Options

Let's Chat About Defender AI - Current state, behind the scenes, upcoming changes

Comments

• Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 286 ★★★

Kabam: we will be making changes to the ai

Ai after the change:
    https://youtu.be/6HsUROFiMe4?si=3NfEYEu0advlXdP8

This is the very reason why people stop playing this game.
  • Options
    idlavonidlavon Posts: 34
    Is this going to be another hanging thread again, because when i google about AI in mcoc forum it has always been just an open thread with no closure or information. Or is this the wrong place to submit an example of AI behavior that needs to be addressed?
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 814 ★★★★
    idlavon said:

Is this going to be another hanging thread again, because when i google about AI in mcoc forum it has always been just an open thread with no closure or information. Or is this the wrong place to submit an example of AI behavior that needs to be addressed?

I don't think they know how to fix it tbh. If they did, they wouldn't have risked the embarrassment of having to force the champions to throw Special 1s and 2s at the Battlerealm Brawl.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 468 ★★★
    edited November 2023

idlavon said:

I don't think they know how to fix it tbh. If they did, they wouldn't have risked the embarrassment of having to force the champions to throw Special 1s and 2s at the Battlerealm Brawl.
    I don't know if that is true. When you look at Cytalis, Behamut, and Cervestes(apologies for butchering spellings) those are all very interactive and fun fights with the champs willing to throw SPs. If they can make those AIs throw SPs they can make it that way for all opponents.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★

Nothing has changed at all the ai is still the same and its beyound a joke im loosing points in aw and loosing wars because of the defender ai kabam nothing has changed at all u said u was gonna fix defender ai and to me it just does not feel that way if anything it has gotten worse

Kabam didn't say the AI was supposed to feel different.

The goal was literally to make the AI feel the same, so they can make sure they are able to re-create it, and then fix it
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★

They have nit fixed it thou

Again, they did not *try* and fix it with this update. They had a different goal, to re create the AI and have it function the same as it did before, but only do it is then possible to fix it more easily than before.

They are aware it’s an issue, they’re working on it. But you aren’t supposed to have noticed a difference because of this post.

I’d advise to re-read the original post, it gives insight on what you’re misunderstanding
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,855 ★★★★★

Kabam: we will be making changes to the ai

Ai after the change:
    https://youtu.be/6HsUROFiMe4?si=3NfEYEu0advlXdP8

Yup, it’s been like this on the Grandmaster aswell. He held on to his sp1 until he cornered me. This is even worse than before.
    That's actually quite brutal AI and something which everyone want to see actually get tuned down.
  • Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 286 ★★★

Tbh i dunno what more prove your or kabam needs ai is worse afyer the apparent change

I think they understand the issue, and admitting it is a good start. However, my biggest concern with Kabam is the slow response to issues in the game. For instance, it takes a long time for them to revamp in-game rewards or to address sensitive issues like this one. If they could stay on top of these matters, the game could reach new heights.

In my honest opinion, MCOC is still the best Marvel game, and I appreciate that Kabam is becoming more pro-player now.
  • Options
    i_witch_ii_witch_i Posts: 1
    Is anyones game actually loading? ive been on the loading screen for 20 minutes and it STILL hasnt loaded.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    So, firstly I'm glad it's not just me, but secondly you all admit to changing the AI it needed to be done, I get that, but you say changes should be minimal, but I times out of a war fight, literally backing off for 3 and a half - 4 minutes trying to bait a sp2. I wouldn't mind if it meant they never launched, but the second they hit the sp3 they insta fire, mid combo, mid charge, anything just insta fire after spending minutes trying to bait the sp2.

Also, game loading endlessly or crashing, but that may be a me issue.
  • Options
    OpxOpx Posts: 132
    Today in aw I had a Surfer vs Proton match. I have not yet seen what happened to me. Proton dexterity whole unblok sp2. Plus with a super passive AI that caught my every attack it was unplayable. What AI shows is not fun at all.
  • Options
    PoethellPoethell Posts: 125
    Let’s fix the Piggy bank first
  • Options
    EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Posts: 261
    This new AI is really something. Throwing random heavies instead of dashing in, throwing specials into block, ignoring open opportunity for specials and just sitting there hanging on to specials if the bar is close to the next special...
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    @EgyptOverseer This has been the normal going on a year and what’s the rush to get it fixed when it doesn’t affect them none. We can’t even get any update on the progress as it’s not priority.