**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabaam "We're working on it"

2»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Rather than be reliant upon the player base to accurately point out bugs, they could employ a team of people who's sole job is to play the game as in depth as the top player base does and thoroughly test each and every build/update/new mode etc etc prior to being released. At this moment in time it very much appears that Kabam are Reactive and not Proactive. Bugs will always be there, there is no denying that but they could make changes to reduce the amount of bugs that slip through the cracks

Again, it's not about having a team run rigorous play throughs before an update. That will likely do very little to find anything of substance. As said in the announcement, most of what people are reporting are strictly related to that person reporting it. A team can't account for the wide variety of devices the game is played on, they can't replicate the users playing environment (connection, location, etc..) or replicate how that user plays the actual game. We don't all tap our fingers the same way and there are many different ways people control their champions. How I hold my phone and where my thumbs are positioned, might be different than yours.

I'm all for them creating a testing team but it's not going to yield the results you think it will.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 506 ★★★

This stuff isn't easy.

It ain’t easy because Kabam makes you think so.

Input bugs have been going for more than a year and lately it becomes worse than before. Did they actually tried something? Makes me wonder.
    So how does Kabam fix it @MiikeyMouse ?
    Ah here comes the shiny white knight.

If you have been incompetent with your work for more than year, do you really think your employer will keep you around? Not likely, unless there is a nepotism in your workplace.
    Incompetent? For 8+ years, it's been the strongest Marvel titles out there. It's still one of Netmarbles top games in their catalog including Future Fight and Future Revolution which Netmarble developed.

Again, I'm sure you're a genius and have all the answers but incompetence is measured differently when it comes to sophisticated input issues that you experience but I don't or ones that I experience but someone else doesn't.

Go on, apply to work there and show em how easy it is. Hasn't anyone ever told you not to throw stones in glass houses?
    A simple question of yes or no also you can’t answer, but instead trying to overcomplicated things.

I’ve been sending my resume to Kabam but they rejected it cause they said they already have enough men to deal with the bugs.

Satisfied? LOL
    Yeah, that's a totally real story.
    And then everyone stood up and clapped!!
  • o_oo_o Posts: 833 ★★★★

Woodsjr said:

Today's announcement was good but if broken down essentially says what they've been saying. " We're working on it".

I think, in my opinion, there has been a general loss of faith in the company's words that they're committed to fixing the bugs in game and looking at actual changes. Actions speak louder than words. Kabaams actions in regards to this game have spoken volumes. Yes, others will still spend on the game. But with that will come continuous bugs, continued cheating, and continued empty promises in the form of long posts by the company.

But at least you're working on it. So you say.

There also isn't any game that is 100% immune to cheaters either.
    You’re wrong.
    Which game?

• o_oo_o Posts: 833 ★★★★

• Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Since when they have been working on it??? lol

Also whatever happened to the "Wish Crystals" and what about Mastery 2.0???
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023

Mackey said:

Rather than be reliant upon the player base to accurately point out bugs, they could employ a team of people who's sole job is to play the game as in depth as the top player base does and thoroughly test each and every build/update/new mode etc etc prior to being released. At this moment in time it very much appears that Kabam are Reactive and not Proactive. Bugs will always be there, there is no denying that but they could make changes to reduce the amount of bugs that slip through the cracks

Again, it's not about having a team run rigorous play throughs before an update. That will likely do very little to find anything of substance. As said in the announcement, most of what people are reporting are strictly related to that person reporting it. A team can't account for the wide variety of devices the game is played on, they can't replicate the users playing environment (connection, location, etc..) or replicate how that user plays the actual game. We don't all tap our fingers the same way and there are many different ways people control their champions. How I hold my phone and where my thumbs are positioned, might be different than yours.

I'm all for them creating a testing team but it's not going to yield the results you think it will.
    I'm not saying that it will stop bugs, I'm saying that, it will make them more proactive with regards to bugs. The devices side of things can be mirrored, have numerous devices for them to play on. Connection location I agree though that can't really be mirrored. The idea of what I said was more that they're constantly playing the game themselves, like we do, so in turn that will greatly increase their chances of finding bugs before they become rampant. Also bugs are not tailored to players, they can't be that naive that they think 1 bug is affecting only 1 person and that the next person is experiencing a different bug, the forums are filled with players who are experiencing the same bug. Granted its not everyone but its not just 1 person either.

To put simply. Having more people employed to detect the bugs is more likely to yield results. Having no team there (for arguments sake) means they've got no chance at finding it themselves. It's not guaranteed but I don't believe I said it was, it will just help to be less Reactive. It also doesn't require new "tech" that they clearly don't have yet
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    They are working on “it”… just not in the way you expect and not on “that”. But that is because what most people say is “it” is actually “that” and they have not been able to define what “it” actual is because most people are pointing at “that”.

:smiley:
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★

They are working on “it”… just not in the way you expect and not on “that”. But that is because what most people say is “it” is actually “that” and they have not been able to define what “it” actual is because most people are pointing at “that”.

:smiley:

That is beside the point if it don't work

😉
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Players: We demand transparency about BG issues!

(Kabam posts detailed explanation)

Players: Boo hoo! We don’t like your answer. You suck!

Who could have guessed that would happen?

And people wonder why Kabam doesn’t reply to every question here.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,541 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Please explain what transparency was offered behind the curtain of “we are working on it with all the talking points we’ve said before”. Since you seem to have such a great pulse on this issue.
    In the post they provided detailed reports they received, then detailed accounts of how they investigated, then detailed explanations of what the code was doing, then the ways they adjusted code, then the results of their investigations. And they provided multiple examples in which the problems were similar but caused by vastly different things. Maybe you didn't see that post, or maybe you didn't understand everything they said. But it was probably the most transparent thing kabam has provided ever, closely followed by the long post about battlegrounds.
    This is in response to the BGs post only, sorry for being salty but maybe you didn’t get that or understand
  • legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★

They wrote a whole bunch of words that basically re-stated what we've been telling them for 6 seasons now and that they plan on maybe implementing a form of that in 3+ seasons, maybe. They also said that they're going to continue to 'tweak' the matchmaking like they've been doing for 6 seasons now, which is to say they'll do nothing to make it better.

Lots of words, no substance.
    Yea I felt the same way, a strongly worded response, but no substance, especially since these are not NEW issues were seeing
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,541 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

Please explain what transparency was offered behind the curtain of “we are working on it with all the talking points we’ve said before”. Since you seem to have such a great pulse on this issue.
    In the post they provided detailed reports they received, then detailed accounts of how they investigated, then detailed explanations of what the code was doing, then the ways they adjusted code, then the results of their investigations. And they provided multiple examples in which the problems were similar but caused by vastly different things. Maybe you didn't see that post, or maybe you didn't understand everything they said. But it was probably the most transparent thing kabam has provided ever, closely followed by the long post about battlegrounds.
    This is in response to the BGs post only, sorry for being salty but maybe you didn’t get that or understand
    Oh I gotcha now. You didn't like the bg post though? I like knowing that bg will be totally different in a few months, so doing it now doesn't even matter much. Like there's no stress to master this system because it's in transition.
    No, because most of the issues have been player feedback since the beta. It wasn’t corrected from the beta to the live model, so it’s hard for me to give them an attaboy for acknowledging some of these things at this point in time, with no mention of short term solutions.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Mackey said:

To be fair it doesn’t matter how many people they employ, the player base will always root out more bugs than they ever could simply because of the volume. Even if they employed 100 people and paid them to play 8 hours/day that play time is dwarfed by the amount of play time that done on the live servers.

I’m not saying that it should be left to us to find the bugs but the bugs that aren’t obviously repeatable are most likely going to come from us rather than them.

I do however, think that they should put a lot more effort into play testing their content and running it through with testers of different abilities/rosters to catch the clearly bad combos like V8 Venompool was on release.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 344 ★★★
    Hilarious my comment was removed...when I tried to say something against the person derailing this discussion. This confirms all the assumptions.