WTF is Trello

NukeNuke Member Posts: 69
And why isn’t anything communicated in game?

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    There are many threads on this.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    Trello, along with magnets, has long confused the masses.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,242 Guardian
    edited July 2023

do you seriously think that someone will remember what happened a year ago? such things should be a separate footnote on all the MAIN sites where people receive information. why introduce another place if there are official sites, forums, Twitter pages, where you can report this in the same way, and people will not poke into the unknown, what is this trello

It's pinned to the forums.

Ditto (pinned, in purple “stickied” posts area).

Twitter, Facebook .. I didn’t know they have a Bug Tracker system in place on those websites.

Neither do the Forums here, which is why when Kabam may coment on a subject, but then that thread gets buried by a bunch of other threads (often times numerous threads on the same subject matter), their prior comment tends to get lost. Not specifically about this case, but in general.
    **unless Kabam wanted to implement a whole system of “Stickied” posts for each and every of the currently known issues (and their updates within those posts) here on Forums

Now, agreed, they should add the Bug Tracker website Link to the in-game settings area, where they do already list the link to the Forums, and to Support.

And while the Bug Tracker site could probably use some extra attention, at least it is a “consolidated” place for issues. Instead of hunting thru hundreds/thousands of posts up here on Forums.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,760 ★★★★★
    _Pez_ said:

The lack of ingame messaging about bugs/updates is probably my biggest issue with this game.

Some people like to comment that people on forums are the vocal minority of the player base and yet information just isn't communicated to the majority of players. If there is some important bug, you shouldn't have to go to the forums or Trello, it should get notified ingame or in the minimum there should be a section of the game interface which links to the bug list.

I see, so how come no other bug is communicated in game? They do communicate things that will effect everyone who plays the game but they don't message everyone in-game about bugs. They're very clear that you should go to the forum for information. Support teams direct you to the forums all the time and there's a link in-game for the forums.

It's also a widely practiced process with every sort of game or developer out there than information on bugs are on the forums of that game or developer. It's not like Kabam is the only one who lists bugs on their forums.

All the patch notes are on this site as well but I don't see you asking them to send those in-game either. You're upset about the Zemo thing and that's fine but don't act like you care now whether something was communicated in game.
  • 5th5th Member Posts: 151 ★★

_Pez_ said:

The lack of ingame messaging about bugs/updates is probably my biggest issue with this game.

Some people like to comment that people on forums are the vocal minority of the player base and yet information just isn't communicated to the majority of players. If there is some important bug, you shouldn't have to go to the forums or Trello, it should get notified ingame or in the minimum there should be a section of the game interface which links to the bug list.

I see, so how come no other bug is communicated in game? They do communicate things that will effect everyone who plays the game but they don't message everyone in-game about bugs. They're very clear that you should go to the forum for information. Support teams direct you to the forums all the time and there's a link in-game for the forums.

It's also a widely practiced process with every sort of game or developer out there than information on bugs are on the forums of that game or developer. It's not like Kabam is the only one who lists bugs on their forums.

All the patch notes are on this site as well but I don't see you asking them to send those in-game either. You're upset about the Zemo thing and that's fine but don't act like you care now whether something was communicated in game.
    They never miss new bundle mails!!
    5th said:

_Pez_ said:

They never miss new bundle mails!!
    Because those are automated and planned out ahead of time to be sent.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    _Pez_ said:

I would think that the actual bugs are a bigger issue :)
    _Pez_ said:

_Pez_ said:

1) affect not effect
    2) bold assumption, I'm not upset about zemo, I haven't ranked him up, it doesn't impact me but generally the response has been piss poor
    3) I've thought bugs should be communicated in-game for a while
    I'm sure you have.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

_Pez_ said:

If you have examples on how other games do this, I would love for you to forward them to me. I am always looking for new ways to ensure that we're communicating, but an in-game message for each known issue is not really viable, or something I've ever seen done before.

I will admit that we need to go wider with this board, and it's going to be shared in an in-game message pretty soon. But if there's something other games are doing that I haven't, please let me know.
    Could it be possible to link trello directly in game?

_Pez_ said:

All the patch notes are on this site as well but I don't see you asking them to send those in-game either.
    To me, it seems like this is exactly what they're asking. It's extremely common practice for developers to put a link to their most recent patch notes somewhere in game, especially somewhere players have to check. Most commonly updated games I play just have a popup as soon as the game launches that players have to click out of, which is obviously an extremely affective way to keep players informed.
    Which games?
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★

_Pez_ said:

All the patch notes are on this site as well but I don't see you asking them to send those in-game either.
    To me, it seems like this is exactly what they're asking. It's extremely common practice for developers to put a link to their most recent patch notes somewhere in game, especially somewhere players have to check. Most commonly updated games I play just have a popup as soon as the game launches that players have to click out of, which is obviously an extremely affective way to keep players informed.
    MTG: Arena does that.
  • _Pez__Pez_ Member Posts: 244 ★★★

_Pez_ said:

If you have examples on how other games do this, I would love for you to forward them to me. I am always looking for new ways to ensure that we're communicating, but an in-game message for each known issue is not really viable, or something I've ever seen done before.

I will admit that we need to go wider with this board, and it's going to be shared in an in-game message pretty soon. But if there's something other games are doing that I haven't, please let me know.
    Apologies if this double posts, I clicked edit and then it disappeared.

I'm happy with that response, I have nothing against Trello, I even like it, it just needs a link to it ingame that's visible all the time preferably or at least periodically. Under the link to the forums ingame would work.

The game I can think of for reference would be you go oh duel links I used to play. They always have a pinned post ingame in a notification/news list with the most recent bugs, planned fixes and updates, such as dodgy card interactions.