Options

Energy Problem?

Super2023Super2023 Posts: 18
edited October 2023 in General Discussion
Can we get a more F2P friendly energy improvement/consumption because why does it take 6 hours for me to get all of my energy back? And what worse is as soon as I get full energy back it's already gone due to the long pathway.

Like why in red hot pit of hell does it take 6 minutes to get only 1 bar of ENERGY!!! this is absurd. Please improvement this ridiculous system.

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★

I'm almost embarrassed at how many full energy refills I've had in stash expire - If you keep playing the game you'll start to have more energy than you know what to do with

Bro fr I consistently have 10 or more expiring in the stash. Not even the 7 for 7 challenge took me below full inventory
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    HSS75 said:

That's the whole point. Energy is also a resource that needs to get notice of in order to progress at what you are doing. If you did everything in one go then what's the point? In the end of the day after you are done you will feel burned out since you did a lot and now there's nothing to do
    p.s there's arenas , go farm units for energy refills there since it's f2p friendly

Arena is already tedious, and I already got the unit off of there, but it still wasn't enough.

In my opinion, Energy should be used to get into quests not just be used to move around. That would be an improvement.

Also still is ridiculous how I have to wait 6 hours to finish the quest.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 977 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I'm almost embarrassed at how many full energy refills I've had in stash expire - If you keep playing the game you'll start to have more energy than you know what to do with

Bro fr I consistently have 10 or more expiring in the stash. Not even the 7 for 7 challenge took me below full inventory
    Yea dude, I'm not even sure where its coming from, but I always seem to have some expiring lol.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Also OP, NEVER play any other gacha game ever if you think the energy system in this game is bad

I play Dokkan Battle and its energy system is way better. Because every time you move in the event it doesn't consume energy but instead getting into the event consume energy

I like how everyone is dislike and never give a good reason why this energy system isn't horrible.

It's not like reduce the number of minutes it takes to get full energy back is a bad idea.
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    I consistently have 10+ refills in overflow
  • Options
    Wong_98 said:

I consistently have 10+ refills in overflow

That is you!!! not me I have no energy in my inventory. And it hard to find any in my case.

They should overhaul the energy system.
  • Options

How irony I be playing this game for more than hour or let the A.I play while I am doing something, but I never get energy from anywhere. I constantly spending unit (which I don't have at the moment) to keep refilling it.
  • Options
    I like how I'm criticizing the game, I get disagrees for speaking about an issue in the game.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,471 ★★★★
    Super2023 said:

How irony I be playing this game for more than hour or let the A.I play while I am doing something, but I never get energy from anywhere. I constantly spending unit (which I don't have at the moment) to keep refilling it.
    If you're still low level in the game then yes it can stop you frequently, and that's very common for gacha-style games. So do it better than others. Do what you can, take a break, look at other things you can do - you can smash out a pile of Arena, for example, while waiting on energy to replenish.
  • Options
    I have to wait 6 HOURS to get my **** refilled and everyone is either saying "I got energies" or saying "You never play a gacha game" which funny since most gacha game I like (KoF and DBZ) have better energy system than this game
  • Options

Super2023 said:

If you're still low level in the game then yes it can stop you frequently, and that's very common for gacha-style games. So do it better than others. Do what you can, take a break, look at other things you can do - you can smash out a pile of Arena, for example, while waiting on energy to replenish.
    Buddy I'm lvl 40 and what gacha games are you playing because most of I play (KoF and DBZ) energy was never problem or it didn't take 6 hours to refill and have multiple ways to get energy back.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 689 ★★★★
    You're not meant to be able to go non-stop without a significant cost. Patience is a dieing virtue in this game
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,471 ★★★★
    You're level 40? Cool, that's low level.

You need to manage all your currencies, including energy. Like I said - there are other game modes to be played that do not require the same energy, and the point is that you play those game modes while waiting for your normal energy to recover. Or you can spend units to refresh your energy.

Don't have units? Oh dear, go and do some rounds of arena to build up your stockpile of Battlechips which, in turn, can be used to try for units via crystals
  • Options

You're not meant to be able to go non-stop without a significant cost. Patience is a dieing virtue in this game

I understand but 6+ hours isn't crazy. I don't think you understand the post why I'm punish for moving in game to finish this exploration rewards. And they have long pathway that is horrible.

I understand not want to play to go non-stop but waiting for damn near the whole day all for it to be gone in seconds isn't stupid?
  • Options

You need to manage all your currencies, including energy. Like I said - there are other game modes to be played that do not require the same energy, and the point is that you play those game modes while waiting for your normal energy to recover. Or you can spend units to refresh your energy.

Don't have units? Oh dear, go and do some rounds of arena to build up your stockpile of Battlechips which, in turn, can be used to try for units via crystals

Lvl 40 is low lvl. Brother I need 20 lvl to hit max.

And forcing players to waste their time by playing a stupid mode for hours just to complete quest is ridiculous
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Super2023 said:

And forcing players to waste their time by playing a stupid mode for hours just to complete quest is ridiculous
    How far are you in story?
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 539 ★★★
    Super2023 said:

I like how I'm criticizing the game, I get disagrees for speaking about an issue in the game.

You're free to have an opinion on the energy system. If you want to go into more details on what energy system you think they should implement, that would be great.

As for the disagrees, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the fact that everyone but you has said they're okay with the current system, and your response was "They should overhaul the energy system".
  • Options
    Wong_98 said:

Super2023 said:

How far are you in story?
    Act 6 Chapter 1
  • Options
    JollyHawk said:

Super2023 said:

You're free to have an opinion on the energy system. If you want to go into more details on what energy system you think they should implement, that would be great.

As for the disagrees, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the fact that everyone but you has said they're okay with the current system, and your response was "They should overhaul the energy system".
    Either
    1) reduce the minutes you have to wait for energy to be refill (6 minutes for 1 energy is **** crazy)

Or

2) Make every quest need energy to get into and remove energy needed to move during the tiles
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,062 ★★★★
    Super2023 said:

Trust me when i say that in only a month or two's time, this will all feel like a "blip."

I know you can't fuly understand it - but those of us that were here from day 1, are ASTOUNDED at the speed in which new accounts can get to, what was for us, a few years process.

Trust that everything is working as intended and while you wish you had more energy, the content is skewed more in your favor than it ever has been before.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 689 ★★★★
    Super2023 said:

I understand but 6+ hours isn't crazy. I don't think you understand the post why I'm punish for moving in game to finish this exploration rewards. And they have long pathway that is horrible.

I understand not want to play to go non-stop but waiting for damn near the whole day all for it to be gone in seconds isn't stupid?
    What are you exploring now and why the rush?

Wake up, start with full energy. It can fully refill 2-3 times a day without a refill. Join an active alliance, and you'll get a decent amount of refills a week for free.

There's also other options outside of quest energy. Arena and incursions alone can take hours, plus AQ, AW, and BG. Arena can further fuel purchasing refills.

If all of that isn't enough, is it possible you're spending too much time on a game?
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 660 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Same here, I finished the 7 for 7 challenge and that brought me down to about 19 full energy refills, but I think between 8.3 and the extra BG solo event I’ll probably use up most of them or close to it
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★
    Super2023 said:

JollyHawk said:

Super2023 said:

Either
    1) reduce the minutes you have to wait for energy to be refill (6 minutes for 1 energy is **** crazy)

Or

2) Make every quest need energy to get into and remove energy needed to move during the tiles
    Also for future notice. Almost every time someone tells kabam to do something, especially with your tone and presentation, they will at the least do nothing and at the most roast you and do the opposite out of spite
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian
    Super2023 said:

There are games that do not use energy in the way this one does, but those games have entirely different ways of balancing their game. This game is one that uses energy in that way, and you cannot transplant those kinds of mechanics into this game.

There are games where, like you say, the costs are leveled up front, but then the entire game including its content and reward systems are balanced around those mechanics. If you did that here, all sorts of things would break or go otherwise awry. In fact, even this game does create content that sometimes doesn't have energy costs - some side quests are like that for example. But even here, that content is balanced around those zero energy costs. Things like monthly quests are not.

Waiting all day for energy that you can spend in seconds would be stupid, but this game doesn't do that. The problem with hyperbole is that it never actually works in your favor, and yet people keep using it like it does.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,325 ★★★★
    Super2023 said:

Because it’s obviously not an issue for anyone else. Had maaany full refills in stash as well, but used them all now to grind TB/ParaGauntlet, all Side Quests and Goals for this month and lots of BG. But yeah, you got 35 days = 5 weeks for the Event and are not supposed to finish it all Day 1.

And your idea with charging the full Energy to enter the Quest is bad cause that would consume way more if you fail and restart the Quest (again and again).
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Super2023 said:

I have to wait 6 HOURS to get my **** refilled and everyone is either saying "I got energies" or saying "You never play a gacha game" which funny since most gacha game I like (KoF and DBZ) have better energy system than this game

You don't have to wait six hours to play.
    Go to store, a full energy refill costs only 30 units, and I'm surprised no one still have mentioned it.
    If you don't have units either, just grind half an hour of arena, which will net you at least 30 units (maybe more if you are lucky with arena crystals) and buy a refill.
    Waiting six hours is a choice you are making, not something that the game forces you to do.
    Also recently Kabam reduced monthly EQ consumption significantly.
    If you read my posts history, I'm critical against Kabam on many things.
    But on the energy economy, Kabam has done a great job.
    If you had used the time you spent creating and responding to this post in the game (arena), you would already had energy refills in your stash, rather than complains and frustration 😉