Consumables Update: 3-Step Plan and First Look

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    Don't feel bad about the negativity MCOC Team, I have 4 kids. They complain about ice cream and I bring home chocolate and they whinge there's no strawberry, then I bring home strawberry and they tell me I never listen and don't understand how hard it is to be a kid.

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,901 ★★★★★
    Why dont people just wait and see how these heals are then feedback on how to make them better as they aint gonna change to percentage heals as otherwise theres no point making new level heals and they will stop at level 4 and they would have to reduce how much u can farm from places like rol where u can farm level 3 and level 3 team heals and path rewards that have a chance at a level 4 would be a lower potion due to the highest potion is only gonna be available via offers.

what there doing is making it so they dont have to nerf places but instead introducing new heals which is better and over time the bigger heals will be reduced when new ones get introduced.
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 455 ★★★
    I have no idea how people look at this and just think "Greedy Kabam". The fact that Paragons will be able to heal 30k for what it currently costs to heal 10k is huge. This is absolutely not a "Greedy Kabam" move. If they introduced level 6 and 7 potions but left costs untouched (which would make the new potions 50+ Units each), then I'd say you have a case.

I swear, people will complain about almost anything.
  • cur53dcur53d Member Posts: 300 ★★
    At least throw us a bone and lower the unit cost for revives also. 20 units for 40% revives would be a nice gesture
  • SeenkSeenk Member Posts: 212 ★★
    edited October 2023
    If I understand correctly, we will now be able to heal Champions even during a fight. This is a good idea, but if this feature will be introduced to the AW it will break the competitive mode of the AW. Then almost all Alliances will have 0 deaths, regular players who don't play often will spend Potions in half a season, while Donaters who always go with a full inventory will ALWAYS heal their Champions in a fight. It won't be Alliance Wars anymore, but a War of who has the most Potions in their inventory, lol.

Kabam, please don't introduce this feature to the AW!
  • Geronimo3124Geronimo3124 Member Posts: 30
    I can’t wait to check the forums a year from now when we are attacking with 7* R3 champs with 100k health and my level 7 potion is taking my champ from 20k health to 40k health
  • CdjcdkjCdjcdkj Member Posts: 74
    Percentage based potions will solve all problems you won't have to make newer potions in the code every year it's cheaper for you to do that as well with less coding dumbest thing I heard from kabam it will cause problems
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian
    This is a step in the right direction, for a start.
    It includes improvements for war players specifically, making their healing much cheaper for units.

There are a bunch of questions i've put forward to Kabam though, dont want to add criticism without getting some answers first.
  • TheDarkestknightTheDarkestknight Member Posts: 33
    This is what we get with all the godly ai and the frustrating years old inout issues? Dont say the apothecary 20% revive which wont last a hit after I use it is supposed to carry me againt allat?
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Member Posts: 150 ★★

This tells you that even GW and others like him doesn't like this "revamp", if that doesn't send a message, I don't know what will.
  • zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,229 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023
    % base health potions will hurt their bottom line. It's that simple. They wouldn't have to update the health potions in the future if they just change it to % base.
  • Unknown_playerUnknown_player Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2023
    Don't worry guys, it's just a classic Kabam nothing burger.
  • Eternity0Eternity0 Member Posts: 113 ★★
    So giving the feedback without knowing the whole context.

The system of potions looks good and solid. Problem is why only unit based remodeling. Lets say for the sake of argument top 5% who uses potions in lengthy content like abyss or necropolis which comes in 2-3 years (i Don't why they would use potions anywhere else but sure) or aw master allies who uses potions would benefit from this sure. Change is great don't get wrong but for rest of the community this Doesn't help. Do people use units for potions that regularly in general?

I hope there is a second post to help about general community. lvl5-6 potions being added to 4hour crystals would be a start for paragon players.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Member Posts: 408 ★★★
    While I can appreciate lowering the unit cost of potions, I don’t understand the issues switching to a percent based system would cause. For anyone who spends units on potions, then I can see this being an improvement, but for anyone else who don’t, like myself, it doesn’t really do much of anything.

As pointed out, the main problem with the current potion system is that champion health pools are constantly growing larger and outgrowing the amounts healed by potions. While I appreciate the transparency behind this post, I feel like there should have been some clarification as to why increasing the amount healed or switching to a percent based system were ultimately ruled out. Either of those options would have benefitted more players, and would have been more beneficial, than just decreasing the unit cost.