Infamous Iron Man hype??

Comments

• Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Member Posts: 168
    Idoom is GREAT. Feel free to take him into a Mangog or Sersi match. No unblockable specials AT ALL. Ur just not playing to his strengths and complaining about his weaknesses. Every champ has weaknesses. Ur not bringing doom into Mr Fantastic fights... or Omega Sentinel into fight Hulkling.
  • MinsudoMinsudo Member Posts: 37

Pikolu said:

I personally think he is fine where he is at. Mine has been r4 for a long time and he shreds in BGs, AW, Story content, and Incursions. His survivability is nuts especially at sig 200. His damage is also very good, if you play him right you're dropping 80-100k sp2s and you only have to bait out 1 special from the opponent afterwards in his short rotation. Having control over the fight is something very nice to have.

Just don't bring him against those that nullify and armor break and you're fine. Even shock immune can be gotten around by just bringing peni who is also a great champion to have.

Something to note is he does benefit a lot from being r4 due to the increased power rate, makes it easier to get to the sp2 (or sp3 for longer fights)

Mine is already at r4 and it still can't justify it's usage when R2 Omega sentinel can perform better overall.

Is it as defender or attacker when you mean it slays?

Do we really have the luxury to carry to tech in alliance war and AQ.

I seriously don't get you guys either you don't main him like me else I am sure you could agree.

Cause it feels like kabam was trying to make a record on how many ways a champion can be countered?

I mean he is useless not only against most cosmic, but also against so many mystic. Give the guy a standing chance in normal match up atleast. I mean doom with his armour is real tank cause he is immune to armour break. Him being tank is just for show.

He doesn't even has a fighting chance against his counterpart doctor doom.
    I honestly think that because you "main him" you're wanting too much out of one champion. I agree nullify immunity or something along those lines would be good to have, could easily be tied into his lore with his mystic knowledge. But I think your whole "it feels like kabam was trying to make a record on how many ways a champion can be countered" is a stretch. Many champions are countered in many ways. Go take diablo or ibom into a poison immune matchup, or nimrod into a shock immune matchup. At least iDoom has a synergy that can bypass shock immune matchups. Many champs don't have that.

Champions should have counters, else they become broken. It's really that simple. I don't feel like iDoom is countered much more than a lot of champs, I think you just want to be able to take him into a lot more fights than you should be. It's a game with like 240 champions, you're supposed to mix it up.
    Atleast Ibom still has his basic attacks and good SP2 damage, similarly Idoom could have only shock immune weakness, couldn't he not?

I don't think comparison is viable, as Ibom is at disadvantage. Ibom poison is insane, tough to survive without poison immune unless any ability accuracy reduction or champions with lot of purify. Still very limited counters which you can still fight out. Idoom cannot in shock immune case, his basic damage sucks without shock.
    I was just making a hypothetical comparison, obviously it's not the exact same case. But the point is there are too many situations to count of champs that are just bad at certain match ups.

As I said, in my opinion iDoom does not have as many counters as I feel like you're making him out to. Armor break, nullify, shock immune, (counterable with a synergy) and power drain immune (which is not very prevalent in the game). There are way more good/playable matchups than bad for iDoom within the game. I simply think this is a case of you main him so you are biased towards thinking he needs to be better than he is. As someone pointed out, he's well within the top 10 of tech, and for a few key matchups in this game he is by far the best. He really doesn't need a buff.
    Bro it's really hard to carry synergy in AQ and AR, Futher not all of us have the luxury of having multiple champs to replace or have the synergy champs or have them leveled up at same level. You can say Idoom can only be a side-situational character not your main attacker in tech, worthy of being top champ.
    It's not hard at all to bring a synergy member in AQ or AW, just depends on your matchups. I bring Antivenom into AW almost every single time I bring Spidey99, have yet to actually use Antivenom in an AW fight.

Again, sounds like you aren't doing things the optimal way. Whether or not it's because you have the champs to do things optimally is irrelevant. Kabam can't balance a champ around "well you may not have these other champs" otherwise what would ever be the point in synergies? What would be the point in having more than a single champ if that was their balance philosophy?

I have no idea what your last sentence is supposed to mean. I have an R4 sig 200 iDoom that I use all the time, he's flat out just fun to use.

You're upset that a champ that you've decided to main isn't quite as good as you wish he was. That's completely understandable, but it is not a reason to buff a champ the majority of the community considers a higher end of his class champ.
    Really liked reading this, who do you usually use R4 Idoom against? I tend to take Nimrod and Idoom together and Nimrod clears all the mutants for me so which champs do you like to take down with Idoom? I usually fight Bishop with him but other than that I haven't had to use him that much.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    He's ****, gives nothing except for Bishop (that i kill with human Torch) nd nothing, so many nodes that make him sissy, so many championships that can walk over him , meme tier nd nothing, i regret to take him to r3. could be used in rol only except for Wolverine, see still useless
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Member Posts: 318 ★★★
    I agree he's not as good as he should be or as good as Doom but he's damn good as is. He can't take shock immune obviously and needs his armor up but outside of that he's good to go. Equip a relic and go to full power, heavy into sp3 and as long as the opponent isn't at 3 bars from the sp3 you're good to go. After the sp3 go full 5 hit into striker and full 5 hit into sp1 and go to work to sp2.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    I think he’s a great champ, he’s actually not that risky if you’re smart about it. Bait out a sp attack before going SP3 then SP1 and then they can’t throw sp attacks. Sure he’s not as good as Doctor Doom but there only a few champions on Dooms lvl. He has his own utility and uses and he does those well.
  • DarknessFallsDarknessFalls Member Posts: 162 ★★

The number of champs that can be a path clearing, boss killing main everywhere with ease is 0. Once the health pools and nodes get past a certain point, you're better off bringing the best tool for the job instead of Ol' Trusty.

True but he is worse compared to other champions as most of them aren't countered in this many ways. You have to bring additional firepower just to support Idoom which is insane. He is too clunky. Just good design and attack animations doesn't make. Champ good.

Like even Mantis is getting some tune-up even though she does well against science champ and even others she is not that bad. This guys sucks against so many mystic champs as well apart from cosmic. When his game can be broken with armour break, does he have to have it broken 5-6 ways, in war and quest do many nodes make him unusable, even in incursion l. Buff removal notes. He is suppose to have more armour than original doctor doom, doesn't seem that reliable. What is that cowardice for when this guys is can power burn and power lock, no way to protect him. I don't have to change my main roster that frequently. He seems to be the only exception. Have to carry an additional tech champ if you need to have him in team.
    Minsudo said:

Pikolu said:

I personally think he is fine where he is at. Mine has been r4 for a long time and he shreds in BGs, AW, Story content, and Incursions. His survivability is nuts especially at sig 200. His damage is also very good, if you play him right you're dropping 80-100k sp2s and you only have to bait out 1 special from the opponent afterwards in his short rotation. Having control over the fight is something very nice to have.

Just don't bring him against those that nullify and armor break and you're fine. Even shock immune can be gotten around by just bringing peni who is also a great champion to have.

Something to note is he does benefit a lot from being r4 due to the increased power rate, makes it easier to get to the sp2 (or sp3 for longer fights)

Mine is already at r4 and it still can't justify it's usage when R2 Omega sentinel can perform better overall.

Is it as defender or attacker when you mean it slays?

Do we really have the luxury to carry to tech in alliance war and AQ.

I seriously don't get you guys either you don't main him like me else I am sure you could agree.

Cause it feels like kabam was trying to make a record on how many ways a champion can be countered?

I mean he is useless not only against most cosmic, but also against so many mystic. Give the guy a standing chance in normal match up atleast. I mean doom with his armour is real tank cause he is immune to armour break. Him being tank is just for show.

He doesn't even has a fighting chance against his counterpart doctor doom.
    I honestly think that because you "main him" you're wanting too much out of one champion. I agree nullify immunity or something along those lines would be good to have, could easily be tied into his lore with his mystic knowledge. But I think your whole "it feels like kabam was trying to make a record on how many ways a champion can be countered" is a stretch. Many champions are countered in many ways. Go take diablo or ibom into a poison immune matchup, or nimrod into a shock immune matchup. At least iDoom has a synergy that can bypass shock immune matchups. Many champs don't have that.

Champions should have counters, else they become broken. It's really that simple. I don't feel like iDoom is countered much more than a lot of champs, I think you just want to be able to take him into a lot more fights than you should be. It's a game with like 240 champions, you're supposed to mix it up.
    Atleast Ibom still has his basic attacks and good SP2 damage, similarly Idoom could have only shock immune weakness, couldn't he not?

I don't think comparison is viable, as Ibom is at disadvantage. Ibom poison is insane, tough to survive without poison immune unless any ability accuracy reduction or champions with lot of purify. Still very limited counters which you can still fight out. Idoom cannot in shock immune case, his basic damage sucks without shock.
    I was just making a hypothetical comparison, obviously it's not the exact same case. But the point is there are too many situations to count of champs that are just bad at certain match ups.

As I said, in my opinion iDoom does not have as many counters as I feel like you're making him out to. Armor break, nullify, shock immune, (counterable with a synergy) and power drain immune (which is not very prevalent in the game). There are way more good/playable matchups than bad for iDoom within the game. I simply think this is a case of you main him so you are biased towards thinking he needs to be better than he is. As someone pointed out, he's well within the top 10 of tech, and for a few key matchups in this game he is by far the best. He really doesn't need a buff.
    Bro it's really hard to carry synergy in AQ and AR, Futher not all of us have the luxury of having multiple champs to replace or have the synergy champs or have them leveled up at same level. You can say Idoom can only be a side-situational character not your main attacker in tech, worthy of being top champ.
    It's not hard at all to bring a synergy member in AQ or AW, just depends on your matchups. I bring Antivenom into AW almost every single time I bring Spidey99, have yet to actually use Antivenom in an AW fight.

Again, sounds like you aren't doing things the optimal way. Whether or not it's because you have the champs to do things optimally is irrelevant. Kabam can't balance a champ around "well you may not have these other champs" otherwise what would ever be the point in synergies? What would be the point in having more than a single champ if that was their balance philosophy?

I have no idea what your last sentence is supposed to mean. I have an R4 sig 200 iDoom that I use all the time, he's flat out just fun to use.

You're upset that a champ that you've decided to main isn't quite as good as you wish he was. That's completely understandable, but it is not a reason to buff a champ the majority of the community considers a higher end of his class champ.
    Really liked reading this, who do you usually use R4 Idoom against? I tend to take Nimrod and Idoom together and Nimrod clears all the mutants for me so which champs do you like to take down with Idoom? I usually fight Bishop with him but other than that I haven't had to use him that much.
    Same bro I usually have to carry Omega sentinal with Idoom, he has to be so specific about match ups, even buff removal notes which are so common, no power gain mode, shock immune champs, Omega sentinel carries him most of the time while he only takes special target. I mean same nodes which takes away her buffs doesn't impact her basic attacks. This guy against shock immune champions does like 300-500 damage in basic attacks at r4 lol. Their is just no scope to even get though hard matchups they have him at insane disadvantage making his while kit useless. It frustrates you.

TheSaith said:

He's ****, gives nothing except for Bishop (that i kill with human Torch) nd nothing, so many nodes that make him sissy, so many championships that can walk over him , meme tier nd nothing, i regret to take him to r3. could be used in rol only except for Wolverine, see still useless

Seems to me that you just don't know how to use him properly
    Have you ever had to put him against doctor doom? Or any shock immune champion?

I mean a character as an attacker if though at disadvantage should have something in his kit to power through if tried hard. they made his while kit useless which fine whatever. But that includes basic attack as well. When he hits 300-500 damage against shock immune champions. It is painfull, even if armour break is not there no cleanse or stagger no nodes. What are mean is they just made his disabled in so many ways without even giving him any scope as attacker.

This guys has become the easiest defender to take down, even in Arena I had Idoom opponent with r5 max, easy as cakewalk, shouldn't be that easy I feel. Limited scope as attacker, so vulnerable as defender.
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Honestly I am stuck wondering if Kabam Broccoli had designed him… can you imagine?

TheSaith said:

I mean a character as an attacker if though at disadvantage should have something in his kit to power through if tried hard. they made his while kit useless which fine whatever. But that includes basic attack as well. When he hits 300-500 damage against shock immune champions. It is painfull, even if armour break is not there no cleanse or stagger no nodes. What are mean is they just made his disabled in so many ways without even giving him any scope as attacker.

This guys has become the easiest defender to take down, even in Arena I had Idoom opponent with r5 max, easy as cakewalk, shouldn't be that easy I feel. Limited scope as attacker, so vulnerable as defender.
    Why would I ever bring him to a match up that is unfavorable for him? That's just idiotic. You seem to be repeating the same argument over and over that IDoom is weak against shock immune character. So what if he is? Not every character is supposed to solo every single fight in the game. Furthermore, every champion in this game has a counter. It's up to you to pick your attackers carefully and plan ahead. Also why would a character need a way to power through when they are at a disadvantage? "Ok so CGR gets his buffs nullified against mystics so I want him to be nullify immune against them". That's just poor game balance.
    Please, CGR not having his buffs is still way better than this guy. I have him, main stay in my team. Idoom armour half of the time doesn't work because of buff removal, the whole champion is destroyed compared to what happens to others, the amount of limitations in this guy is insane. I mean we thought he would counter prowess champions, they made limitations there as well, 2 or more prowess buff at a time only he counters, how many champs are that - 2 or 3 maybe ?

Half of the time you bring him for questing and you realise you can't even use him most of the time. So u reliable.

The limitations in this character is too much just cause he looks cool and has good attack animations, doesn't make him good. He is just an alright characters, what's with the stupid hype. If you rank up a champion, it's best reason to do that is prestige? That answers its effectiveness doesn't it.

I mean, the only way to make him work is penny Parker, to make him viable atleast. Cause still after that as well he will suffer from all the other limitations, but atleast he can go for matchups.

That's shows how bad the overall performance is, you have not given me one good reason why he is even worth all the hype?
  • ValrozValroz Member Posts: 211 ★★
    Should I R4 Duped Kitty first before I R4 Duped iDoom?
    I donno I feel IDoom could have had a pre-fight ability of choice between shock and incinerate to make him more viable champion.
  • ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Member Posts: 777 ★★★★
    Valroz said:

Kitty is the better champion but rank up which ever champ you use more and enjoy playing
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★

TheSaith said:

Why would I ever bring him to a match up that is unfavorable for him? That's just idiotic. You seem to be repeating the same argument over and over that IDoom is weak against shock immune character. So what if he is? Not every character is supposed to solo every single fight in the game. Furthermore, every champion in this game has a counter. It's up to you to pick your attackers carefully and plan ahead. Also why would a character need a way to power through when they are at a disadvantage? "Ok so CGR gets his buffs nullified against mystics so I want him to be nullify immune against them". That's just poor game balance.
    Please, CGR not having his buffs is still way better than this guy. I have him, main stay in my team. Idoom armour half of the time doesn't work because of buff removal, the whole champion is destroyed compared to what happens to others, the amount of limitations in this guy is insane. I mean we thought he would counter prowess champions, they made limitations there as well, 2 or more prowess buff at a time only he counters, how many champs are that - 2 or 3 maybe ?

Half of the time you bring him for questing and you realise you can't even use him most of the time. So u reliable.

The limitations in this character is too much just cause he looks cool and has good attack animations, doesn't make him good. He is just an alright characters, what's with the stupid hype. If you rank up a champion, it's best reason to do that is prestige? That answers its effectiveness doesn't it.

I mean, the only way to make him work is penny Parker, to make him viable atleast. Cause still after that as well he will suffer from all the other limitations, but atleast he can go for matchups.

That's shows how bad the overall performance is, you have not given me one good reason why he is even worth all the hype?
    Once again, don't bring him into match-ups that are not ideal for him. How difficult is that to understand? As for reasons why I ranked him, prestige isn't one of them. I couldn't care less about prestige. I ranked him up because he's fun to use and because he is a good tech champion. I can permanently special lock the opponent during a fight. That is huge and afaik, the only champion immune to special lock is Galan, and you shouldn't bring IDoom into that fight anyway. And no, you DO NOT need Peni to make him viable. If you see a shock immune champion in a fight, just don't use IDoom for it and use someone else.

It seems like you just hate the champion and nothing will change your mind, so why even bother asking people to give you a reason to use IDoom at that point.

TheSaith said:

Once again, don't bring him into match-ups that are not ideal for him. How difficult is that to understand? As for reasons why I ranked him, prestige isn't one of them. I couldn't care less about prestige. I ranked him up because he's fun to use and because he is a good tech champion. I can permanently special lock the opponent during a fight. That is huge and afaik, the only champion immune to special lock is Galan, and you shouldn't bring IDoom into that fight anyway. And no, you DO NOT need Peni to make him viable. If you see a shock immune champion in a fight, just don't use IDoom for it and use someone else.

It seems like you just hate the champion and nothing will change your mind, so why even bother asking people to give you a reason to use IDoom at that point.
    You do know the aura of iron duration is reduced based on opponents number of buff, also other than galan, any champion with shock immunity you can't do that, also any champion who gets a armour break, stagger, nullify, you will suffer, futher buff removal node is so common in quest, incursions and even EW with whole path, what I meant is, IDoom is not viable in just too many conditions. I feel you are not getting my point. Based on situation you mentioned. The guy is not worth bringing 80% of times atleast.

Is that a decent champ ?

TheSaith said:

Lol if you don’t like the champ then don’t use him. He has limitations like most champs in the game. He may have been overhyped since he’s a version of doctor doom, but he’s far from a bad champ. He has amazing power control, can special lock the opponent almost indefinitely. Can use the shock to heavy passive stun to creat openings, he has unblockable special attacks, can prevent the enemies unblockables, and he does very good damage. He isn’t the best tech champ but he is very solid and fun to use. If every champ could be use in any match up then you’d only need to 5 champions and there’d be no point in having a diverse roster.
    I guess it's the end result of the stupid hype and the reason that he is my 1st r4 champion, I reap what I sow. So only everytime getting frustrated, I guess once I have more r4, I wouldn't care since I can replace him easily 😔. But for now it's frustrating to deal with his limitations. Really shines in very niche matchups and is fun. But becomes so useless in so many other situations that you question the champion skill design as why they didn't consider his other avg match ups.
    Valroz said:

Kitty without a doubt buddy, just see how good IDoom is performing at r3, test him a lot before Investing r4 materials. Cause I made that mistake and have been regretting everyday, have to carry my Omega sentinel at r2 over him a lot.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★

TheSaith said:

You do know the aura of iron duration is reduced based on opponents number of buff, also other than galan, any champion with shock immunity you can't do that, also any champion who gets a armour break, stagger, nullify, you will suffer, futher buff removal node is so common in quest, incursions and even EW with whole path, what I meant is, IDoom is not viable in just too many conditions. I feel you are not getting my point. Based on situation you mentioned. The guy is not worth bringing 80% of times atleast.

Is that a decent champ ?
    Ok? So don't bring him into those match-ups. I can assure you that there isn't a single quest in this game where every enemy is going to be a bad match up for him.

1. Too many buffs? Usually present in cosmic enemies, who happen to have class advantage against Tech champions. That is just the way class relationships work.
    2. Shock immunity? Use some other form of damage then. Nick loses a lot of damage against bleed immune. Same thing with IBom against poison immune and you don't see anyone complaining about it.
    3. Armor break? Typically an ability seen in cosmic champions. See point 1.
    4. Nullify/Stagger/Fate Seal. I can see how this can be infuriating since he could have had a resistance to those effects with him having a background in the mystical arts. Then again, there is Guardian who loses almost all of his utility when his armor is removed, and an entire class of champions where 95% of them get screwed over by nullify, fate seal and stagger.

You're just blowing these issues out of proportion
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    Just because iDoom has counterplay and unfavourable matchups doesn’t mean he isn’t a strong champion
  • ElMelloiElMelloi Member Posts: 101
    totally agree

TheSaith said:

Is that a decent champ ?
    Ok? So don't bring him into those match-ups. I can assure you that there isn't a single quest in this game where every enemy is going to be a bad match up for him.

1. Too many buffs? Usually present in cosmic enemies, who happen to have class advantage against Tech champions. That is just the way class relationships work.
    2. Shock immunity? Use some other form of damage then. Nick loses a lot of damage against bleed immune. Same thing with IBom against poison immune and you don't see anyone complaining about it.
    3. Armor break? Typically an ability seen in cosmic champions. See point 1.
    4. Nullify/Stagger/Fate Seal. I can see how this can be infuriating since he could have had a resistance to those effects with him having a background in the mystical arts. Then again, there is Guardian who loses almost all of his utility when his armor is removed, and an entire class of champions where 95% of them get screwed over by nullify, fate seal and stagger.

You're just blowing these issues out of proportion
    Bro the thing is I agree with many of your points, but what you are not ready to accept is that this guys loses in multiple ways, and we are not even considering quests with buff removal which is so common, I face it regularly in AQ, EQ

Regarding Nick and Ibom losing bleed an poison, Nick not really main source of damage, Ibom yes, but doesn't nerf his basic attacks does it?

IDoom loses too much in many ways, against shock immune, completely useless, can even basic attack as additional crit damage doesn't happen loses his heavy loses his main kit.

Armour break, loses his main kit, make him glass canon as well.

Stagger, nullify, I mean why did they not consider it.

Further, his armour should not be considered as a buff to be removed for quest I feel.

Also, does he counters all prowess champions, no not even that, they made it specific to 2-3 champions.

Just too many conditions to satisfy.

I am not saying he needs all, needs to be OP, just the limitations seems a little too much on IDoom making him unplayable in so many scenarios. I have been literally testing him in all type of content.
    Rasilover said:

Just because iDoom has counterplay and unfavourable matchups doesn’t mean he isn’t a strong champion

I agree there, but seems little far too many situations where it's unplayable is what I meant.
  • Mhd20034Mhd20034 Member Posts: 160

TheSaith said:

There are 8 champs in the game that are fully immune to shock. There are 5 additional champs in the game that are immune to shock if meeting certain conditions. You're acting like every path you've ever taken were stacked with all 13 champs and they're all on buffet nodes.

There isn't a single champ without a counter in this game.

You speak so highly of Omega Sentinel... But have you ever had to take her against Magneto? Have you ever taken her against Ebony Maw.

You think Omega Sentinel is any better of a defender? No, she's not. Arguably worse in my opinion.

Have you ever taken OG Doom against Human Torch? Against Magneto? Against anyone on masochism?

We could do this all day with every champ in the game. The only people who've ever hyped up champions is the community.
    Not disagreeing with your point but omega sentinel is a very good counter to magneto and ebony maw.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    TheSaith said:

Bishop with Human Torch??
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

TheSaith said:

There are 8 champs in the game that are fully immune to shock. There are 5 additional champs in the game that are immune to shock if meeting certain conditions. You're acting like every path you've ever taken were stacked with all 13 champs and they're all on buffet nodes.

There isn't a single champ without a counter in this game.

You speak so highly of Omega Sentinel... But have you ever had to take her against Magneto? Have you ever taken her against Ebony Maw.

You think Omega Sentinel is any better of a defender? No, she's not. Arguably worse in my opinion.

Have you ever taken OG Doom against Human Torch? Against Magneto? Against anyone on masochism?

We could do this all day with every champ in the game. The only people who've ever hyped up champions is the community.
    What's wrong with OS against Maw?