ICE PHOENIX

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,883 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    This is very difficult content and more so for some specific players. I think a fair solution is to offer a halls of healing this month which can aid people in beating this content. Please Kabam?

Erm... halls of healing starts on the 10th.

In all fairness though, if it's too hard just stick to Master
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    This is very difficult content and more so for some specific players. I think a fair solution is to offer a halls of healing this month which can aid people in beating this content. Please Kabam?

Erm... halls of healing starts on the 10th.

In all fairness though, if it's too hard just stick to Master
    Ah hell yeah! Hear that guys? later this month you’ll be able to pick up lots of pot n revives to help you get past this! That’ll show this daughter of a money grabbing money grabber! Kabam shot themsleves in the foot! Hahahahahahahaha!
  • JadedJaded Member Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike

This is still an issue. Just fought her and she knocked out 18k health just with coldsnap. This has to be adjusted. I don’t care if I’m left with 25% health but completely KO’ing all 5 champs with just coldsnap isn’t difficult, it’s annoying.
  • QwertyQwerty Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    To be fair, it's not impossible. More difficult. This has been something that the community has been asking for, for quite some time. It's a new level of challenge for the EQ. Naturally, not everyone will be able to complete it right off the bat. As with most things in the game, some will have to work towards it.
    Don’t think anyone asked for unavoidable damage.

It has to have SOME type of difficulty. Otherwise what's the point?
    I’m sure there’s a much better way to add difficulty than throwing in something that takes no skill.

the point is to do it under pressure with very little life.
    If that’s the point they’re trying to get across then they could have easily set the node to have the users life points start the match at a certain percentage.

because if you do like 80% damage to her in the first run, you can quickly finish her off in the second w/o too much penalty.

also the point is cold snap is a debuff, and there are a handful of champs that can deal w/ it properly, giving everybody an out, instead of the guaranteed damage of starting the fight with 10% health. also it discourages bringing low level champs like a 3* champ.

a 4/55 tech champ will survive cold snap with about 40-45% health remaining, assuming no block/parry damage.
  • Run477Run477 Member Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    You guys really need to stop engaging grounded wisdom. The guy is level 45, at most, doubt he’s even beaten maestro once, and just trolls the forums.
  • TrapTrap Member Posts: 124
    9h4de25hwa8x.png
    @Trap how many items and units did u use to do that? Other than 3.1 it hasn’t cost me resources
    No units and maybe about 15 revives trying to get use to TM & modok specials after that was easy
    I’m one of the lucky ones that has mephisto, for ice pheonix and I can solo TM and nearly solo modok with blade, his danger sense stops a lot of modok auto block
  • GwendolineGwendoline Member Posts: 945 ★★★
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    To be fair, it's not impossible. More difficult. This has been something that the community has been asking for, for quite some time. It's a new level of challenge for the EQ. Naturally, not everyone will be able to complete it right off the bat. As with most things in the game, some will have to work towards it.
    Don’t think anyone asked for unavoidable damage.

It has to have SOME type of difficulty. Otherwise what's the point?

Can you even play this difficulty?

Right. That's never been tried here before.

I was genuinely asking. For all I know you've made considerable progress in the story mode. However, if you're not able to see why pre-nerf that having a 5/50 champ lose all of their health in 12 seconds without being touched is ridiculous and why even after the nerf having 80% of it gone is still ridiculous I don't know what to tell you.

We're discussing Unavoidable Damage. Not whether I can do it or not. I find it to be a last resort in a debate. When someone disagrees with a point of view, or has very little to counter with, it gets turned into questioning someone's ability. I wasn't really arguing that it was okay pre-adjustment. I was talking about the challenge in general. Obviously I agree with the adjustment.

No, in this case I think it is a legitimate question. If you are offering grounded wisdom on the relative difficulty of a quest, whether it's an appropriate difficulty, whether it can be done with skill, etc., it ought to be content you are capable of doing. I'm not saying you aren't I honestly have no idea. But most people would answer the question especially if the answer is "yes". If you haven't fought Ice Phoenix on the uncollected quest you probably shouldn't have much to say on the subject. Glad you are in favor of the adjustment. Shame you didn't weigh in prior to it because I guarantee you would have been in favor of the per-adjusted version also.

No. It's not a legitimate question. We're discussing whether Unavoidable Damage is fair or not. Sorry, but this Forum does not require people to qualify for discussions. The subject comes up repeatedly, and it's not appropriate for a debate.

So tell me, if you have pain in your knee and it hurts with every step you take, surgery might be needed, who's advise would you listen too? With who would you talk about the pros and cons of a surgery? Pain medication? Which hospital?

I personally would talk about it with people close to me. Some of those people have been in various hospitals, I would take their opinion into account for sure. Some might have had the same knee injury, those I would seek out and ask about their experience.

I think most people are more inclined to listen to people that have had similar experiences. I my mailman tells me the surgery is no big whoop, easy, fast recovery time, I'd like toknow why he says it. It would make a world of difference if he just read about/heard about/thinks it's like that because it makes the most sense, or if he has had personal experience. Same if my surgeon came into my kitchen explaining how much time and money it would take to redo my kitchen. I'd like to know what makes him say that.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Member Posts: 350 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    I Feel like with all this complaining they're gonna nerf Uncollected difficulty and therefore nerf the awesome rewards.

You guys are ruining the **** out of this thing, stop complaining. Please. On behalf of the vets with mature rosters, please, stop complaining about difficulty.
  • MeshilMeshil Member Posts: 13
    qe562k827vmt.jpeg

Same issue very difficult even I start the fight with all my champ with full health
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,780 ★★★★★
    If u can't do it don't do it simple the rewards there giving is the right difficulty it's at if it goes any lower the quest will be like master a breeze
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,780 ★★★★★
    Well yeah they fixed the problem if it's still a problem then u need to change team like use mephisto rogue any tech then she won't deal as much 14k is 12 seconds like the damage is unavoidable yes but it isn't bad like I find it great to get unavoidable damage that's 14k since it makes u have to play very safe and play different
    Trap wrote: »
    I’m one of the lucky ones that has mephisto, for ice pheonix and I can solo TM and nearly solo modok with blade, his danger sense stops a lot of modok auto block

My quake destroys modok
    Jaded wrote: »
    Bendy wrote: »
    If u can't do it don't do it simple the rewards there giving is the right difficulty it's at if it goes any lower the quest will be like master a breeze

That isn’t what people are complaining about. Unavoidable damage shouldn’t in any content be able to wipe out your whole team. Then when that happens you can’t just revive you have to fill on health as well. It’s a cash grab that shouldn’t exist on a monthly quest. If this was act5.4 sure but not in something that goes away after a month.

If u have mephisto or a ranked rogue it’s not that bad. I have neither, so it hurts
    Husky54 wrote: »
    I Feel like with all this complaining they're gonna nerf Uncollected difficulty and therefore nerf the awesome rewards.

You guys are ruining the **** out of this thing, stop complaining. Please. On behalf of the vets with mature rosters, please, stop complaining about difficulty.

1. Kabam has never nerfed rewards.
    2. The original permutation of Ice Phoenix was absurd.
    3. Even those of us, like myself, who have mature rosters and are vets do not have all the champs that make mitigating cold snap more manageable.
    4. I'm all for things being difficult. But things should also be manageable. There's a careful balance to strike between the two and that balance was not met when the quest went live.
    5. Those of us who got nailed by the OP Ice Phoenix need to be fairly compensated and not with a few useless pots—rather, they need to at least give us a partial refund of actual items/units spent to clear her before she was rebalanced.

You make some good points Husky.

That being said, the complaining needs to stop. This new uncollected difficulty is a blessing. The rewards are amazing. I fully support it not being a "gimme" for everyone with any random roster to complete.

If you don't have the right tools to do the job, then wait until you do. It's the first uncollected monthly quest with a unique title that you can only get this month. It should absolutely be challenging.

I think Ice Phoenix is a rite of passage champ, similar to ROL wolvie. We should expect to see something similar on every uncollected map going forward. Not many of us could beat ROL wolvie with our first 4-40 4*... many had to wait for the right champ. You either got what I takes, or you dont...

Once again this isn’t “difficultly” this is unavoidable damage. It isn’t about having the right tools or right roster it’s all about dropping items on a monthly quest. It’s one aspect to use a team revive here and there but this 1 champ takes many team revives and full health on your champs if you fail to solo her. There is no skill.
  • Chancellor_HawkChancellor_Hawk Member Posts: 34

3. Even those of us, like myself, who have mature rosters and are vets do not have all the champs that make mitigating cold snap more manageable.
    4. I'm all for things being difficult. But things should also be manageable. There's a careful balance to strike between the two and that balance was not met when the quest went live.
    5. Those of us who got nailed by the OP Ice Phoenix need to be fairly compensated and not with a few useless pots—rather, they need to at least give us a partial refund of actual items/units spent to clear her before she was rebalanced.

That being said, the complaining needs to stop. This new uncollected difficulty is a blessing. The rewards are amazing. I fully support it not being a "gimme" for everyone with any random roster to complete.

If you don't have the right tools to do the job, then wait until you do. It's the first uncollected monthly quest with a unique title that you can only get this month. It should absolutely be challenging.

I think Ice Phoenix is a rite of passage champ, similar to ROL wolvie. We should expect to see something similar on every uncollected map going forward. Not many of us could beat ROL wolvie with our first 4-40 4*... many had to wait for the right champ. You either got what I takes, or you dont...

Once again this isn’t “difficultly” this is unavoidable damage. It isn’t about having the right tools or right roster it’s all about dropping items on a monthly quest. It’s one aspect to use a team revive here and there but this 1 champ takes many team revives and full health on your champs if you fail to solo her. There is no skill.

There is zero unavoidable damage using mephisto. There are several other options available too that will minimize the damage. These are the "tools" I'm referring to.

I know my opinion isn't the popular one, but I'm being honest here. I totally understand how frustrating it is if you don't have the right tool for this job.

In a month, many of us will have a r5 5* champ. This current difficulty will feel pretty easy as long us you rank up the correct champ.
    edited December 2017

except it is about skill.

in this thread,

1. there is a guy who posted screenshots of himself one shotting ice phoenix with a 5/50,
    2. there are multiple suggestions as to who to use to shrug off cold snap,
    3. from personal experience, 4/55, 3/45 skill, and 5/50 mystic all survive her cold snap without taking any block or parry damage. a 4/55, 3/45, and 5/50 all survive her cold snap. one more time, a 4/55, 3/45, and 5/50 all survive her cold snap.

with skill there's really no reason to use "many team revives" and "full health champs"
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Member Posts: 524 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Anyone tried a high signature Ultron, Coldsnap is energy damage and his sig ability reduces that not to mention the class advantage. That was how I beat Master mode Iceman a few months back.

in this thread,

1. there is a guy who posted screenshots of himself one shotting ice phoenix with a 5/50,
    3. from personal experience, 4/55, 3/45 skill, and 5/50 mystic all survive her cold snap without taking any block or parry damage. a 4/55, 3/45, and 5/50 all survive her cold snap. one more time, a 4/55, 3/45, and 5/50 all survive her cold snap.

with skill there's really no reason to many team revives and "full health champs"

Okay so then my 18 rank 5 4* are all extremely low on health compared to you as not one of them survive the coldsnap.
    My r3 5*’s do survive with about 10% health. While that could be enough to make it through it’s still not a situation that should be accepted by the community. Regardless how YOU feel. Allowing kabam to throw in unavoidable damage that does up to 16k-18k damage is unacceptable by any standards. Even if YOU don’t think it is. It is people like yourself that paves the way for more unacceptable situations because YOU will just bend over an take it.

edited December 2017

in this thread,

with skill there's really no reason to many team revives and "full health champs"

Okay so then my 18 rank 5 4* are all extremely low on health compared to you as not one of them survive the coldsnap.
    My r3 5*’s do survive with about 10% health. While that could be enough to make it through it’s still not a situation that should be accepted by the community. Regardless how YOU feel. Allowing kabam to throw in unavoidable damage that does up to 16k-18k damage is unacceptable by any standards. Even if YOU don’t think it is. It is people like yourself that paves the way for more unacceptable situations because YOU will just bend over an take it.

there are multiple proofs that there are ways to deal with it without using items, but you're unwilling to accept it.

these situations are unacceptable to you because you can't do it, but clearly people can without using items. it's not kabam's issue, it's yours.

in this thread,

there are multiple proofs that there are ways to deal with it without using items, but you're unwilling to accept it.

these situations are unacceptable to you because you can't do it, but clearly people can without using items. it's not kabam's issue, it's yours.

Okay so you want to accept 18k unavoidable damage if you aren’t using rogue or mephisto. Gotcha. Allow kabam to stick it to the players. Good to the sides people take.

FYI. I am done exploring that level. So not my issue.

in this thread,

Okay so you want to accept 18k unavoidable damage if you aren’t using rogue or mephisto. Gotcha. Allow kabam to stick it to the players. Good to the sides people take.

FYI. I am done exploring that level. So not my issue.

considering it makes that fight extremely skill based, yes i'll take it.