Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Removal of Revive Farming and the Apothecary Discussion

Comments

• Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

Everest Content is supposed to be challenging.

Who needs a challenge? People that already did everything else so every new content is too easy for them and boring.

Thats why they created Carina Challenges.

Are those for people that need the last R4 to get Paragon or for every Paragon Player to be done like the rest of the game? No, those are for the people that has nothing else to do beside monthly Events, this is a challenge for them, so they can prove they are Gods between players etc etc etc.

Thats why they have titles and profile pics as rewards, its a way to show everybody how good you are, if you are just an average Paragon, hasnt even explored act 6, act 8 explored and maybe act 7, Back Issues maybe unexplored, you dont hard AQ maps, you dont do arenas to get featured 6*, you just do monthly events just to have fun, you are not the Everest Content target yet.

And how do you know all that?
    Because thats what Kabam states every time they throw Everest Content, they said it clearly per example on Carinas Challenges, same with Gauntlet, those are challenging so the people thats gets bored is able to look for an acomplishment that really requires all their resources, skills and roster
  • Options
    Cano29848Cano29848 Posts: 99
    Just put the revives in a percentage based manner. If alliance wars have this why we can't have it in other game modes. Cause really 350 health or 1250 on a 40k health is a joke. 1 missed input and you have to use another revive
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 763 ★★★
    hi guys , anyone here already have an issue about rev farming ? Pretty sure kabam said April 1st is the end of it , so i am grinding some of it , and after the maintainance , it has been 4 times in a row that i got nothing from 3.2.6
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    I think there is one huge factor that everyone is missing. @Nocko hit half the nail on the head when he called this a cash grab as in my opinion that is what it is. But the other half and there are a few people neglect, including the beacon of light @DNA3000 who appears to be one of the few protagonist to kabams changes and one or 2 others.games like this depend on huge numbers the reality is, Australians are charged 30% more in real terms. This is not kabams fault but hosting platforms like Apple and Google. Even if free to play changes are enacted, this will crush the gaming population like black phage did. That will mean no diversity in war, if you believe it's hard to find replacements now it will be much worse next month. People, don't want to play if they cannot be competitive. @kabam has still not mented what there forecast ( either dollars or revives) is for completing difficult content, this is important!
    I wrote a similar post 12 months ago or around that time where changes to war and alliance quest actually resulted in us elevating 400 places, to the top 700, since then we are now a 100 places higher they made the content so difficult were we ran map 6 epic, now map6 with basic mods and are higher. Every month since thronebreaker people have been complaining it's too hard. Now all of this will be payable free players won't be competitive and eventually leave. War, by far the most exciting part of the game has gone to a pay to heal model, that 1million glory is running out fast.
    Final question for @Kabam Miike is those that have completed carinas using the farm model, what sort of compensation not rewards, maybe allowances will those who have not completed it get to allow for this new model?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,269 ★★★★★
    People only pay for impatience.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

True if you’re not playing the game competitively.

False pretty much everywhere else.

Dr. Zola
    Yes. Playing the game competitively mandates you MUST do it immediately, rather than wait until you stockpile some Revs and Units. Seems like a falsehood to me.
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,171 ★★★★★
    I've ran 3.2.6 9 times today after the maintenance and haven't gotten a single revive. This has NEVER happened, and I was hoping this was just some bad luck on my part but the timing of it being RIGHT after maintenance is a little... SUS....
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    happy i did my last carina challenge yesterday morning lol
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

You speak for all people?
    When you're talking about spending like crazy on Revs for permanent content, then people pay for impatience.
  • Options
    Thought that was implied.
  • Options
    BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★
    You guys are either full of it or just have the worst luck. There has been no change
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,230 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023

I just picked up a revive and energy two times in a row and this upon completion so no change for me.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,752 ★★★★★

I just picked up a revive and energy two times in a row and this upon completion so no change for me.

The change is effective in April. It is not live yet.
  • Options

This take is insanely shallow. If the rewards for completing something were 1 to 1 in value with the rewards for completing it 3+ months later, sure. But as the game economy is constantly evolving, waiting a few to several months to complete/explore a piece of content will end up rendering the rewards not worth the time/effort/resources put in. Not to mention, while you're farming resources for said content, a lot of other content will pass you by that you cannot risk wasting resources on.

All in all, this will result in people saving units to purchase special offers which are oftentimes more valuable and cheaper in the long term than wasting their resources and time for outdated in-game rewards.
    That's a choice. People can save their Units for Offers, or they can invest them in the Rewards that come from permanent content. That's not shallow. It's the reality.
    ALL spending does is save time. Whether exclusive Offers, or doing content, all it does is fast-forward time for progress. Perhaps it becomes trivial when purchasing things that are only available for money, but overall it just speeds things up.
    If someone is working moderately at Grinding Units, which simply involves doing some Milestones in each Arena, they can easily do 800-1000 Units a week. This isn't theory. I can do it myself.
    Add the Units accumulated to the Revs we get on a regular basis, one from the Apothecary (which didn't even exist for those of us who weren't farming), and the Revs from Solos, and it's not that insurmountable.
    It takes patience. Quite frankly, people don't want to wait. They want the Rewards now.
This discussion has been closed.