**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Don't even bother with featured. Rigged.

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    FlipBoy said:

Then how do you explain players getting a ton of yondus and agent venoms but not 1 IDoom.

People can get Yondus can get iDooms too, it’s pure luck

But those who get lucky, are not likely to post as much as those who got unlucky, and post to vent their frustration 😉
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Some people just can't wrap their head around the fact that some people are lucky and they were not.

They're too busy wrapping their heads in tinfoil
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Here's some video proof that it's not "rigged". Ton of features in this haul

https://youtu.be/Xo-2l_HbrBE
  • FlipBoy said:

The "drop rates" may be the same but kabam for sure has the game programmed for God tier champs to be pulled a lot less than meme tier champs. Featured champs especially gets pulled a whole lot less no matter what kabam says. Cuz otherwise those players popping over 30 featureds should have gotten each featureds at least once instead of pulling 6 or 7 yondus, agent venom and Civil warriors.

This would require Kabam to actually signify somehow which champ is “god tier” or “meme” tier. Categories made up by the community, and then make odds for champs in those groups. God tier and everything else is subjective. While there may be champs that no one or everyone used and goes for, not every champ is going to fit on those subjective categories and people don’t always agree with them as well. That would also imply Kabam purposefully making champs duds or not to fit in these categories which isn’t the case or the vision they are going for.

Also no, just because they open 30 or more doesn’t mean they are guaranteed to get each of the champs in the pool or even each of the features just once. That would be the case if it the champs were removed after each pull, but they aren’t. Each individual crystal is the exact same odds as the last. So each pull is individually random.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Pandingo said:

I saved up 400k units. And I got one ONE new featured champion. The game was having 'connection' issues the whole time I was opening crystals as well
    . There is zero chance these crystals aren't rigged to favor the poor champs. One new champ. I saved for months. Here's an example of five popped. And the whole thing looked like this.

Thats called pretty bad luck my guy 🤷‍♂️
  • RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    29 crystals here.
    0 Spot, 0 Inf Doom, 0 Absorbing, 0 Attuma, 1 Mantis, 5 Shuri.
    Im so upset, i dont wanna play this game anymore.
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Rebark said:

29 crystals here.
    0 Spot, 0 Inf Doom, 0 Absorbing, 0 Attuma, 1 Mantis, 5 Shuri.
    Im so upset, i dont wanna play this game anymore.

Did you at least get Spidey Supreme?
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    You have people getting all the new champs within 20 openings and you have some double the number of that and are still missing over half. RNG is the word.

But.... even if they secretly weighted the old champs heavier than the new, ones, you would never be able to generate enough sample size of data to statistically prove it.

So to ease your own feelings, better to chalk it up to bad luck.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 257 ★★
    edited February 2023
    I dont believe that the crystals are rigged, despite opening 39 crystals myself and no iDoom. The only champ I care about in this featured crystal. Likewise I have alliance members that opened 50 and 60 crystals and didnt get iDoom either. I do still believe that it is just bad rng.

However, I do see more and more people write - in 'public' Line foras - that bad rng make them look for arena mercs. Oftren it is cheaper than bad rng, they say, and they are guaranteed to get the champ they are looking for...
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Hot damn, we actually need to make an permanent banner that really explains how the crystal opening mechanism with all those RNG works and especially the reel serves nothing more than just to watch it for “fun” or another moments of “ daaamm I almost had it!!”
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    Not rigged but timed in a certain way. Last feature I opened probably between 75-100 features it was so many lost count only got 3 of the 6. I think it is timed somehow. Back in the day before 5 stars. I could pull all the new 4 star champs. I would spin a crystal watch the reel if it was showing a certain spin the new champ was about to drop so I would spin one a different times until that reel was showing. New champ would always drop within 5 crystals. The beginning of the new year kabam changed the reel to super generic got a bunch of complaints and they changed it to what it is now.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★

Jkw634 said:

Not rigged but timed in a certain way. Last feature I opened probably between 75-100 features it was so many lost count only got 3 of the 6. I think it is timed somehow. Back in the day before 5 stars. I could pull all the new 4 star champs. I would spin a crystal watch the reel if it was showing a certain spin the new champ was about to drop so I would spin one a different times until that reel was showing. New champ would always drop within 5 crystals. The beginning of the new year kabam changed the reel to super generic got a bunch of complaints and they changed it to what it is now.

They said multiple times in the past that the reel is just cosmetic. It doesn't affect which champ you get. Which champ you get is decided when you open the crystal, wether you spin it or pop it.

They could show you batman and the flash from DC in the reel but the outcome would still be the same.
    That’s how it is now. It has not always been that way. It use to show a pattern in the spin before the new champ would drop. That’s how I would pull all the new 4 star champs back in the day. There was the reason kabam conveniently changed it beginning of the next year to a super generic spin reel they got so much push back they changed it to what it is now super random.
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 228 ★★★
    I mean....

• Jkw634 said:

Jkw634 said:

They said multiple times in the past that the reel is just cosmetic. It doesn't affect which champ you get. Which champ you get is decided when you open the crystal, wether you spin it or pop it.

They could show you batman and the flash from DC in the reel but the outcome would still be the same.
    That’s how it is now. It has not always been that way. It use to show a pattern in the spin before the new champ would drop. That’s how I would pull all the new 4 star champs back in the day. There was the reason kabam conveniently changed it beginning of the next year to a super generic spin reel they got so much push back they changed it to what it is now super random.
    Can you show where that was an actual thing and something they changed? Because to my knowledge that never was a thing.
  • FlipBoyFlipBoy Posts: 72
    Well my luck was very crappy I guess. Maybe it's some higher power trying to tell me to step away from the game for a while.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    FlipBoy said:

Well my luck was very crappy I guess. Maybe it's some higher power trying to tell me to step away from the game for a while.

It's not. It's just simply how the game works. You have like 99 more days to collect shards and open more crystals. It's not like this is the last one you'll open, nor is it the end of the world.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Rigged? We saw whales opening 60 at once getting everything their heart desires!
    You mean all those posts after the crystal had been available for 5 minutes were staged?? Who'da thunk?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

Rigged? We saw whales opening 60 at once getting everything their heart desires!
    You mean all those posts after the crystal had been available for 5 minutes were staged?? Who'da thunk?

If I was opening 60 crystals, I'm pretty sure I'd get a pretty solid variety of champions, regardless of whether it was featured or not.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

What's a reasonable number of Crystals to open to assert one particular Champ is not in them?

If you're targeting one particular champ specifically, and declared before you start opening crystals then if you want to assert a champ is not in the crystal you would need to open at least a hundred of them before your assertion carried any weight at all. At that point, the odds of failing to acquire one specific champ out of twenty four would be about 1.4%, or about one in 70. Even that is just the hint of a potential issue. I would not believe that assertion was statistically significant until someone opened about 270 crystals, at which point the odds of that happening are about one in a hundred thousand.

It is important to state this number is only valid if someone declares first that they are looking for one specific champ, then opens that many crystals and fails to find it. If they collate these numbers from other players who themselves are not looking for that champ, this would no longer be valid as this would suffer from selection bias (in other words, anyone can *find* 270 crystal openings that happen to not contain one particular champ).
    Thank you.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Some people just can't wrap their head around the fact that some people are lucky and they were not.

That’s honestly a thing in human psychology. We want to believe that there’s a reason or purpose for our suffering, that someone or something is at fault. It must be Kabam Michael’s Rig Ray™️ that’s messing with me and my luck, and not that I’m a speck of dust in a cold, uncaring universe!
  • Rap said:

No
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

Getting bad champs feels bad and getting good champs feels good … the good feeling is what keeps you coming back for more. There’s a word for that, but I won’t say it out loud. 😬

One thing I can say is that it seems like there are a lot less bad champs than there used to be … after a very long break from the game. I duped my War Machine from the last featured and was irate until I watched some videos and was like, oh, ok … keep those champ overhauls and tune-ups coming, please.

I am not a tin-foil hat wearing dude. I understand RNG and realize anecdotal examples are useless, but I saw some BRUTAL pulls yesterday. An alliance mate said he got 4 Spideys, 3 Sinisters and 2 OG Daredevils. He popped them all at once and said it took forever to get the results. Are server hiccups possible? I mean, there were issues yesterday. Not trying to fan the flames … sincerely curious.

Anyway, I see these threads all the time and one thing I can say that might help would be for Kabam to actually have some transparency … publish percentages for each champ in-game, so it’s in writing. Other games do that. Maybe even share a little spreadsheet with the community that has how many featured crystals were opened with the last round and then show a breakdown of how many champs were distributed across the community.

I don’t run a game company, so I’m not hip as to why there’s such secrecy with info like that when it comes to this particular game, but c’est la vie, I guess.

it wouldn't matter if they published drop rates for each champ (it's equal unless stated otherwise) as we have that already with several variations of crystals and people still say the drop rates are fake. They could publish the code or drop table they use and people still wouldn't believe it.

It's equivalent to flat-earther's who are constantly proven wrong but continue to believe somehow the earth is flat. There isn't anything that will convince people once they've "seen enough" to have their confirmation bias set in stone.