**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds matchmaking

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Not sure about that one as a general rule. I've lost to a few Cavs that were pretty stiff competition. The Titles are not a be-all end-all.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Coppin said:

Graves_3 said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

If people spent time doing content instead of complaining they would probably get to Paragon pretty fast...
    Also UCs with 6*s, Cavs with multiple r3s getting "bad matches" is quite a bit satisfying

Cavs with multiple r3s are getting the same matches Paragons with multiple r3s get. At all tiers.
    You always argue that the rewards are not the same, and UC/Cav don't compete for the same rewards...well if a Cav has multiple r3s its their own fault they are not able to buy at least TB items...
    The matches would be the same regardless..
    It is because matches are same that I argue for same rewards. To me, it doesn't make sense that one has to do something outside BG to access the same rewards as their peers do in BG, while competing at the same level.

The link to story progression made sense when there were fewer content options to spend energy on. With the game becoming broader, there should be more paths to progress than just one.
    If matches are the same due to rosters being similar to a TB its their own fault they are not TB..
    This is the argument i had for a long time.. Cavs with over inflated accounts for a Cav player, not doing content and complaining about "tough" matches against TBs when they have a TB account .. and then saying "well the rewards are not the same" .. they would be if they did the content...
    U argue the same reward due to matches being the same but they didn't do the same content did they?
    And having a competition between 4 progression levels (season 9 will be 5) doesnt make sense from the get go.. they should have done 2 Bgs UC/Cav and TB/Paragon.
    Also the reward store gates are made so players push and get better rewards, not use it as a sole source of roster development
    They will argue next to open featured arena for proven summoners. Why can’t they have a shot at grinding for a six star featured champ? Why should story mode progression hold them back.
    They did already when Arena changed its format...
    I was being facetious. In any case basic and featured arenas unlock at UC. Prior to that people only have access to the summoner trials.
    I know but I'm telling u they did complain in the past cause they couldnt get 4 or 5* anymore... 🤷
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 424 ★★★
    Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

If people spent time doing content instead of complaining they would probably get to Paragon pretty fast...
    Also UCs with 6*s, Cavs with multiple r3s getting "bad matches" is quite a bit satisfying

Cavs with multiple r3s are getting the same matches Paragons with multiple r3s get. At all tiers.
    You always argue that the rewards are not the same, and UC/Cav don't compete for the same rewards...well if a Cav has multiple r3s its their own fault they are not able to buy at least TB items...
    It is because matches are same that I argue for same rewards. To me, it doesn't make sense that one has to do something outside BG to access the same rewards as their peers do in BG, while competing at the same level.

The link to story progression made sense when there were fewer content options to spend energy on. With the game becoming broader, there should be more paths to progress than just one.
    If matches are the same due to rosters being similar to a TB its their own fault they are not TB..
    This is the argument i had for a long time.. Cavs with over inflated accounts for a Cav player, not doing content and complaining about "tough" matches against TBs when they have a TB account .. and then saying "well the rewards are not the same" .. they would be if they did the content...
    U argue the same reward due to matches being the same but they didn't do the same content did they?
    And having a competition between 4 progression levels (season 9 will be 5) doesnt make sense from the get go.. they should have done 2 Bgs UC/Cav and TB/Paragon.
    Also the reward store gates are made so players push and get better rewards, not use it as a sole source of roster development
    There are always people who don't do some content. They don't get punished in other content for making that choice.

People who don't do AW don't get lesser items in Arena. If you chose to do AQ, it doesn't affect you in Incursions. Your AW rewards are not limited by story progression. BG is closer to AW than any other mode, they could have used the same rewards template instead of a progression restricted store.

In BG launch announcement, there was a suggestion that players should now expect to make choices on which modes they want to devote time to. I think it was a perfect opportunity to provide players with different progression paths.
    Tell me a SOLO content where they don't get punished...
    Because you talk about being punished.. but they do benefit from MOST alliance contents...
    4 Different progression levels in the same competition is ridiculous, and if its gonna be ridiculous the ones benefitting from it should be the top not the bottom, because they put the work.
    Kabam already said it . If u got high on VT or even GC as a UC or Cav, start working on your roster cause that won't happen anymore... The difficulty shift at Plat is the perfect example..
    Arena. Incursions.

Only place you are restricted is EQ and SQ. It isn't as egregious as BG is. EQ is the only one that is progression gated, so it's binary not like you can do TB EQ but get lower rewards for it. SQ changes from time to time. There have been a lot of SQs even recently where you could get all the rewards if you could complete the content, irrespective of progression.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Just do the freaking story and rank your champs. It's really not hard. At all.

Stop complaining.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

There are always people who don't do some content. They don't get punished in other content for making that choice.

People who don't do AW don't get lesser items in Arena. If you chose to do AQ, it doesn't affect you in Incursions. Your AW rewards are not limited by story progression. BG is closer to AW than any other mode, they could have used the same rewards template instead of a progression restricted store.

In BG launch announcement, there was a suggestion that players should now expect to make choices on which modes they want to devote time to. I think it was a perfect opportunity to provide players with different progression paths.
    Because you talk about being punished.. but they do benefit from MOST alliance contents...
    4 Different progression levels in the same competition is ridiculous, and if its gonna be ridiculous the ones benefitting from it should be the top not the bottom, because they put the work.
    Kabam already said it . If u got high on VT or even GC as a UC or Cav, start working on your roster cause that won't happen anymore... The difficulty shift at Plat is the perfect example..
    Arena. Incursions.

Only place you are restricted is EQ and SQ. It isn't as egregious as BG is. EQ is the only one that is progression gated, so it's binary not like you can do TB EQ but get lower rewards for it. SQ changes from time to time. There have been a lot of SQs even recently where you could get all the rewards if you could complete the content, irrespective of progression.
    Incursion is gated to roster...U can't do the top sector if u don't qualify
    Arena is point based on roster too.. more 6-7* more points....
  • Options

Just do the freaking story and rank your champs. It's really not hard. At all.

Stop complaining.

U forgot to mention the part to unlock the store items they so called deserved for fighting similar opponents..
    The question is not why am i not getting the same rewards as TB if I am beating TBs in BGs ..
    The question is WHY THEY ARE NOT TB.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Arena. Incursions.

We are talking about rewards being gated by progression, right? None of those modes do that.

All I said is story progression should not be a determinant of what rewards you get in another mode. If "Cavs with over inflated accounts for a Cav player", as you put it, can compete in BG they should be eligible for the same rewards the people they are beating have access to.

You said it's their fault that they didn't do story content. My point is story content should not be relevant to BG rewards. You asked which other SOLO content doesn't gate rewards by story progression. Well, Arena and Incursions don't.
  • Options
    Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Arena. Incursions.

We are talking about rewards being gated by progression, right? None of those modes do that.

All I said is story progression should not be a determinant of what rewards you get in another mode. If "Cavs with over inflated accounts for a Cav player", as you put it, can compete in BG they should be eligible for the same rewards the people they are beating have access to.

You said it's their fault that they didn't do story content. My point is story content should not be relevant to BG rewards. You asked which other SOLO content doesn't gate rewards by story progression. Well, Arena and Incursions don't.
    Then matchmaking shouldn't be relevant either and BG should be a dog eat dog competition
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Arena. Incursions.

Then matchmaking shouldn't be relevant either and BG should be a dog eat dog competition
    Matchmaking isn't by progression title. As I said, Cavs with multiple r3s are facing Paragons right from the start. Isn't that what started this chain of discussion? You said
    Coppin said:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Arena. Incursions.

Matchmaking isn't by progression title. As I said, Cavs with multiple r3s are facing Paragons right from the start. Isn't that what started this chain of discussion? You said
    Coppin said:

Wrong, they are facing Paragons mostly from Plat...and that was the start of the discussion
    Up to then they face similar rosters, that's how they even get to Plat, by being catered similar matches
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Arena. Incursions.

Coppin said:

Wrong, they are facing Paragons mostly from Plat...and that was the start of the discussion
    Up to then they face similar rosters, that's how they even get to Plat, by being catered similar matches
    Similar rosters, not similar titles.

If you have a decent 6-star roster, it is fairly common to have to face people with 6r5 and 7 stars in their decks. I'm assuming at least some of them are Paragons.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★
    Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Arena. Incursions.

Coppin said:

If you have a decent 6-star roster, it is fairly common to have to face people with 6r5 and 7 stars in their decks. I'm assuming at least some of them are Paragons.
    Decent 6 star roster does not equal decent ranked up 6 star roster. I will challenge you to find a 15-16k prestige account who is still a cavalier. Until then the argument is pure hypothetical.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Why deal with facts when it's much easier to argue hypotheticals?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Stature said:

Coppin said:

Arena. Incursions.

Coppin said:

A 6* roster is not even close to a Paragon roster....
    U can't have it all.. U wanna face similar rosters.. you get a progression based get store and a "cap" of how far u get...
    U want the same rewards.. u fight everyone from the start...
    Your argument is that matchmaking is not progression based.. its roster... Thats why the store should be open to everyone...
    Well if they got a roster similar to TB they should be TB...and unlock their "deserved" rewards..
    Also u keep on argueing that its not progression based.. its roster.. well yeah.. further progression also means better roster most likely...
    Now what is more likely? That Cav players get to plat by beating Paragons or Stronger rosters or by being catered easier or equal matches?.. Cause there are a lot of Paragons still in the lower tiers ..and I would believe there are more Cavs than Paragons.. which means if they werent catered all Paragons should have moved up before Cavs
    And if u got a "decent 6* roster" u shouldn't be Cav in the first place and complain about the store gates..
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Decent 6 star roster does not equal decent ranked up 6 star roster. I will challenge you to find a 15-16k prestige account who is still a cavalier. Until then the argument is pure hypothetical.

Do Paragons with 12K prestige get lower rewards than Paragons with 16K prestige?
    Coppin said:

Agree, this is how it should be.

But you don't get the same rewards. So a compromise on the matchmaking is ok, so that everyone has a decent playing experience.

• Options
    I will agree on the subject that it is a compromise..
    Therefore people shouldn't complain about it... BECAUSE ITS A COMPROMISE
  • Options
    zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115
    DNA3000 said:

zaspacer said:

Years after its release, Hearthstone's Ranked was changed to "help players progress in the ladder without having to grind as much, while still making most matches fair." Battlegrounds can learn from this.

Or, they can implement ranked seasonal restarts, which tackles similar problems in a different way and Kabam has stated they are already working on.
    DNA3000 said:

MCOC Team said:

Season Reset

Every season, all players start at the bottom of the VT, leading to a gigantic mismatched pool of Summoners and a long grind for those who play for the Gladiator’s Circuit every month. To address this, our plan is to seed players to start the season. We are working on a system that will allow us to seed players based on where they finished the season before. We also need tech that will allow Summoners to earn the rewards for the VT ranks below where they are seeded. Both of these tech solutions are being worked on right now, but we don’t currently have an ETA. It will not be for at least a few seasons.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/330745/battlegrounds-addressing-concerns-and-future-improvements-dev-diary/p1

While I was unfamiliar with the term "ranked seasonal restarts" and sought clarification. Now that I have clarified its intended meaning, I can relate I feel pretty familiar with the concept and certain aspects of its impact over time on the older Hearthstone Ranked system.

Including Hearthstone not having such a system, then adding such a system while still in the older Hearthstone Ranked system. Before then overhauling to the Star Bonus thing I mentioned for the new (current) Hearthstone Ranked system.

All that said, I don't play Hearthstone anymore and have not played or really tracked much of this current Star Bonus system. So I have no idea how it affects things outside of mostly just theory concepting. Also, Hearthstone was already fairly (subjectively) dumpster fire across much of the game even before I left (even when they had some fun and innovate stuff, they often lit it on fire), which really should make me more hesitant to embrace an unfamiliar system created during their dumpster fire era.

Consequently, I gotta conclude I don't know with any real certainty which system is best to use. If I were in charge of design for it, I'd probably do more research and testing, and brainstorming and testing, and figure out what was what before I committed to any of that as game design implementation.

One perk I saw in the Bonus Star system was that it does require players to do some measure of play to unlock rewards each month. Whereas a bye system lets players either (a) lock in monthly rewards to then not need to put in time, or (b) players can slide back out of the byes at which time they are trolling lowbies again.
    DNA3000 said:

Here's an interesting question: why did Heathstone use the match system they did for so long? Is Kabam ten times smarter than Hearthstone's developers for tackling similar issues that much faster?

Mankind took thousands of years to invent the wheel. Hot Wheels did it on day one. Is Hot Wheels thousands of times smarter than mankind?

I suppose it depends on your metric.

On a side note, but one related to matchmaking. I find Gladiator's Circuit's rewards system to include elements that can disincentivize playing. Specifically, because you can't lock in the highest Reward Tier you've hit. So at some point, if you think you've hit a higher tier than you're likely to be able to keep if you were to keep playing, you're incentivized to stop playing... unless your rank shifts during the season in a way that others pass you and you slide back down.

Seems silly to have a mode that incentivizes people not to play it. And that means of course it will affect matchmaking as well, because fewer people in the pool means a greater number of mismatches.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

I will agree on the subject that it is a compromise..
    Therefore people shouldn't complain about it... BECAUSE ITS A COMPROMISE

Can you imagine forums where people didn't complain? Think of how many more posts @DNA3000 would have to write to keep up the activity levels.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,798 ★★★★★

TB and can't get out of Gold III. :D:|:(

Gold II now. B)
    Just reached Gold I. :|
    Aha …

B)B)B)

:D

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    Stature said:

Graves_3 said:

Do Paragons with 12K prestige get lower rewards than Paragons with 16K prestige?
    Coppin said:

Agree, this is how it should be.

But you don't get the same rewards. So a compromise on the matchmaking is ok, so that everyone has a decent playing experience.

I think Kabam should have began to ease off prestige matchmaking in BG once a player gets into Gold in VT, instead of Plat currently.

But whatever it is, I’m glad the changes were made.

Those who participate get Plat rewards, those who are more advanced than that blaze through Plat into GC (on a 30 fight win streak since getting to Plat).
  • Options
    PsyloGettiPsyloGetti Posts: 2
    edited November 2023
    Sean_Who said:

Some people suck and their rosters are not a reflection of skill – 

That would be me! lol.