**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam has made it crystal clear

MikeHancho31MikeHancho31 Posts: 247 ★★★
edited June 2023 in General Discussion
They don't care if you cheat. TCN at #1 is a joke.

Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    Atomic_atomic1Atomic_atomic1 Posts: 20
    BgBar and 4BGSs deserve top 5. Simple as that
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Keonex said:

Okay, this is going in all different directions.
    First of all, the Leaderboard isn't always a reflection of whatever actions have been taken.
    Secondly, they don't "allow" cheating based on spending. I wish that conspiracy would die.
    Thirdly, you can't assume every Member is cheating if one or some are caught. There is certainly room for debate in relation to removing their Alliance Points if they're caught, but this idea that they cheated here and used it there etc...isn't something that can be addressed in any kind of specific manner. That's a game of Clue.
    I understand that people are upset that a permanent ban isn't the first response, but let's wait for more information before we scream fire.

if the leaderboards was a true reflection then my alliance would have been higher, we ranked 4th.

so your wrong

it definitely hurts us legit players that play the game honestly when an alliance known to be cheaters places higher than yours.

what message is Kabam sending when the number 1 ranked alliance is known cheaters
    I mean the actions on individual Accounts.
    Do you know that the entire Alliance is cheating, or just one or some individuals?
  • Options

Keonex said:

First of all, the Leaderboard isn't always a reflection of whatever actions have been taken.
    Secondly, they don't "allow" cheating based on spending. I wish that conspiracy would die.
    Thirdly, you can't assume every Member is cheating if one or some are caught. There is certainly room for debate in relation to removing their Alliance Points if they're caught, but this idea that they cheated here and used it there etc...isn't something that can be addressed in any kind of specific manner. That's a game of Clue.
    I understand that people are upset that a permanent ban isn't the first response, but let's wait for more information before we scream fire.

if the leaderboards was a true reflection then my alliance would have been higher, we ranked 4th.

so your wrong

it definitely hurts us legit players that play the game honestly when an alliance known to be cheaters places higher than yours.

what message is Kabam sending when the number 1 ranked alliance is known cheaters
    Do you know that the entire Alliance is cheating, or just one or some individuals?
    If I knew my kid was stealing money from someone and putting it into the family pot would I be in the clear? Or should I have done something to make sure that doesn’t continue? I cannot kick my kid out of our family, but those known cheaters should be kicked from a “prestigious” alliance…
    The problem with that theory is it opens an entire precedent of auditing every Account in these cases.
  • Options

Keonex said:

so your wrong

If I knew my kid was stealing money from someone and putting it into the family pot would I be in the clear? Or should I have done something to make sure that doesn’t continue? I cannot kick my kid out of our family, but those known cheaters should be kicked from a “prestigious” alliance…
    The problem with that theory is it opens an entire precedent of auditing every Account in these cases.
    Bottom line. These players shouldn’t be allowed back into these alliances by the group or by Kabam. There has to be some form of punishment that deters cheating, not provide a cushioned landing and motivation to repeat said practices. Don’t try to make this more than it should be at a very baseline level.
    How do you control that? That's an in-house issue.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Keonex said:

so your wrong

How are you still treating this like it's a conspiracy theory? They just banned 300 players for doing what everyone already knew for years, botting every champ in the game. Many of these teams lost a third to two thirds of their players. Their entire teams are dirty including anyone who still plays in them and the temp bans were a joke.
    They banned people for botting in the Arena they were caught in. That's my point.
    I never said it was a conspiracy theory. For the record, I could care less if they were wiped from the game. I'm not pro-cheater.
    What I'm pointing out is that actions have to fit within the criteria of what's appropriate for the situation you're looking at, and action that is derived from "A + B + C = D" is not the same. One is workable, one isn't.
  • Options

Keonex said:

so your wrong

How are you still treating this like it's a conspiracy theory? They just banned 300 players for doing what everyone already knew for years, botting every champ in the game. Many of these teams lost a third to two thirds of their players. Their entire teams are dirty including anyone who still plays in them and the temp bans were a joke.
    They banned people for botting in the Arena they were caught in. That's my point.
    I never said it was a conspiracy theory. For the record, I could care less if they were wiped from the game. I'm not pro-cheater.
    What I'm pointing out is that actions have to fit within the criteria of what's appropriate for the situation you're looking at, and action that is derived from "A + B + C = D" is not the same. One is workable, one isn't.
    You can't have amnesia while working out a punishment because they would have been banned on the previous 50 arenas too.

If you're a business and you find out a well-organized crew has been secretly lifting your products for years, would you let them back? Or would you treat it like a one-time occurrence made by a naive kid? Kabam did the latter.

I'm good with second chances but if you copy-paste what everyone else has to work hard for, what's the point of playing then?
    You're going on the whole "for years" narrative, and maybe you're right. Maybe Kabam even has some awareness of it. You still have to put a stake in the road and start somewhere, and there's a process to it. The good news is if they're foolish enough to do it again, it's only a matter of time. What becomes increasingly difficult to do is say "You cheated here. We assume you cheated everywhere else. We're going to bypass the warning process and ban you completely, then wipe any progress you've made anywhere.".
    It's difficult for a number of reasons. First of all, that takes data to back up, and that takes time to gather. The further back you go, the longer it takes. Now, they may have even started some kind of retroactive process of investigating. That has happened in the past. I do not know. However, it's not always as easy as just waving the ban hammer.
    Also, there's an entire process to unraveling everything they did with whatever spoils they got and undoing it. That would take a large amount of time.
    Also, there's a process for a reason. It's not a permanent immediate ban for a reason. You either have faith in the system or you don't. Just like people either have faith in the legal system or they don't. For the most part, I do.