**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It's that time of year - Banquet and Accolade Events are here!

Comments

• Options
    Predator10Predator10 Posts: 1
    Mike gave a level headed and warm response in regards to the reward milestones and it was a good response however it was still a bit flawed and even little contradictory if u consider the fact that the milestones don't have even 5% of what the top ranked rewards offer.

Regardless of this the concern is fair in terms of the business perspective so its upto us to offer actionable suggestions in the forums as Mike said. So

Number 1 on that list would be to make the points system back to how it was. The point nerf is unnecessary and doesn't make sense if Kabam's concern was on the oversupply of 7 stars or their mats. And Mike's comparison and logic of relic vs abyss nexus fails here because 4k units was enough to give you all the top rewards last time whereas that same 4k units don't even get you halfway this time around and the fun fact is you get nearly the exact same rewards as last time for this range so how is it more worthy in terms of the game's progression. Even double that and put 8k units still only gets u the abyss nexus which is also not close to the top.

Number 2 would be to reduce the crystal cost to 150-200 units if points system remains the same. This can be more the profitable option for them since opening free GBC won't give as much points.

Bonus changes they can do which the top players have also suggested is to add some exclusive progression gated milestones too along with this at least from Cav or Tb. This is harder to implement so no hopes for this time around but can be a good idea for next year. But they should at least implement ideas 1 or 2 if they truly want to make some changes for the best of players and the event.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Any info on Anniversary Solo Event not giving Selectors as per in game mail info?
  • Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 262
    Also after seeing the cost I’m taking the free units and GBC and pushing for cav
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,986 ★★★★★

POV kabam Jax

If I could avoid it, I wouldn't touch this one with a 39-and-a-half-foot pole either.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 472 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

POV kabam Jax

If I could avoid it, I wouldn't touch this one with a 39-and-a-half-foot pole either.
    But it's, and I Quote "literally my job" -Jax, on reading and replying to forum comments
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★

POV kabam Jax

fr but also Miike gave us a confusing answer
  • Options
    Asim38Asim38 Posts: 136
    edited December 2023
    I said this back in May that rank up resources (catalysts specifically) are becoming obsolete.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/336683/rank-up-resources-are-becoming-obsolete#latest

The reason I felt it was important to highlight these catalysts (T4B, T2A, T5B) was because they were considered high value - more on value later. That is showing here today in these Banquet event rewards. The moment a new rarity appears, the previous top rarity slowly starts losing its value. This is proportional to the new rarity pool developing. I think Ascension really helps with that. For anyone that doesn't have a top 6 star already ranked up, will surely use the rank up materials (T4B, T2A, T5B) and look to ascend them as well. This keeps 6 stars relevant and competitive for far much longer. It is a little too late for 5 stars when it comes to end game players or whales but still gives a longer shelf life to 5 stars for the progressing players. There are still a lot of players that join the game today that can benefit from these catalysts and Ascension.

Value - The value of the catalysts, as expected, has been shifting with the progression of the game too. Newer rarity, higher rank, less use of previously coveted catalyst. However, value takes a little more hit when there are multiple ways of acquiring said catalysts. We can acquire catalysts via Units, Loyalty, Battleground Tokens, and Glory. This just speeds up ranking up of champs (limited by Gold and ISO of course).

Speaking of acquiring catalysts via Units, the VALUE of a T2A is 20 Units. Greater Banquet Crystal will most likely have the highest chance of acquiring 5x T2A. This is an equivalent Unit value of 100 Units. It will cost 300 Units for a GBC with likely return equivalent to 100 Units. Increasing the number of T2A to 10 or even a 100 wouldn't matter since we can't sell T2A.

I understand that this is not the right place to ask this question, however, it is about time T4CC and T2A be allowed to be sold. They cannot be used after taking a 6 star to R3 and neither has any use for a 7 star. It can be locked by progression to impede newer summoners jumping through content faster with champs too strong for content tailored to their progression level so they don't hit a wall. For many of us, there will be a plethora of T2A in overflow after the Banquet this year and that is a huge turn-off.

In addition to enabling selling some catalysts, the Banquet should be progression gated. We have solo events gated by progression, crystals gated by progression, sales gated by progression, arenas gated by progression, and so on. Why can we not have Banquet gated by progression when it is an event and a crucial one at that similar to July 4th and Cyber Weekend sales?
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Asim38 said:

I said this back in May that rank up resources (catalysts specifically) are becoming obsolete.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/336683/rank-up-resources-are-becoming-obsolete#latest

The reason I felt it was important to highlight these catalysts (T4B, T2A, T5B) was because they were considered high value - more on value later. That is showing here today in these Banquet event rewards. The moment a new rarity appears, the previous top rarity slowly starts losing its value. This is proportional to the new rarity pool developing. I think Ascension really helps with that. For anyone that doesn't have a top 6 star already ranked up, will surely use the rank up materials (T4B, T2A, T5B) and look to ascend them as well. This keeps 6 stars relevant and competitive for far much longer. It is a little too late for 5 stars when it comes to end game players or whales but still gives a longer shelf life to 5 stars for the progressing players. There are still a lot of players that join the game today that can benefit from these catalysts and Ascension.

Value - The value of the catalysts, as expected, has been shifting with the progression of the game too. Newer rarity, higher rank, less use of previously coveted catalyst. However, value takes a little more hit when there are multiple ways of acquiring said catalysts. We can acquire catalysts via Units, Loyalty, Battleground Tokens, and Glory. This just speeds up ranking up of champs (limited by Gold and ISO of course).

Speaking of acquiring catalysts via Units, the VALUE of a T2A is 20 Units. Greater Banquet Crystal will most likely have the highest chance of acquiring 5x T2A. This is an equivalent Unit value of 100 Units. It will cost 300 Units for a GBC with likely return equivalent to 100 Units. Increasing the number of T2A to 10 or even a 100 wouldn't matter since we can't sell T2A.

I understand that this is not the right place to ask this question, however, it is about time T4CC and T2A be allowed to be sold. They cannot be used after taking a 6 star to R3 and neither has any use for a 7 star. It can be locked by progression to impede newer summoners jumping through content faster with champs too strong for content tailored to their progression level so they don't hit a wall. For many of us, there will be a plethora of T2A in overflow after the Banquet this year and that is a huge turn-off.

My brother in Christ…you can absolutely sell that nonsense now.
  • Options
    Asim38Asim38 Posts: 136
    TyEdge said:

Asim38 said:

NO WAY!!!! I had no idea! I just checked and you are right! Thanks bro!
  • Options
    Well, I did my first Necro path and now I don’t know what to do.

The gifting crystals appear to stink, so that’s going to be a low participation event for me - get the dust and bail. Maybe the first 7-star.

It’ll take time to replenish revives to consider another path. I don’t know of exploration is really in my future or not.

Using units to explore feels…not great. Like each death would be its own failure. And yet there’s nothing else to do. 8.4 is probably what…Mar/April?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,967 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

The gifting crystals appear to stink, so that’s going to be a low participation event for me - get the dust and bail. Maybe the first 7-star.

It’ll take time to replenish revives to consider another path. I don’t know of exploration is really in my future or not.

Using units to explore feels…not great. Like each death would be its own failure. And yet there’s nothing else to do. 8.4 is probably what…Mar/April?

8.4 may be sooner than you think. It’s generally 2-3 months after the beta, which was in November.

• Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Same boat here. My decision is largely roster dependent. If Shuri or Wong magically appears as a 7 star in my account, I might reconsider. Otherwise, I think I am just going to keep hoarding and wait for 8.4.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    Asim38 said:

TyEdge said:

Asim38 said:

NO WAY!!!! I had no idea! I just checked and you are right! Thanks bro!
    So time reading patch node
  • Options
    edited December 2023

TyEdge said:

8.4 may be sooner than you think. It’s generally 2-3 months after the beta, which was in November.

I’ll be very surprised if they hit Jan or Feb but that’s be great. They’ve done October - April - October for act 8 iirc. Act 7 chapters were 5 months apart, which would still be March.

The livestream that announced Valiant listed act 8 exploration as “spring 2024”
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,967 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

I’ll be very surprised if they hit Jan or Feb but that’s be great. They’ve done October - April - October for act 8 iirc. Act 7 chapters were 5 months apart, which would still be March.

The livestream that announced Valiant listed act 8 exploration as “spring 2024”
    Hopefully the turnarounds are quicker with the move to 3 paths per quest. Unless Kabam redirected some of that effort to other content unrelated to story.
  • Options
    Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★
    TyEdge said:

Save units for next july 4th offers and to explore necropolis, they'll have for sure more guaranteed value than spending for banquet crystals.
  • Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 269 ★★★
    yuara240 said:

Consumers vote with their wallets.

Unhappy/unwilling consumers won't spend on anything.

The company feels the effects of the loss of revenue.

They do better ASAP to ensure they don't continue to lose money or a loyal consumer base that is their primary source of income.

Summary: There should have been some consideration for the demographic that have a reason to spend more, not pretending act 1 players will have 6* R5s tomorrow because of rewards updated for the current meta.

I believe they think we’re bluffing when many people say they’ll be boycotting.

As a whale player, calling out other whale players to join me and others, and not spend a dime.
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297

Onurre2 said:

We reduced the number of points available for opening each Greater Gifting Crystal, but also reduced the points needed to hit that same milestone last year. Last year, there was 15 Solo Event milestones, with the top reward being a 5-Star Relic at 100,000 points. Buy and opening 25 crystals got you that Milestone. This year, the 15th Milestone is at 75,600 points and is a 6-Star Abyss Nexus Crystal. To get there, you would need to buy and open 28 GBCs. Yes, that is 3 more than before, but it's also arguably a better reward than the Relic Crystal.

If you reduce the points for opening a GBC and keep the price at the same 300 unit level than it is shady and stupid in my opinion. I don't care about a 6 star abyss nexus or a 5 star relic. You guys are just really not that smart huh. Lower the points, ask for more units, change the economy drastically in a year and still have the courage to say it is better than last year. What a JOKE!!
    I disagree on this one. Points don't exist in a vacuum, they are in relation to the milestones. We didn't need to change the number of points, and probably in retrospect shouldn't have, but the new additional milestones would have been higher to compensate for that. We don't tune these on the number of points you get, we tune them on the number of Crystals that you need to open. The number of points is not relevant.
    Dying over the hilariousness
    I almost feel bad for you, for having to defend such logic defying decisions..

You have a new title
    You released a new higher rarity of champ
    You added higher achievable ranks to the new champ rarity
    One Odin gave more than majority of this event which will cost more than a few odins. Cyber weekend May not be the normal economy, but this is also the next major Spending Event..
    You changed the games economy and think people should want outdated near valueless items
    At a time when your pushing your customers to spend and die in an event (literally making fun of the fact you created a complete pay to win game mode)

This is a gut punch to all Valiant players!
  • Options
    Any idea when or if kabam will provide an answer? Still discussing this feel useless, everything has been said