**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

After Showcase, are you pushing for top tier war?

124»

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    No..made me even less interested
    Thiartc said:

quick question. if this was the content for the 1st piece, how many would chase it? now that is the last, we are all forced to dip into our pockets to get it done...

Plenty of people, like me, basically checked out on the first piece.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/359577/anyone-else-giving-up-on-deathless-king-groot-and-therefore-thanos-just-from-this-first-wow-fight#latestl

Remember why that was?

Yes, we were given a free point as eventually even Kabam realised their limitation for #robot was too limiting. But that won't have changed the fact that they will have every intention of generating similarly challenging restrictions fighting most of the subsequent champions, and in the final gauntlet.

And the same for the next Deathless champion.

And the same for the Deathless champion after that.

It's a heck of a slog (over a year of huge challenges) to acquire four predictably mediocre champions (who will never be Awakened, but may or may not synergise well) and a final, fifth champion, who's probably actually pretty useful.

I'm not complaining: I just see that this is a challenge designed for people a little more driven/capable/willing to spend than I am. Kabam needs to have some content that's designed for the people at the top; and I wish them luck, but this chase isn't for me.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 680 ★★★

I must've missed this memo at some point, but which part of Photon is bugged right now? Is it something only affecting certain modes in the game, or all facets currently? I'm also assuming it's something that makes it a bit harder to counter her and not a bug that benefits us using her offensively as well?

Defensively, Photon cannot be switched when at 10+ charges with her dashing back and holding block. It’s the easy and simple way to play around her Pure Light From to avoid eating unblockable/undexable specials. You can knockdown when under a bar to trigger and wait it out but lining that up isn’t always going to work out well.

It’s been like a month (Feb 24th or earlier) since it was reported & “fixed” (or to be fixed). So the fact they put her in as the boss is just messed up IMO.

Hi @LilMaddogHT ,

Thank you very for the amazing insight.

May I ask, do you if anything being look into with Nightcrawler as well, he seem to have similar issue.
  • Options
    brownchr014brownchr014 Posts: 35
    Beewee said:

Beewee said:

Bad example of top tier war. You usually dont take 8-9 fights in one war lol

You have 4 champs for 7 fights, which is 1.75 per champ. In war with 3 champs that would be 5.25 fights, when the average is 5 per player. I'd say that's pretty close.

7 fights because the champ choice means you get 1 free unused one for the boss.
    You also have to realize people bring pre fights especially for someone like knockdown sassy to help make it a little easier. Yes you bring 4 champs but the fights are awkward tbf because they’re taken off several different paths and minis as opposed to one theme of a path like path 1 where it was all regen where you mainly just needed someone to handle the regen. The quest isn't bad by any means its just not an example of how war really works at the very top.
    I agree. Especially with the mastery setup the defenders in the showcase had. It was very unrealistic in that way. People have to choose between masteries and don't have the ability to run as many masteries maxed out.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

. I saw it as an introduction to the new loyalty currency and another everest style content for a groot piece. Was it difficult? Sure. Did I use more revives than my last necro run? Absolutely.

Just curious @Pandingo , how many revives was your last necro run and Showcase?
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★

Pandingo said:

. I saw it as an introduction to the new loyalty currency and another everest style content for a groot piece. Was it difficult? Sure. Did I use more revives than my last necro run? Absolutely.

So my last run of necro was probably 22 revives. Showcase run I think I dropped 25-30.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Fryday said:

Hi @LilMaddogHT ,

Thank you very for the amazing insight.

May I ask, do you if anything being look into with Nightcrawler as well, he seem to have similar issue.

While similar mechanics, I've been told they are coded different even though descriptions are both identical minus the time (and the clause that Photon needs to be at 10+):
    NC: Dodging back and holding Block for 2 seconds
    Photon: Dodging back and holding Block for 1.2 seconds

With NC right now though, he actually gets a timer every time on the dash back & start of block (even briefly).

With Photon, idk ~80%+ of the time, she simply doesn't even get the timer at all when 10+ & on the dash back into block. When it does happen, it goes away immediately though, generally how NC's does.

Only Kabam can give actual details and clarity on the issue... which would be very useful and convenient.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

Pandingo said:

So my last run of necro was probably 22 revives. Showcase run I think I dropped 25-30.
    Which fights in the showcase cost you the most revives? I’m glad i did the Mojo challenge before this, thats like 3 Necro paths worth of revives
  • Options
    RustyoneilRustyoneil Posts: 185 ★★

I like the idea, but if you sell it to us as being able to experience high tier war and you add all these masteries to already insanely ranked up defenders, It seems unrealistic. I would have had a ton more respect for the content, has each node be tuned with ideal masteries, but not unrealistic, needing 90 points to pull off what you’re saying the defenders have in their kit.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Pandingo said:

Pandingo said:

Which fights in the showcase cost you the most revives? I’m glad i did the Mojo challenge before this, thats like 3 Necro paths worth of revives
    Pandingo said:

Pandingo said:

Thanks. I was wondering because my last necro was ~65, but my showcase was 4 revives and two team revives for 100%. I thought necro was way harder.
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 224
    This was the worst content I've ever played in this game
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I'm just now trying it out for the first time. And holy hell the ammount of AI bugs and stuff happening here is surreal.
  • Options
    GrumrokGrumrok Posts: 64
    I dont see the biggest problem in this quest with those nodes. Except the Sassy/Longshot and the final Photon fight twice its quite well managable.

But looking into future when this piece of content gonna showcase the absolute horrendous new tactics with crush/sturdy and magic thief/x-magica, wanna me delete this game in advance already.