Options

MASSIVE Lag after update

Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
edited March 14 in General Discussion
Is anyone else experiencing a HUGE increase in lag after the update? I am playing on an iphone 12, and while I've had issues with input issues before, it hasn't been as bad as this in a long time.

When I am fighting, my champion seems to recover too slowly after doing a MLLLM combo so my parry OR dex doesn't even register in time and I get hit in the face. So far, the only work around has been to MLL then dash back so I have time to recover animation wise and get ready to anticipate the next parry (trying to account for the lag).
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    Mooro85Mooro85 Posts: 18
    Me too. Loading screens and input lag during a fight. I use an iPhone 15 Pro max.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,845 ★★★★★
    Yes I noticed massive lags as well. Might the cache be empty after the update ?
  • Options
    IgnieelIgnieel Posts: 53
    Same
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 205 ★★
    Yes I’m having lag, iPhone 14 and also odd graphical bugs like certain stages look like a neon lava lamp after the update
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,191 ★★★★★

iPhone 15 Pro Max here. Same issue, huge lag spikes and everything just slows down. Becomes real difficult to parry.

See that's your problem, this update is for iPhone 37 pro s max + and up only
  • Options
    AerokAerok Posts: 6
    I'm on Android. Feels fine so far.
  • Options
    Jclark3168Jclark3168 Posts: 81
    I’m also having massive lag issues making the game almost unplayable on iPhone 13. I never really had issues with anything until the dust/iron heart update. Since then the lag has been awful.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 860 ★★★★
    iPhone 15 pro max and same issues. Combat lag is ridiculous.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★
    I should also say im on ipad pro 5th gen
  • Options
    UnobtainiumClawsUnobtainiumClaws Posts: 199 ★★
    Yup, getting punished because my champs can dash back after a combo ender.
    iPhone 13 pro
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,395 ★★★★★
    I was wondering why my parries felt so off today
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,593 ★★★★★
    edited March 4
    It’s expected at this point, but this is pretty terrible. Mid-afternoon at HQ—anyone got any recommendations from the team?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    I will also add: I wonder if the parry issues with AI are also back. Just testing it in a few rounds of arena and I’ve gotten parried punishing specials a half dozen times.

There’s a day to work it all out before WoW Round 3.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    7abo2a7abo2a Posts: 46
    Also im really worried , since the update a have a bigger problem , black screen while fighting that makes the champs not appearing only debuffs and dmg, i dont know what the cause of this issue
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,395 ★★★★★

Update off to a great start in arena with this background
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,243 ★★★★
    edited March 4
    @Kabam Miike Yeah I’m also experiencing a bit of lag here, any reasons? Is it a bug? I’m using an Iphone and it’s also sometimes laggy
  • Options

Hey all, we are aware and looking into these Lag spikes that are affecting iOS devices. If anybody is experiencing them on other devices, please let us know.

Thanks for the update
  • Options

Hey all, we are aware and looking into these Lag spikes that are affecting iOS devices. If anybody is experiencing them on other devices, please let us know.

Cheers Mike. Hopefully they get it fixed before Wednesday, otherwise Week 3 of Winter of woe could get seriously expensive.
  • Options

Thank you Miike. Just iOS device for me. Appreciate the speedy reply.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Cheers Mike. Hopefully they get it fixed before Wednesday, otherwise Week 3 of Winter of woe could get seriously expensive.
    Just delay its 2 weeks anyway
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Milan1405 said:

If it isn't fixed by Wednesday, I'd recommend waiting on WoW instead of using extra items dealing with input issues.

Either that or drop money on a decent android phone and do WoW there 🤣
    It’s funny until it’s an Android only issue :p

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Milan1405 said:

If it isn't fixed by Wednesday, I'd recommend waiting on WoW instead of using extra items dealing with input issues.

Either that or drop money on a decent android phone and do WoW there 🤣
    Sad thing is I used to play this game on a samsung years ago and it was honestly terrible. Everything ran slow, lag was bad, dropped inputs and movie-length loading times into fights. Then I changed to an iphone 12 when it came out and everything got better but over the past couple of years, dropped inputs have got worse and worse for me, especially for parries for some reason, more than dex.

But now with this new update, serious content is pretty much unplayable as I'm just guessing when to block and dex based on predicting what the opponent AI will do :lol:
This discussion has been closed.