Kabam about leaving 7* on peoples accounts

Armed07Armed07 Member Posts: 104
edited August 2023 in General Discussion

This was a response to me asking when the remaining 7 and 6*’s will be removed from my account.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• MDxMDx Member Posts: 96
    Just read the first paragraph and that concludes it.
  • Armed07Armed07 Member Posts: 104
    Armed07 said:

V

Did you have enough 7* shards before opening the 1250 crystals to form any 7* crystals? The response doesn’t make much sense to me.

I was very close but after opening the mythic crystal I had 0 and got to about 13000z
    hi_im_sir said:

Did you have enough 7* shards before opening the 1250 crystals to form any 7* crystals? The response doesn’t make much sense to me.

yeah it doesn't make sense. no cav player out there would be able to get enough 7 stars and most of them got to keep at least one of the 7 stars they got.
    That is definitely a problem and why I was asking Kabam to just take away all the champs and cut their losses there. Maybe give some shards in return but that should be about it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    That's the answer. They couldn't refund the exact amount of Shards, so they rounded up. You're safe.
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    Armed07 said:

Armed07 said:

V

I was very close but after opening the mythic crystal I had 0 and got to about 13000z
    You got 13k from the mythic crystals? How many did you have beforehand? And how many did you have after they fixed it?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,835 ★★★★★

Support is the last place I'd trust for accurate information in situations like this.

They should be working off of common direction or a script given to them to address issues such as this.

That being said, we’ve definitely seen conflicting information given on issues like this in the past.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    MDx said:

Support is the last place I'd trust for accurate information in situations like this.

Then where do u go for info that u trust ?

They're literally sending op a message through support , no middlemen , no crowd talk ,no nothing , just straight up reply.
    Support has been notorious for providing wrong information or outdated information. They're usually the last to know updates on these situations as well. They aren't involved in removing anything from accounts.

There's another thread on this that contradicts this message as well. I'll have to find the thread but I believe it said they weren't done removing stuff and in the process of providing rank up mats used after players got the new champs.

MDx said:

They're literally sending op a message through support , no middlemen , no crowd talk ,no nothing , just straight up reply.
    Support has been notorious for providing wrong information or outdated information. They're usually the last to know updates on these situations as well. They aren't involved in removing anything from accounts.

There's another thread on this that contradicts this message as well. I'll have to find the thread but I believe it said they weren't done removing stuff and in the process of providing rank up mats used after players got the new champs.
    It was actually the OP's Thread.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342434/kabam-isn-t-done-fixing-the-mythic-crystal-mistake/p1

They're done now. Have been for some time. Accounts are reactivated and Rewards have been sent. Although I support what you're saying. Support can have conflicting responses at times. It's a common issue for many companies.
    Well it makes sense when you consider the alternative would be an extended mess of calculating to the last Shard and individually adjusting Accounts.
    I mean, people can have whatever reactions they want to it. I'm just saying I understand why.

Well it makes sense when you consider the alternative would be an extended mess of calculating to the last Shard and individually adjusting Accounts.
    I mean, people can have whatever reactions they want to it. I'm just saying I understand why.

I understand as well but I don’t agree. This is what happens when they waited to lock accounts
    It's possible they allowed people to finish the BG Season. Weren't they locked just after?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★

MDx said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/342434/kabam-isn-t-done-fixing-the-mythic-crystal-mistake/p1

They're done now. Have been for some time. Accounts are reactivated and Rewards have been sent. Although I support what you're saying. Support can have conflicting responses at times. It's a common issue for many companies.
    That's not the one I saw.

How does it feel to be the most wrong person on these forums every

I understand as well but I don’t agree. This is what happens when they waited to lock accounts
    It's possible they allowed people to finish the BG Season. Weren't they locked just after?
    Shouldn't have been allowed to finish any content after violating TOS.
    I'm sorry, what?
    I'm providing an explanation. I'm not saying it was right or wrong.
    That's the decision they made. To remove the Crystal Rewards.
    You'll have to take it up with them. It wasn't my decision.

Armed07 said:

Armed07 said:

V

You got 13k from the mythic crystals? How many did you have beforehand? And how many did you have after they fixed it?
    I got 45k from mythic crystal. Had less than a thousand after opening mythic and got to 13k before the suspension

MDx said:

This was a message I received from a longer discussion with Kabam about not having received my BG rewards, it’s been over a week and they keep extending the time period for when to expect the alliance rewards.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    I'm on the fence with how they've handled it, had I known I'd keep a solid handful of 7* champs I'd have probably opened the mythics on my alt. Wouldn't taint my main with it, but getting my alt an extra few 6* and 7*s would've been solid. Not really deterring future exploits. I mean an alliancemate in my alts alliance has a 7* duped wiccan and 6* Herc he awakened max Sig'd and took right to r5 both still sitting in his account from the mythics. Two top end champions for free essentially.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★
    Searmenis said:

If they re done with this, they should start with the compensation 7* shards for the rest of us that didn't exploit the thing.

‼️‼️‼️
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    Armed07 said:

Armed07 said:

Armed07 said:

V

I got 45k from mythic crystal. Had less than a thousand after opening Mythic and got to 13k before the suspension
    So how many shards did you have before you opened the Mythic crystals? And how many 7*s did they let you keep? I'm wondering if there is some truth to the explanation Support gave, but it's just vague
This discussion has been closed.