**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Deep wound mastery VS Morbius.

DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,588 ★★★★
Morbius can’t die from direct damage as his kit explained. Me and my alliance mates were texting back and forth in our group chat not understanding why Morbius in paragon Gauntlet did not want to be defeated despite the player using Nick Fury as an attacker. We came to the conclusion that the Deep wound mastery in its explanation does a direct damage.

We got a little mad about it not knowing what to do about it as deep wound is needed for some champion’s kit to be further improved with bleeding the opponent and so on, but can’t use it against Morbius?

I’d like to suggest if kabam could change the deep wound mastery and not make it a direct damage or is it another method to reset the mastery back and forth when fighting against Morbius?

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    He only can't die FROM direct damage. You can still hit and kill him. I used Nick all times and killed him by hitting him. Doesn't matter even if he is bleeding
  • Options
    Also, it's not just deep wounds. Bleeds are also direct damage.
  • Options
    So you can still defeat him by hitting into his block when using Nick fury or any other champion as long the player don’t inflict a bleed DOT since with deep wound active it would stop Morbius from dying as it’s direct damage?

The player meet an issue when fighting Morbius in paragon Gauntlet and used Nick fury. The Bleed DOT was there, but somehow morbius did not want to die 🤔 could it be because the instant bleed damage from deep wound was active at the moment of the DOT impact somehow bypassed the mechanics? Having hard time to explain this as I have not any video to further show more.
  • Options

I missed this information when I was writing my reply.

Interesting so the bleed DOT counts as a direct damage? I feel like I missed this information somewhere that it has always been a direct damage.
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

I missed this information when I was writing my reply.

Interesting so the bleed DOT counts as a direct damage? I feel like I missed this information somewhere that it has always been a direct damage.
    Direct damage just means it's not affected by physical or energy resistance. Since bleed damage is neither physical not energy, it falls under that.

Btw, the direct damage in deep wounds is also bleed damage.
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

So you can still defeat him by hitting into his block when using Nick fury or any other champion as long the player don’t inflict a bleed DOT since with deep wound active it would stop Morbius from dying as it’s direct damage?

The player meet an issue when fighting Morbius in paragon Gauntlet and used Nick fury. The Bleed DOT was there, but somehow morbius did not want to die 🤔 could it be because the instant bleed damage from deep wound was active at the moment of the DOT impact somehow bypassed the mechanics? Having hard time to explain this as I have not any video to further show more.

He won't die just from bleed. You have to still hit him once he reaches 1%
  • Options
    Btw , is this infiG
  • Options

Btw , is this infiG

It is.
  • Options

Daddrieda said:

So it’s all down to the timing to wait out the bleed duration to finish its course and then hit into block to fully defeat Morbius.
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

Btw , is this infiG

It is.
    Ahhh... Who's having the issue? Say hi to the folks over there for me?
  • Options
    But it’s a bit confusing because it does not state anywhere in Nick Fury’s kit that his bleed is an instant bleed.
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

So it’s all down to the timing to wait out the bleed duration to finish its course and then hit into block to fully defeat Morbius.
    No need. Just hit him like normal
  • Options
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

But it’s a bit confusing because it does not state anywhere in Nick Fury’s kit that his bleed is an instant bleed.

Deep wounds causes an instant bleed when the opponent has less health than you.
  • Options
    I see. We believe that the player faced some kind of a small bug using Nick fury VS morbius. Eventually he won and went again for a second path round and this time Morbius was defeated with no issue. We assumed that there was some kind of missed interaction that the game thought Nick’s bleed was an instant bleed but does not specify in his kit that it is.
  • Options
    ZanyDruid0702ZanyDruid0702 Posts: 24
    Hey, I’m the person facing the issue when I used my NF against morb i just took him down to lower health but this is where it gets confusing I ended the fight in a combo I think a MLLLL and waited for him to just die from bleed but it went from 2% to 1% where morb came across and destroyed me from like 30% hp but he remained at 1% better yet at 1 hit point surely the 2 bleeds I had on him would have still done damage to kill?
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 616 ★★★
    He can not die to direct damage effects, hence undying.. they really should give it a pop up that better explains what it does
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Pikolu said:

Daddrieda said:

Deep wounds causes an instant bleed when the opponent has less health than you.
    But deep wound mastery can only happen to fusion it with a bleed DOT that successfully activated it and only on just that hit while the rest of the remaining Bleed DOT duration should behave normally while not continuing staying fusion with the deep wound mastery?
  • Options
    Ortoun said:

He can not die to direct damage effects, hence undying.. they really should give it a pop up that better explains what it does

That is the confusing part from our side. If nick’s kit specify that his bleed DOT is not an instant bleed and if you choose to let Morbius die from the Bleed Dot while dashing back and not doing anything else except letting the DOT finish the fight then morbius should die, no? Unless @ZanyDruid0702 had some small bug.
  • Options
    No bug, if he is awakened, he can only die to being hit
  • Options
    ZanyDruid0702ZanyDruid0702 Posts: 24
    That’s what I’m confused about to in no where in his kit also does it say that bleed damage is instant so morb should have died from me leaving him bleed from the active ones on him?
  • Options
    Not sure where you guys are getting instant from, maybe think of it this way, if it does red numbers, it can't kill him, that's dot effects, burst damage, that kind of stuff. You literally have to deal the final hit with an attack.
  • Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 785 ★★★★

That’s what I’m confused about to in no where in his kit also does it say that bleed damage is instant so morb should have died from me leaving him bleed from the active ones on him?

Bleed, no matter what kind, will never kill Morbius. You can still hit him to kill him, his undying passive does not prevent death from HITS just death from DIRECT DAMAGE.
    Direct Damage includes:
    Degen
    (Certain) Thorns
    Bleed
    Poison
    Or anything not specified to be physical or energy DoT/Instant Damage. If it’s not physical or energy, it is direct.
  • Options

Morbius cannot die from Direct damage which includes every DoT under the sun. So ask yourself this question, "am I trying to kill morbius with red numbers?" If the answer to that question is Yes, then slap yourself in the face and realize that morbius awakened cannot die to red numbers of literally any kind. Doesn't matter if it is instant. It doesn't matter if you're using void It doesn't matter if they have recoil. Morbius can NOT die to red numbers of any kind. Literally just hit him one more time and he is dead.
  • Options

Bleed, no matter what kind, will never kill Morbius. You can still hit him to kill him, his undying passive does not prevent death from HITS just death from DIRECT DAMAGE.
    Direct Damage includes:
    Degen
    (Certain) Thorns
    Bleed
    Poison
    Or anything not specified to be physical or energy DoT/Instant Damage. If it’s not physical or energy, it is direct.
    This makes more sense.
  • Options
    Thank you all for shedding wisdom! Wish you all great weekend.
  • Options
    zbot34zbot34 Posts: 443
    Daddrieda said:

Morbius can’t die from direct damage as his kit explained. Me and my alliance mates were texting back and forth in our group chat not understanding why Morbius in paragon Gauntlet did not want to be defeated despite the player using Nick Fury as an attacker. We came to the conclusion that the Deep wound mastery in its explanation does a direct damage.

We got a little mad about it not knowing what to do about it as deep wound is needed for some champion’s kit to be further improved with bleeding the opponent and so on, but can’t use it against Morbius?

I’d like to suggest if kabam could change the deep wound mastery and not make it a direct damage or is it another method to reset the mastery back and forth when fighting against Morbius?

Hmm this is a quandary for sure. I think you just need to Git Gud my friend. Play better! Teehee I kid I kid. I joke my alliance mate. I couldn't resist
  • Options
    zbot34 said:

Daddrieda said:

Hmm this is a quandary for sure. I think you just need to Git Gud my friend. Play better! Teehee I kid I kid. I joke my alliance mate. I couldn't resist
    I got roasted 😂
  • Options
    zbot34 said:

Daddrieda said:

You're in infiG? When how why
  • Options