Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

Comments

• Doctor_Doom94Doctor_Doom94 Member Posts: 77
    Seeing the situation all i can think of what really happening here.. with all the issues, ai & drop inputs.. we as players community making a fool of ourselves for expecting for kabam again & again after all such things keep happening & going to next level with every update.

• Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★

This Tactic needs to be addressed.

Honestly, Absman with Ibom and iceman can handle that. With the changes to tactic, it makes it a lot easier to deal with. I just shredded an Aarkus with absman this war.
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Honestly, Absman with Ibom and iceman can handle that. With the changes to tactic, it makes it a lot easier to deal with. I just shredded an Aarkus with absman this war.
    what has been changed for Absman?
    FunnyDude said:

Matty_Ice said:

Nothing changed to absman, but you can now use non tactic against tactic champs if you play right. Almost 1 shot a Nick fury last war with AA. I would have done it if I didn’t suck.

I’m not saying this tactic is good, but there are ways to play it to make it work.
  • Amms90Amms90 Member Posts: 338 ★★★
    Some defensive placements have no answers. All the changes to attack tactic are positive, all of them. It's a good job. But there are still unsolvable interactions. Season starting tomorrow with a total of 3 wars to do some testing (the new node has been out for 3 wars) and on top of that there's the issue with alliances not placing bosses/not placing global defenders. As a war planner, I don't understand how I'm supposed to plan. I need to imagine the desired interactions because there was not enough time for testing. Furthermore we met a few defensive placements roadblocks, which, like I said, are unsolvable matches. At least we couldn't find an adequate answer. For one that proved to be especially troublesome we theorized (couldnt test it) a single global attacker should work. But what happens if they ban that? That's 3 attack bonus gone? Maybe that same defender is placed on that node in every group so that makes it 9 certain deaths? I think some more testing is required and also the global attack pool is still lacking in certain utilities required to face certain defensive placements.
    PIKESTAIN said:

Matty_Ice said:

FunnyDude said:

Matty_Ice said:

Nothing changed to absman, but you can now use non tactic against tactic champs if you play right. Almost 1 shot a Nick fury last war with AA. I would have done it if I didn’t suck.

I’m not saying this tactic is good, but there are ways to play it to make it work.
    Not trying to be a jerk but you’re T4? This isn’t going to work in the higher tiers as the indestructible refreshes way quicker.
    Very true. Speaking from my current perspective. The 12s refresh timer makes it a lot more feasible to use non tactic champs. The 5 second timer is insane and is way too short.
  • Amms90Amms90 Member Posts: 338 ★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Matty_Ice said:

FunnyDude said:

Matty_Ice said:

Not trying to be a jerk but you’re T4? This isn’t going to work in the higher tiers as the indestructible refreshes way quicker.
    Very true. Speaking from my current perspective. The 12s refresh timer makes it a lot more feasible to use non tactic champs. The 5 second timer is insane and is way too short.
    Yeah being in tier 1 we deal with the 5 seconds window. Which is insane indeed when paired with certain nodes and defender abilities
  • CobraSCobraS Member Posts: 64
    Lots of messages but where is kabam with their response the seems we are invisable at the momrnt. Something like we working on it could be nice already. Seems we dont matter that much anymore. When season starts i think they put the 1 loyalty 40% put of the game so we have to buy them with credits. It is all about making money nog about a fun environment where playing a nice game that can be played by all levels.

Now it is no fun, but hey the 40% revives will be used a lot, aslong we can still get them.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

Let me add: void is banned this war

, iceman, are probably going to be majority of attack bans this season.
    Don't manifest this into my world.
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 740 ★★★★
    great, no answer. another 6 more weeks of misery added to the 3 months we already had with crush.
  • GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★
    It is becoming very obvious here kabam has a plan. In my opinion it seems the are trying reduce loyalty from the game and have a greater mix of units or $. The last 3 metas, we have seen prowress which our alliance suffered huge loyalty loss, then crush which was worse and now this indestructible stuff. At the same time we have only seen a very small increase of loyalty, and a very small refinement of loyalty item costs, this cannot be argued.
    There also appears to be a plan to make average champs useful with attack tactics or questing like we have seen mercs side quest and pain quests. But the balance is off with average attack champs which a fair proportion of the community don't have ranked up because of lack of resources or whatever.this also comes down to chance rng of crystal opening. Magik champs I have no r7 r2, no 6star r5 and only 4 r4 champ.
    Sturdy was worse had 4 r3 champs, sure that might be a strategic error but at the moment I am getting 3 or 4 t3a and t6b cats no full r6cc. Considering there will be 2x 6 weeks of magick thief unless I $ materials I cannot rank the appropriate champs and am i going to spend a days pay to buy these no. Again evidence the game is aggressively moving to units based system, other evidence includes the nerf or revive farming.
    I think it's fair to say people want a challenge but when is too challenging. Our officers had decided after 2 practice wars we will only be doing 1 loyalty reviews, which is sad. As war is the most interesting challenging and changing component of the game which is being out priced loyalty/war/champs for the majority of people.
    While I am not the greatest player I am ok, p4 wars, top 400 aq 19k prestige.

• FrydayFryday Member Posts: 964 ★★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

T’was the night before alliance wars
    And all through the game
    Players were wondering
    How the tactic could stay the same!

While some are holding crystals to hoard,
    Others await here, as their concerns are ignored.
    Miike and Jax are nowhere to be found,
    Unfortunately for them, this forum post is still around.

We prepare for another poor war season.
    Can you examine this poorly designed tactic,
    Is that a good enough reason?

Members are retiring while others quit,
    Debating how a tactic can be such …..
    Good luck to all and switch to 1 loyalty war,
    Maybe Kabam will realize their decision was poor.

Could it be already that time of year?
    To be merry and all have a good cheer

No banquet crystals or red guy with shield.
    Just very cold and lot of heating bills.

No bills will be paid, we all will stay cold
    As new champions bundles are being sold.

Need them new Defenders for AW & BG
    Bulleyes, Onslaught, Serpent is all you will see.

Oh what fun we will have with this Magica
    Or maybe we all be emotional scar. 🤣🤣🤣

Matty_Ice said:

Let me add: void is banned this war

, iceman, are probably going to be majority of attack bans this season.
    Don't manifest this into my world.
    😬
    It’s obvious forum managers are not allowed to reply this thread anymore, meanwhile I also think they lost the key person to reschedule aw, it’s just technically impossible for Kabam.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,354 ★★★★★
    WillieB said:

People are not realizing what this will do to Hazard Shift path and nodes. The viable champ list is so small. There needs to be a much better way to manage this node outside of using a Tactic attacker. Plain and simple. Even as it currently stands it is insane.

Players close to the door with frustration with this game are going to walk this War season. No one wants a cash/resource grab tactic like this.

I run the hazard shift lane as well. Of course the champ they added to help our lane was Dust who 90% of us don't have. I usually use Iceman but now he's always banned. I did have some success with Bishop, but even using him causes him to lose almost half his health every fight despite getting the win, which in turn makes it a very expensive strategy.
    I've been using iceman and Kushala (she will regen what she loses in many matches) in addition to Dust on path 9 (got her bundle as I could see where this was heading). Even with those 3 it can be painful, and I expect iceman to be banned most wars.
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 903 ★★★★
    Get ready to open your wallets Elite players... :smiley:
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    I am way past contemplating fighting 1L revives war, this is a given at this point. I am currently debating if fighting totally joyless wars, is worth it for the season rewards at the end.

I am staying this season with my alliance and I will rexamine at the end if it's worth it or if I should quit playing war alltogether.

I am way past contemplating fighting 1L revives war, this is a given at this point. I am currently debating if fighting totally joyless wars, is worth it for the season rewards at the end.

I am staying this season with my alliance and I will rexamine at the end if it's worth it or if I should quit playing war alltogether.

Because many alliances are doing 1-loyalty war, so most of them will sit in the same bucket at the end (unless you want to push for top10), it's not bad to get some good rewards by doing this.

The only problem I have now is, even just do 1-loyalty war, it might take 10 minutes to complete a fight, it is too annoying when the tactic combines with some nodes and defenders.
  • _Barabbas__Barabbas_ Member Posts: 135
    Matty_Ice said:

Nope. He'd be indestructible 90% of the fight.