Options

The new victory track changes arent as good as they seemed?

AnlyAnly Posts: 615 β˜…β˜…
edited May 2023 in General Discussion
I just got into 5 consecutive matches of low level accounts with 4 stars and accounts with champs that barely has 10k pi

in all rounds except 1 they all died to my defenders, i even had a match where i didnt draft any defenders and still won by putting down blade...

I dont wanna stomp accounts into the ground just because i didnt grind to a certain rank first couple days of the season.

I dont find battlegrounds the most fun so i only play it in short bursts, every other day or so

Post edited by Kabam Jax on
Β«134

Comments

• Options
    Here's an account i faced, not even the worst one
    Couldnt screenshot the bottom cause they left too fast

• Options
    Anly said:

I just got into 5 consecutive matches of low level accounts with 4 stars and accounts with champs that barely has 10k pi

in all rounds except 1 they all died to my defenders, i even had a match where i didnt draft any defenders and still won by putting down blade...

I dont wanna stomp accounts into the ground just because i didnt grind to a certain rank first couple days of the season.

I dont find battlegrounds the most fun so i only play it in short bursts, every other day or so

Which tier?
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,194 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I think they avg your prestige and until silver 1 you get matches below your prestige then in gold you get matched with equals and in platinum and above you get matched with slightly higher prestige players and get matched with equals once in a while
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 β˜…β˜…β˜…

I think they avg your prestige and until silver 1 you get matches below your prestige then in gold you get matched with equals and in platinum and above you get matched with slightly higher prestige players and get matched with equals once in a while

That doesn’t make sense. If they match you against slightly higher PI (Plat+) in essence they still match with below your PI. Because someone is going to be higher and someone lower.

There is no way of actually knowing how they match. I just say β€œyou win some you lose some”
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,258 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I noticed that once I arrived in plat and diamond I got matched with accounts in the 1-1,5mil rating as well as 4,5-5,5mil rating. Im 2,8mil myself
  • Options

Anly said:

Which tier?
    Well i started playing today
    altavista said:

The BG changes how medals are earned/loss, not who you are match up with (unless there was a separate announcement).

There could be an 'indirect' effect on matchmaking, where the 'stronger' accounts have more easily progressed since they only have to win twice in three tries, so what remains are the 'weaker' accounts in Bronze/Silver.

I think overall though, it is better. Those 'weaker' accounts might be stomped on one or twice, but they themselves should find it easier to progress as well. Better to get stomped on a few days of the BG months, than stomped on the entire BG month (as it was before the change). Of course, that is not ideal, but BG is improved.

I dont think it will be easier, previous seasons, for me atleast i barely got any low accounts it was rare, now it's every match or every other match, i started in plat 2 today and now im in diamond 2 and ive "won" 9/10 matches,
  • Options

Anly said:

Seems like skill-based matchmaking working as intended
    😐... i dont think you're allowed to speak?
    Someone who thinks a damage immune champ is risky dosent get to speak about skill.
  • Options
    Id much rather struggle and still be able to get to the GC than to stomp accounts and have them not be able to progress at all
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 899 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Anly said:

Anly said:

Someone who thinks a damage immune champ is risky dosent get to speak about skill.
    Ok Mr. Kitty is the best champ in the game
  • Options

Anly said:

Anly said:

Ok Mr. Kitty is the best champ in the game
    Theres another thread for this
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,192 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Anly said:

I'll trade with you.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Anly said:

Id much rather struggle and still be able to get to the GC than to stomp accounts and have them not be able to progress at all

Then randomly forfeit fifty percent of the matches against easy rosters.
    Kinda the same as saying this problem dosent affect me so not my problem, or atleast thats whats implied

I tried to leave a match and they left before i could

Not to mention the idea is kinda stupid since you still lose energy, doing that repeatedly makes no sense.

• Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The problem isn’t actually a problem. It’s a solve to people rightly complaining getting matched with only similar accounts. If every account had a rating 1-10. 9’s fighting 9’s the whole way to the GC is a MUCH longer process than getting matched against some 7-8’s and even 5-6’s while on the way.

Also the 2’s only fighting 2’s was problematic because lower account essentially got preferential matchmaking, keeping them against beatable accounts. Instead of making them compete. In the most competitive game mode.

As I understand it, this was some of the reason for this change.

And you still get matched with similar accounts until a certain point.

So how far up are you?
  • Options

The problem isn’t actually a problem. It’s a solve to people rightly complaining getting matched with only similar accounts. If every account had a rating 1-10. 9’s fighting 9’s the whole way to the GC is a MUCH longer process than getting matched against some 7-8’s and even 5-6’s while on the way.

Also the 2’s only fighting 2’s was problematic because lower account essentially got preferential matchmaking, keeping them against beatable accounts. Instead of making them compete. In the most competitive game mode.

As I understand it, this was some of the reason for this change.

And you still get matched with similar accounts until a certain point.

So how far up are you?

I dont people were complaining about facing similar accounts, it was that they were facing higher accounts

Im currently in d1 or d2 i started in plat 3 and ive "won" all matches and a good portion of them have been people leaving at the ban screen

We should only be fighting accounts similar to our own

I dont know why in every game theres always "stomping" prevention of sone sort but this game is the only game where people think thats fair

I think they should just tear this current point system down, i think they think it's functioning well enough to justify not changing it.

We need an entire re-vamp of the points and rewards system
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Anly said:

DNA3000 said:

Anly said:

Then randomly forfeit fifty percent of the matches against easy rosters.
    Kinda the same as saying this problem dosent affect me so not my problem, or atleast thats whats implied
    No, I was saying something a bit different. Battlegrounds is a competitive game mode. If it makes you feel bad when you win, you have full control over that problem. But that's a you-problem, not a game-problem. For competitions to work properly, competitors must get matched against their valid competition. And all players within the same tier are in the same bracket of competition and should be matched against each other. If we only spoon feed lower roster players other lower roster competitors, they get a distorted view of the competition in which they are in the bottom 10% of players and yet get 50% chances to win every match. Ultimately, the competition has to require the bottom 10% to face the kinds of competition that will show them to be in the bottom 10%, because any system that allows them to win at a higher percentage is doing so at the expense of higher strength players that will be winning at a lower percentage.

However, while the system has to do this to function properly, it is entirely up to you to decide if you are morally capable of competing at your proper strength. You may choose to play under speed, or even forfeit matches if you believe the system is treating those players unfairly. It is not, but if you believe it is, you have the choice to hand out more wins than the system is designed to generate for lower strength players.

You shouldn't: you should play at normal competitive strength and let the wins and losses fall accordingly. I believe the system is competitively fair, and so I have no problem winning when I'm supposed to win. But you do you.
    "No, I was saying something a bit different. Battlegrounds is a competitive game mode. If it makes you feel bad when you win, you have full control over that problem. But that's a you-problem, not a game-problem."

This is basically saying, "it doesn't effect me so it's not my problem"

Players leagues below my level aren't "valid competition" that's like saying an adult fighting a child is fair because they go to the same school, except one's the teacher.

What distorted view? Why would they win at a higher percentage? They would win as often as i would against another player my level.

It's not about feeling bad or sorry or whatever it's about the simple fact that it's not fair.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,280 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I mean, it's been productive overall. I play casually, and usually just do Bronze 1/Silver 3 for some extra Shards. This Season, I'm in Gold 3 and going tit for tat apparently. It's just the matchups. I'm sure I'll progress further eventually.
    Overall, judging by my own experience, Players like myself and even lower will still make more headway and earn decent Rewards.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,564 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Wait, the premise of this post was that the "changes" didn't improve matchmaking?

That wasn't a part of it, was it?
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,075 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Actually...I quit a bunch of fights the other day because I was overloaded on energy and couldn't play, so I just gave a bunch of people wins. So that's another reason you may have seen quits.

I need 4 wins .. wanna give me some??? LOL
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Anly said:

We should only be fighting accounts similar to our own

If everyone only fought players they had a even chance to win, that would mean everyone would have an equal chance to have the most wins and be at the top of the leaderboard. That's illogical. And if we limit this only to VT, then everyone would have an equal chance to enter GC, as if entry to GC was a lottery.

If, on the other hand, everyone only fought players with equal *rosters* then that would be penalizing roster growth. Which is nonsensical in a game that specifically is all about roster growth.

The *perfect* competition would be one in which everyone fought literally everyone. However, that's impractical. The closest approximation to everyone facing everyone else is one where everyone faces a random sampling of everyone else, so they are statistically likely to be against competition that represents the playerbase as a whole. Because the point of a competition is not to face people exactly like you, the point of a competition is to find the strongest competitors. A "competition" where everyone only faced similar competitors is not a competition, it is speed dating.

Competitions are not about being fair to individual competitors. It is about being fair in terms of the overall competition. When we run a competitive race, the fastest runner wins. Not because it is unfair that the fastest runner faces slower runners, but rather because the point to a running competition is, in fact, to find the fastest runner. That's what it is supposed to do. If the players with stronger roster are in fact overwhelming stronger than the players with weaker roster, then they should win more and promote faster because that's what a competition is supposed to do.
    Even if it were 50/50 skill, and decision making are a factor in who wins or loses, so it's not a lottery, and i didnt mean exactly equal, its equal within reason.

It's not a competition on the grand scale,
    it's a ranked mode which is about being fair to individual competitors, you should fight people at you're skill level in a ranked system

I'll give you an idea of what that looks like, if you've ever played fortnite or apex legends the ranked system works something like this, you start at the lowest rank which is "rookie" you gain points every time you get a kill, for placement, and then winning, the higher your rank the more points it costs to enter a match, and in order to not go negative or potentially get demoted you have to earn those points back, and at the start of the next season you start in a rank based on where you finished the previous season.

So basically the higher you go the more skilled the players are, if you do not belong in that in
    Rank you are demoted, so you will almost always be fighting players at your skill level.
  • Options

Actually...I quit a bunch of fights the other day because I was overloaded on energy and couldn't play, so I just gave a bunch of people wins. So that's another reason you may have seen quits.

No, they were just that low of a level
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Wait, the premise of this post was that the "changes" didn't improve matchmaking?

That wasn't a part of it, was it?

The premise was that the changes could have made matchmaking worse

Atleast for lower accounts
This discussion has been closed.