**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Enough protection Kabam, seriously!

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

I was doing some SQs and just decided to droo them for a couple of days, it is becoming too annoying to fight Protection nodes, you guys put them everywhere, that node and the Unblockable and Unstoppable ones are too common, you have a lot of nodes, and would be awesome if you put some variety on those you use on EQ or SQ, and if you dont want to, just add more time in the timers, 15 seconds is not enough with the actual AI problems, as soon as you turn down the protection, AI just stays back till they have it again, this is not fun.

I prefer harder nodes that are fun at least to play, putting protection or unblock/unstopp everywhere is not fun at all.

I don't know about variety in the content nodes, but there sure is a lot of variety in the nodes that players complain about being overused. Unblockable, unstoppable, protection, glance, falter, indestructible, mesmerize, power gain - the number of nodes that players complain about being on the short list of content nodes is a rather ironically long list.

Personally, I'm fine with the protection nodes as a) they don't make the fight radically harder but b) do add a skill component to the fight. When a fight challenges the skill of the player, there's fundamentally two things it can do: it can punish the player for failing the skill check by making the fight longer, or it can punish the player for failing the skill check by killing them. It can increase the damage the player takes, or decrease the damage the computer takes. Everything else is mechanical dress up for those two ultimate effects. Protection is the softer of the two: it punishes the player by making the fight take longer, offering the player more chances to actually pass the check and speed up the fight. The alternative offers fewer chances to recover.

Yes, no one likes fights to get drawn out. But they like dying less.
    Protection requires not skill at all, knocking down a champ is easy, doing an intercept is aswell, just makes the fight longer for no reason.

I have no problem with the rest of the nodes, but Protection with Unblock and Unstop are the most usual lately at least, and it becomes tedious to fight them every month
    How does it make it longer? Parry, Heavy, and go.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,443 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

You’re right. It’s not difficult. It’s also not hard. It’s also REALLY fast to finish the fights. I’m not even using “the best champs in the game”. I used Rocket and Agent Venom with synergies so I can do the solo event at the same time and no fight lasted longer than a minute.

Yet again not reading, didnt say it was slower or not
    No you’re complaining about a completely subjective “fun” factor which no one can do anything about. Which is why I’m choosing to ignore it because what you don’t find fun, other people do.
    Fam, you are chosing to read only the words you want to, the fact that something is tedious is not that subjective, since its something that becomes repetitive, when you have to do it every time, and thats what those nodes are.
    Tedious is subjective because it’s personal to the individual if they feel something is that way. There is no objective measure of “tedious” or “fun”. Cope.
    There doesn't have to be an "objective measure" of anything. They find it boring. Lots of people agree. That's feedback.
    How many nodes had protection last month in the SQ? How many in the SQ before that? And the one before that?
    Literally has nothing to do with what I said.
    @Qacob I quoted the wrong comment. My bad.
    Jefechuta said:

It's an SQ. I would prefer the Fights not be 10-minutes long. The other alternative is to raise Health pools and Attack, just to extend the challenge level. That's not something that interests me as far as SQ material.

Why would they do that? The point is to not put the same nodes every month, it becomes repetitive and boring.
    This is what I meant to quote.
    I guess you didnt play last month, SQ had Protection aswell for one of the weeks, so yeah, I dont really remember which SQ was the one before that, but the point is still that is a boring node, is not hard, is not specially slow, it is just annoying and boring, why put it with this often when you have a lot of nodes that we see almost never that are better, harder or funnier, but not that annoying
    Each week last SQ had separate parts of the map open with the keys. Each path had different nodes with 3 fights. You probably had one path with 3 nodes. That doesn't constitute "often".

It's not like the entire quest is all protection nodes. Even in the current SQ, it's like 4 fights 'ish.

SQs are meant to be something that you can breeze through. It's widely know that the community doesn't want hard or challenging SQs. They want boring and something to breeze though. There's been plenty of hate for more challenging SQs in the past because the rewards don't meet the difficulty. Well, this is what we have from people not wanting SQs to be time consuming.

Community doesn't like rifts.
    Community doesn't like portals.
    Community doesn't want high difficulty.
    Community doesn't want bland nodes.

Where does the map design team go from here? Someone is bound to be unhappy, this month, it's your turn.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

You’re right. It’s not difficult. It’s also not hard. It’s also REALLY fast to finish the fights. I’m not even using “the best champs in the game”. I used Rocket and Agent Venom with synergies so I can do the solo event at the same time and no fight lasted longer than a minute.

No you’re complaining about a completely subjective “fun” factor which no one can do anything about. Which is why I’m choosing to ignore it because what you don’t find fun, other people do.
    Fam, you are chosing to read only the words you want to, the fact that something is tedious is not that subjective, since its something that becomes repetitive, when you have to do it every time, and thats what those nodes are.
    Tedious is subjective because it’s personal to the individual if they feel something is that way. There is no objective measure of “tedious” or “fun”. Cope.
    There doesn't have to be an "objective measure" of anything. They find it boring. Lots of people agree. That's feedback.
    How many nodes had protection last month in the SQ? How many in the SQ before that? And the one before that?
    Jefechuta said:

It's an SQ. I would prefer the Fights not be 10-minutes long. The other alternative is to raise Health pools and Attack, just to extend the challenge level. That's not something that interests me as far as SQ material.

Why would they do that? The point is to not put the same nodes every month, it becomes repetitive and boring.
    I guess you didnt play last month, SQ had Protection aswell for one of the weeks, so yeah, I dont really remember which SQ was the one before that, but the point is still that is a boring node, is not hard, is not specially slow, it is just annoying and boring, why put it with this often when you have a lot of nodes that we see almost never that are better, harder or funnier, but not that annoying
    They want boring
    🤨

I do?
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

They want boring
    🤨

I do?
    You don't. I don't. But others don't want to think about the fight. Just enter in go.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

Each week last SQ had separate parts of the map open with the keys. Each path had different nodes with 3 fights. You probably had one path with 3 nodes. That doesn't constitute "often".

It's not like the entire quest is all protection nodes. Even in the current SQ, it's like 4 fights 'ish.

SQs are meant to be something that you can breeze through. It's widely know that the community doesn't want hard or challenging SQs. They want boring and something to breeze though. There's been plenty of hate for more challenging SQs in the past because the rewards don't meet the difficulty. Well, this is what we have from people not wanting SQs to be time consuming.

Where does the map design team go from here? Someone is bound to be unhappy, this month, it's your turn.
    Yeah and why we have the same node in 2 SQs for 1 week at least in a row when we have tons of nodes? Thats the point.

I would prefer other nodes, I dont care if those are harder or not, or require skill or certain champs, but at least are different, playing mostly Protection, Unstop and Unblock nodes is not fun at all, I dont care but It is just boring to repeat the same secuence of gameplay in a game that is this extense
  • Options

Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

They want boring
    🤨

I do?
    You don't. I don't. But others don't want to think about the fight. Just enter in go.
    And they can't do that with fun nodes instead of boring ones?
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

I was doing some SQs and just decided to droo them for a couple of days, it is becoming too annoying to fight Protection nodes, you guys put them everywhere, that node and the Unblockable and Unstoppable ones are too common, you have a lot of nodes, and would be awesome if you put some variety on those you use on EQ or SQ, and if you dont want to, just add more time in the timers, 15 seconds is not enough with the actual AI problems, as soon as you turn down the protection, AI just stays back till they have it again, this is not fun.

I prefer harder nodes that are fun at least to play, putting protection or unblock/unstopp everywhere is not fun at all.

I don't know about variety in the content nodes, but there sure is a lot of variety in the nodes that players complain about being overused. Unblockable, unstoppable, protection, glance, falter, indestructible, mesmerize, power gain - the number of nodes that players complain about being on the short list of content nodes is a rather ironically long list.

Personally, I'm fine with the protection nodes as a) they don't make the fight radically harder but b) do add a skill component to the fight. When a fight challenges the skill of the player, there's fundamentally two things it can do: it can punish the player for failing the skill check by making the fight longer, or it can punish the player for failing the skill check by killing them. It can increase the damage the player takes, or decrease the damage the computer takes. Everything else is mechanical dress up for those two ultimate effects. Protection is the softer of the two: it punishes the player by making the fight take longer, offering the player more chances to actually pass the check and speed up the fight. The alternative offers fewer chances to recover.

Protection requires not skill at all, knocking down a champ is easy, doing an intercept is aswell, just makes the fight longer for no reason.

I have no problem with the rest of the nodes, but Protection with Unblock and Unstop are the most usual lately at least, and it becomes tedious to fight them every month

You're getting caught up in the details that don't matter and missing the point.

Protection is not a fun node to fight against.
    Protection is not a difficult node to fight against.

What is the point then? It's a huge missed opportunity to make an easy fight a boring one.
    That's not getting caught up in the details. When someone makes a claim, such as it makes the Fights longer, then that's open to be discussed. It really isn't much longer to Parry, then Heavy, then do regular Damage. Unless you consider two mechanics being exerted as longer.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

They want boring
    🤨

I do?
    I wish they would but there's complaints because a lot of those nodes "increase difficulty" and according to the ones that complain, the rewards no long match the difficulty. I want more interactive nodes. I want to be able to think about my fights and plan like we do with AW. It's why I hate AQ. It's boring and repetitive. But there hasn't been enough protection nodes for them to have become "every month".
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

Yeah and why we have the same node in 2 SQs for 1 week at least in a row when we have tons of nodes? Thats the point.

I would prefer other nodes, I dont care if those are harder or not, or require skill or certain champs, but at least are different, playing mostly Protection, Unstop and Unblock nodes is not fun at all, I dont care but It is just boring to repeat the same secuence of gameplay in a game that is this extense
    Homie, you've singled out 4 fights out of 10 in the current SQ plus probably 3 nodes from the last SQ and are pretending like it's every node, every SQ, every time.
  • Options

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

They want boring
    🤨

I do?
    I wish they would but there's complaints because a lot of those nodes "increase difficulty" and according to the ones that complain, the rewards no long match the difficulty. I want more interactive nodes. I want to be able to think about my fights and plan like we do with AW. It's why I hate AQ. It's boring and repetitive. But there hasn't been enough protection nodes for them to have become "every month".
    Yes, me too. But it's not either-or. There are plenty of nodes that increase attacker damage if you pay attention to them, yet have no consequence to people who choose not to.

The DoT vulnerability nodes for example, nodes that increase buff/debuff duration or potency. There are hundreds. And yet we have protection (at least right now, I haven't been playing again long enough to tell how common it is).

Both groups can be made happy.
  • Options

Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

You're getting caught up in the details that don't matter and missing the point.

What is the point then? It's a huge missed opportunity to make an easy fight a boring one.
    That's not getting caught up in the details. When someone makes a claim, such as it makes the Fights longer, then that's open to be discussed. It really isn't much longer to Parry, then Heavy, then do regular Damage. Unless you consider two mechanics being exerted as longer.
    It is getting caught up in details. Whether the fights are a fraction of a second longer or a couple minutes longer, the point is they are boring either way. That is the issue.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

They want boring
    🤨

I do?
    Yes, me too. But it's not either-or. There are plenty of nodes that increase attacker damage if you pay attention to them, yet have no consequence to people who choose not to.

The DoT vulnerability nodes for example, nodes that increase buff/debuff duration or potency. There are hundreds. And yet we have protection (at least right now, I haven't been playing again long enough to tell how common it is).

In all honesty, I don't remember the last time SQ's or MEQ's had Bleed/Parry/Poison Vulnerability nodes. Generally been seeing those in story quests.
  • Options

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

They want boring
    🤨

I do?

In all honesty, I don't remember the last time SQ's or MEQ's had Bleed/Parry/Poison Vulnerability nodes. Generally been seeing those in story quests.
    Isn't that the point of this post? That we don't see fun nodes in SQ content often enough?

Obviously it doesn't have to be those specific nodes, as you're right, they are quite common in story content, they were just the first I could think of.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

They want boring
    🤨

I do?

Isn't that the point of this post? That we don't see fun nodes in SQ content often enough?

Obviously it doesn't have to be those specific nodes, as you're right, they are quite common in story content, they were just the first I could think of.
    What I got from OP is that they are claiming that the Protection node is being used every month widespread.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,507 ★★★★

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

They want boring
    🤨

I do?
    I wish they would but there's complaints because a lot of those nodes "increase difficulty"
    Like the guys asking for Grandmaster to be nerfed. I actually like the harder, more engaging fights rather than let's drag this easy boring fight out by adding a 0 to the health number and adding protection.

Only issue rn with difficult fights is controls and inputs are a mess. Worse since they forced everyone into the beta controls. At least mine have been.

• Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    It is getting old. Lets develop more fun and interactive fights Kabam! Stop recycling protection into the mix every month 👌
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Jefechuta said:

DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

It is getting caught up in details. Whether the fights are a fraction of a second longer or a couple minutes longer, the point is they are boring either way. That is the issue.
    When the OP makes a statement and I respond to the argument directly, that's not details. That's a specific response.
    It's a Side Quest. Not 8.2. It's not supposed to be the most exciting thing. It's designed to add adequate challenge for the level It's presented for. Neither too much or too little.
    For some reason, one Node is the focus of the complaint, when many Nodes are used more than once. Some Nodes that are appropriate for other game modes aren't necessarily appropriate for a Side Quest.
    For that matter, there are complaints about every Side Quest. Too boring, too time-consuming, to monotonous, too much of a grind, etc. 20 Paths of 4 Fights over 5 weeks is not that boring. This sounds like a personal feeling on the Node rather than an issue with the design.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    Jefechuta said:

DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

If it doesn't require any skill, then why aren't you doing it and making the fights shorter?
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

ItsDamien said:

Jefechuta said:

Homie, you've singled out 4 fights out of 10 in the current SQ plus probably 3 nodes from the last SQ and are pretending like it's every node, every SQ, every time.
    Fam, I didnt say that, I say that they use those too often, while having a lot of nodes that they could use instead
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

If it doesn't require any skill, then why aren't you doing it and making the fights shorter?
    I just said that it just takes longer, I dont understand the "making the fights shorter"
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

I just said that it just takes longer, I dont understand the "making the fights shorter"
    Bruh, reading this whole thread is like u talking to a wall. They keep repeating the same arguments when that is not ur point to begin with.

I said that it is tedious and boring, and people talking about difficult or not, or being in every modes or not.

The fact that Kabam puts this nodes more oftenly than the others is just a thing, thats my point at all.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    Jefechuta said:

DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

That would be the skill part.
  • Options
    KingSageThe1stKingSageThe1st Posts: 102
    Nodes that exist in a few quests that could be added in the SQ to make it less boring while not making it hard:

ADRENOCHROME
    When the Defender activates a Special Attack, they gain a Fury Passive increasing Attack Rating by 1000% for 20 second(s). This Fury starts paused and unpauses after the Special Attack has finished. For every Debuff on the Defender when they activate a Special, the Fury's duration is reduced by 4 second(s) to a minimum of 1. When this Fury expires, the Defender takes a burst of Damage equal to 200% of the Attacker's Attack.

APEX PREDATORS
    The Champion with the most Buffs Nullified this way gains a Fury Passive, increasing Attack Rating by 500% and an Unblockable Passive, both lasting for 10 second(s). When the Fury expires, the timer restarts. In the event of a tie, both Champions gain the Fury and Unblockable Passives.

PLAYING FAVORITES
    At the start of the fight, the Defender chooses 1 type of Basic Attack: Light, Medium or Heavy. Depending on the Basic Attack chosen, the Attacker gains +100% Attack and +100% Ability Accuracy for that Attack and -100% Attack and Ability Accuracy for the remaining two. Whenever either Champion activates a Special Attack, the Defender will choose a new Basic Attack.

RECHARGE
    While Blocking, the Defender generates 15% Power every second. While the Attacker is Blocking, they generate 10% Power every second. Both Champion's Combat Power Rate is reduced by 100%.

SLUMBER (most fun node I've ever played)
    For the first 15 seconds, the Defender is Stunned and Power Locked, after which the Defender gains a permanent Fury passive increasing Base Attack by 1000%.

TIME TO STRIKE
    Whenever the Defender would gain Power or Health while under the effects of a Heal Block or Power Lock, they are instead inflicted with a non-stacking Passive Degen dealing 100% of the Attackers Attack over 3 seconds.

VIGOR
    Every 15 seconds after the start of the fight, the Defender Regenerates 50% of Base Health over 5 seconds. The timer refreshes when the Defender reaches intervals of 25% missing Health.

WOMBO COMBO
    Whenever the Defender activates a Special Attack, the Attacker's Combo Meter is consumed and reset to zero. For each Hit in the Combo Meter consumed, the Defender gains a Passive Prowess, increasing Special Attack by 20% for 8 seconds. Max 30. If the Defender is knocked down while these Prowess are active, they are consumed and deal the Defender Direct Damage equal to 10% of the Attacker's Attack per Prowess consumed.

There are plenty more that would be super cool additions to side quests, a lot of these people don't even know exist.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,039 ★★★★
    For all of you repeating the point about protection not making the fight longer, you're right, it doesn't. But when the heavy disables protection for 15 seconds and it's inevitably paired with something like "When the defender is knocked down they gain unstoppable for 8 seconds" it does in fact make the fight take longer. And sure there's champs that can counter unstoppable, but then they add something to prevent those counters.

Again, no complaints about the difficulty. It's just a tired mechanic. Someone earlier in the thread claimed it was used on 8 of 28 nodes last month. No idea of that's accurate or not, but of it is, that's 28.5% of the nodes having some sort of protection. And if he's only counting 28 nodes total, that sounds like MEQ was not counted, and Act 8.2 definitely wasn't counted (its in there plenty too).

But once again, myself and OP haven't complained about difficulty. We've only commented on the lack of originality lately.

Simply put, it's boring doing the same parry, heavy, dex, dex, dex, dex, dex, dex, dex, dex, dex, 5 hit combo, repeat.
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★

This is why Kabam can never create content that everyone likes. People sitting here complaining about easy protection nodes that are disabled after any knockdown for 10 defenders.

Let's just get rid of nodes. They're all annoying 🙄

100% agree. No more nodes. In an age of spotty inputs, reparrying AI and those shweet 6 star deals that many of us are waiting on reparations from…nix them unsightly nodes.