Kabam will you be compensating for elder marks that we lose out on due to new system

Comments

• FieryWaterFieryWater Member Posts: 53
    @SandeepS I don’t think Kabam needs to give out any compensation, I think that all they need to do is make it that we get a 7 Day timer, or maybe even a 3-Day timer to claim the rewards. Basically, just give us some time to decide when we are ready to claim them, rather than add them to our inventory and cause us to unnecessarily lose EMs.
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 776 ★★★★

@WinterFields two reasons: First, I intuitively felt that Kabam would give us at-least some control over our rewards like they do for most other stuff, and second, I had no idea where I would be seeded and therefore, how many I would earn! Clearly, there was some lapse in what the forum post communicated and what I understood!

Your first point is valid. The way I read their announcements made me think it would be automatic, but they left it ambiguous enough I can see why others would think differently.

For your second point, they did announce how many tiers back people would start based on last time with the cap at all those who reached GC start in the same tier regardless of ending GC performance. That means all you have to do is count the tiers you skip over and multiple by 200 and that's how many you should get now
  • FieryWaterFieryWater Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2023
    @WinterFields correct!
    Like I said, it was a lapse in my understanding. Due to time constraints and rough matchmaking, I was in VT until the very last week. So I stopped playing when I hit GC and didn’t have the time to grind more🤷🏻‍♂️

However, I still do believe more clarity was warranted from Kabam in their original post, and that they should take steps towards making these more actively claimable.

I don’t believe that the argument ‘Oh you should have spent them’ is a valid one, especially when you are in an alliance that has fairly high minimums and consistently has a 2-Digit alliance rank. EMs are limited, expensive, and therefore too valuable to ‘spend’ them freely.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

Wasy1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

The answer is: no, we will not be compensating you.

If you're aware that your Elder Mark inventory is capped... spend you Elder Marks before receiving more.

How we suppose to spend 2200 marks in 5 matches?
    This is my question also. I did not hoard by any means, just didn't lose many matches last season.
    Because elder's marks aren't given in GC for climbing through during the season (or if you get stuck in upper VT tiers), there is only so much you can get during the season that doesn't immediately get replenished. They also made it abundantly clear that seeding was coming and that you would get those rewards after just five matches. It's not hard to just play enough matches with those marks at the end of last season to make sure you don't go over the limit now
    Was it specified that it will be autoclaimed after 5matches? People may have thought they will get it by an in game mail or by means of an objective which they can claim later when they are ready. I am not so sure it was specified anywhere how we will get the rewards after 5 matches.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    Golivarez said:

I like to plan and save mine so I don’t have to buy them cuz the prices are ridiculous but now I just have to waste them cuz kabam jax says so

You wahmbulance is on the way. Likely being chased by your attorney.
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Member Posts: 565 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

For which of us though?

Graves_3 said:

BeastDad said:

Wasy1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

If you're aware that your Elder Mark inventory is capped... spend you Elder Marks before receiving more.

This is my question also. I did not hoard by any means, just didn't lose many matches last season.
    Because elder's marks aren't given in GC for climbing through during the season (or if you get stuck in upper VT tiers), there is only so much you can get during the season that doesn't immediately get replenished. They also made it abundantly clear that seeding was coming and that you would get those rewards after just five matches. It's not hard to just play enough matches with those marks at the end of last season to make sure you don't go over the limit now
    Was it specified that it will be autoclaimed after 5matches? People may have thought they will get it by an in game mail or by means of an objective which they can claim later when they are ready. I am not so sure it was specified anywhere how we will get the rewards after 5 matches.
    True, it was not specified, but it logically made the most sense that they would implement it that way. All VT tier rewards are automatically claimed when advancing to the next rank; seeding is basically the same.

Since end of season rewards and objectives are the only BG rewards not claimed this way, it follows that these tier rewards would keep the same trend
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 920 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Golivarez said:

I can’t believe people are just like it’s ok I’m fine with wasted elder marks. Kabam has every player trained to just agree with there stupid decisions now.

I'm waiting for the conclusion of Golivarez v Kabam so I can cite the legal precedent in my support ticket.
    I'm reading sarcasm in this. Are you implying there will be no lawsuit? I was really interested in hearing how a lawsuit would work.

ahmynuts said:

Wasy1 said:

Kabam Jax said:

By not hoarding your marks in the first place. They are meant to be used not hoarded. It's your own fault that they hit the cap. People are so scared of using their marks to enter BGs because they don't want to waste them, Kabam didn't make you use energy instead of marks. You did it to yourself.
    How much is the cap?
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

For which of us though?

Lol the mic drop 💀
  • TyphoonTyphoon Member Posts: 1,797 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

For which of us though?

Daaaaaaamn nobody told me we were having a bbq today!
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Wait wat?

I have 3.5k elders marks before entering this season of BG's.

I could go back in time and spend them last season (great advice BTW) but I'd probably end up betting on sporting events and telling myself everything I've learned in the last few weeks (admittedly a short conversation) so what happens now?

Am I going to get stooged after 5 matches this season?

What is the actual capped amount?
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★

Golivarez said:

I like to plan and save mine so I don’t have to buy them cuz the prices are ridiculous but now I just have to waste them cuz kabam jax says so

9k EM's is 100 matches and that doesn't include everything you earn on the way. There's no reason to have that many.
    What if you wanna get as high of a rank as possible in solo bg event?
  • JettMcGeeJettMcGee Member Posts: 4
    They say we should have known so if we didn’t and anybody on our alliance didn’t does this mean we are poor alliance? Were we really informed?
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    Golivarez said:

If they came out and just said we need more revenue buy elder marks I’d be fine with it but they disguise it as a pro player move to save time when it’s clearly a way to get people to waste elders. Raise the cap at least do something don’t just shame the players into wasting them

This is your OWN fault, elder marks are intended to be used. IF you don't want to use them why come her and complain about it? Other areas also have limits energy, glory, artifacts are some I'm guessing you don't spend them either?
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

It won't solve anything in the past, but the simplest solution to this would be to identify anything that has a cap the same way they do sig stones, cats, boosts, etc.

Simply show the --/cap numbers.

I didn't go over the cap, but it could have legitimately happened to me, cause until reading this thread, I had no idea there was a cap on elder marks.

There are several currencies like this too. Glory, Elder Marks, Trophy Tokens, and probably more that I'm not thinking of.

If using the same identification currencies like sig stones use causes confusion about whether or not they'll go into overflow, then at least add commentary to the description shown when you click on the item that shows the cap and explicitly states they won't go into overflow if it's reached.

Yes, it makes no sense to me that currencies or items in this game can have limits that are not disclosed in-game. This seems like the most basic thing you would think to include when creating these things. The OP may be posting absurd things, but this is a valid complaint given that there is nothing in the game that indicates there is a cap at all, let alone what it is.

I barely played battlegrounds in previous seasons, but I don't know how many Elder Marks I lost because I only played with energy and didn't realize I was maxed out and not getting the additional ones I was earning. I wouldn't ask for compensation for that at this point but I don't think it is unreasonable to ask that they add all the limits in some fashion that is viewable in-game.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    First complaint four months ago lol

Why don't you just delete mcoc and move on already? Go play Starfield or any other solo game that won't get you triggered on a daily basis. I think I speak for everyone when I say we're tired of hearing you whine every single day man 💀
  • AntsiouAntsiou Member Posts: 184 ★★
    As it’s been put by some members, OP’s point was poorly articulated (and also the reasoning as to why we can’t claim EM from seeding I don’t agree with). BUT he does have a point.
    Wether you use your EM all the time or save them is up to each player. Having some info as to how the rewards from seeding would be distributed would have helped people near the cap to use more EM last season.
    Also pretty usual show of personal attack on OP which is unnecessary.
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    obsidiman said:

DNA3000 said:

Golivarez said:

I can’t believe people are just like it’s ok I’m fine with wasted elder marks. Kabam has every player trained to just agree with there stupid decisions now.

I'm waiting for the conclusion of Golivarez v Kabam so I can cite the legal precedent in my support ticket.
    I'm reading sarcasm in this. Are you implying there will be no lawsuit? I was really interested in hearing how a lawsuit would work.
    OP would the beg the judge to award him compensation from the damages without even going to trial
  • HeavyArmoredHeavyArmored Member Posts: 14
    Danxor said:

Kabam Jax said:

Kind of hard to spend 2200 marks before we get more, when after playing 5 matches the game forces 2200 on you instead of to the overflow.
    Kinda agree but at the moment there is no way to deal with the excessive amount of EMs ,i use it when i get any of em tbh so didnt thought such thing could occur to anyone
    Can we please get an update on where the lawsuit is at?
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    Personally, I'm in the same boat on my alt. I'm sitting on 8910 Elder Marks. I barely lose, and do my part every season to hit the 300k minimum. usually end up at 400k-450k points and close to max cap every season. I manage the EM acquisition throughout the season so as never to go above the cap (9k).
    When it was announced we will get the prior rewards with seeding, i'd assumed it will go the same way EVERY reward in the game is delivered, through the mail. Now i'm stuck, and will potentially waste nearly 1.5k Elder Marks with this auto claim. There is no fault of my own in this. It is on me to manage my resources, and I do that well. There should be no punishment for maintaining a healthy stash of elder marks. Each account is different, people play differently, and hoarding isnt wrong.
    In the end, i hope Kabam compensates for the missing EMs, because that is the right thing to do. There was no communication as to how these rewards would be distributed, so the players cannot be blamed for not prepping for this scenario.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Golivarez said:

9k EM's is 100 matches and that doesn't include everything you earn on the way. There's no reason to have that many.
    What if you wanna get as high of a rank as possible in solo bg event?
    You should get enough to hit all those marks right? Regardless, you'll run out at some point. They are meant to get used.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    obsidiman said:

it's in the discovery phase. @Golivarez is discovering how wrong they are with everything they've said.

Personally, I'm in the same boat on my alt. I'm sitting on 8910 Elder Marks. I barely lose, and do my part every season to hit the 300k minimum. usually end up at 400k-450k points and close to max cap every season. I manage the EM acquisition throughout the season so as never to go above the cap (9k).
    When it was announced we will get the prior rewards with seeding, i'd assumed it will go the same way EVERY reward in the game is delivered, through the mail. Now i'm stuck, and will potentially waste nearly 1.5k Elder Marks with this auto claim. There is no fault of my own in this. It is on me to manage my resources, and I do that well. There should be no punishment for maintaining a healthy stash of elder marks. Each account is different, people play differently, and hoarding isnt wrong.
    In the end, i hope Kabam compensates for the missing EMs, because that is the right thing to do. There was no communication as to how these rewards would be distributed, so the players cannot be blamed for not prepping for this scenario.

Except that "EVERY reward" does not come by mail. Objectives is an example. Going through the VT rewards are automatically claimed (not by mail), so why should these VT rewards be different?
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Member Posts: 835 ★★★★
    If this was just implemented as an in-game message which we have to claim / but could wait a few days to do so while clearing our our inventory (similar to AQ and glory... which I am also having to have sit in my inbox because of the awesome crystals this month seeming to have a 75% glory drop rate for me... and I can't spend it fast enough).

What was lost: last season, if we knew we had "use or lose marks", we might have tried to get better solo rewards / more points in the alliance/solo events... but the implementation wasn't entirely clear.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian

Except that "EVERY reward" does not come by mail. Objectives is an example. Going through the VT rewards are automatically claimed (not by mail), so why should these VT rewards be different?
    Wrong. Objectives can be "claimed". Going through the tiers can be controlled by winning or losing matches. This has zero control.

obsidiman said:

it's in the discovery phase. @Golivarez is discovering how wrong they are with everything they've said.
    Did he hire a renowned law firm? I really want to know the process of filing a lawsuit against a mobile phone gaming app development company for "stealing" an intangible in game currency. Sounds simply fascinating.