**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War Compensation [merged]

Comments

• Options
    Omega_RunnerOmega_Runner Posts: 143 ★★

So, we are complaining about getting access to permanent content (or even more if you haven't done any/some of it) when we would have had to AW to get resources that we think we should be compensated for the delays of the season starting. Am I getting this right?

Yes, your understanding is correct :)
    Ok, then the naysayers need to chill. For real.
    Why?? Everyone have their own views, why should anyone care about your or mine view..
    Not everyone have big account.
    Because it's access to permanent content. If an account is too small, they will eventually get there.

why send out the keys to accounts that can’t even do it yet?

Because those account will eventually be able to do it. You were going to have to work for it in AW, now you just do it in the Gauntlet.
    AW rewards are now and this compensation can be obtained like after 6 months whose value degrade with time.

Also, normally it take 1500 unit worth of item to complete gauntlet if you have 7.5/10 skill in game.

If you ask me do gauntlet reward worth 1500 unit. I would say likely nope.
  • Options
    XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 246 ★★★

Golivarez said:

Where are the war potions and grey boosts lol you know stuff that actually helps in war @Kabam Miike

Compensation is to make up for what you missed out on, and if anything, you'd have spent AW potions and Boosts during that time, not gained more of them :tongue:
    If this is the case, then why did we only get half of what we would have gotten if war were actually happening? Like gold, and crystal shards are also war prizes. I understand not everyone does war, so there's somewhat of a justification for not just going willy-milly with crystal shards, but what about the gold?

Gold kinda serves a similar purpose as loyalty, case in point being it's an in game currency (that we need it to level and rank champs and relics; we need it to access arena, etc)...
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,308 ★★★★★
    If the keys to the gauntlet is suitable compensation, it should be accompanied by means to complete it. That means providing questing revives and health pots so people actually feel like they played the game and earned the rewards while not spending any resource that they do not actually have to spend if it were true compensation as the message says it is.
  • Options
    Killdisplayed_Killdisplayed_ Posts: 26

Hey, I know there are people that are rightfully upset, but I'm going to try and explain the thought process here. You might disagree with it, but this is the situation.

The goal with this Comp was for the Keys to come out much earlier, giving players something to do while AW was down. I'm not sure why it's only going out now, but here we are.

Loyalty was the central part of this compensation, making up for most of a lot of what was lost in the unplanned downtime, not for the entire downtime, since we purposely moved those rewards into BGs and told everybody about it in advance.

I know that when we say "compensation", people set their own standards in their heads, and often look at older compensations that we've done as a benchmark, when every situation needs to be treated differently.

If there is CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on what you think you should have been included, please let us know and we can discuss with the game team about it. No guarantees that anything comes of it, but we'll have those discussions.

If you're not going to be constructive though, we're going to ignore you.

Why not just give everyone the rewards they got last season as compensation? We literally missed a whole season of rewards and including it in bgs does nothing because they’re two different game modes and not all WAR PLAYERS play bgs. Giving us the rewards we got last season would’ve been the smartest thing. A lot better than whatever this “compensation “ is☠️☠️☠️
    I'm not sure why you'd expect the same rewards from the season before for not actually having to playI know that not everybody plays BGs, but we were very clear that there was an extended off-season with a way to get the rewards if you want them. That was never part of the plan and I don't see why you thought it would be, or would expect it to be.
    “Who said I expected that? It’s Kabam. Lmfao, I don’t expect much from y’all. ☠️☠️☠️☠️ You asked for a suggestion, and I gave you one. I’m not the only one who has suggested it. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Maybe if you guys had a half-capable game team, or even a few devs who actually played the game, you would understand why players are so upset. 🤣”
    I asked for constructive feedback, and you didn't give me that. You came in acting like a jerk, and I am giving you back what you gave me.
    Maybe everyone should take a breathe. Just replace keys.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

Hey, I know there are people that are rightfully upset, but I'm going to try and explain the thought process here. You might disagree with it, but this is the situation.

The goal with this Comp was for the Keys to come out much earlier, giving players something to do while AW was down. I'm not sure why it's only going out now, but here we are.

Loyalty was the central part of this compensation, making up for most of a lot of what was lost in the unplanned downtime, not for the entire downtime, since we purposely moved those rewards into BGs and told everybody about it in advance.

I know that when we say "compensation", people set their own standards in their heads, and often look at older compensations that we've done as a benchmark, when every situation needs to be treated differently.

If there is CONSTRUCTIVE feedback on what you think you should have been included, please let us know and we can discuss with the game team about it. No guarantees that anything comes of it, but we'll have those discussions.

Why not just give everyone the rewards they got last season as compensation? We literally missed a whole season of rewards and including it in bgs does nothing because they’re two different game modes and not all WAR PLAYERS play bgs. Giving us the rewards we got last season would’ve been the smartest thing. A lot better than whatever this “compensation “ is☠️☠️☠️
    I'm not sure why you'd expect the same rewards from the season before for not actually having to playI know that not everybody plays BGs, but we were very clear that there was an extended off-season with a way to get the rewards if you want them. That was never part of the plan and I don't see why you thought it would be, or would expect it to be.
    Similar to someone losing their job... they can collect unemployment
    I mean, points for being creative, but we don't collect stamps for Pogie. It's a competitive mode that rewards what we've done. Not what we could have done.
    The goal of compensation in these cases is to gauge that in a generic sense, but it's certainly not a stipend.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    edited August 2023
    @Kabam Miike Would it be possible to at least get the war victory/defeat rewards we would have gotten if the seasons were up? Maybe as a baseline, just send everyone defeat rewards since we don't know if they would've won the non-existant wars. It isn't much at all, but it's something I guess. Definitely a far cry from what some people are demanding on here. This is the only constructive idea i have that isn't redundant based on previous responses.

Also, definitely let everyone exchange those keys for something else. especially ones who cant even do the gauntlet yet. My uncollected alt got they keys too and it wont be able to use them for forever
  • Options
    Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    edited August 2023
    What about the 6* shards we lost during the aw was down after bg season off ?
    ( considering 26th july was the actual start date & now aw season starting 16th aug, that too "subject to change" ) 20 days of actual war season gone means 7 wars already down.
    @Kabam Miike
    some shards,
    2 x grey boosts,
    2-3 x team lvl5 pot,
    2 x each class boost,
    Loyalty
    Battlechips
    Gold
    " that's what i think"
    I don't think this is game breaking or way too much to give.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

Sorry, but compensation (even as a down time distraction) doesn't mean having to do a long piece of content that is just going to drain my resources. The fact that keys were supposed to go out earlier is irrelevant. They didn't. They are here now and the real issue is with getting them in the first place (gatekeeping compensation behind harder content). Want to open the boss after the first path? That's a different story but the whole gauntlet? Nah. That's ridiculous.

Their inclusion feels not only hollow but midly infuriating.
    This was explained. It wasn't intended to be the Compensation Package. It was intended to come out before, so people had something to do while War was down. The Loyalty was the focus of this.
  • Options
    Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 233 ★★★
    I think the compensation should had included some type of small gesture of goodwill. I’m not asking for previous season rewards. But a 6* Nexus or some 7* shards could had been included. Just something from Kabam saying we apologize and still care.
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 446 ★★★
    To be constructive. Loyalty is fine. But aw is about shards and rank-up materials. I know you guys struggled with correcting the mythic situation last month. But dropping some stuff either based on last alliance war ranking or player progression should be doable. I know you commented on the keys, but it still feels like the horrible deals right before the 4/7 deals drop.