Where are the AQ Rewards?? [updated: 12-07, 2:30pm PT]

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,971 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the team has hit a snag in the process of getting these rewards out and the timeline has been updated to target Wednesday this week. Apologies from the game team and the community team alike.

There are a lot of theories in this thread about what's taking so long and why it should be "so simple" so I wanted to shed some light onto the situation.

It is not as simple as copy+paste as some have suggested. One team has to run data queries to gather all of the placements of players from the previous season to set a "map" of who is getting what ranking of rewards. I don't know the exact intricacies of this process, but it does involve a lot more manual work than you would expect.

After we have this map, the new rewards need to be attached to it, another manual process with margin for error. Time is taken to make sure there are not errors in the process, which unfortunately lengthens the wait. To the best of my knowledge, the snag in the timeline this time around has come in updating the rewards from the previous season to Season 10's reward scale, yet another manual process impacting thousands of players.

After all of this is finished, there's yet another process of setting the rewards live in the game and distributing them to all accounts.

If you've seen our previous post discussing the tools used to manage banning modders, this might seem familiar. It is many more steps than meets the eye and our systems do not automate the process. It is something that is being worked on and we're hoping to grow better equipped as time goes on.

So you’re giving out extra rewards too?

Dr. Zola
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 367 ★★★
    So we're going to basically get two weeks of rewards for AQ on the same day or close to it, since the new AQ will be wrapping up Wednesday afternoon as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,510 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the team has hit a snag in the process of getting these rewards out and the timeline has been updated to target Wednesday this week. Apologies from the game team and the community team alike.

There are a lot of theories in this thread about what's taking so long and why it should be "so simple" so I wanted to shed some light onto the situation.

It is not as simple as copy+paste as some have suggested. One team has to run data queries to gather all of the placements of players from the previous season to set a "map" of who is getting what ranking of rewards. I don't know the exact intricacies of this process, but it does involve a lot more manual work than you would expect.

After we have this map, the new rewards need to be attached to it, another manual process with margin for error. Time is taken to make sure there are not errors in the process, which unfortunately lengthens the wait. To the best of my knowledge, the snag in the timeline this time around has come in updating the rewards from the previous season to Season 10's reward scale, yet another manual process impacting thousands of players.

After all of this is finished, there's yet another process of setting the rewards live in the game and distributing them to all accounts.

If you've seen our previous post discussing the tools used to manage banning modders, this might seem familiar. It is many more steps than meets the eye and our systems do not automate the process. It is something that is being worked on and we're hoping to grow better equipped as time goes on.

You guys move slower then the federal government….and that says something

So what’s your plan now for people who are sitting on max glory?. Cause you are now dumping 2 weeks worth of glory on us at once
    That's a fairly detailed explanation. Frustrations aside, I think that's a bit uncalled for.
  • HuenasHuenas Member Posts: 33
    Ok ok….now do the “we will ban mod/bot Accts at least weekly” again!

Love the greatest hits of lies playlist. It never gets old
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    Huenas said:

Ok ok….now do the “we will ban mod/bot Accts at least weekly” again!

Love the greatest hits of lies playlist. It never gets old

You know that a week has 7 Days in it and your referencing a post from 3 days ago. Think that math might be a little incomplete at the moment.
  • ChovnerChovner Member Posts: 1,222 ★★★★★
    Will this delay the current AQ rewards when this cycle ends on a few days?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

Will this delay the current AQ rewards when this cycle ends on a few days?

No, if everything goes according to plan, it's going to double up the rewards on day 5
  • GOTGGOTG Member Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    It's safe to say that Kabam has lost control of some last events and we will never get AQ SA rewards which they promised to provide.

And after sometime Kabam will close all threads related to this topic to bury it down forever.

I give this prediction with confidence after all kind of treatment I received from this company throughout the years.
  • loader187loader187 Member Posts: 222 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

This is what's wrong with the world. Its just a game and just rewards. Can you really not play the game because of the rewards being delayed? Stop your crying and play the game or here is another thought........ just quit(you probably wont be missed).
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,822 ★★★★★
    I'll take it. 2 more days you say!! Okay!
  • luscious_lu6luscious_lu6 Member Posts: 9
    Damn my boy is cold blooded lol
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,005 ★★★★★
    So what we’re essentially saying is that we’ll get rewards Wednesday, so tomorrow?

So You Gotta Hang On 'Til Tomorrow, Come What May
    Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I Love You, Tomorrow
    You're Always A Day Away
    Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I Love You, Tomorrow
    You're Always A Day Away
  • Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Member Posts: 352 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Stings, doesn't it?
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Member Posts: 150 ★★
    honestly, if the decision was in my hand, I'd send everyone the 3rd highest milestone for everyone.
    I mean, would that break game economy in anyway shape or form?? ofc not.
    in fact, quite the opposite, it will let everyone knows that we care for our customers.

oh well, this is what it is

honestly, if the decision was in my hand, I'd send everyone the 3rd highest milestone for everyone.
    in fact, quite the opposite, it will let everyone knows that we care for our customers.

people who normally get 1st and2nd milestone wont be happy though
    but this way, they narrowed the data they have to collect from thousands to only 60 players or so, so they can manually send those players manually their correct rewards (1st and 2nd milestones), while the rest gets the 3rd milestone, so no data collection needed
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

So what’s your plan now for people who are sitting on max glory?. Cause you are now dumping 2 weeks worth of glory on us at once
    Man I wouldn’t know what the solution to this would be… maybe… spend it?
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Go buy stuff from the glory store

people who normally get 1st and2nd milestone wont be happy though
    but this way, they narrowed the data they have to collect from thousands to only 60 players or so, so they can manually send those players manually their correct rewards (1st and 2nd milestones), while the rest gets the 3rd milestone, so no data collection needed
    hmm that does sound like a good idea but we all know that will just never happen sadly
    also for players who do like map1,2,3 i think top3 rewards would be a bit too much with the t6b and t3a lol
    it's not like that gonna be enough to r4 6* in anyway shape or form! every major sale, game economy shatter in pieces but Kabam don't care about that since they get paid (which is totally fine, and they earn it)
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

At this point, would it be more simple to just send out double AQ rewards for this week when it ends... Day 4 just about to close. Another AQ about to be come and gone and no rewards from prior week. I don't understand why to commit to something that is overly complicated and time consuming on your end if that is really the case to sort out who gets what... After AQ rewards are sent this week on Thursday, just do it again?

Sure placements could have changed (up or down) from 2 weeks ago to the current AQ but no one did last week's AQ so at this point any set of 'regular' rewards is ok w/ me.
  • Dragoon81Dragoon81 Member Posts: 147 ★★

Chikel said:

Y'all should calm down. Rewards will come tomorrow

They had almost a week and a half to figure it out but couldn't? Come on man, it's not even a coding nightmare they're just lazy.
    Can you explain how it's not a coding nightmare? Can you explain exactly how Kabam could have done it earlier? I can only assume you have insider knowledge in their processes to be able to make a bold statement like you just did.
    What do you mean how it's not a coding nightmare all they have to do is look back at the rewards they sent last AQ and send them again it isn't rocket science lmao I don't have insider knowledge but I have something called a brain which gives me the ability to think logically, you don't?
    So if it's that simple, why would it take this long? I'm well aware you don't have insider knowledge as that was a rhetorical question. It's never as simple as you think it is.
    Because they're lazy, that's why. I praise the devs when they deserve to be praised but almost two weeks just to send out a bunch of rewards when they've literally done other stuff that actually can be a coding nightmare such as changing matchmaking in Battlegrounds in less than a week?
    i think if they could've clicked a few buttons and sent out rewards, they would've done it already. don't assume that someone is lazy just because it's not getting done. if you have no idea what they have to do to send out the rewards, don't say that they can just click a few buttons and do it
    They can click buttons to change matchmaking in less than a week but they can't do it to send out a bunch of rewards a week and a half after? Oh you poor sweet summer child.
    Tell me you know nothing about programming without telling me you know nothing about programming.
    Tell me you'll eat whatever nasty food you get served without telling me you'll eat whatever nasty food you get served... Mr. Hacker Programmer, there's a reason you're getting ratioed on every comment.
    classy.

anyways FWIW, 11 years as a data analyst/architect tells me I could get these results over lunch IF their data collection is clean and their schema doesn't look like trash. To wit:
    query rank table- results-aq -date;
    match table new rankings rewards;
    run query matching userid to new rank;
    rewards should be userid driven based on snapshot of rank at time of last aq, not alliance driven
    execute

assuming they have their data tables run right. easy.
    11 years my self in various roles and almost 3 years in DevOps, makes me sad that this seems so hard to people.
  • InfamousMikeInfamousMike Member Posts: 71

Please change color it dazzles me or I have nausea or I have the fear of emptiness with this maps 6

That color really sucks, is not healthy for my eyees..
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Member Posts: 475 ★★★

Chikel said:

Y'all should calm down. Rewards will come tomorrow

They had almost a week and a half to figure it out but couldn't? Come on man, it's not even a coding nightmare they're just lazy.
    Can you explain how it's not a coding nightmare? Can you explain exactly how Kabam could have done it earlier? I can only assume you have insider knowledge in their processes to be able to make a bold statement like you just did.
    What do you mean how it's not a coding nightmare all they have to do is look back at the rewards they sent last AQ and send them again it isn't rocket science lmao I don't have insider knowledge but I have something called a brain which gives me the ability to think logically, you don't?
    So if it's that simple, why would it take this long? I'm well aware you don't have insider knowledge as that was a rhetorical question. It's never as simple as you think it is.
    Because they're lazy, that's why. I praise the devs when they deserve to be praised but almost two weeks just to send out a bunch of rewards when they've literally done other stuff that actually can be a coding nightmare such as changing matchmaking in Battlegrounds in less than a week?
    i think if they could've clicked a few buttons and sent out rewards, they would've done it already. don't assume that someone is lazy just because it's not getting done. if you have no idea what they have to do to send out the rewards, don't say that they can just click a few buttons and do it
    They can click buttons to change matchmaking in less than a week but they can't do it to send out a bunch of rewards a week and a half after? Oh you poor sweet summer child.
    Tell me you know nothing about programming without telling me you know nothing about programming.
    Tell me you'll eat whatever nasty food you get served without telling me you'll eat whatever nasty food you get served... Mr. Hacker Programmer, there's a reason you're getting ratioed on every comment.
    classy.

anyways FWIW, 11 years as a data analyst/architect tells me I could get these results over lunch IF their data collection is clean and their schema doesn't look like trash. To wit:
    query rank table- results-aq -date;
    match table new rankings rewards;
    run query matching userid to new rank;
    rewards should be userid driven based on snapshot of rank at time of last aq, not alliance driven
    execute

assuming they have their data tables run right. easy.
    Masters student in Statistics here (undergraduate was in stat and data science)- also in disbelief that anything they listed could possibly take this long. Their architecture is, at best, a cesspool and thats really the only explanation besides incompetence
  • SandPounderSandPounder Member Posts: 356 ★★★
    At this point they are probably wishing they agreed to just double the rewards for this AQ that’s about to finish