Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

so they fix the AI from re-parry to more parry?

i've heard about kabam admit they change the AI because of the reparry thing. is that the reason why i got parried 3 times in a BGs fight?
i mean that's my record today. i think i got parried about 10 times today

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,099 ★★★★★

i've heard about kabam admit they change the AI because of the reparry thing. is that the reason why i got parried 3 times in a BGs fight?

Are you saying you shouldn't be getting parried in BGs?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,099 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

The reparry issue we had previously from AI is back. Kabam even stated this.

The amount of gaslighting in this single response is outstanding. Highly impressed.

They admitted there is an issue with the reparry, and with AI throwing specials. Your response is pointless and unneeded. Thought you were getting better than this.
    OP said parried only. They didn't say they got re-parried. They asked about the "re-parry" issue and then asked why if that's why they got parried. Not re-parried, but parried. I asked to clarify.

People say all kinds of crazy things on these forums. I didn't say it wasn't happening. I didn't say it should be happening. I didn't say anything but ask a question whether they think they shouldn't be getting parried in BGs.

It's not like OP provided screenshots, videos or any other context to their post. It's not like they wrote a cohesive post that explained what they were experiencing. They mentioned re-parry once and continued to talk about parry. They are 2 different things

I know all 3 of you, especially Hippo boy, hate me. I get it. I'll be your villain but this isn't anything you're making it out to be.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited January 17
    The re-parry fix was never even talked about and that entire time this so called fix was in place the AI was still able to do it and the Sp2 holding has been going on for a long time now. They also changed the AI because it didn’t always light intercept like it does, they also evade like crazy even before getting off the ground, this was definitely not always a thing.

This all started last year when they introduced 7* and throughout the year I can tell when this stuff was being added because if you have been playing the game for years and play the game actively you can tell when the defender is doing things they never did before.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

The re-parry fix was never even talked about and that entire time this so called fix was in place the AI was still able to do it and the Sp2 holding has been going on for a long time now. They also changed the AI because it didn’t always light intercept like it does, they also evade like crazy even before getting off the ground, this was definitely not always a thing.

This all started last year when they introduced 7* and throughout the year I can tell when this stuff was being added because if you have been playing the game for years and play the game actively you can tell when the defender is doing things they never did before.

This all dates back to the update where EoP Blade’s solo fight was present. This fight had an objective that BWDO could clear but if you his his block the reparry on you medium could melt you. It’s over 2+ years ago since then and reparry and overpowered AI complaints go back. It’s nice to see it’s at least acknowledged and they want to fix it but it’s been neglected that long.
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 552 ★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

The amount of gaslighting in this single response is outstanding. Highly impressed.

They admitted there is an issue with the reparry, and with AI throwing specials. Your response is pointless and unneeded. Thought you were getting better than this.
    OP said parried only. They didn't say they got re-parried. They asked about the "re-parry" issue and then asked why if that's why they got parried. Not re-parried, but parried. I asked to clarify.

People say all kinds of crazy things on these forums. I didn't say it wasn't happening. I didn't say it should be happening. I didn't say anything but ask a question whether they think they shouldn't be getting parried in BGs.

It's not like OP provided screenshots, videos or any other context to their post. It's not like they wrote a cohesive post that explained what they were experiencing. They mentioned re-parry once and continued to talk about parry. They are 2 different things

I know all 3 of you, especially Hippo boy, hate me. I get it. I'll be your villain but this isn't anything you're making it out to be.
    I’m not your boy. Your routine disrespect and blind defense of Kabam is why your posts are always attacked.
    Lol he didn't call you his boy

Zuko_ILC said:

I’m not your boy. Your routine disrespect and blind defense of Kabam is why your posts are always attacked.
    Freudian slip.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    JollyHawk said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Freudian slip.
    Hungary secretly wants to be Demon's boy
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,705 Guardian

According to the announcement, they fixed it, but then defenders really didn't want to throw their specials so they reverted it and are looking to see how they can fix it without other huge problems.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,449 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

According to the announcement, they fixed it, but then defenders really didn't want to throw their specials so they reverted it and are looking to see how they can fix it without other huge problems.
    There's a fun poll: u rather have re-parry or stingy specials? The answer of course is Game Should Work, but here we are...
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,049 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

The answer of course is Game Should Work

Unrelated to the topic, I just admire your commitment to putting Sersi into all of your image responses.

On topic: the announcement seems to say the reparry issue is specific to attacker’s with double hits on their medium, with the first hit getting blocked normally and the second getting reparried. If you getting parried wasn’t off a two-hit medium, odds are this wasn’t why you got parried.
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 304 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Unrelated to the topic, I just admire your commitment to putting Sersi into all of your image responses.

On topic: the announcement seems to say the reparry issue is specific to attacker’s with double hits on their medium, with the first hit getting blocked normally and the second getting reparried. If you getting parried wasn’t off a two-hit medium, odds are this wasn’t why you got parried.
    what solution do you think that they will do to fix the 2 hits medium getting reparried?
    have you ever think of the way they will fix it?
    what if they change the timing of parry of defenders so that they no longer can reparry 2 hits medium but that change bring in another issue is that they now can parry 1 hit medium . i'm not saying that they can do that all the time but who know if i'm correct or not.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,839 ★★★★★
    That AI change to fix the reparry issue cost me 30 revives in Necropolis GM as it had catastrophic side effects to him not throwing specials
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,449 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Despite the fun i usually have on the boards, i do appreciate that there's a few employees who do take it to heart when stuff they work on doesn't quite work out through no fault of their own, and others who earnestly try to fix stuff despite the avalanche of complaints and negativity. I'll always support those who strive for Game Should Work. It works enough for me to still enjoy it, anyways.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,705 Guardian

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Despite the fun i usually have on the boards, i do appreciate that there's a few employees who do take it to heart when stuff they work on doesn't quite work out through no fault of their own, and others who earnestly try to fix stuff despite the avalanche of complaints and negativity. I'll always support those who strive for Game Should Work. It works enough for me to still enjoy it, anyways.
    It is really hard nowadays to find a game that doesn't have bugs or unintended features in it. The more complicated a game gets, the more likely it is to have bugs. As showcased with the reparry bug the AI has, when you try to fix a bug, another unintended bug can occur. I applaud the engineers for reverting the bug instead of keeping it in and trying to fix the special issue over the next few months.

While I would love mcoc to just work, I have high doubts of that happening anytime in the next year at least.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    To be completely honest: I know that even Kabam acknowledged the situation…

But I don‘t think getting parried or even re-parried by the AI is an issue at all… As in: If you can parry and re-parry, then the opponent should be able to do the same…

Imagine playing a „real“ fighting game like Street fighter, and the complaining that the AI does a shimmy or cancel a light attack into a special…

Now the throwing specials thing is another story… Since you cannot block or evade SP3, there needs to be a mechanism to keep the opponent from reaching that SP3… But if baiting specials doesn’t work, then you’re done.

So in essence: Fix baiting specials, I don’t care about parry or re-parry by AI…