**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Act 6 difficulty

2»

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,546 ★★★★★
    edited January 6

Thats my mastery setup i dont like suicides and refuse to use them this setup has worked for me and i dont see me changing it any time soon hence why my champs pi are low

Research a bit.. that setup is pretty bad.
    Gonna have to farm units to fix the mastery setup before trying GM
  • Options
    ErrangErrang Posts: 73

Thats my mastery setup i dont like suicides and refuse to use them this setup has worked for me and i dont see me changing it any time soon hence why my champs pi are low

From what I can see, most of your masteries don’t cost units — while it’s tough to see their benefit without getting them, I would try to invest in them before attempting stories; in the long run masteries are cheaper than revives.

I would suggest this as a bare minimum budget build

I would highly recommend Despair, Deep Wounds, Assassin, Willpower and Mystic Dispersion. These are the absolute top masteries and will take time to unlock.

If you want to jump back into story again before those, this isn’t a bad setup.

At the end of the day, masteries either make the opponents health go down faster or your health go down slower — they’re basically turbocharging your game.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 826 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

@Charliejiggens I feel your pain as I only pushed through Act 6 a couple months ago, and it required a lot of time, units and bad feels. [sad face] As a gate to a different progression level, I don't see it changing anytime soon. There are many resources within the community (youtube, forums etc.) that can definitely give you a leg up and help you work smarter not harder.

As a note... I've seen a lot of "skill issue" and "git good" comments lately. These are the definition of unconstructive.
    We've said this on the forums before, and some of you may have gotten the message in warnings: disagree with ideas and concepts, do not turn your attention to people.

This community is at its best when Summoners are helping each other. I've seen streaks of brilliance in here before. Let's, please, not devolve into name calling and dismissive comments. Isn't it just easier to not comment than to go out of your way to belittle someone who has expressed they're struggling?

Food for thought.

Thank you. The toxicity of some of the posters here towards new users is just terrible. The same people wilt when challenged on their own skill levels. The very first response is just silly.
  • Options
    idlavonidlavon Posts: 34
    That roster is plenty enough, i think my advice would be :

1. Farm units for revive, theres a good deal right now for 500 units or get the 1000 units from EQ next week
    2. Watch youtube to learn what the nodes do and how they interact (dont blindly follow the champion they use)
    3. Practice the path, try fight the 1st node of the path itemless (no boost, no revive) if you die restart the quest that way you dont waste resource as much. Consider the boss as well, if you made it to the boss with minimal resource and confident enough to redo the path i'd suggest restart the whole quest if you get wiped.
    4. Take a break from this game if its stressful, remember this is a game its supposed to be fun. If its no longer fun you might aswell quit, there are more fun things than this game out there.

Good luck
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,374 Guardian
    Masteries. Well from the complaints, no, they are not working best for you.
    Some highlights.

Strength / Vitality (first 2 nodes in each of Offense / Defense).
    You have major amounts of points in all 4 of them.
    But both Greater ones are not even full at Max, even though you still have extra available from the Lesser ones. Just doesn’t make sense that extra 1 point each would not be in Greater ones to Max those out instead of Lesser (even if you really did want to keep extra points in any of those 4).
    **But, really, anything above 1 in all 4 of those is just losing out on a whole lot of other/better mastery nodes. Too many points needed for too little relative return. You have to crank those 2 Greater ones up too much (too many points) to really start to see a benefit. And the Lesser ones are basically pointless to have more than just 1 in.

Cruelty/Precision (ie, for Critical Hits.. the Rate and Damage)
    The Greater versions of those 2 do cost a bunch of Units to unlock, but are **WELL WORTH IT**.
    Moving excess from Lesser into Greater versions for Critical Hits has (I believe) a 5 times greater effect per mastery point. (been a long time since looking at them in detail, but isn’t Greater a 5x benefit of what Lesser is ?)

Fury branch at bottom.
    Long ago (and don’t think it has changed), those had so much of a TINY effect, they were basically “sucker bets”. So a Fury effect would last an extra fraction of a fraction of a second. Wooop.
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 801 ★★★★
    I'm not gonna be constructive, however this is a good example of how kabam's hope of just rushing through content sounds good initially, but bad in long term. You are not the only player who gets stuck in act 6 or generally "harder" content with this kind of roster. Players rushing in act 5 with 6* R2 champions, never actually learning the nodes just powering through them with those champs. Then when the harder content appears they are just stuck, because they have never learned how to actually handle those nodes.
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 230 ★★★

Fare enough but i wont be changing them any tike soon untill i watch some vids but it will change at some point they might be wrong to you but they work for me

Bro, there’s a lot of very useful information in this thread now.

For those of us who have played for a long time, seeing your masteries was the “ah-ha” moment. With that setup, it’s like you’re driving your car with two flat tires. Yes, you are still moving forward, but it’s bumpy and slow.

Masteries are big investments but they are the one resource in the game that do not depreciate. Once you pay to unlock them, you receive the benefit forever. There’s no better way to spend units in the game.

You should prioritize unlocking Greater Precision, Greater Cruelty, and Willpower. You have a really good roster. Fixing your masteries will show you what those champs can really do.
  • Options

Fare enough but i wont be changing them any tike soon untill i watch some vids but it will change at some point they might be wrong to you but they work for me

Fine don't change them, don't open a thread later on about being stuck on GM
  • Options
    Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 90

Hi, I need a tip please. I'm facing the champion in act 6 cap 2 (round two) and I can't beat him. When the champion reaches 10% health he gets charges. I don't understand how to cancel the charges to damage him? Which champion should I use to beat him?

Ren is the best counter for this fight and because of his self root it's easier to get in position to dex once down to the final 10%. He is also a perfect counter for another part in act 6 for that same reason.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,233 ★★★★★
    edited January 7

My rank twos qnd rank ones and my rank 5 5*

On my alt I had 10% of this account and already explored 8.3 already and Paragon on that

Just see some YT videos. With this account, you can crush act 6,7 and 8
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,681 ★★★★★
    Twist1298 said:

Hi, I need a tip please. I'm facing the champion in act 6 cap 2 (round two) and I can't beat him. When the champion reaches 10% health he gets charges. I don't understand how to cancel the charges to damage him? Which champion should I use to beat him?

Ren is the best counter for this fight and because of his self root it's easier to get in position to dex once down to the final 10%. He is also a perfect counter for another part in act 6 for that same reason.
    Watch a video on how to time it. Anyone can do that last part. I found it easier to dodge the last part of the sp1.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 806 ★★★★
    The matstery screenshots are fine for the last 10%. Having recoil masteries or deep wounds won't help. What will help is prolonging the fight just a little bit more.

There area a lot of people showing differnet champions taking the fight down, and a lot of tutorial videos... Bring a tanky champion, and work those dexes. Take hits on the block if it helps with your spacing.
  • Options
    GokemonGokemon Posts: 91

Yeah i have a good rooster but im not a great player never claimed to be

Damm tho . When people were first doing Og TB runs, having a rank 3 was hard, yeah I myself have 8 now. They have made it easier to have them these days. Or else it was quite time taking the way rank 4s are for TB players
  • Options
    DiscoNnectKingDiscoNnectKing Posts: 441 ★★
    ahmynuts said:

Kabam Jax said:

@Charliejiggens I feel your pain as I only pushed through Act 6 a couple months ago, and it required a lot of time, units and bad feels. [sad face] As a gate to a different progression level, I don't see it changing anytime soon. There are many resources within the community (youtube, forums etc.) that can definitely give you a leg up and help you work smarter not harder.

As a note... I've seen a lot of "skill issue" and "git good" comments lately. These are the definition of unconstructive.
    We've said this on the forums before, and some of you may have gotten the message in warnings: disagree with ideas and concepts, do not turn your attention to people.

This community is at its best when Summoners are helping each other. I've seen streaks of brilliance in here before. Let's, please, not devolve into name calling and dismissive comments. Isn't it just easier to not comment than to go out of your way to belittle someone who has expressed they're struggling?

Food for thought.

Jax if you haven't checked out MCOCNOOB on YouTube, he makes fantastic guides for the story content. We're expecting to see you at Valiant when Act 8 finishes
    He probably has lol
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,196 ★★★★★
    If you have above average skill, you would be in act 7/8 now 😂
  • Options
    GokemonGokemon Posts: 91

Twist1298 said:

Watch a video on how to time it. Anyone can do that last part. I found it easier to dodge the last part of the sp1.
    Let me be honest. When I did that, I was nervous. But for real I fought with Claire, and I didn't even realize that I had already taken 2 of his charges away. By the time I realized and took the last charge, he was done for. A solo without noticing lol. That's the part I was scared since everyone faced that part as the hardest one
  • Options

I wont be stuck on gm dont worry about that. im always watching ways people have beaten gm any advice on gm would be greatly apreciated

And you haven't watch videos of other act 6 bosses you were stuck on? Is that why they were so hard?
    GM is by far the most "rebooted" boss in Everest content and you think it will be ok cause you watch many vids...