**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

When you're legit more bummed about a free T2A...

Comments

• raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    im not sure that anyone agrees that t1as is the most logical bottleneck, that's the issue, it's the lowest and easiest to get when you first start playing, it's illogical to be the bottleneck for higher level players. As I just said t4bs would quickly become the next bottleneck for weekly t4c players, however that does give us more freedom to rank our champs to one or two levels higher than we currently can, without sweating our alpha stash, my collection of r2 4*s is frustrating to me. But that's what the game has become, personally at this level in the game I would love to not have to autopilot 4 levels of the exact same characters and story in eq every month doing the normal and heroic levels almost just for t1as, and that's all I'm debating, the game would make more sense and be more fun for me if t1as were slightly more available and I could enter the rankup events more often than I can now. And not have champs sitting at such unuseable levels because Said resource creates such low chokepoints for ranking. The fact it's taking away from my fun is fine, that's a normal part of gaming but the fact that it makes so little sense to me as a bottleneck resource. is why I keep participating in these conversations
    DalBot wrote: »
    Because we don't get more than 1 T1A in the calendar. This struggle is absurd. Kabam needs to seriously consider dropping the rank up requirements for T1A for 5*s to maybe 2 for 1-2 and 4 for 2-3. Needing 10 T1A to take a 5* from 1-3 is absolutely absurd. I have 27 5* at rank 1, most of whom will never see rank 2 due to the absurd disparity between cost and availability of those T1A. Most of us at higher levels have oodles of T4CC either sitting in the stash/expiring or crystals that we can't even open because of the T1A issue.

The problem is real despite what 3-5 members of this forum community will try to tell you. This needs to be addressed ASAP. The glory price decrease is a start but thats still legitimately 1 5* that can receive 1 rank per week. That is not feasible for continued roster growth.

The ones who flagged you @Speeds80 probably don't have more than 3 5*s and have no idea what resources are needed to rank up a 5*. And I agree with you 100% that T1 As are a huge bottleneck now in the game for players who are looking to the future, which is that 5*s are ultimately going to replace 4*s. I have 17 5*s now and have only ranked 1 to 4, 1 to 3 and another 1 to 2. When I rank up my final 4* AW defender to 5 I will be hoarding T1As to save for my top 5* champs to rank 4 them at some point.

If T1As were not an issue then why are there one too many posts about the lack of it? What makes the most sense it to either increase its availability in the glory store and lessen its cost OR remove it as a requirement for rank 2-3, rank 3-4 5*. The latter is the best way to solve the problem.

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Mainer123 wrote: »
    You really shouldn't assume what my experience is. I've dedicated my career in the game to helping Players grow the same as you. The issue is not Resource requirements. They are tailored to different points of growth. Simply put, the game is meant to have certain hurdles to overcome. Which once passed, make gameplay easier as you go along. From my experience with Players at that stage, the hurdle is amassing T4CCs, which there has been progress in making more available. Focusing on 5*s at that level, most are happy to take any to R3 or R4, because one is more useful than none. The issue of T1A isn't specific to Players starting out or mid-Tier. It's for those solely focusing on 5* Rosters, for the most part.

Your high I’m at 200,000 the only way I have been able to get any Acats is to buy them or have them given to me if you say there is no lack of ways for the average player to get class cats or alpha cats you are a complete dumb ass and full of **** bud. Happy new year

I'm sorry but that is simply not true. If you're playing the game every month, that is not the only way to get Alphas. Arena, EQ, Glory, Greater Solo Crystals, AQ Crystals, they even drop from Free-For-All every now and then, plus whatever Special Events are taking place.
    I'm not even going to bother responding to the insult.

Um, earlier you said that you hadn't run into anyone who told you this was a problem.

Now, a guy at 200K literally tells you in a public forum that yes, it's a problem...and you tell HIM it's not a problem.

I don't agree with the personal insult. But if you set that aside, how can you tell a 200K player that what he is experiencing as a problem....isn't a problem?

You haven't talked to enough people. Doubling down on your position doesn't make the problem go away -- people who are getting choked off are telling you this is a problem

• belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I have literally not had a single t1a to spare for a 4* champ in so long I even quit using my t1a to take games to r3 as a 4* because I need them so bad for all the 5* I have to ru still I think an acceptable number of t1a would be 10 per week
  • ShadowDroid91ShadowDroid91 Posts: 18
    taojay1 wrote: »
    I'm in a lower tier alliance so I have plenty of t1a but I was actually forced to r4 my 5 star ws because of expiring t2a in my stash after 5.4 :/

Eh I think we are more towards higher mid tier...we just be chilling and not playing as seriously as we could haha.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    You really shouldn't assume what my experience is. I've dedicated my career in the game to helping Players grow the same as you. The issue is not Resource requirements. They are tailored to different points of growth. Simply put, the game is meant to have certain hurdles to overcome. Which once passed, make gameplay easier as you go along. From my experience with Players at that stage, the hurdle is amassing T4CCs, which there has been progress in making more available. Focusing on 5*s at that level, most are happy to take any to R3 or R4, because one is more useful than none. The issue of T1A isn't specific to Players starting out or mid-Tier. It's for those solely focusing on 5* Rosters, for the most part.

Your high I’m at 200,000 the only way I have been able to get any Acats is to buy them or have them given to me if you say there is no lack of ways for the average player to get class cats or alpha cats you are a complete dumb ass and full of **** bud. Happy new year

I'm sorry but that is simply not true. If you're playing the game every month, that is not the only way to get Alphas. Arena, EQ, Glory, Greater Solo Crystals, AQ Crystals, they even drop from Free-For-All every now and then, plus whatever Special Events are taking place.

Um, earlier you said that you hadn't run into anyone who told you this was a problem.

Now, a guy at 200K literally tells you in a public forum that yes, it's a problem...and you tell HIM it's not a problem.

I don't agree with the personal insult. But if you set that aside, how can you tell a 200K player that what he is experiencing as a problem....isn't a problem?

You haven't talked to enough people. Doubling down on your position doesn't make the problem go away -- people who are getting choked off are telling you this is a problem
    I said none of the guys I've helped grow their Accounts have ever complained about a T1A shortage. There's a difference. Meaning they usually ask how to get them and we tell them sources. They then go get them. Not wait for them to fall.
    edited January 2018
    @GroundedWisdom : Surely you are not intimating that someone who has invested the time to create a 200K roster a) doesn't know every single way to acquire an alpha, b) doesn't have the willingness to "go get them," and c) isn't sitting around "waiting for them to fall," when, again, he is expressly telling you that not enough are available?

Come on, man
  • There is always going to be a main bottleneck somewhere. It used to be t4cc, then t2a. T5b is next. The secondary bottleneck of t1a feels odd because it is an older resource. Even t3cc are a pain because you can only hold six and you need three to rankup a 5* to r2. Can't even buy those for glory, just the weekly quest for fragments. Resource scarcity requires tough decisions on rankups, and that won't change - the only change is which resources are scarce.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    Yeah seeing that T2A in there really pissed me off.
  • Ajm74Ajm74 Posts: 13
    They don’t even need to change availability if they would just go ahead and revamp 5* ranking requirements. 2 t1a to go to rank 2. 4 for r3. 5 for r4. 6 for r5.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    There is always going to be a main bottleneck somewhere. It used to be t4cc, then t2a. T5b is next. The secondary bottleneck of t1a feels odd because it is an older resource. Even t3cc are a pain because you can only hold six and you need three to rankup a 5* to r2. Can't even buy those for glory, just the weekly quest for fragments. Resource scarcity requires tough decisions on rankups, and that won't change - the only change is which resources are scarce.

I agree but it shouldn’t be t1a. T2a & t5b’s are what we should be going for, not old items we used to quick sell over a year ago
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    there is absolutely no reason to take a 5* up any rank if you are not using them in aq aw or story quest. if you idiots would stop wasting your resources on the extra 2-3k arena points the t1a wouldnt be an issue. if you are so overflowing on t4cc and so desperately need t1a then go play map 3. i was still running map3 a few months ago and was selling t1 alphas so they wouldnt expire.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    there is absolutely no reason to take a 5* up any rank if you are not using them in aq aw or story quest. if you idiots would stop wasting your resources on the extra 2-3k arena points the t1a wouldnt be an issue. if you are so overflowing on t4cc and so desperately need t1a then go play map 3. i was still running map3 a few months ago and was selling t1 alphas so they wouldnt expire.

Why in God’s name would top players stop playing map 6 to not get t2a frags to play map 3? This is a ridiculously stupid way to fix the issue. And I have a ton of 5*’s to rank that I wanna use, for prestige, AWD or attackers
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Why in God’s name would top players stop playing map 6 to not get t2a frags to play map 3? This is a ridiculously stupid way to fix the issue. And I have a ton of 5*’s to rank that I wanna use, for prestige, AWD or attackers
    And from what we know you by your own admission is that you ranked more champions than me this month and I’ve spent enough alpha to rank a 5* 8 times. To get the 10 champions you want to rank 3 it’ll take roughly 2.5 months. That’s a faster rate than Kabam releases champions into the contest. You’ll be able to beat the game at your rate, congrats!

You are so right -- what they are suggesting makes ZERO sense.

It's like telling Tom Brady that just because he's won a lot of Super Bowls, he should stop playing in the NFL for a season so he could go play college football for another year.

Only in this forum, in a game marked by progression and prestige for top players in a system that has clearly been endorsed by the game developer as what you should be doing in order to accrue more and better rewards, would people suggest you stop doing things at the highest levels of the game because you are doing it wrong

• DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

It’s not a problem for the people he helped grow cause they only run map 3. That’s what he forgets to tell everybody

It's like telling Tom Brady that just because he's won a lot of Super Bowls, he should stop playing in the NFL for a season so he could go play college football for another year.

Only in this forum, in a game marked by progression and prestige for top players in a system that has clearly been endorsed by the game developer as what you should be doing in order to accrue more and better rewards, would people suggest you stop doing things at the highest levels of the game because you are doing it wrong
    that analagy might be applicable if tom brady was complaining about not having enough college championships. all im saying is that if people are really this upset they should take a few weeks to run map 3x5
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

That might be the worst analogy I’ve ever seen on these forums, and that’s saying something. Congrats!
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    DalBot wrote: »
    4*s will be completely useless to higher level players when 6*s come out (same as how 3*s are now). If I wanted to take all of my 5* to even rank two that would take four months, and that would be assuming I got zero new champs and no 6* by then. And I’m hardly an exception. You look at the top 200 alliances and I’m quite the norm.

Despite what the usual apologists want to tell you *cough GW and CH cough*, this is far from sufficient. There is a reason it comes up ad nauseum, yet still rarely gets addressed. The lowering of glory cost was good, maybe changing the max purchase to 8 or 10 would be better.

your problem is you're only looking at the top 200 alliances. How about the oh so many other alliances below the top 200? Thats your problem. Woe is me being in the top 200 and I could care less about how any of the other alliances feel. Since its against the ToS here, I'm gonna hold my tongue for what my final comment to you would have been...
    Again, it's your choise. You are ranking up the wrong champions instead of the useful ones just because they have one more star.
    I have t1 alpha cats in the stash. I don't do the weekly arena and I don't buy them with glory. That's because I don't rank up champions that are useless to me in any area of the game, and I still rank up 4-star champs even if they will only be used just for fun

choice is spelled with a c...not an s
    edited January 2018
    @LocoMotives

There's nothing wrong with the analogy -- people are literally telling players who have the ability to clear Map 6 that they should play Map 3.

If my analogy is the worst thing you have ever heard, trust me, in a game where you are supposed to grind, progress, beat harder content and win, your advice might be the worst I have ever heard
    What sucks is the resource that is keeping me from taking 5* champs to r3 and r4 is the same thing that I need to rank my new 4* champs to r3. I have 11 new 4* champs sitting at r2 because I can't waste the t1a on them. That really stinks and is totally backwards.

Make t4c and t2a the limiting resource, not freaking t1a.

correct. Its like limiting t3b/cc and flooding you with t4b/cc
    edited January 2018
    Maybe the next set of advice offered will be to take a break on all those crazy Legends runs and go play Act 4 some more, or don't do the Uncollected monthly so you can hang out in Normal -- since, apparently, winning as much stuff as possible is the worst idea ever
    Maybe the next set of advice offered will be to take a break on all those crazy Legends runs and go play Act 4 some more, or don't do the Uncollected monthly so you can hang out in Normal
    maybe if what u needed to progress was given in the normal difficulty. i dont get what is so hard to understand about this.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Maybe the next set of advice offered will be to take a break on all those crazy Legends runs and go play Act 4 some more, or don't do the Uncollected monthly so you can hang out in Normal
    maybe if what u needed to progress was given in the normal difficulty. i dont get what is so hard to understand about this.

So you're saying whatever is given through Uncollected EQ/Map 6 isn't required to progress?
    Running map 3 is idiotic anyway since you lose more than you're gaining. t1a isn't the only resource you need to rank up champs
    GbSarkar wrote: »

So you're saying whatever is given through Uncollected EQ/Map 6 isn't required to progress?
    Running map 3 is idiotic anyway since you lose more than you're gaining. t1a isn't the only resource you need to rank up champs

i understand that but people are complaining that they are overflowing on the other resources needed and dont have enough t1a. if they would take a week or 2 and run map 3 their resources disparities would equal out. sick and tired of people unable to use logic
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    @LocoMotives

There's nothing wrong with the analogy -- people are literally telling players who have the ability to clear Map 6 that they should play Map 3.

If my analogy is the worst thing you have ever heard, trust me, in a game where you are supposed to grind, progress, beat harder content and win, your advice might be the worst I have ever heard

I gave no advice and haven’t taken a side in this debate, so this makes no sense either. You have an argument that you feel strongly about, but you’re using comparisons that have no grounds. There’s a resource available by playing lower maps, but it would cause the allies to sacrifice other resources and glory.

“Tom Brady going back to college because he’s won too much” doesn’t apply at all, nobody said they should play map 3 because they’ve beat map 6 too much. It’s a terrible analogy because nobody would ever suggest playing easier content solely because they’ve already beaten harder content (and they aren’t now either) in a competitive environment. Except for the crazies that say people shouldn’t be able to win Legend tags more than once, lol.
    edited January 2018

You know what we need?

Instead of us going around and around constantly and getting nowhere, we need admins and developers to come on the boards and explain exactly what progression is supposed to look like.

If a game developer came in here and said, "Oh, it's totally intended for elite players to hang out in Map 3 for resources," then I could disagree but at least say that's what they want players to do to address their shortages and not worry about remaining in higher tiers.

But for right now? I guess I am too dense to understand why, exactly, a person should play content they have completely surpassed for arbitrary resources to rank up characters they have already earned, when the rewards are better in those higher tiers and some compensation packages in the past have been based on PI
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Or you know the devs could design a game, set a plan, listen to feedback from all sources including meta data, adjust the game from time to time and let the players experience it how they intended it. Games are similar to art they’re open to interpretation.

TL;dr the Devs have to told you what progression should look like within the game already.

You know what we need?

Instead of us going around and around constantly and getting nowhere, we need admins and developers to come on the boards and explain exactly what progression is supposed to look like.

If a game developer came in here and said, "Oh, it's totally intended for elite players to hang out in Map 3 for resources," then I could disagree but at least say that's what they want players to do to address their shortages and not worry about remaining in higher tiers.

But for right now? I guess I am too dense to understand why, exactly, a person should play content they have completely surpassed for arbitrary resources to rank up characters they have already earned
    at least we agree on one thing, you are very dense. it doesnt matter whether or not kabam wants u to play map 3. you have the choice to not play map 3. kabam has a very viable option for unlimited t1a and you are choosing not to do it because it is “too easy”. just acknowledge ur irrationality and move on
    @Jmoneysteck : I like how you can call me dense. I promise you this: My house, cars, paycheck and career are not the result of me being dense.

This is a game based on progression. If you can clear Map 6 but are forced to play Map 3, there's a word for that: Regression.

I know you might need a minute to look at that up, because your simple-minded solution to run Map 3 would get you fired at many other places that value continued progression