**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Why does the War Map look like that? [merged]

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,849 ★★★★★
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
this is hurting my brain and my eyes
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 670 ★★★★
    the latest livestream isn't on kabam's youtube or twitch channels. does anyone know when the new map is coming?
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,186 ★★★★★
    Seem like they kept the old nodes but shuffle all the mini boss nodes from section 1 and 2 to dedicated island then boss island. So you would clear section 1 and 2, then mini boss island and then boss island.
  • Options
    This defense tactic is new

• Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 573 ★★★
    Only thing I don’t like is that they put both hazard shift minis on the same island. Whoever did path 9 would normally handle both, but now won’t be able to.
  • Options
    WolfrhkWolfrhk Posts: 78
    Thanks for posting this. My Alliance thought something was bugged when all the defenders were removed. Would've been nice to announce it in game.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,475 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

New maps are live. Everyone’s placement got removed.

This is an assault on my eyeballs
  • Options
    Jekai said:

This map is actually terrible, for the most part the same nodes but an abysmal layout

yeah- like why are all the hazard shifts clumped together?
    so glad i don’t have to plan for aw
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★

Kabam. Sincerely im gonna need to run someones fade. This war change, has been the most disgustingly, eye soreingly, low down fourth rate dogwater groot level change i have ever seen in my 5 years of playing this game. This should have been released yesterday because it is truly tragic how sorry this map is. The person responsible must pay for this, and i, Dovah-Kin, volunteer myself to enter the death battle between the two of us. I will use the might and wisdom of the supreme lord Godnak to restore balance to the contest once more, and in doing so, restore balance to all the battlerealms.
    All jokes aside, this change sucks, please revert it thank you.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,475 ★★★★★
    LMFAOOOOOO
  • Options
    JekaiJekai Posts: 8

Jekai said:

This map is actually terrible, for the most part the same nodes but an abysmal layout

Yeah I retired after years of leader/officer status a few seasons ago, I still help out but glad I’m not dealing with whatever this is. As one of my friends said it looks like a toddler put it together
  • Options

Jekai said:

From my understanding, they don’t want anyone waiting for boss killers to clear the mini boss nodes so they move onto section 2. Kabam moved all of it to an island before boss island. This way, non boss killers can clear their path and be done with war.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,795 ★★★★★
    Yeah I'm in charge of path assignments in one of the BGs in my alliance and I'm already annoyed honestly, this looks like it's going to be a nightmare.
  • Options
    Worst part is that those double hazard nodes are separated now, which means we need 3 people with debuff counters rather than relying on path 9 player to clear all of those. As a war planner it’s going to cause me a massive headache.
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    I don't hate it. Slow moving members no longer get gatekept behind the minibosses between sections. They can clear all their fights up to the new boss peninsula (TM), and then the designated boss killers can get to work.
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Agreed Dovah, it looks so bad
  • Options
    It looks terrible and confusing.
    What was wrong with the previous one? Nobody complained about it so why the change?
  • Options

Worst part is that those double hazard nodes are separated now, which means we need 3 people with debuff counters rather than relying on path 9 player to clear all of those. As a war planner it’s going to cause me a massive headache.

at least the username checks out?
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,623 ★★★★★
    There was literally a thread today from someone wondering when they were going to change it
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,145 ★★★★★
    i dislike the warp drives. that's instant path mistakes ready to happen.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 829 ★★★★

There was literally a thread today from someone wondering when they were going to change it

In fairness, if this is the thread you're thinking about, it was more about when the new map would be live as opposed to complaining about the old map.

And people started hating on it right away, which is weird because I'm pretty sure the response in the live stream was generally positive when it was shown.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Actually, here: I'll post it now to avoid too much confusion overnight.

Take a looky here!

Thanks mate!