Kabam, what’s wrong with your battlegrounds matchmaking?

TofifiTofifi Member Posts: 26
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
I have 6 rank 4 champs. I deal players with 10+ rank 4 champs. It doesn’t look like a normal system. It’s quite disappointing to do such matches. This way you can’t move anywhere.
cdn.net/6029252/uploads/editor/9a/7l16p9q8m1yr.jpeg" alt="" />

Comments

• TofifiTofifi Member Posts: 26

• GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Tofifi said:

I have 6 rank 4 champs. I deal players with 10+ rank 4 champs. It doesn’t look like a normal system. It’s quite disappointing to do such matches. This way you can’t move anywhere.

Complaints like these are the root of the Battlegrounds matchmaking problem.
    Why you want matches with the exact similar deck?
    What’s the point of even ranking up champs if you would always face same strength decks?
    As long as you are at the same tier (VT) or same rating (GC), matches should be totally random.
    You should be able to match anyone that competes for these rewards.
    Instead of asking for more EVEN matchmaking, you should ask for a more FAIR matchmaking, which is random.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    Here we go again. War 2.0. People need to let others express their grievances without telling them they don't matter.

Here we go again. War 2.0. People need to let others express their grievances without telling them they don't matter.

Or maybe people should stop expecting to not have to face stronger rosters while competing for the EXACT same rewards as everyone else.

Expecting an easy route to top BG rewards and expecting easy path to same or better rewards than much stronger rosters is nothing short of extremely entitled.
    First of all the OP is in Silver 1, so that excuse is out the door. Secondly, the Profile Pic suggests they're not new to BGs. Thirdly, their Account isn't some new Account wanting inappropriate Rewards, as you imply. Is it that hard to accept someone else's opinion doesn't fit your agenda?
    No, if people don't agree, then they must be silenced.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    Tofifi said:

You're going to face competition. The difference between a R3 and R4 isn't that much. You're never going to get a match that has exactly what you have in your roster. That's the whole point of this game mode.

If you don't want to be challenged, then don't play it. If you want the rewards those same people are going for, you'll have to compete against them.
    DNA3000 said:

No, if people don't agree, then they must be silenced.

No one here is being silenced or asked not to post. However, no one is immune from criticism. Anyone can post anything within the rules, but everyone else can tell them they are wrong if they choose.

This is not a kindergarten sandbox nor is this a support group. This is a discussion forum, and if you can't be told you're wrong, you should seek a support group instead of a discussion forum.
    I think you'll find it's the same dog piles on the same subjects on here.
  • Dangerx17Dangerx17 Member Posts: 123 ★★
    Tofifi said:

I made a post about this same thing and everyone was complaining and disagreeing with me clearly it doesn't make sense in the VT to be coming across accounts with several 6* r4 champs fighting a thronebreaker with only 2 r4 6*

edited February 2023
    I'm talking about the responses on the Forum. Someone posts an outlandish difference like 10M vs. 70M, and it's jumped on and dismissed as "Nothing to see here.", even though we all know that's not a fair match, regardless of War Rating. That's why people are posting. That's my concern. You end up with the highest Accounts camping out at the early stages of the competition, just for easy pickings and it comes at the detriment of lower Accounts.
    Regardless of that, my point is the same issues are brushed off on here. People are sharing their concerns.
  • Dangerx17Dangerx17 Member Posts: 123 ★★

Dangerx17 said:

Tofifi said:

I made a post about this same thing and everyone was complaining and disagreeing with me clearly it doesn't make sense in the VT to be coming across accounts with several 6* r4 champs fighting a thronebreaker with only 2 r4 6*

But you think you should be able to advance past those stronger rosters without having to face them?
    Not at all, but I don't think I should be facing them so soon in the VT. I was seeing stacked accounts since silver and now I'm plat 2 it's not like I've been facing weaker opponents since silver 1 all the way to plat 2 I've been facing crazy ass paragon's super early, I don't think that makes sense
    That's BGs. That's how it goes. You win or lose based on the draft.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Member Posts: 811 ★★★★
    The margin for error is very small at the top. One missed parry or intercept and you lost the round. That doesn't happen at the lower levels because not everyone is equally skilled.
    You think that can't happen at lower levels? The scoring is the same either way. That's the real measure of skill here. It's the same for everyone. Sorry if that offends some people, but it's the same measuring stick.
    Is it entirely the same? Obviously not. Fights are tighter, sure. It's still the same objectives. Same Global Nodes, same Points system.
  • Nichoas_1Nichoas_1 Member Posts: 144 ★★
    Victory track is not gladiators circuit. When we speak about facing bigger accounts just trying to move up the ladder it’s pretty crappy. Put the similar accounts facing each other til skill proves too low or too high then adjust the matchmaking in the same system accordingly. The current system fails to do anything like that and sometimes makes this game mode feel like pulling teeth. I keep getting nothing but legends personally and I’ve beaten a ton of legends but all of a sudden can’t win a single match to save my life. I’ve never had this much trouble in bgs in these lower victory tracks and yet I’m having it this season. Friggin silver feels like gladiator circuit. I think the original poster is well within his rights to think this match making system sucks
  • Banhammer_steBanhammer_ste Member Posts: 62
    I'd love to know how things are for lower level players in lower brackets. I'm beginning to think bg is probably almost unplayable for half the player base.

If you're in the lower half of your bracket you can't string together wins and progress anywhere.

They probably don't complain because they just think they need to improve their roster or skills a bit
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I think that BG should be a skill themed mode, so you should match balanced fights where you and your opponent have similar level (talking about the champs themselves).

Then the one that played better would win.

And it not fair to match almost full R4 players when you have 3 or 4, because if you both have similar skills, then the one with more jacked roster will win, or even if they play a little worse, they would win still, theres still a decent difference between each rank between R1 and R4, thats why we rank up champs, if not why waste resources on ranking champions when that rank up will not make any difference?

Its senseless to talk about the rewards, if you are more skilled, you win more rewards, and thats it.

People think that players with a lot of R4s have more skill than players with only a few, thats the main problem here.

You having more champs fully ranked up doesnt mean you are better, it means you spend more or you play waaaaay more, that doesnt mean you are more skilled necessarily.

At least in VT, GC should be different, but in VT matchmaking should mainly look for players with similar rosters, so skill will be the main difference between them.

In GC there should be tiers like in Incursions, and depending on which bracket you are, each fight will give you different amount of points, the higher the bracket the more points you get.

Something like:

Non R3 6*: 5 points per win, -5 per lose.
    Between 1 and 5 R3 6*: 10 points per win, - 10 points per lose.
    Between 1 and 3 R4 6*: 15 points per win, -15 points per lose.
    More than 3 R4* 6*: +20 points per win, -20 points per lose

In this case, every 3 R4 that the enemy has more than you, will make a difference of 1 point; Ill explain this.

If you have 3 R4 and the enemy has 9 R4, you will lose 18 points instead of 20.

This way the players that are behind in roster wont have this matchmaking issues because dont lose as much when they get vs stronger roster.

And this wont affect the ones with stronger rosters because they will have "easier" fights since they have a more jacked roster.

I think its the most fair way
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Man I must say it’s wild that all these thronebreaker with 1-2 r4s are only just now fighting 14k+ prestige players in victory track…
    I also have 2 r4s and I’ve been facing the stacked 14k+ opponents in 70% of matches for the previous 2 seasons.
    Halpy said:

Jefechuta said:

I think that BG should be a skill themed mode, so you should match balanced fights where you and your opponent have similar level (talking about the champs themselves).

Then the one that played better would win.

And it not fair to match almost full R4 players when you have 3 or 4, because if you both have similar skills, then the one with more jacked roster will win, or even if they play a little worse, they would win still, theres still a decent difference between each rank between R1 and R4, thats why we rank up champs, if not why waste resources on ranking champions when that rank up will not make any difference?

Its senseless to talk about the rewards, if you are more skilled, you win more rewards, and thats it.

People think that players with a lot of R4s have more skill than players with only a few, thats the main problem here.

You having more champs fully ranked up doesnt mean you are better, it means you spend more or you play waaaaay more, that doesnt mean you are more skilled necessarily.

At least in VT, GC should be different, but in VT matchmaking should mainly look for players with similar rosters, so skill will be the main difference between them.

In GC there should be tiers like in Incursions, and depending on which bracket you are, each fight will give you different amount of points, the higher the bracket the more points you get.

Something like:

Non R3 6*: 5 points per win, -5 per lose.
    Between 1 and 5 R3 6*: 10 points per win, - 10 points per lose.
    Between 1 and 3 R4 6*: 15 points per win, -15 points per lose.
    More than 3 R4* 6*: +20 points per win, -20 points per lose

In this case, every 3 R4 that the enemy has more than you, will make a difference of 1 point; Ill explain this.

If you have 3 R4 and the enemy has 9 R4, you will lose 18 points instead of 20.

This way the players that are behind in roster wont have this matchmaking issues because dont lose as much when they get vs stronger roster.

And this wont affect the ones with stronger rosters because they will have "easier" fights since they have a more jacked roster.

I think its the most fair way

Good suggestion, but every 3 rank4 more reduces the points lost by 1 is just too little. Having 6 more rank4s than your opponent gives you a much bigger advantage which can't be neutered with losing 2 less points out of 20 in the case of a loss
    Giving more than 1 is too much difference and that would give advantage to recent Paragons, because they would get the same points and lose lot less points.

1 every 3 would make you lose only 11 points instead of 20 if you play vs a player with full R4, a thinks that quite enough
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

Or maybe people should stop expecting to not have to face stronger rosters while competing for the EXACT same rewards as everyone else.

Expecting an easy route to top BG rewards and expecting easy path to same or better rewards than much stronger rosters is nothing short of extremely entitled.
    That isn't what's happening though .... show me a paragon player who has matched a cav player in VC THIS season .... it seems we're matched on prestige now so the lower accounts don't ever face the higher accounts in VC ... GC is different though.

Each of my matches this season have been +/- 2k of my prestige whereas last season I did face genuine cav players 🤷‍♂️
    Mackey said:

That isn't what's happening though .... show me a paragon player who has matched a cav player in VC THIS season .... it seems we're matched on prestige now so the lower accounts don't ever face the higher accounts in VC ... GC is different though.

Each of my matches this season have been +/- 2k of my prestige whereas last season I did face genuine cav players 🤷‍♂️
    The problem is that a player with 30 R4 and a player with 5 R4 has the same prestige, and depending on the champions the one with 5 could even have more prestige.

The easiest way to fix all this is to have a different prestige for BGs, so its calculated with your top 30 champs instead of the top 5.

That way the matchmaking would be fair