**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Scrap Store Coming in Late January!

Comments

• Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    @Kabam Miike does this mean there’s a window from January 16 to late January where scrap can’t be spent?
  • Options
    ChiiccChiicc Posts: 163

How much item limit will be there? Or can i purchase infinetly the same item for scrap,can u explain that?

It was explained. Everything will remain the same. No limitations same as quest can choose whiz ya want and how many times you want
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    guess not
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★

How long will we have after the event because today is Thursday January 5th and the team said Late January but the event ends on the 11th so will the Scarp stay or disappear because I’m getting anxious 😬 please 🙏🏻 give us an update @Kabam Jax

read the original post on the previous page... it states that the scrap will not disappear after the event concludes
  • Options
    DarthMysticDarthMystic Posts: 55
    Ainy said:

How long will we have after the event because today is Thursday January 5th and the team said Late January but the event ends on the 11th so will the Scarp stay or disappear because I’m getting anxious 😬 please 🙏🏻 give us an update @Kabam Jax

read the original post on the previous page... it states that the scrap will not disappear after the event concludes
    To be fair some of us would like an in game notification/confirmation making sure the community team and development team are on the same page.
  • Options
    Paulr2011Paulr2011 Posts: 29
    Does this mean the solo event will be extended as well? It is showing it ends in just under 3 days and we still have no set date for the store release.
  • Options
    RomeroKRomeroK Posts: 47
    Paulr2011 said:

Does this mean the solo event will be extended as well? It is showing it ends in just under 3 days and we still have no set date for the store release.

You do get that the solo event is about doing arena and battlegrounds not using scrap?
  • Options
    ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 292 ★★★
    sooo when?
  • Options
    ChosimbaChosimba Posts: 7
    Any update on the store other than "late January?" I have like 3 million scrap. It's a lot of clicking and loading screens to go through the quest 60 times.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    Would be good to have an answer. Shall I grab some random stuff now in case I need it later, or will it be live with the update so I can pick what I want when I want?
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    SandeepS said:

Would be good to have an answer. Shall I grab some random stuff now in case I need it later, or will it be live with the update so I can pick what I want when I want?

While the EQ and Side Quest to earn scrap is going away within the hour, Rocket's Workshop is still up for another week so there is no rush today.

Hopefully the Store will be activated when the Workshop is taken down next week. 🤞🏼
  • Options
    Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    Well this definitely isn't cool. Y'all didn't give us the store and without the store we can't spend the scrap so please explain to me how I was supposed to claim this? Are you going to send it to us in a private message? Or do we just miss out on the rewards because there's no store? 🫣 Honestly I thought that y'all would have figured out that this needed to be extended.

• Options
    Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
    edited January 2023

Y'all... It's January 11th. There's no world in which that is "late January" :tongue: We don't have a timeline yet, but expect it closer to the end of the month.

For those who aren’t native English speakers or have poor time perception, “late January” is last week of Jan, latest Jan 31st.

Having said that, a Replay button may have been quicker to implement.
  • Options

… so please explain to me how I was supposed to claim this?

Those Milestones in that expired Solo event were for doing Arena or Battlegrounds FIGHTS. You did not do any such fights, so didn’t earn any points, so couldn’t have claimed those milestones anyways.

If you have scrap (and scrap was available in other areas of game too), you can still SPEND them in the Rocket's Workshop Side-Quest that is still available for another week.

(and then in **LATE** January, a new Scrap Store will be available for faster reception of scrap for same amount of rewards, just without entering/running an empty side quest every time).
  • Options
    PutinLe2610PutinLe2610 Posts: 7
    Could u plz tell us when the scrap store will b available in game? Exactly the day
  • Options
    meoreanmeorean Posts: 57

Could u plz tell us when the scrap store will b available in game? Exactly the day

They have said several times in this thread that there would be more information in late January. We are still in mid January. Expect more info will come out late next week or the week after.
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Rotelly said:

Uhm the scrap store selector is almost as painful as the event quest, i was really hoping to be able to bulk purchase items and not have to go through 50+ selectors

Takes 30 seconds at least to do the quest, maybe 5 for the selector. Maybe not the most ideal way but it certainly is better
  • Options
    TheMimicTheMimic Posts: 12
    Doesn't each run of the quest give 500k gold but the selector only gives the path rewards... doesn't that make the selector not as good as the quest? Or did I miss something?
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    TheMimic said:

Doesn't each run of the quest give 500k gold but the selector only gives the path rewards... doesn't that make the selector not as good as the quest? Or did I miss something?

no, that was only the first run-through. the rest only gave you want you selected on the path
  • Options
    TheMimicTheMimic Posts: 12

TheMimic said:

no, that was only the first run-through. the rest only gave you want you selected on the path
    Apologies... I was wrong. Guess I did miss something 😅
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Not a huge deal but is there any reason this was made a selector instead of just doing it like regular stores and listing each item available that we can then individually select the number we want all at once?
  • Options
    Crine60 said:

Not a huge deal but is there any reason this was made a selector instead of just doing it like regular stores and listing each item available that we can then individually select the number we want all at once?

In essence: time.

The team prioritized this solution now as opposed to lengthening the process week/week and a half for a full store.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Crine60 said:

The team prioritized this solution now as opposed to lengthening the process week/week and a half for a full store.
    Seems to be a priority for you guys these days. Get stuff out quickly without worrying about quality of life or good positive feedback. Everything is rushed and not thought out at all. Another half a week or so wouldn't have been the end of the world.
  • Options
    djquudjquu Posts: 8
    Kabam Jax said:

Crine60 said:

How about asking the community what we want, and if we're willing to wait? You wrote "SCRAP STORE COMING IN LATE JANUARY!" and then we get this half-way solution in mid-Jan, who asked for that? I personally have over 2M scraps, tapping open 40 selectors will not be much fun, and I didn't even go hard core for the shards.