Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Fighting Gladiator is horrible

Comments

• Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 313 ★★★
    Adv said:

Who did you guys use for tech?

I used Future Antman. Was kinda a pain trying to keep up Surging Swarm, but it wasn't too bad. Maybe like 3-4 SP2s took him out each time.
  • Options
    Wasy1Wasy1 Posts: 99
    B)

• Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★
    Does anyone know why Ironman wouldn’t gain armor up buffs off his SP2 against Gladiator? He’s suppose to gain them but only gets one and a pause for some reason.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Craziest 'aggressive' AI I've encountered for sure. Very awkward feeling fight.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Does anyone know why Ironman wouldn’t gain armor up buffs off his SP2 against Gladiator? He’s suppose to gain them but only gets one and a pause for some reason.

Gladiators Sig
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Adv said:

Who did you guys use for tech?

I Used Hulk Buster with a relic. Easy to push him to two bars. Not that the SP1 is hard to dodge but I don't love waiting out the unstoppable. I used Doom for mystic but tried my 5* Sym Supreme for cape and found that he is an easy solo.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★

Gladiators Sig
    Ah now I see it, thanks
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 575 ★★★
    Imagine him without the aggression node, i think he will just get hit amd do nothing and just die. 🤣🫣

Seriously though, very wierd AI, very very long back 3 and 4 star champ arena enemies used to be like this. Or now the 2* champs in RTTL.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,296 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Possibly the most stilted animation job the team has done, combined with a certifiably weird AI.

Perhaps he’s simply the personification of the lag and frame stutter that’s plagued my game for months…

Dr. Zola

Gladiator is the personification of fluidity and grace compared to Thor Ragnarok.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    To be fair, it was kinda repetitive, but still was fun to see how this particular AI worked after a few reruns since it was a single fight, I had fun overall.
  • Options
    I've noticed he doesn't block much, he likes to stand there un guarded
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    yeah is a lil slow and not aggressive at all. but that could be good cause just imagine if he was aggressive and threw his sp1 to get that long a$$ unstoppable and you re in your corner LOL
  • Options
    ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    Felt a bit grindy having to fight gladiator 25 times but it wasn't very hard my champs for the objectives were mangog stark Spidey and void it kinda felt like cheating using void
  • Options
    The_Flying_Jew82The_Flying_Jew82 Posts: 73 ★★

I’m not saying he’s too hard. He’s not. The pace of fighting him is just bad. It’s clunky. It’s like the whole fight is in sand.

He is the easiest boss in the whole monthly quest .... I soloed him.every single tine with 100% health. Watch some videos and learn my friend.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

I didn't have the same experience.

I wonder why lol
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★

I didn't have the same experience.

I wonder why lol

I have to retract my original statement. That AI is the most sporadic I've ever seen. It's like all 3 Profiles are rotating in one Champ.

If you're going to quote someone and be snarky, take effort to at least be accurate.
  • Options
    J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Posts: 288 ★★
    @KabamMiike where you at
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 526 ★★★
    I was about to make a thread about this... what is the deal with his AI?? Never encountered anyone fight like him. The node "aggressive" seems like it is not present at all. He just aimlessly walks toward you and stands there lol. So weird.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,268 ★★★★★
    I'm just glad it's over. Lol. Well, then I have to fight him in EQ, but that won't be the same.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I have to retract my original statement. That AI is the most sporadic I've ever seen. It's like all 3 Profiles are rotating in one Champ.

That's a really good way to put it actually. It's like every time he starts to do something he needs to decide which one he's going to use and then he starts to move. It's definitely the weirdest AI we've seen in awhile.
    Yeah. I even had him just not block and take hits like act 1 ai
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Possibly the most stilted animation job the team has done, combined with a certifiably weird AI.

Perhaps he’s simply the personification of the lag and frame stutter that’s plagued my game for months…

Dr. Zola

Gladiator is the personification of fluidity and grace compared to Thor Ragnarok.
    Rags may have a medical condition.

Dr. Zola
    Rags has jimmy legs