Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

"We recognize that there is getting to be too much for a casual summoner to complete in a month"

How can you follow up this statement with 2 of the most complicated side quests we've seen in some time? The side quest is supposed to be just that, on the side, auxiliary. It's becoming the main focus of rewards and effort each month. I think I speak for alot of us here, based on what I'm seeing in the forums, when I say we do not enjoy laborious side events.

Comments

• Options
    VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 ★★
    TyEdge said:

How is this side quest complicated exactly? Outside of the vault code, which you can easily just google if you don't want to put in effort, it's a simple wait for keys each day and each path once side quest.

Last side quest was just incursions, there's nothing complicated about that. If your argument is you don't like incursions then sure, but that doesn't make them complicated. Couple that with there being no actual incursions last month, it was actually on the lower end of content heavy.

It wasn’t just incursions. It was 12 fights with specific classes in a specific order followed by 6 without a class advantage every week plus 108 total split into two groups of 54 using champions that fit specific tags.

If you didn’t follow all of that, you missed out on almost all the r4 mats.
    Okay sorry, it was incursions without forcing you to use one of 5-6 champs that everyone always uses in incursions. I did follow the objectives for zone 5, it took like the first 20 minutes of my weekly zone 5 run and 3 out of the 4 objectives were with champs I had in my final team (herc and idoom) anyway. In my opinion it was a far cry from "most complicated SQ we've seen in some time" but to each their own, I can see where it'd be annoying to those with less developed rosters. But again, I don't equate annoying with complicated in this context.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,704 Guardian

TyEdge said:

How is this side quest complicated exactly? Outside of the vault code, which you can easily just google if you don't want to put in effort, it's a simple wait for keys each day and each path once side quest.

Last side quest was just incursions, there's nothing complicated about that. If your argument is you don't like incursions then sure, but that doesn't make them complicated. Couple that with there being no actual incursions last month, it was actually on the lower end of content heavy.

It wasn’t just incursions. It was 12 fights with specific classes in a specific order followed by 6 without a class advantage every week plus 108 total split into two groups of 54 using champions that fit specific tags.

Okay sorry, it was incursions without forcing you to use one of 5-6 champs that everyone always uses in incursions. I did follow the objectives for zone 5, it took like the first 20 minutes of my weekly zone 5 run and 3 out of the 4 objectives were with champs I had in my final team (herc and idoom) anyway. In my opinion it was a far cry from "most complicated SQ we've seen in some time" but to each their own, I can see where it'd be annoying to those with less developed rosters. But again, I don't equate annoying with complicated in this context.
    While there seems to be some ambiguity to the mechanics of the side quest, I wouldn't characterize it as most complicated anything. In particular, because unlike many side quests of the past, there aren't many "wrong" decisions a player can make. In many side quests, the player is presented with choices, some of which can prevent them from getting optimal rewards. While the structure of this month's side quest has more detail, the only thing you have to actually know is that you will only get enough keys to basic explore two difficulty tiers. Aside from that, you can just run the maps as the calendar drops keys, and you can't make a "wrong" decision. You have to do stuff, but you don't have complex choices to make.

Any side quest in which a player that knows nothing and can just plow into it and still likely get the optimal rewards for the quest (presuming they can complete the fights) is not very complex in my opinion. Side quests where you have to figure out what to do at all have higher complexity in my opinion, not the least because in some cases you have to make a proper decision on day one. In this quest, any player who has no idea what's going on loses nothing if they just sit it out for a couple days until someone else explains it to them.

So:

- You don't have to do anything on day one if you're confused
    - You can do the logical thing and just run the highest difficulty in your wheelhouse blindly, at least for a long while
    - The extra details only matter to unlocking downstream options, none of which can be done "wrong" by the player

That's a side quest that has details, but is not burdensomely complex. It is the difference between hiking a tricky path, and navigating a complex maze.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Question about side quest:
    Do rewards on each path are one time obtainable, or we can repeat a path and obtain the rewards again (something like a store side quest)?
    Anyone knows?
  • Options
    Mik81Mik81 Posts: 80
    Greekhit said:

Do rewards on each path are one time obtainable, or we can repeat a path and obtain the rewards again (something like a store side quest)?
    Anyone knows?

Once you pick it up a chest it is gone on your next run.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,704 Guardian
    Greekhit said:

Anyone knows?

I believe the *intent* is for each path to be claimable once. Whether that's actually how it is working, I've heard mixed reports.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,114 ★★★★★

It's time Kabam gets rid of content. Just give us the rewards. We all play this game to rank champions, not to use them anywhere.

Are you caple of having a position that doesn't require you to gaslight the other side? Honestly curious
    To be fair, would you really want him to have a different position? If demonzfyre didn’t come in guns a’ blazing I’d be totally bamboozled. Wouldn’t even know what to do with the rest of my day.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,163 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

So dont do it if its too complex for you. I didnt do it because im lazy 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    VeryViciousVeryVicious Posts: 30
    Incursions was a grind fiesta. This month is definitely more chill, but was confusing at the onset. But the community comes through to help out.