**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How is he not #metal?

2Β»

Comments

• Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,232 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Some champs have far less obvious metallic objects in their costumes and get the #metal tag, so I’m curious as to how this guy avoids it? They haven’t done a very good job of explaining it away in his info, so I assume it’s just a case of not wanting to add another easy Magneto target and not caring enough to explain how it’s not #metal πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Because kabam said so πŸ—ΏπŸ—ΏπŸ—Ώ

Jokes apart, it's same thing happening like blade all over again. Mags is too OP for metals now they need indirect counters to him. I am kind of happy they did. Don't want any other champ getting rekt by mags in 15 hits but also i don't wanna a champ who goes unblockable here and there.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    AntMan, Cassie, Wasp and Yellowjacket should be tech, cause they use Pym Tech. come on KabamπŸ˜‚
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,114 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

AntMan, Cassie, Wasp and Yellowjacket should be tech, cause they use Pym Tech. come on KabamπŸ˜‚

The difference between Science and Tech is hairfine in my eyes.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,443 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kerneas said:

There are already too many #metal champs and you're wanting another one?

I don’t know what you’ve been reading, but no where in my post was I demanding or wanting another #metal champ, it was simply just a question out of curiosity.

Some good answers in here that shed some light on the subject, but it’s probably just a case of Kabam randomly picking and choosing and not having any idea or method in their tag selecting process.

Misty Knight’s Vibranium arm somehow gets her the #metal tag.
    You seem to have completely missed the point. It's not random at all, Kabam select which champs will be #metal with the game balance in mind.

This champion isn't seen as "Shocker", it is seen as "non-#metal Tech". Same case for Misty. She isn't "Misty Knight", she is "#metal Skill". It doesn't matter who the champ is in this context. Kabam planned to add a "non-#metal Tech" in April 2023, because in their opinion, the game needed another such champ. And it doesn't matter if the champ is Shocker, Prowler, Thinker or another Iron-man.
    No. Marvel has the last say in the champion design. Tags are not how the plan champions.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,121 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm more annoyed that the #Guardians tag still has far far too few characters considering how many have been Guardians at this point.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 2023

It's up to game developers whom they want to give tags. Don't think too much.

Do the tags have no relation to the physical attributes of the champs? If they tagged spider gwen as metal would that be fine?
    It would be and you’d keep on playing because we have zero say in it.
    Fortunately, it makes certain sense. All champions having the tag, have some metallic base to them. But not all the champions that have metal are tagged.

As others have pointed out, the game places balance ahead of logic or it would be chaos.
    No, it wouldn't be fine because the tags are, in fact, related to the attributes of the champs. You'd be OK with it if they introduced Puck and tagged him XL? Captain America can be #villain? Doctor Strange #mutant? Not saying he needs to be #metal but I don't agree that the tags can be anything. That would be chaos.
    You took it to the extreme but why does it matter? This all comes from your knowledge of the source material. Some people will know a lot, some very little.
    Tags are there on each champ’s info for you to check them when needed and eventually you’ll know a good few of them without checking.
    E.g. was it obvious to me that Ghost is a Thunderbolt? I don’t even know what that is!
    But after EOP I know.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,855 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Shocker is shock proof. Metals conduct electricity. So shocker is not #metal.
  • Options

I'm more annoyed that the #Guardians tag still has far far too few characters considering how many have been Guardians at this point.

If that's the case than nearly everyone in this game would have the Avengers tag.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    All this hassle...
    Just one official reply from kabam would sum it up. "Game balance"

Headquarters:
    Let the community argue and fight B)
    While we sip tea and enjoy the drama.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

All this hassle...
    Just one official reply from kabam would sum it up. "Game balance"

Headquarters:
    Let the community argue and fight B)
    While we sip tea and enjoy the drama.

I mean for one… it’s a 4 day weekend in Canada so no response until Tuesday. And for two we have this…

• Options
    Most of us know it's for game balance and I happily accept it.
    The thing is they have commented on tags before, plus they add extra info on the decision.

Long weekend...Easter?
  • Options

The thing is they have commented on tags before, plus they add extra info on the decision.

Long weekend...Easter?

Most of you speculate that is the reason. Miike and others have stated numerous times that Marvel has a big part in tags for the game. It's their IP after all and Kabam is just licensing it.

Saying a champ doesn't have "X" tag because of "input OP champion here" just helps you rationalize the decision but in reality, it's just not how they decide tags. We've only ever had the conversation with a small handful of champions in the game, like CG, Cull etc... But they wouldn't change the dynamic in the game at all if they had the tags you think they should.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It doesn’t count towards magnetism if they can let go of the magnetic item. So regardless of what shocker is made of. We have a version of him that can drop his gauntlets.

#not-metal
  • Options
    I do not care one small little flippity bit if he gets a metal tag or not. Just want to know the story behind it, which only they can provide.

Long weekend...Easter?

Most of you speculate that is the reason. Miike and others have stated numerous times that Marvel has a big part in tags for the game. It's their IP after all and Kabam is just licensing it.

Saying a champ doesn't have "X" tag because of "input OP champion here" just helps you rationalize the decision but in reality, it's just not how they decide tags. We've only ever had the conversation with a small handful of champions in the game, like CG, Cull etc... But they wouldn't change the dynamic in the game at all if they had the tags you think they should.
    Yea, like giving Galan, Manthing and Nimrod the L tag. It really does not matter to me what they have decided to tag them, been playing long enough to accept things as given.

But asking a question and expecting a reply is that hard to digest? It's a simple question and I'm sure they have a simple answer.
    This is not even a controversial post, where they have to pull back their words.

Makes every single reasoning in this thread, a speculation. And thus unresolved.
  • Options
    johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 178 β˜…β˜…
    Has nothing to do with MCOC, game balance or tags. Unless someone can show a comic book that says otherwise, His gauntlets are not made of metal, only Vibro-shock material which is not fully explained in the comics.
  • Options

I do not care one small little flippity bit if he gets a metal tag or not. Just want to know the story behind it, which only they can provide.

Long weekend...Easter?

Yea, like giving Galan, Manthing and Nimrod the L tag. It really does not matter to me what they have decided to tag them, been playing long enough to accept things as given.

But asking a question and expecting a reply is that hard to digest? It's a simple question and I'm sure they have a simple answer.
    This is not even a controversial post, where they have to pull back their words.

Makes every single reasoning in this thread, a speculation. And thus unresolved.
    How many times should they have to tell people? Again, if Galan has the L-Large tag, MARVEL decided that. All of these champs are thier IP.

@ItsDamien posted a screenshot of Miikes answer from another thread.

There shouldn't even be speculation. Marvel controls their IP very closely, so if Shocker isn't metal, he's not metal and it's because Marvel said so.
  • Options

Long weekend...Easter?

How many times should they have to tell people? Again, if Galan has the L-Large tag, MARVEL decided that. All of these champs are thier IP.

There shouldn't even be speculation. Marvel controls their IP very closely, so if Shocker isn't metal, he's not metal and it's because Marvel said so.
    Where can one go to find an answer if it isn't the official forums. Hmm

Kabam devs answer almost all questions in random youtubers streams but not in the official forums. What's with the handicap.
  • Options
    VestasCureVestasCure Posts: 137 β˜…β˜…

Long weekend...Easter?

Kabam devs answer almost all questions in random youtubers streams but not in the official forums. What's with the handicap.
    Posting a question on the forums is fine, not accepting when it doesn't get answered by Kabam, especially when it has been answered before as has already been explain to you, is when it is no longer fine.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian

Long weekend...Easter?

As far as I'm aware, Kabam devs do not answer almost all questions in YouTuber's streams. They probably answer closer to 0.01% of them.

For similar reasons, they are not going to set the precedent that every tag or other design decision on every champion requires justification. They might choose to do so on occasion, but they certainly do not want to set that expectation.
  • Options

Long weekend...Easter?

Posting a question on the forums is fine, not accepting when it doesn't get answered by Kabam, especially when it has been answered before as has already been explain to you, is when it is no longer fine.
    I have been in most of these type of threads.
    Be it dimensional beings, size, metal, villain, merc etc. They updated tags for Mags buff, they updated chavez and many more tags before EOP. Most are self explanatory so they were never questioned.
    When cap sam was called out for not being metal. They replied pretty fast that it's due to vibranium suit.

I'm not even questioning why shocker is not tagged metal lol, personally looking for behind the scenes story of it, which only they can share, nobody else can answer it.
    Not even questioning the authority of marvel or the tags assigned to him.

People here have provided many theories, Wouldnt it be nice if kabam can share some insight.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Long weekend...Easter?

As far as I'm aware, Kabam devs do not answer almost all questions in YouTuber's streams. They probably answer closer to 0.01% of them.

For similar reasons, they are not going to set the precedent that every tag or other design decision on every champion requires justification. They might choose to do so on occasion, but they certainly do not want to set that expectation.
    They do answer many many basic questions, and I too on the side of them not obliged to answer controversial questions.
    I was not asking for justification, I was looking for the story.

Don't want to drag this thread anymore.

I am not shocked.
  • Options

Long weekend...Easter?

Be it dimensional beings, size, metal, villain, merc etc. They updated tags for Mags buff, they updated chavez and many more tags before EOP. Most are self explanatory so they were never questioned.
    When cap sam was called out for not being metal. They replied pretty fast that it's due to vibranium suit.

I'm not even questioning why shocker is not tagged metal lol, personally looking for behind the scenes story of it, which only they can share, nobody else can answer it.

People here have provided many theories, Wouldnt it be nice if kabam can share some insight.
    In all honesty, I don't even think Marvel really knows. I googled it to see what's in marvel Lore and there's nothing that I found that explains what the gauntlets are made of. It's the first time I've seen a marvel character not have something they use be so vaguely explained.
  • Options

Long weekend...Easter?

In all honesty, I don't even think Marvel really knows. I googled it to see what's in marvel Lore and there's nothing that I found that explains what the gauntlets are made of. It's the first time I've seen a marvel character not have something they use be so vaguely explained.
    Well, thank you for the time you put in to find the lore. I have to stop commenting on this thread though.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian

Long weekend...Easter?

We're talking specifically about interactions with Magneto, and Marvel itself, because physics knowledge is not a prerequisite for becoming a comic book writer, has basically made his abilities completely magical. The notion that his abilities are magnetic in nature is something you can only reconcile with what magnetism is if your only knowledge of electromagnetism revolves around children's refrigerator magnets.

The #metal tag means "responds to Magneto, as realized in the MCOC game universe" which itself is "however Marvel decides magnetism works today."
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Long weekend...Easter?

We're talking specifically about interactions with Magneto, and Marvel itself, because physics knowledge is not a prerequisite for becoming a comic book writer, has basically made his abilities completely magical. The notion that his abilities are magnetic in nature is something you can only reconcile with what magnetism is if your only knowledge of electromagnetism revolves around children's refrigerator magnets.

The #metal tag means "responds to Magneto, as realized in the MCOC game universe" which itself is "however Marvel decides magnetism works today."
    Sure. That's all completely true but usually there's something you can discern from some sort of wiki on either Wikipedia or Marvel Fandom or Marvel Database that explains how something is made or where powers come from.

When I go looking for what and how Shocker made his gauntlets from, there's zero mention of what materials are used and only mentioned being made while in prison. They describe what they do in detail but the construction of them are very vague.

I just it was interesting that there isn't any detailed information out there regarding their construction.
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    EdisonLaw said:

They didn’t want to make him Magneto food

Buddy please stop necro-ing old threads
This discussion has been closed.