Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Winter of Woe shouldn't have been released.

Kabam has made it clear for a while now that the AI is known to be an extreme issue with the game. It's been causing an incredibly large amount of issues all over the Battlerealm from the top to the bottom, and they've stated multiple times over the past few months that they're in the process of fixing it as it's a known problem.

Why, in that case, are they releasing high-level, time-sensitive, and ai-imperative content when they know that the basic functions of the game aren't working as intended? On top of that, why did they have to tie a deathless king groot piece into it, basically making it mandatory for people who want the final deathless champ?

It really wouldn't be too huge of an issue if we could ACTUALLY PRACTICE THE FIGHTS. Between EQ, side quest, exploring act 8, and doing the lunar event, I do not have the refills to be devoting 10 energy per attempt to actually get a chance to practice the fight. That being said, the times I have actually practiced the fight have taught me absolutely NOTHING because I can't get any amount of consistency from the AI. I've never been able to 'feel good' fighting this boss, because by the time I'm just about there, I'm out of energy and don't really want to continue the play session. Even if the ai was working properly, there's no reasonable explanation as to why ONE attempt at a boss in this event costs more than fighting the first FOUR fights in a Necropolis path.

There's so much wrong with this event and it baffles me that it was released to us now and in this state.

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,069 ★★★★
    Unit Man for the win
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Finally went ahead and got into WoW on my lunch break. Took in my hulk and managed to get Abs Man down to circa. 55-60% health on first attempt. 3 revives later and he was dead. My Hulk is 7* rank 2 and I had 15% attack boost and 20% champion boost.

Due to a medical condition, I'd consider myself fairly average at the game at the best of times, but it certainly wasn't the steaming pile of... that I was expecting given a lot of the posts and comments over the last week or so. Maybe I got lucky with the AI but the Cat Murdock method worked a treat.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,521 ★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Finally went ahead and got into WoW on my lunch break. Took in my hulk and managed to get Abs Man down to circa. 55-60% health on first attempt. 3 revives later and he was dead. My Hulk is 7* rank 2 and I had 15% attack boost and 20% champion boost.

Due to a medical condition, I'd consider myself fairly average at the game at the best of times, but it certainly wasn't the steaming pile of... that I was expecting given a lot of the posts and comments over the last week or so. Maybe I got lucky with the AI but the Cat Murdock method worked a treat.

Hulk is the easiest of the objective options.
    I also did it with hulk.

Sandman and the robot objective are way harder, objectively.
  • Options

EdisonLaw said:

Unit Man for the win

That doesn't even necessarily work half the time. Sad but true.
    That regen is ridiculous.
    U don't know how to use unit man...
    Given I went in with sandman and wasted 10 or so revives, and around 100 potions, I'm well aware of how to use unitman, I just didn't bother wasting units on a fight where you pretty much either one shot him, or you're screwed.

I've done the easy objective already. But I also have revives and didn't need to use said unit man.
    At least not yet. 😆
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,109 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Hulk is by far the easiest. It can be one shot without a problem really. Try the robot objective and get back to everyone
  • Options

Shamir51 said:

I also did it with hulk.

For me, Hulk is the easiest. However, I have had other people tell me Sandman is an easy solo. I'm not going to rank up a 6* Sandman for the point though so I'll settle with what I have. Might still push for the robot objective this weekend.
  • Options

Shamir51 said:

I also did it with hulk.

For me, Hulk is the easiest. However, I have had other people tell me Sandman is an easy solo. I'm not going to rank up a 6* Sandman for the point though so I'll settle with what I have. Might still push for the robot objective this weekend.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    I actually like the energy change (though I think its over tuned) because there should be a cost to trying a fight over and over and over again until you can get it perfect. 4 - 6 energy would be what I would target.

I don't think most of the changes would be so poorly received if we didn't have a fight that borderline requires solo'ing or quitting. I had Abs man down to 12% and he got back up to 30% before I beat him. Regen shouldn't be that punishing.
  • Options
    Shamir51 said:

Shamir51 said:

I also did it with hulk.

Sandman is by no means an easy solo.

Mess up one time and you're done and have to restart.
    Check out youtube, even a r5 takes 8+ minutes to get the solo.

I think Lags took about 10 minutes with a r4
  • Options

Shamir51 said:

Shamir51 said:

I also did it with hulk.

To clarify, I didn't say Sandman was an easy solo. Friends of mine that have done it said it was an easy solo. I have no doubts that it's an incredibly long fight which is another reason why I wont even attempt it.

At this point, I'm wondering why you keep taking this conversation forwards?
  • Options
    Cure2024Cure2024 Posts: 119 ★★
    What are other good options if we don't have sandman? I see everyone mentioning only Sandman for valiant objective.
  • Options
    edited February 14
    Cure2024 said:

What are other good options if we don't have sandman? I see everyone mentioning only Sandman for valiant objective.

Hulk is a very good, low cost option.
  • Options
    Shamir51 said:

Shamir51 said:

Shamir51 said:

I also did it with hulk.

To clarify, I didn't say Sandman was an easy solo. Friends of mine that have done it said it was an easy solo. I have no doubts that it's an incredibly long fight which is another reason why I wont even attempt it.

At this point, I'm wondering why you keep taking this conversation forwards?
    Probably because I have an opinion on whoever said sandman was an easy solo, and clearly I said it wasn't, at least for me it sure wasn't?

Generally an opinion requires a reply, no?

Or should I have just kept said opinion to myself for everybody else reading this thread, in case they have a different opinion as well? Lol
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,553 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Cure2024 said:

Cmon
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    AI was too uncooperative with Sandman for me. Took out Abs with Warlock... less than 10 revives (includes some BS fights where I'd parry, it would say "parry", yet I was getting hit anyway for some reason... also the "dexed but still getting hit" frame "bug").
  • Options
    Cure2024Cure2024 Posts: 119 ★★
    Shamir51 said:

Cure2024 said:

Hulk is for Gamma only. I asked for Valiant objective (Sinister six)
  • Options
    TheExit27 said:

AI was too uncooperative with Sandman for me. Took out Abs with Warlock... less than 10 revives (includes some BS fights where I'd parry, it would say "parry", yet I was getting hit anyway for some reason... also the "dexed but still getting hit" frame "bug").

6* or 7* warlock?

I have a 6r3 warlock, but in doubt of whether I'll be able to get it done with him.
  • Options
    Cure2024 said:

Shamir51 said:

Cure2024 said:

Hulk is for Gamma only. I asked for Valiant objective (Sinister six)
    Ahh, yes I see it now. My bad, like nodes, it appears I also don't read all of people's posts!!!
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Shamir51 said:

Hulk is by far the easiest. It can be one shot without a problem really. Try the robot objective and get back to everyone

So after 5 attempts, the best I've managed is 28% health off Abs Man. I'm hoping I can improve this by the weekend.

And yes, Hulk was by far easier even if it felt cheap using that tactic.