**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When can we expect our battlegrounds rewards?

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

They can't really give a definite answer if they don't know.

That's the thing. They SHOULD know. Or they should have been banning people when the season was on and not waiting till it ended
    I can't speak for their process, and I can't say they don't know, but it takes more than a Report and some screenshots. You need to comb through the data. From what I gather, I believe we saw some actions during the Season as well.
    This whole idea that people should be able to send a Report and have an instant ban isn't realistic, and it's also quite dangerous to think about. Every dissatisfied Loss would lead to a ban.
    It takes time to verify, and it also takes time to manually make adjustments and take any other punitive actions. As much as people want an instaban system, I'd rather shut the mode down. Can you imagine if it were your Account falsely accused?
    Comb through what data? If someone kills Peni Parker in 6sec or in 5 hits, what more evidence do you need?
    I didn't talk about an instaban system. You are giving arguments to something I never spoke about. Wanting to fill up those lines I guess.
    So you're under the impression they can just look at the screenshot and act immediately? Interesting.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

The team is still working hard to get these rewards out asap; please be patient.

In the meantime, Q&A:

Why not ban cheaters incrementally throughout the season, instead of at the end?
    The team does monitor and ban players throughout the season, then do a further, more meticulous skim once the season has concluded.

Why not send out rewards, then double back to remove cheaters and claw back rewards, then adjust them for non-cheaters?
    Woof, just typing it is a lot - this approach has many issues. Firstly, there is zero clarity for who's been removed for cheating. And secondly, it is infinitely more work for the team.

Cheaters should have their solo and alliance points revoked! Alliances should be punished for their cheating members!
    Not a question, but, yes we will be removing contributions to Solo and Alliance Events from players found cheating. At this point in time, there is no additional punishment for alliances with cheating members, because it is often outside of Alliance Leadership's capabilities to know when their members are cheating.

Can you post a list of all the cheaters who have been banned?
    We've seen a lot of speculation on the reasons that have been previously provided for not posting cheaters in-game IDs, legal and otherwise. The short answer is: no, we will not be publicly posting names of accounts that were found cheating. There are a number of contributing factors, and regardless of whether you think there are legal grounds to stand on, the precedent was set long ago and will continue on this matter.

Why is the wait so long?
    There will be a short period after each BG season where we do these checks before providing rewards. In the name of transparency, there has been a snag internally with some software refusing to co-operate resulting in a longer wait than anticipated. As the team problem-solves these issues they are also working to try to shorten the wait time for future seasons.

Thanks Jax!
  • Options
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

That's the thing. They SHOULD know. Or they should have been banning people when the season was on and not waiting till it ended
    I can't speak for their process, and I can't say they don't know, but it takes more than a Report and some screenshots. You need to comb through the data. From what I gather, I believe we saw some actions during the Season as well.
    This whole idea that people should be able to send a Report and have an instant ban isn't realistic, and it's also quite dangerous to think about. Every dissatisfied Loss would lead to a ban.
    It takes time to verify, and it also takes time to manually make adjustments and take any other punitive actions. As much as people want an instaban system, I'd rather shut the mode down. Can you imagine if it were your Account falsely accused?
    Comb through what data? If someone kills Peni Parker in 6sec or in 5 hits, what more evidence do you need?
    I didn't talk about an instaban system. You are giving arguments to something I never spoke about. Wanting to fill up those lines I guess.
    So you're under the impression they can just look at the screenshot and act immediately? Interesting.
    Did I say this? You are imagining a lot of stuff my friend.
    They can look at the screenshots, confirm (or cross-reference) it with real data and be done with it
    Yes, that's just what I said. It's the data that takes time.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

The team is still working hard to get these rewards out asap; please be patient.

In the meantime, Q&A:

Why not ban cheaters incrementally throughout the season, instead of at the end?
    The team does monitor and ban players throughout the season, then do a further, more meticulous skim once the season has concluded.

Why not send out rewards, then double back to remove cheaters and claw back rewards, then adjust them for non-cheaters?
    Woof, just typing it is a lot - this approach has many issues. Firstly, there is zero clarity for who's been removed for cheating. And secondly, it is infinitely more work for the team.

Cheaters should have their solo and alliance points revoked! Alliances should be punished for their cheating members!
    Not a question, but, yes we will be removing contributions to Solo and Alliance Events from players found cheating. At this point in time, there is no additional punishment for alliances with cheating members, because it is often outside of Alliance Leadership's capabilities to know when their members are cheating.

We've seen a lot of speculation on the reasons that have been previously provided for not posting cheaters in-game IDs, legal and otherwise. The short answer is: no, we will not be publicly posting names of accounts that were found cheating. There are a number of contributing factors, and regardless of whether you think there are legal grounds to stand on, the precedent was set long ago and will continue on this matter.

Why is the wait so long?
    There will be a short period after each BG season where we do these checks before providing rewards. In the name of transparency, there has been a snag internally with some software refusing to co-operate resulting in a longer wait than anticipated. As the team problem-solves these issues they are also working to try to shorten the wait time for future seasons.

This is informative. Thank you!

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

They can look at the screenshots, confirm (or cross-reference) it with real data and be done with it
    You have to be kidding me. I'm literally wasting my time here
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 287 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

In the meantime, Q&A:

Why is the wait so long?

based on your professional assumption is there any chance it will be released today or better to expect it for tomorrow and onwards?
  • Options
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Perhaps. I pointed out how there's a process to it, and it takes time. Then you said how much data do they need, with the evidence given. You then doubled back and said the exact same thing I did.
  • Options
    ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88
    edited November 2022
    Give us a "clean" or "fixed" leaderboard when rewards are out like you guys do with alliance war seasons.

:)
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Perhaps. I pointed out how there's a process to it, and it takes time. Then you said how much data do they need, with the evidence given. You then doubled back and said the exact same thing I did.
    You said:
    You need to comb through the data

That implies that there is too much data to go through. I said that they simply have to cross-reference it. I'm done here
  • Options
    Any idea how many Fights are reported, and how many you have to search through? I'll admit, I'm not aware of their specific process, but it's a little more detailed than Report X shows Evidence Y.
    Either way, we can certainly move on. My bottom line is it takes time. For good reason.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Thank you for the information, there’s more to wait and hope it’s fast enough
  • Options
    KennyPLKennyPL Posts: 114 ★★
    Is anyone really surprised? I mean, really?
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 287 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    Wiredawg1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

In the meantime, Q&A:

Why is the wait so long?

You have had countless months of bg beta testing. Even how many aw seasons to get this straighten out and you still don’t have the bugs worked out in catching cheaters? Seems someone dunno how to do their jobs
    there is no game in this world that doesn't have cheaters. Its never easy preventing cheaters.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

In the meantime, Q&A:

Why is the wait so long?

I really appreciate the thoughtfulness and time spent on giving the best update you could. I do wish there was more information in here though. I mean one of the more notable cheaters in season 2 was in the top10 most of the season with suspicious reports filed all season, I feel like if in season monitoring is seriously happening that account would have been banned in week 2/3. So while I can’t refute that in season monitoring and bans of cheating did occur there is an easy anecdotal example to point at of it not being serious as well.

It would be good to get more solid timelines attached to rewards payouts. While in some ways this is only season 2… the presence of these low life modders was well documented in arena scores, Facebook adds selling the mod tools, and throughout the Beta. So while a part of me is happy that the team is taking it seriously now I remain frustrated that it took this long and about the residual impact
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 741 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Pikolu said:

Crys23 said:

They could at least give an update. After more than 3 days, they should have a rough idea when they'll be done going through the leaderboard.
    Will it be another 6 hours? 1 day? At least 2 days?

If after 3 days you can't estimate how much longer will take, then you kinda don't know what you're doing in the first place...

Hi, got a friendly update about the timeline. It'll be done sometime between 2 seconds from now, and 5 years.

I understand the frustration of the community since we don't know the timeline, but it would be much worse if kabam said we would get rewards Friday and still hadn't finishing kicking cheaters by then and had to delay it further. Hopefully next season will be better since they got an anticheat person hired so they can hopefully be more proactive about their banning.
    I didn't say "gives an exact date". I said to gives us an update on how it's going and an estimate on when it will be done.
    They can say Friday or they can say two weeks. All I'm asking for is Communication. Which they just did. Still not great news, but it's something.
  • Options
    Crys23 said:

Pikolu said:

Crys23 said:

They could at least give an update. After more than 3 days, they should have a rough idea when they'll be done going through the leaderboard.
    Will it be another 6 hours? 1 day? At least 2 days?

If after 3 days you can't estimate how much longer will take, then you kinda don't know what you're doing in the first place...

Hi, got a friendly update about the timeline. It'll be done sometime between 2 seconds from now, and 5 years.

I understand the frustration of the community since we don't know the timeline, but it would be much worse if kabam said we would get rewards Friday and still hadn't finishing kicking cheaters by then and had to delay it further. Hopefully next season will be better since they got an anticheat person hired so they can hopefully be more proactive about their banning.
    I didn't say "gives an exact date". I said to gives us an update on how it's going and an estimate on when it will be done.
    They can say Friday or they can say two weeks. All I'm asking is Communication.
    If they say Friday and it isn't Friday, they will be called liars. So they can't just arbitrarily say Friday. If they say two weeks from now, everyone will be complaining that it is going to take two weeks, when it might not take two weeks.

Estimates have to be reasonably close or they are less than worthless. And if an accurate estimate can't be determined, it is usually better to say nothing. My recollection is that after the end of the season they said it would take a few days at least, which I interpreted to be in the general vicinity of a week. Absent further information, I think that's still a reasonable guess. I don't expect them to be giving out daily progress reports, and in fact I don't want them to stop and take time to give them while they are working on it. In this case, we just have to let them do their work as fast as they are capable of doing it, and if that's not fast enough for some players, I can understand that, but there's nothing else you can do about it. Complaining about it and demanding updates will only slow things down, not speed them up.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    @DNA3000 You're not wrong about the difficulties in providing accurate timelines...They're damned if they do, and they're damned if they don't.

I will however disagree regarding the updates they can give.

I have no doubt they can ascertain how many people participated in BGs through the season. With that knowledge, at the end of each day they could say "We cleared 400 accounts." (better articulated as a percentage...let's call it 5%). The next day they could provide their close of business update to say "We've cleared 20%." Then "We've cleared 30%".

I think most would welcome that update, cause while it doesn't explicitly call out a date the rewards will come out, it does provide the desired status update without detracting from the more important work of actually clearing the accounts.
  • Options
    MinderuMinderu Posts: 72 ★★
    Kabam has had four days to go through and sift out cheaters including Monday, what the heck is going on??? Some communication would be nice, at least an ETA I feel like the first thing you should do before filtering then out. Is find some sort of earliest we can theoretically be done and the latest, at least thats what I do before starting a project Establish sprints.
  • Options
    kunfuweikunfuwei Posts: 64
    Can we just have the alliance clock extended for the milestones to include processing time so you don’t have to close and moderate 500 bg plus bg posts? Give yourself the extra week sure that’s understandable but ensure it shown in the game not just the forums.