**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why shouldn’t units get buffed too? 🤨

124»

Comments

• Options
    CapriciousCapricious Posts: 215 ★★

Huh

What part of what I just said was confusing to you?
    What is the 1:1 ratio that you mentioned?
    Basically most game have a currency system where the amount of dollars that you spend is around equal to the Virtual currency that you receive and than items that you can purchase are also that same price value. So a cavalier crystal in the game costs more than $10 a team revive costs slightly less than 5 dollars. I could also see Kabam making the $5 deal closer to 300 units. But either way $5 for around 100 units is bizarre and a terrible value for todays game
    “They called me a madman”
    Oh you still are. This is just a bump for the weekend, this isn't The New Normal
    1. We don’t know how long it’s going to be
    2. A units buff is a units buff
    3. It’s called precedent. If they can buff the units now then they can buff the units at other times as well
    4. When else would someone actually NEED the units to be buffed? “Oh they’re just buffing the units when everyone wants them the most!” I mean… okay this is still a win for the community. And could be a sign of more to come. I’m not even buying units but this makes me so happy 😊 Kabam’s done a great job this month! Peace out guys 😃😉 stay Up
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022

Huh

Basically most game have a currency system where the amount of dollars that you spend is around equal to the Virtual currency that you receive and than items that you can purchase are also that same price value. So a cavalier crystal in the game costs more than $10 a team revive costs slightly less than 5 dollars. I could also see Kabam making the $5 deal closer to 300 units. But either way $5 for around 100 units is bizarre and a terrible value for todays game
    Oh you still are. This is just a bump for the weekend, this isn't The New Normal
    3. It’s called precedent. If they can buff the units now then they can buff the units at other times as well
    4. When else would someone actually NEED the units to be buffed? “Oh they’re just buffing the units when everyone wants them the most!” I mean… okay this is still a win for the community. And could be a sign of more to come. I’m not even buying units but this makes me so happy 😊 Kabam’s done a great job this month! Peace out guys 😃😉 stay Up

Pretty sure the part of the email that says for a limited time and the fact that all the deals have timers attached to them tells me that this is not the new normal.

When we started getting the $5 deals every day regardless of progression, there was an email.

When they expanded the caps on inventories, they sent an email.

When they add or update Alliance events and their respective stores, there was an email.

And for the record this does not establish precedence. They've always given out extra items with unit packs during major holiday weekends. At no point did they ever say that these were going to be permanent additions. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they were permanent add-ons if I'm being honest but they're not, so I'm not going to pretend that thanks to some Christmas miracle, everything's forever changed.

Also, your last point changes this conversation again because all you've wanted and all that you've campaigned for is an increase to the amount of units in the bundles and you're not even spending to obtain them? So you just wanted to fundamentally change something that was ultimately a non-issue to you no matter the outcome? That makes even less sense!
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 312 ★★★
    You already have 365 day access to the unit card deal that gets you 735 units for US $5. That's already well above your completely arbitrary 1:1 ratio.

That's 14,700 units for the cost of 1 Odin

Most games already use a ratio that’s closer to a 1:1 scale. Meaning that $5 should be getting us about 400-500 units instead of 100 (135)

• Options
    hburns03hburns03 Posts: 74
    Dukenpuke said:

hburns03 said:

Dukenpuke said:

hburns03 said:

Huh

think of it as spending 5$ gets you 500 units instead of 135
    I'm sure Kabam will be more than happy to do this. Then they'll just make things that currently cost 100 units cost 500 units instead.

Problem solved?
    never said i agreed with this. guy i replied to didn’t understand what a 1:1 ratio is so that’s how i explained it
    Wasn't suggesting you did. Just using your explanation to state that the ratio is meaningless if Kabam can just adjust in-game item costs.
    if kabam were to actually increase units per dollar spent they wouldn’t increase the amount of units you need to spend for items that’s prices haven’t changed. it would make it a pointless update to unit store if it were to happen and i don’t think they’re that dumb lmao
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,160 ★★★★★
    You seem to be nonsensically farming for disagrees.
  • Options

Huh

Pretty sure the part of the email that says for a limited time and the fact that all the deals have timers attached to them tells me that this is not the new normal.

When we started getting the $5 deals every day regardless of progression, there was an email.

When they expanded the caps on inventories, they sent an email.

When they add or update Alliance events and their respective stores, there was an email.

And for the record this does not establish precedence. They've always given out extra items with unit packs during major holiday weekends. At no point did they ever say that these were going to be permanent additions. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they were permanent add-ons if I'm being honest but they're not, so I'm not going to pretend that thanks to some Christmas miracle, everything's forever changed.

Also, your last point changes this conversation again because all you've wanted and all that you've campaigned for is an increase to the amount of units in the bundles and you're not even spending to obtain them? So you just wanted to fundamentally change something that was ultimately a non-issue to you no matter the outcome? That makes even less sense!
    I’m gonna blow your mind… You can want things for other people. I won’t be playing this game for much longer. I’ve done all that I’ve wanted to do. But lots of people are still grinding. I’m at least thankful for the limited time event. And never say never on them doing it once again. What is an aberration today can always be the standard for tomorrow. But if not, than not. Also why would Kabam raise the amount of units for us to get in these bundles 🤔. Maybe it was out of the goodness of their hearts, maybe it was so they could lowball us in some other way. It’s kind of intriguing honestly I never thought that they would do it. In fact the first thing I said was “why haven’t units even been mentioned” that was a multi step request 😂
  • Options
    Now the conversation shifts dramatically to… “what are the consequences of our unit bonuses”
  • Options
    Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    this surely has to be a Guinness world record in the amount of disagrees in one thread
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Buffing the amount of units you get from purchases would only further the divide between ftp and paying players. That divide is increasing at exponential numbers as it is, I don’t think increasing it is a good idea personally. The 1:1 ratio makes absolutely no sense. Why does a completely made up economy need to mirror a real one? Just because it would make you feel better? In that case, why to the US dollar? It’s a Canadian company, or for that matter why should units not be 1:1 with a ruple or peso or yen? Just because you want it to fit your narative is the obvious answer. It’s a made up economy and personally i fell it is fine the way it is.
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    I would be happy if they raise the units from 25 to 30 in the daily task and give 5 units for the 6 hour tasks . And of course raise the arena units by 3-5 for each level . That seems more then reasonable enough
  • Options
    Snakep said:

Buffing the amount of units you get from purchases would only further the divide between ftp and paying players. That divide is increasing at exponential numbers as it is, I don’t think increasing it is a good idea personally. The 1:1 ratio makes absolutely no sense. Why does a completely made up economy need to mirror a real one? Just because it would make you feel better? In that case, why to the US dollar? It’s a Canadian company, or for that matter why should units not be 1:1 with a ruple or peso or yen? Just because you want it to fit your narative is the obvious answer. It’s a made up economy and personally i fell it is fine the way it is.

I’ve already mentioned before that the usd was not what was being equalized it was simply an example. (Although I was dealing with someone who was a troll so I might’ve caught an abuse charge) the point was that we should get more units per purchase and it should be closer to the amount that we are spending. I than explained later that Kabam’s 50% increase was exactly the kind of change I felt matched where we are currently at in the game. Although you bring up a great point about the divide between FTP and spenders but there’s really nothing we can do to fix that. However if it’s any solace many people have talked about how the distance between spenders and free to play is smaller than what people may have initially thought. It’s only around a 3 month difference and I believe this race towards 7 stars might have something to do with that. But who cares, the point is that spenders are the ultimate losers if we’re considering long term impact
  • Options
    FuriousfireFuriousfire Posts: 10

With the economy of the game changing year to year, and with units now being more of a factor in the game than ever (literally has direct control over our progression and is essential in many events including “gifting”) why haven’t we received even an Acknowledgment that the cost of the game has gone up? Because in case you haven’t noticed it has.

Most games already use a ratio that’s closer to a 1:1 scale. Meaning that $5 should be getting us about 400-500 units instead of 100 (135)

You are correct 💯. There has to be at least 1:1 ratio but this is first game I have seen where it's closer to 3:1 ratio
    But many of the members of the forum will not accept it cause it's their habit to disagree. I guarantee many of the people disagreeing are F2P so even if currency gets cheaper it won't affect them. They are like if they can't benefit from it why should mid spender get benefit
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

With the economy of the game changing year to year, and with units now being more of a factor in the game than ever (literally has direct control over our progression and is essential in many events including “gifting”) why haven’t we received even an Acknowledgment that the cost of the game has gone up? Because in case you haven’t noticed it has.

You are correct 💯. There has to be at least 1:1 ratio but this is first game I have seen where it's closer to 3:1 ratio
    But many of the members of the forum will not accept it cause it's their habit to disagree. I guarantee many of the people disagreeing are F2P so even if currency gets cheaper it won't affect them. They are like if they can't benefit from it why should mid spender get benefit
    The ratio is pretty arbitrary if you think about it. It’s just a number kabam have decided. If $1 got you 100 units instead of $5 getting you ~100 units, then everything that you could buy with units would just be a higher number of units to purchase.

Instead of buying a Cavalier crystal with 200 units, it would be 1000 units. Because Cavalier crystals are calculated at around that cost.
  • Options

The ratio is pretty arbitrary if you think about it. It’s just a number kabam have decided. If $1 got you 100 units instead of $5 getting you ~100 units, then everything that you could buy with units would just be a higher number of units to purchase.

Instead of buying a Cavalier crystal with 200 units, it would be 1000 units. Because Cavalier crystals are calculated at around that cost.
    Dang… Well than I look forward to spending 320 units on paragon crystals. My apologies everyone, take care 🫱🏾‍🫲🏻
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    Kabam always ends up doing things the worng way. If they even decide to buff units availablity or introduce new quest to grind units, either the quest will be tough, or the unit amount still wont satisfy us, plus it even endangers the fact that arena crystals provide units better than any other in game mode or crystals, so arena crystals may get nerfed too
  • Options
    Necromancy is forbidden
  • Options

Necromancy is forbidden

My sincerest apologies. Won’t happen again
  • Options
    Necromancy is forbidden

Necromancy is forbidden

I can’t be mad with a smile like that
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Necromancy is forbidden

But pray tell, what possessed you to call yourself a dumbass
  • Options
    FuriousfireFuriousfire Posts: 10

Are you for real the current price is already too much overpriced given the fact that 99% of rewards are RNG based
    To give an example for $99 you will get enough units to open only 10 featured cav crystals and what are chances of getting 6* 🤣 I remember opening 10 featured cav once all were just 3*-4* not even single 5*
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Are you for real the current price is already too much overpriced given the fact that 99% of rewards are RNG based
    To give an example for $99 you will get enough units to open only 10 featured cav crystals and what are chances of getting 6* 🤣 I remember opening 10 featured cav once all were just 3*-4* not even single 5*
    Whether a Cav crystal is worth that much to you is a separate debate, and my point wasn't just about Cavs - by focussing on that you're not seeing the forest for the trees. Any single thing you use units for would be multiplied by whatever change to the ratio is made.

Mastery items, arena refreshes, offers, anything like that would all be changed because the ratio of $:Units is absolutely arbitrary in this context
This discussion has been closed.