**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Winter of Woe Points [comms]

Comments

• Options
    CyporgCyporg Posts: 285 ★★
    The max points that ANYONE should have is 9, if you did all objectives and got your extra point. So how do some have 11-12 pts? That seems wrong.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,202 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

The team found a quick fix! Hooray for creative thinking!

Sorry for the false alarm everyone. Everybody should have the right number of points available.

Double apology from me, as I jumped the gun on the communication piece and the team never locked in the "leave it" plan. I prioritized timeliness over an abundance of vetting and confirmation. Sorry.

but what with thos point there already had to claim new milstone sinco it no peak anymore
  • Options
    Doug555Doug555 Posts: 26
    Kabam Jax said:

Sorry for the false alarm everyone. Everybody should have the right number of points available.

Double apology from me, as I jumped the gun on the communication piece and the team never locked in the "leave it" plan. I prioritized timeliness over an abundance of vetting and confirmation. Sorry.

What solution..?
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 229 ★★★
    I swear bringing Jax in as community manager is one of the best things Kabam has done for the game.
  • Options
    So what exactly does this mean? You take the points away they earn them again and get to claim 9 point objective twice?
  • Options

So what exactly does this mean? You take the points away they earn them again and get to claim 9 point objective twice?

no there cant claim the rewards twic that for sure

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

_Pez_ said:

It's all very well saying we use data for everything... but they do seem to often not understand whatever data they have and have used it wrong.

I don't mind waiting for my missing point (i'm on 8, 9 should be the max if they had distributed the bonus) but people shouldn't be getting a free pass to 11 points already.

I will believe 11 when I see a screenshot. If anyone knows of someone with more than 9 points, please post a photo.

My calculation is same as yours—only objective I missed is #robot, which would put me at a max of 8 points after Nebula.

Dr. Zola

Here: one showing they paid out up to three points (not just one or two). Another showing 11 points (ie a whole week of objectives given for free).

The message you screenshot is for the issue wherein some players had already earned several points and had them removed. For some players, they may have had 3 points removed. For others, it may have been only 1.

So if they were supposed to only get 1 point in the correction, but they got 2 or 3, then they got 1 or 2 more than they were supposed to get, which is what Jax said.

But all this is irrelevant since they were able to fix the issue, which is the best case scenario.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,418 ★★★★★

No they just get set to the intended points so kabam removed the extra points to those that werent affected so now i asked my alliance mate and hes at 9
  • Options
    Bendy said:

No they just get set to the intended points so kabam removed the extra points to those that werent affected so now i asked my alliance mate and hes at 9
    that great to hear from a player to know what happen :D
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 158 ★★
    STOP IGNORING ALLIANCE WAR/RAIDS BUG
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick fix kabam
  • Options
    airmundoairmundo Posts: 146
    At this point kabam should just let every valiant player have 11pts. They completely botched the distribution on prior errors so just even the playing field.
  • Options
    Doug555Doug555 Posts: 26
    I have a feeling this whole thing is moving the other way...

Not my account*

Are you gonna take away their recourses too.?

• Options
    Doug555 said:

Not my account*

dont matter realy sinci there cant claim them twich
  • Options
    geaimsgeaims Posts: 42
    Kabam Jax said:

Appreciate the fix! I made the post as a joke and see this got outta hand I thought of the jg went worth for it but yeah appreciate it much Jax! Hope u continue striving with the team!
  • Options
    geaimsgeaims Posts: 42
    Gamer said:

Doug555 said:

Not my account*

What if the bar goes down and says not acquired well person who has this say hello to 400 dust intotal lol
  • Options
    __FaCe2FaCe____FaCe2FaCe__ Posts: 26
    Doug555 said:

Not my account*

What is this? Did the guy get the rewards before the 3rd week missions came?
  • Options
    geaims said:

Gamer said:

Doug555 said:

Not my account*

What if the bar goes down and says not acquired well person who has this say hello to 400 dust intotal lol
    Most likely would say already claimed
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited February 29

DrZola said:

_Pez_ said:

It's all very well saying we use data for everything... but they do seem to often not understand whatever data they have and have used it wrong.

I don't mind waiting for my missing point (i'm on 8, 9 should be the max if they had distributed the bonus) but people shouldn't be getting a free pass to 11 points already.

I will believe 11 when I see a screenshot. If anyone knows of someone with more than 9 points, please post a photo.

My calculation is same as yours—only objective I missed is #robot, which would put me at a max of 8 points after Nebula.

Dr. Zola

Here: one showing they paid out up to three points (not just one or two). Another showing 11 points (ie a whole week of objectives given for free).

That’s what I was looking for—thank you!

So…is this all fixed now? Or is a new round of screenshots needed?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    I'm so confused. Kabam Jax's post implies everything's been fixed but people still seem to have more points than they should? Anyway, at least no one should be missing points now, which is good.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,538 ★★★★★
    Great! Finally I got the abyss Nexus selector and pulled....gwenpool.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

I'm so confused. Kabam Jax's post implies everything's been fixed but people still seem to have more points than they should? Anyway, at least no one should be missing points now, which is good.

They all back at 9 or should be anyway
  • Options
    __FaCe2FaCe____FaCe2FaCe__ Posts: 26
    Milan1405 said:

Don't you think this is unfair? The person who gets 12 points will be able to breathe easy the next week without doing any tasks, but we will sweat without missing any tasks and you will have to do the same. Where do you think justice lies in this?
  • Options
    Bigmoney1025Bigmoney1025 Posts: 116
    edited February 29
    Mines messed up I had 7 last night got 2 points went to 9 then had a point in mail this afternoon now I’m at 8 what is going on @Kabam Miike

• Options
    Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 98 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hi Summoners,

The points sent in yesterday's in-game message were to remedy an issue that crept up early in Winter of Woe that resulted in our team taking down and relaunching the Solo Event. These points are to compensate the players who had points removed as a result. This is not for the #robot objective.

Due to a hiccup in our distribution, some players received more points than intended (one or two at max), however, most importantly, no one received fewer than intended. As a result, our team will not be taking any further action on this issue.

The "extra point" stemming from the #robot objective is still being worked on.

Additionally, to justify using data, I guess... we can't "just send everyone out one single point for the robot objective." because the point is being rewarded to Summoners who finished the fight, not everyone.

Thank you for your patience.

How are you not going to take “any further action”? This is completely unfair. You need to send out those additional 2 points to everyone or take them back from those players.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 661 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Bro i know this isn't your fault, but how is this fair? How come some people have 9 points already? A member of my alliance has 10 and i've seen pictures of people with 12 points, this is ridiculous man, what are you guys planning to do about it?
  • Options
    Bigmoney1025Bigmoney1025 Posts: 116
    edited February 29
    Smh
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,538 ★★★★★
    F

Kabam Jax said:

Bro i know this isn't your fault, but how is this fair? How come some people have 9 points already? A member of my alliance has 10 and i've seen pictures of people with 12 points, this is ridiculous man, what are you guys planning to do about it?
    It's like you didn't even read what you just copied.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

9 is the maximum amount of points a Valiant player can currently correctly have. 9 points is fine.

As for the people with more than 9, are those screenshots from before or after Jax’s latest post? If they’re from before, they are supposed to be fixed now.
This discussion has been closed.