**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

RIGGED Summoner’s Choice - who did you vote for

Comments

• Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,236 ★★★
    Blob
    Some questions...

- When will end this "rigged" topic poll? By number of votes?(173 right now)
    - Silver Surfer 5* is awesome, average or weak?
    - News about mastery points?
    - Australian champ?
    - What happened with the replay button not working in game (to fight again)?

Thanks 😊👍

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Black Tarantula

They keep saying "loud" doesn't mean majority, but the 'loudness' itself comes from the amount of comments, posts, and discussion about Blob. The frequency and abundance of people voting for, and talking about Blob is what creates this 'loudness' that the passive aggressive Kabam moderators like to imply is only created by a select few. Without many people voting for Blob, the loudness wouldn't exist. They're trying to tell you it was only 25% of voters (Blob) who happened to make all this noise and hype while at the same time 75%-80% voters (Shathra/BT) were all coincidentally quiet and mysterious and without 'loudness'. If they were popular enough to beat the one guy that had the most attention, just as a numbers game (75-80% of voters) this should be reflected in their own 'loudness' on each platform. Very odd and doesn't really follow logic.

But also I'm just rattled that we don't get BLOB. I can imagine is that it's a bunch of children and teenagers in-game voting for the 'edgy' looking characters.

Oof. Another person triggered by mods having a personality. Poor thing.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian
    Shathra

Idk why there needs to be discourse about the Summoners Choice every single year.

The first rule of online gaming. PvP brings out the worst behavior in the worst people.

There's a lot of good-natured back and forth that happens every year. And then there's that guy at the bar that messes it up for everyone else.
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 171 ★★
    Blob
    #freeblob
  • Options
    Undeaduntold1Undeaduntold1 Posts: 10
    Black Tarantula
    We need a good mutant? Onslaught is right there though
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Feel free to vote on this, and discuss respectfully.

But.

This is a firm reminder that the loudest group does not make it a majority. NOR is the forums a full representation of everyone playing the game.

In the case of Summoner's Choice, just because someone is the favourite of many, and may occupy most of the chatter, it does not mean that they are the most voted for.

And we've said this many times in the past... what possible motivation would we have to rig the vote? We rig the champion selection process for every other champion release, every year.

Also, I voted for Shriek.

That’s it exactly. You all are used to making the decision and even though you know that you should let the people decide you’ve become addicted to the power of selecting champions. You may even want to defer to the community but then you look at the totals and feel that itch that only selecting a champion can scratch. How could anyone go back to being a nobody who just waits each month to see who will be released once you’ve tasted the awesome power that comes from selecting a champion? I cant even comprehend what a thrill that must be.

If this is sarcastic comment, well played. If this is a serious, wow. Just wow...
    Yeah it was a joke. Obviously not a great one if people can’t tell….
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,318 ★★★★★
    Shriek
    ahmynuts said:

They keep saying "loud" doesn't mean majority, but the 'loudness' itself comes from the amount of comments, posts, and discussion about Blob. The frequency and abundance of people voting for, and talking about Blob is what creates this 'loudness' that the passive aggressive Kabam moderators like to imply is only created by a select few. Without many people voting for Blob, the loudness wouldn't exist. They're trying to tell you it was only 25% of voters (Blob) who happened to make all this noise and hype while at the same time 75%-80% voters (Shathra/BT) were all coincidentally quiet and mysterious and without 'loudness'. If they were popular enough to beat the one guy that had the most attention, just as a numbers game (75-80% of voters) this should be reflected in their own 'loudness' on each platform. Very odd and doesn't really follow logic.

But also I'm just rattled that we don't get BLOB. I can imagine is that it's a bunch of children and teenagers in-game voting for the 'edgy' looking characters.

Okay so put yourself into the shoes of a random mcoc player. Would you vote for
    A. Fat guy
    B. Goth mommy
    C. Dark wasp mommy
    D. Guy that looks cool af

I'll wait
    This lol I don't get why people are even surprised that the two spider verse champs are the finalists and not the morbidly obese man or anyone else. Most people who play the game haven't read the comics, of course they would vote for the spider-man looking characters over the fat guy they don't recognize.
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Shriek
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Okay so put yourself into the shoes of a random mcoc player. Would you vote for
    A. Fat guy
    B. Goth mommy
    C. Dark wasp mommy
    D. Guy that looks cool af

I'll wait
    This lol I don't get why people are even surprised that the two spider verse champs are the finalists and not the morbidly obese man or anyone else. Most people who play the game haven't read the comics, of course they would vote for the spider-man looking characters over the fat guy they don't recognize.
    Yeah i mean. Marvel fans and especially kids who grew up with the show really know blob so it makes sense for there to be the most vocal outcry over the 1 character many can recognize. But if you're factoring in all of the players it makes sense that the coolest looking ones made it to the finals and blob is there solely based off of his recognition
    Even the familiarity factor though… I grew up with the 90s X-Men animated series so I was familiar with Blob… and still thought he was easily the most boring of the options. Even though I had never laid eyes on the others. A big boring dummy you recognize is still just a big boring dummy.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Shriek
    Shriek for me—mainly because I lost faith in the designing of Summoner’s Choice champs after Gladiator. My true choice is safely relegated to be introduced free of the Choice stigma.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    I don't think the Summoner's choice is rigged, but I do think that Kabam shifts some things around when they introduce the summoner's choice champions and take into consideration who might win.

There were eight champions in the Summoner's choice.

Blob - Mutant
    Beetle - Tech
    Shriek - Mutant
    Ruby Thursday - Tech
    Swarm - Science
    Black Tarantula - Skill (Mystic?)
    Shathra - Science (Mystic?)
    Madame Hydra - Skill

So we have a rough idea of the possible characters and classes.

Then Kabam released teasers showing the classes we would be getting this year...

Tech - 4 (We know IronHeart is one)
    Mutant - 4 (We know Dust is one)
    Cosmic - 3
    Skill - 2
    Science - 3
    Mystic - 4

20 champions.
    We've had Bullseye and White Tiger released already, making it 22.
    Deathless King Groot brings the count to 23 (and for those saying Deathless King Groot shouldn't count, Deathless Guillotine is why we hit 24 in 2023 and JJ is why we hit 24 in 2022 so exclusives do count)

The Summoner's choice would make it 24 and with it being between a Skill (small potential for Mystic class but likely skill) and a Science (good potential for Mystic considering the whole 'Totem' thing) it shows a relative consideration for class balance with who is being introduced to the game. A slightly better balance if it's Black Tarantula and he's skill.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Shathra
    Not blob
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 104
    Shathra
    Not blob (2)
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Shathra
    First, Jax explained perfectly the situation.

The large and silent majority of the players (including me even if I am not so silent) don’t know the characters released for a while otherwise that in the game. At best, the majority know the part in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    With around 260 champions, it is difficult for the majority to agree to « this is the champion the game needs ». It should be very difficult for Kabam to define the abilities of each champion and make it original and wanted by the players. For example, several teammates asked for the value of the champions in the last Banquet pool (excluding Xavier).

So how does the majority choose? Probably like me: the picture, the name and maybe the description if it is easily still reachable when in the pop-up of pop-up. It’s not more complex than that.

At the first round, my wife and I fully voted for Viper (probably a champion that would have had more strength and less health like Guillotine 99 for example). The other choices have also been wiped by the majority.
    At the second round, we fully voted for Shatra. In second it would have been « Agent Tarentula ».

Do « Blob » send dreams to the majority with its name and its design/picture? Well, no.
    As Miiike stated in another thread, the majority voted for Hercules (a god). So thanks to the silent majority vote.
  • Options
    call_me_ogcall_me_og Posts: 87
    Shathra

I don't think the Summoner's choice is rigged, but I do think that Kabam shifts some things around when they introduce the summoner's choice champions and take into consideration who might win.

There were eight champions in the Summoner's choice.

Blob - Mutant
    Beetle - Tech
    Shriek - Mutant
    Ruby Thursday - Tech
    Swarm - Science
    Black Tarantula - Skill (Mystic?)
    Shathra - Science (Mystic?)
    Madame Hydra - Skill

So we have a rough idea of the possible characters and classes.

Then Kabam released teasers showing the classes we would be getting this year...

Tech - 4 (We know IronHeart is one)
    Mutant - 4 (We know Dust is one)
    Cosmic - 3
    Skill - 2
    Science - 3
    Mystic - 4

20 champions.
    We've had Bullseye and White Tiger released already, making it 22.
    Deathless King Groot brings the count to 23 (and for those saying Deathless King Groot shouldn't count, Deathless Guillotine is why we hit 24 in 2023 and JJ is why we hit 24 in 2022 so exclusives do count)

The Summoner's choice would make it 24 and with it being between a Skill (small potential for Mystic class but likely skill) and a Science (good potential for Mystic considering the whole 'Totem' thing) it shows a relative consideration for class balance with who is being introduced to the game. A slightly better balance if it's Black Tarantula and he's skill.

the classes for the last round were confirmed and shathra was mystic while black tarantula was skill
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Blob
    altavista said:

No way, the other characters have beat blob in votes

Yes, it happened. I didn't vote for Blob in any of the rounds. Can you provide me with a good reason why Kabam wouldn't want Blob to win?

Kabam would make money off of popular characters (which you seem to think Blob is).
    Why would they fix a vote, if they can simply introduce Blob whenever they want, regardless of the vote. Kabam can either (1) Fix a vote to ensure Blob doesn't appear in the game, and risk trouble if it is revealed that a fix did happen, or (2) Let the vote happen, and choose to introduce or not introduce Blob in the future if he didn't win.

We seriously needed a good mutants, especially for 7*

There are a ton of good 7-star mutants. Onslaught was just released; every other 7-star Mutant is good.

blob should of won, he was the clear winner.

Again, no.

would of been an awesome mutant character.

Are you sure about that? His powerset is essentially the same as Gladiator, without heat vision or freezing breath or flying. His powers imply Unstoppable, and seems mostly geared towards being a Defender.

Idk why there needs to be discourse about the Summoners Choice every single year.

People always jump from disappointment to "rigged".

Needed

A topic
    To
    Trigger those who’s gona post “omg he’s complaining because he voted and didn’t get what he wanted”

It’s just hilariously funny lol.

As MUCH AS PEOPLE be like

“The forums or the people who play the game that aren’t on here is not the whole community’s”

Post are hilariously funny, because a lot
    “Social media” “content creators” all had the agenda of blob being well known and a clear favorite.

What are yall trying to be? The voice of the ingame people who aren’t on the forums,twitter or youtube?

It’s funny because i expected the same people to say that and guess what they did 🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Blob

Imagine thinking this is rigged lmao

lol I don’t, just needed a catchy title my guy 🤣
  • Options
    JMC2007JRJMC2007JR Posts: 44
    Shathra
    I voted shathra for fun, but I did not expect her to get this far. Shathra all the way, blob can go play in traffic 50x
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Black Tarantula
    Looking at my inventory…

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Black Tarantula

altavista said:

No way, the other characters have beat blob in votes

Yes, it happened. I didn't vote for Blob in any of the rounds. Can you provide me with a good reason why Kabam wouldn't want Blob to win?

Kabam would make money off of popular characters (which you seem to think Blob is).
    Why would they fix a vote, if they can simply introduce Blob whenever they want, regardless of the vote. Kabam can either (1) Fix a vote to ensure Blob doesn't appear in the game, and risk trouble if it is revealed that a fix did happen, or (2) Let the vote happen, and choose to introduce or not introduce Blob in the future if he didn't win.

We seriously needed a good mutants, especially for 7*

There are a ton of good 7-star mutants. Onslaught was just released; every other 7-star Mutant is good.

blob should of won, he was the clear winner.

Again, no.

would of been an awesome mutant character.

Are you sure about that? His powerset is essentially the same as Gladiator, without heat vision or freezing breath or flying. His powers imply Unstoppable, and seems mostly geared towards being a Defender.

People always jump from disappointment to "rigged".

Needed

A topic
    To
    Trigger those who’s gona post “omg he’s complaining because he voted and didn’t get what he wanted”

It’s just hilariously funny lol.

As MUCH AS PEOPLE be like

“The forums or the people who play the game that aren’t on here is not the whole community’s”

Post are hilariously funny, because a lot
    “Social media” “content creators” all had the agenda of blob being well known and a clear favorite.

What are yall trying to be? The voice of the ingame people who aren’t on the forums,twitter or youtube?

It’s funny because i expected the same people to say that and guess what they did 🤣🤣🤣

Lol yeah.....sure.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Blob
    Blob the vote. Don’t vote.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    edited February 2
    Blob
    Call it summoner's choice all you want but no one would've chosen those champions to begin with.
    Maybe one of these years Kabam picks the initial group from what people have requested.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,250 ★★★★
    edited February 2
    Blob didn't win. The Kabam voting system is rigged. Let's storm the MCOC "capitol" and demand justice 🙄
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Shathra

• Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,250 ★★★★
    And voted for her AGAIN. Sorry for you.