**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

People tanking in battlegrounds

Comments

• Options
    PikokPikok Posts: 131 ★★
    Imagine similar manipulating in AW. Oh yeah we had that :smile: Kabam could avoid all of that if they not mess with matchmaking. Hope they will not mess another change in bg matchmaking in season 10.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,250 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Smaller Accounts are a part of the competition, whether you agree with it or not. That ship has sailed.
    As they are there, it's not reasonable to bash them around Bronze every Season and tell them "Tough!".

Its not fair that I am sweating matches between 17-18k Prestiege all the way to Plat either while others are limited to fight Conqueros, UC and Cav...
    You said it yourself.. you are in Diamond... Had trouble other seasons.. this has been strange match ups... I honestly don't know if you would have made it out of Plat with a 13k prestiege roster... And I am not poking, I am seriously not doing that... But if people didn't send smaller accounts it might have been tough for a lot of accounts to even reach Diamond.. specially in this season that engages the largest pool of people...
    I'm a couple Wins away from the GC. I earned it with my share of Losses, but I'm not just coming up against 13k Prestige opponents either. Some lower, some higher, been beaten by lower, beaten Players higher than me....it's really varied to be honest.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Smaller Accounts are a part of the competition, whether you agree with it or not. That ship has sailed.
    As they are there, it's not reasonable to bash them around Bronze every Season and tell them "Tough!".

Its not fair that I am sweating matches between 17-18k Prestiege all the way to Plat either while others are limited to fight Conqueros, UC and Cav...
    You said it yourself.. you are in Diamond... Had trouble other seasons.. this has been strange match ups... I honestly don't know if you would have made it out of Plat with a 13k prestiege roster... And I am not poking, I am seriously not doing that... But if people didn't send smaller accounts it might have been tough for a lot of accounts to even reach Diamond.. specially in this season that engages the largest pool of people...
    I'm a couple Wins away from the GC. I earned it with my share of Losses, but I'm not just coming up against 13k Prestige opponents either. Some lower, some higher, been beaten by lower, beaten Players higher than me....it's really varied to be honest.
    I am not questioning if you earned it not...
    Truth is farmers have sent a ton of accounts into Diamond or even GC...so u might have benefitted from this issue as well.. I dont see you opening a ticket asking to return the rewards from advancing from beating a few smaller accounts...once again not poking at you... Facing bigger accounts is a given for any other season.. smaller in diamond not so much...
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Truth is farmers have sent a ton of accounts into Diamond or even GC...so u might have benefitted from this issue as well.. I dont see you opening a ticket asking to return the rewards from advancing from beating a few smaller accounts...once again not poking at you... Facing bigger accounts is a given for any other season.. smaller in diamond not so much...
    I've experienced maybe 2 Forfeits that had larger Accounts. Given the option, I'd take them back. No question. I can wait.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

I've experienced maybe 2 Forfeits that had larger Accounts. Given the option, I'd take them back. No question. I can wait.
    Im not talking about people forfeiting to you.. i'm talking about the wins you had against lower accounts... They wouldnt have been there in the first place unless some people send them up...
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Im not talking about people forfeiting to you.. i'm talking about the wins you had against lower accounts... They wouldnt have been there in the first place unless some people send them up...
    I think you'll find they're better than you think they are.
  • Options
    There's nothing rational about faking a spot to take advantage of weaker Players and mess the system up, just because they're afraid of taking their Losses like everyone else.
  • Options

There's nothing rational about faking a spot to take advantage of weaker Players and mess the system up, just because they're afraid of taking their Losses like everyone else.

Their road to Plat is fake...

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Then why are there so many 10k-12k accounts complaining about facing 15k+ accounts...
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Then why are there so many 10k-12k accounts complaining about facing 15k+ accounts...
    I'd barely say so many. There have been a few that have come to the Forum, sure.
    If there's one thing I've learned over the years online, it's that someone will always have a complaint.
    Also, the road to Plat is not fake.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

I'd barely say so many. There have been a few that have come to the Forum, sure.
    If there's one thing I've learned over the years online, it's that someone will always have a complaint.
    Seeing how a difficult time they have after they reach Plat is fake... Is not in the spirit of competition... The spirit of competition is competing against the odds, not nerfing your way so you can collect rewards...
  • Options
    Matt123Matt123 Posts: 29
    I get more upset with AW rating manipulation when alliances have a separate shell alliance.

For battleground tanking, Kabam incentivized score versus moving up in GC. With VC and GC also offering the same points for a win, there’s no incentive to risk losing elder marks in GC. Especially after the July 4th whale event.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Seeing how a difficult time they have after they reach Plat is fake... Is not in the spirit of competition... The spirit of competition is competing against the odds, not nerfing your way so you can collect rewards...
    Okay. Let's have it your way.
    Make it random in Bronze 3. See how long people keep playing it.
    You can't include lower Players in a game mode and tell them they just have to deal with being slaughtered at the onset.
    I don't care what your justification is. That's not a fair start.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,313 ★★★★
    Where was that? My first match in battleground and I face a paragon summoner, who clearly has better roster than me.. I just try to play to get the few wins and that's it but it sure is a damper getting matched with someone strong out of the gate.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

You can't include lower Players in a game mode and tell them they just have to deal with being slaughtered at the onset.
    Gladiator circuit players should begin in at least gold the next season. Let the peasants scrape through bronze and silver. Expedite these modest rewards to the players who earn them, because solo event rewards kinda stink, and save us some trouble.
  • Options

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

I said it 100 times.. its either fair a 100% or its not fair at all..
    You cant have fair until Plat and then unfair...
    Its either fair all the way thru or its not...
    I know u don't care what my justification is... That's why u twist a term such as Fairness your way.. unfortunately Fairness doesn't have interpretations... It has no gray areas.. Fair is black or white
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

I wish I could display the big red X from Family Feud and have a buzzer sound on the forum.

Let’s say you’re an uncollected player. Maybe you accrued some elder marks from past seasons but didn’t play much, because…why bother?

You’ve progressed a bit. Now you can grind to 400,000 and get yourself a 6-star nexus AND a class nexus AND 25,000 shards and that’s just from the last four milestones.

Those milestones are more important than all 0-300,000 milestones combined. You should’ve stopped in gold. Also, they won’t “take their losses like everyone else.” They’ll take a disproportionate number of losses because they’re outmanned and burn all their marks.
    You're suggesting everyone tank in the system and not only calling it fair, but also smart.
    Let that sink in.
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

I know u don't care what my justification is... That's why u twist a term such as Fairness your way.. unfortunately Fairness doesn't have interpretations... It has no gray areas.. Fair is black or white
    You still don't get it do you. It's not "fair" to throw the lowest Players in the first Bracket and let them be food for people doing garbage like this, as if that's going to be a better system.
    You and I have very different ideas about what's fair. Keeping them from getting any Wins at the gate is not fair. It's a bully system.
    No one is going to play a game mode they have absolutely no success in from the start. You might as well get over the idea that they shouldn't be there and they should have their own system because that's not feasible, and we've been over it ad nauseum. So what we have is a system that is fair "enough" for everyone.
    You can be as judgmental as you like about how easy you think they're getting the Matches, but that's an exaggeration. Plain and simple. I can name 100 games that give a starting point until the results take over. That's about as fair as it gets.
    This ignorant mentality that says "Git Gud. Go work on your Roster. You can't hang." is as outdated as people taking advantage of the system.
    The only entitlement I see is the people who feel entitled to use newer Players as Trophy food from the start.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

TyEdge said:

I wish I could display the big red X from Family Feud and have a buzzer sound on the forum.

Let’s say you’re an uncollected player. Maybe you accrued some elder marks from past seasons but didn’t play much, because…why bother?

You’ve progressed a bit. Now you can grind to 400,000 and get yourself a 6-star nexus AND a class nexus AND 25,000 shards and that’s just from the last four milestones.

Those milestones are more important than all 0-300,000 milestones combined. You should’ve stopped in gold. Also, they won’t “take their losses like everyone else.” They’ll take a disproportionate number of losses because they’re outmanned and burn all their marks.
    You're suggesting everyone tank in the system and not only calling it fair, but also smart.
    Let that sink in.
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

You still don't get it do you. It's not "fair" to throw the lowest Players in the first Bracket and let them be food for people doing garbage like this, as if that's going to be a better system.
    You and I have very different ideas about what's fair. Keeping them from getting any Wins at the gate is not fair. It's a bully system.
    No one is going to play a game mode they have absolutely no success in from the start. You might as well get over the idea that they shouldn't be there and they should have their own system because that's not feasible, and we've been over it ad nauseum. So what we have is a system that is fair "enough" for everyone.
    You can be as judgmental as you like about how easy you think they're getting the Matches, but that's an exaggeration. Plain and simple. I can name 100 games that give a starting point until the results take over. That's about as fair as it gets.
    This ignorant mentality that says "Git Gud. Go work on your Roster. You can't hang." is as outdated as people taking advantage of the system.
    The only entitlement I see is the people who feel entitled to use newer Players as Trophy food from the start.
    So what next?.. give them an easy pass to GC?... And then pair them with similar rosters in GC so they can get to celestial?
    Its not about getting good, it is about working their roster and progressing before COMPETING IN A PVP MODE.
    BG has been nerfed to the ground... Made EASY for small accounts to climb to a virtual cut off... If they are being farmed there so be it.. they weren't gonna advance anyway cause that's the cut off...
    Ignorance? Ignorance is not knowing where one is standing and expecting more...
    Really UC/Cav are the 3rd and 4th progression level.. why is it every season they expect to get higher?.. Why can't they accept they need to work on their accounts?
  • Options
    That's totally an exaggeration.
    You've been present all along for these discussions. You know the points I've made. There has to be something preventing extreme differences at the start of the competition. It hasn't been nerfed to the ground.
    It's ridiculous that people get pious about not being able to peck off Accounts that have 9k Prestige or less in Bronze, when they complain about coming up against 2k difference in their own Matches.
    I'm done going over and over this. We've done this before. You can't place them in the competition at the start and just pummel them. There is no "Work on your Roster." that will change gaps like we have.
    Like it or not, BGs is the new progression mode. People have to have a piece of the pie. Some more than others, sure. I've played strong both last Season and this Season, and ain't no one getting a free ride.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I don't understand your problem though..
    You advocate for smaller accounts.. they are being sent up to higher tiers...they are getting wins...
    And being pecked off is an exageration.
    1- Queuing with elder marks in Plat doesnt mean the player automatically gets an easy account to play.
    2- Smaller accounts are getting wins
    3- People who usually would struggle in Diamond are getting easy matches cause those small accounts were pushed up...
    I got to say.. you make a TON of contradicting arguments...
    1- Just because the milestones are there doesn't mean everyone is entitled; but at the same time you support VT sheltered matches up to Plat.. I will give you the same response.. Just because the VT rewards are there, it doesn't mean every account should get them..
    2- I would be surprised about the skills on some of those smaller accounts... The forum is filled with "unfair matchmaking" making posts.. if their skill is so surprising they wouldn't need the catered system.
    3- You want small progression accounts to get some rewards.. they are getting more than they could earn while being farmed...
    4- The unending argument of same rewards.. well guess what? This season they are getting the same milestone rewards.. no progression gates.. The insane thought that Conquerors can get r4 materials, nexus 6* and even class nexus...
    5- Spirit of competition, there is a huge difference between participating and competing, and as i said before the so called "spirit of competition" is not about rewards is about competing against the odds, which is totally negated by the shelter system. This confirms my unending argument.. its not about participating, its not about playing, its not about enjoyment. Its about rewards and doing something just for rewards has nothing to do with "spirit of competition"

You are only looking at the tanking as OMG poor fellas are getting farmed in a tier they are set to lose ANYWAY...
    You might think you didn't get a free ride.. I could argue that some lower accounts were sent to diamond and you benefit from that..
  • Options
    Coppin said:

I don't understand your problem though..
    You advocate for smaller accounts.. they are being sent up to higher tiers...they are getting wins...
    And being pecked off is an exageration.
    1- Queuing with elder marks in Plat doesnt mean the player automatically gets an easy account to play.
    2- Smaller accounts are getting wins
    3- People who usually would struggle in Diamond are getting easy matches cause those small accounts were pushed up...
    I got to say.. you make a TON of contradicting arguments...
    1- Just because the milestones are there doesn't mean everyone is entitled; but at the same time you support VT sheltered matches up to Plat.. I will give you the same response.. Just because the VT rewards are there, it doesn't mean every account should get them..
    2- I would be surprised about the skills on some of those smaller accounts... The forum is filled with "unfair matchmaking" making posts.. if their skill is so surprising they wouldn't need the catered system.
    3- You want small progression accounts to get some rewards.. they are getting more than they could earn while being farmed...
    4- The unending argument of same rewards.. well guess what? This season they are getting the same milestone rewards.. no progression gates.. The insane thought that Conquerors can get r4 materials, nexus 6* and even class nexus...
    5- Spirit of competition, there is a huge difference between participating and competing, and as i said before the so called "spirit of competition" is not about rewards is about competing against the odds, which is totally negated by the shelter system. This confirms my unending argument.. its not about participating, its not about playing, its not about enjoyment. Its about rewards and doing something just for rewards has nothing to do with "spirit of competition"

You are only looking at the tanking as OMG poor fellas are getting farmed in a tier they are set to lose ANYWAY...
    You might think you didn't get a free ride.. I could argue that some lower accounts were sent to diamond and you benefit from that..

I said I'm done going over and over it. In fact, I said it's probably best we let it go because we have different views on the subject. I'm leaving it at that.
  • Options
    I've made my points, here and in a number of Threads. I'm not going to participate in an exercise of twisting my words.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,307 ★★★★★
    This thread be like
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

This is as much cheating as getting milestone points during Hero Use auto burning energy in RTLL with 7*s...

No, it's not the same. I'm not calling it cheating, because that's a bit of a rabbit hole, but it's not healthy. When you have a game mode with a Tiered system like this, what you do affects the whole chain of progress. When you have Players faking their level out to take out weaker Players, you're skewing the results, both for the Players getting a bye, and for the Players being taken advantage of. It's not good.
    When you're talking about Hero Use, you're not affecting other Players in a Ranked competition. You're coming up against permanent content.
    Are we gonna get on this endless conversation again?...
    Cause if the system was flawless and the spirit of competition was enforced Conq/UC/Cav would have never gotten to Plat...
    Also they are getting screwed on rank rewards on my example.
    Tanking is also benefitting smaller accounts.. some are being pushed upper tiers they would never be able to reach.. (which means more rewards)
    It's not benefitting anyone. It's passing every other Fight along to be bait for the next person. It's garbage tactics.
    What of the people genuinely trying to play and advance? Should they just wait weeks because some shady Players want a few 7* Shards?
    No one is benefitting from this other than the people milking it. It's self-serving all-around.
    Its funny cause u got small accounts complaining about how the matchmaking system is at plat, and they can't even do objectives once they reached... and now they can 🤷
    I wouldn't call it a garbage tactice since the matching system is garbage from the get go...
    Just a few 7* shards... U should look at all the mileston rewards.. its not "Just" 7* its 6* shards, r4 and r5 mats open to ALL PROGRESSIONS.
    It's garbage.
    I have no issues with people complaining. It's understandable, but I've also taken the time to point out It's how the system should be at this point. Let them complain about the adjustment. They'll get used to it once they're aware that's how it is.
    What I don't condone is people manipulating the system. That leads to many more issues than just someone unhappy they're in the shark tank in Plat.
    You are always advocating about their ability to ne engaged and get some rewards... At plat they would probably have a 20% win rate.. making the ability to get points towards milestone rewards almost unreachable.. this way they get a chance to really good rewards that are not even gated to progression.. U will see UC with R4 mats...
    The system so far is garbage and it has been garbage since season 2...I don't see any manipulation when the system has been manipulated during 7 seasons
    I was, and still am, vocal about letting Players start out with a chance of winning. Which is exactly what I'm defending. The system allows them to have a modicum of success in the first few Brackets, and still maintains the spirit of a real competition.
    Without that, this kind of thing would be happening in Bronze, and they'd never get anywhere.
    The system hasn't been manipulated. It's been protected from manipulating.
    If it was a real competition, there would be no matchmaking parameters outside of each player's current tier.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Perfect, give them their own BGs with much lesser rewards.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    Maybe the point system in VT will be adjusted so people aren't farming in the future. No point in sticking around VT if it doesn't award the points GC does. Then again, it's going on GC too. BG's is a long season. Alliances are pressing for people to hit higher minimums and not wait until the mad rush at the end which probably also doesn't help.

You can make a huge run up the boards in a short time. BG's can be fun, but 4 weeks of it gets a bit tedious. Feels like arena at times. Wish they'd also add a skip screen at the end of the match, especially when jumping up a tier.