Rank down tickets for Zemo and Kraven…

Comments

• ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 895 ★★★
    From what I see...it is still broken. It shouldn't special lock at all. They just fixed part of it.

Maybe they will give rankdowns when they remove the special lock completely.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    ChiliDog said:

From what I see...it is still broken. It shouldn't special lock at all. They just fixed part of it.

Maybe they will give rankdowns when they remove the special lock completely.

Unimaginable that anyone can say this kind of thing…
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2023
    This is the fastest i Saw a not merged thread reach 5 pages
    (I know i already made that joke a couple time now)
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    Also my opinión is that they deserve RDTs since despite being a bug some people ranked them Up BECAUSE of that bug with a fix that came a bit out of nowhere

This is before the patch vs after the patch for reference, such an impact on the performance of a 2 year old champion cannot be overlooked

And the new one is with luck aswell, I had even a 4:11 run, plus the added risk of getting hit by a special and all the other lost benefits in matchups where there are nodes.
  • coolspiderman17_coolspiderman17_ Member Posts: 322 ★★★
    Tf 100 new? I looked at this 2 hours ago
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

This is definitely the most controversial topic I've seen in a large minute

This is definitely the most controversial topic I've seen in a large minute
    It affects my favorite mechanic, if they decide to keep it this and give tickets I’ll still be very sad, using these two bois was my greatest enjoyment in the game…

I think they merged a bunch of threads on this that all popped up around the same time.

This is pretty wild though. And I agree, I think most people disagreeing don’t actually understand the situation.

This seems to be another textbook example of a “silent nerf” that they just reaffirmed with the Gambit relic mess they don’t/won’t do. I don’t know if the team didn’t realize it would impact champs other than Zemo or if they just fully dropped the ball on communication again but this is getting to the point I just feel bad for everyone there.

I was going to try to summarize this mess but honestly they’ve still got to fix the summer sale rewards, BG alliance points not calculating correctly, arena being broken, and two of the biggest side quest bug exploits ever, plus roll out of this new AW placement nonsense and that’s on top of all the other longer term issues (modders/cheaters, input issues, BG disconnects, etc). There are so many things going on that need fixed right now this is probably lower down the list for Kabam to even respond to so I expect we’ll have to wait a while before they even acknowledge this.

We do keep hearing different people do different things though so maybe the team that did this can give some of the CCP folks an explanation to pass on at least.

Since Zemo’s being changed, maybe they can work a way for the lock rotation to not be possible indefinetly, since that seems to be their problem, while also maintaining his ability to lock down fights like Gauntlet Spider-Ham, who keeps applying debuffs to you and nullifies your armor up, fights like that are what made me so happy to play the game and have a Zemo, it was so much fun and it never felt like an exploit since Galan is a champion that can far easier completely erase defenders like Peni and Viv.
    Rank 2 Kate aswell for reference lol

• GrumrokGrumrok Member Posts: 77
    edited July 2023
    I very well remember about a comment below a zemo video, stating the special 3 lock getting fixed in the future and the content creator replied "So have fun with it as long it remains."
    Not contradicting this gonna happen or not being on the table getting changed, but just mention to "ab"use the situation as it lasts.

I so warned my alliance mates several times eversince, to get too comfortable with zemo and his special 3 lock mechanic.

Now fix is here as anticipated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Grumrok said:

I very well remember about a comment below a zemo video, stating the special 3 lock getting fixed in the future and the content creator replied "So have fun with it as long it remains."
    Not contradicting this gonna happen or not being on the table getting changed, but just mention to "ab"use the situation as it lasts.

I so warned my alliance mates several times eversince, to get too comfortable with zemo and his special 3 lock mechanic.

Thats below a Zemo video. Not here on the forums, not in game, and there isn't even a description of the ability to tell how it's intended to work. I don't think Zemo needs a buff, but there does need to be some conversation around this.
  • EakomoEakomo Member Posts: 88

Pikolu said:

It's been on the trello board for awhile that zemos root wasn't supposed to stop the enemy from using their sp3 and the devs also informed me that it was supposed to be on the patch notes that they fixed it.

I guess the Cassie taunt on the patch notes (wasn't actually changed) might have taken the spot of Zemos root being fixed

What about Kraven then? He was released 2 years ago, this affects him more. They should issue tickets for him then, he ahs been butchered by this change.

It literally says in his kit that throwing specials removes root so why would they be special locked? Also, it says opponents and not specifically attacker or defender. It works both ways with all 3 root champions.
    It's badly worded, but they ai can cancel the trap/ not get rooted by throwing a special before they enter the trap but once they enter it they can't use a special, untill this update
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,511 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023

Grumrok said:

Kraven has been out for two years with the same mechanic, a silent nerf that butchers the character after two years should not go by without a proper rank down ticket.
    Kraven has been out for a year and a half. Not 2 years.
    It's not a nerf, much less a silent nerf. It was a fix to Root, and they would have to give Tickets for every Champ with Root, if that was the case. Which they don't do for bug fixes.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,511 ★★★★★

Grumrok said:

Kraven has been out for two years with the same mechanic, a silent nerf that butchers the character after two years should not go by without a proper rank down ticket.
    Kraven has been out for a year and a half. Not 2 years.
    It's not a nerf, much less a silent nerf. It was a fix to Root, and they would have to give Tickets for every Champ with Root, if that was the case. Which they don't do for bug fixes.
    If you can show me exactly where it describes how the Special Lock on Root is intended to work and describes the changes made to the Special Lock on Root, I will give you one million dollars and then quit the forums and mcoc forever.
    Root has been bugged all the way back to EOP. In fact, it's been bugged since its introduction. It's no secret that it's had issues.
This discussion has been closed.