**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery Update Incoming!!!

Comments

• Options
    SoundwarpSoundwarp Posts: 43
    What do you mean by this at the bottom?

“ For the first week Mastery Loadouts are available (from April 1st through April 8th) they will have free mastery costs, as well as no associated Mastery Loadout costs.”
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 744 ★★★★

Crys23 said:

I would've liked a dedicated Arena loadout, like for AW defense. Think we could get that in the future?

You'll have 3 loadouts, use 1 for arena grinding :wink:
    I get that. The way it says for AW you can mark a checkbox and it automatically aplies that loadout on your defense, I was thinking we could have that for Arena, somehow.
    Mark a checkbox, it aplies that loadout and dont have to pay the 35units every time. It will actually be 70 units because invariably you'll need to switch back for AW attack, WoW fights, EQ, AQ, whatever.

I know at this point I'm nitpicking, I'm very happy with this. I just hope there will be further improvements along the way.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 684 ★★★
    So let take this as an example.

Warlock fight in EoP (for CCP Carina).

Loadout 1 with Willpower, Loadout 2 does not have Willpower.

To take that fight, one switch from 1 to 2, before the fight and one swith from 2 to 1, total 70 units.

Does anyone happen to know if it would be cheaper (roughly) to do this instead.

Before the fight to reset Def Masteries, not put point on Willpower, then add Willpower in after fight?
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,043 ★★★
    Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

I would've liked a dedicated Arena loadout, like for AW defense. Think we could get that in the future?

You'll have 3 loadouts, use 1 for arena grinding :wink:
    I get that. The way it says for AW you can mark a checkbox and it automatically aplies that loadout on your defense, I was thinking we could have that for Arena, somehow.
    Mark a checkbox, it aplies that loadout and dont have to pay the 35units every time. It will actually be 70 units because invariably you'll need to switch back for AW attack, WoW fights, EQ, AQ, whatever.

I know at this point I'm nitpicking, I'm very happy with this. I just hope there will be further improvements along the way.
    That's what I just realized myself, or need answered. I was under the impression these builds could all be locked under certain game modes. So when I join arenas, I have a box checked where my suicide build is running 24/7. When I exit and hope into AQ or daily questing, my Standard build is running.

Sounds like the AW-D build might be the only one you can setup and just leave be without ever really needing to mess with again.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Wicket329 said:

Okay, so let’s say I have these as my three loadouts:

Loadout 1: Standard, day to day questing
    Loadout 2: AW Defense
    Loadout 3: Recoil loadout

If I come up against a matchup that requires me to turn off dexterity or crank up collar tech or something, will I be able to manually do that without overwriting one of my existing loadouts? Like, would I just use the currently existing system and costs for that and when I’m done be able to spend the 35 units to jump right back to one of my saved three?

Amazing question. I was just thinking this but didn't know how to phrase it lol
    My guess is that whatever loadout you have aplied it will autosave any change you make. So if have your Standard loadout and remove Dex, then your Standard loadout won't have Dex on until you added back again.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,997 ★★★★★
    Crys23 said:

ahmynuts said:

Wicket329 said:

If I come up against a matchup that requires me to turn off dexterity or crank up collar tech or something, will I be able to manually do that without overwriting one of my existing loadouts? Like, would I just use the currently existing system and costs for that and when I’m done be able to spend the 35 units to jump right back to one of my saved three?

My guess is that whatever loadout you have aplied it will autosave any change you make. So if have your Standard loadout and remove Dex, then your Standard loadout won't have Dex on until you added back again.
    That would be a glaring oversight imo considering there's champions you want to disable masteries for like warlock
  • Options
    AgenteMagnusAgenteMagnus Posts: 32
    I was so excited when I read that Mastery Loadouts were coming to the game, until the end of the post. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good news for sure, but having a cost for switching them is ridiculous. Unlocking masteries is very costly as is, and the big complaint on switching them was exactly the unit cost. Please consider removing the cost, or at least making that we can mark a loadout for arena, just as it appears that we can mark one for AW defense.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    Wicket329 said:

Crys23 said:

(Quote from Announcement…)
    To change any of the masteries of a specific Loadout, you just need to switch to that particular Loadout and make any changes you want.
    (end quote)

So question is whether you have 3 *SAVED* Loadouts, in addition to a *CURRENT* and potentially different Loadout ??

From “quote”, seems like you can NOT have a different/current loadout.
    Sounds like your Current one is exactly what you have selected as your *Active Saved Loadout” one.
    Any changes made to Current setup gets applied to that Active Loadout (because they are one and the same).

*Basing this from Announcement quote.
    If you could potentially have a 4th (ie, Current, different from either of the 3 Saved ones), then Announcement probably would have included following at the end of quote above…
    … “and then RE-SAVE that back to your saved Loadout”
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
    I’m theory crafting some efficient ways to handle the three loadouts, and here’s what I got:

For your primary, day to day loadout, save it with everything you would normally use EXCEPT willpower. Just leave those points unspent and save the loadout. I’d say leave dexterity of too, but that means missing an entire tree and that defeats the purpose.

After saving, then put your willpower points in. That way when you have to fight a beefy Warlock or some other fight where you need to turn willpower off, you just swap to the loadout and don’t need to redo the entire defense tree. And when you’re done with that fight, you only need to spend the handful of units for willpower and not the ones you’d need for every other defensive mastery.
  • Options
    edited March 26
    ahmynuts said:

Crys23 said:

ahmynuts said:

Wicket329 said:

That would be a glaring oversight imo considering there's champions you want to disable masteries for like warlock
    You're overthinking this. Instead of loadouts, think of them as Slots. Mastery Slots. Now we only have 1 Slot. Any change we make to our mastery trees applies to it. With this change we'll have 3 Slots. Which ever one you have active, it will behave like they currently do now.
    What this change brings is for one, we will have dedicated AW defense masteries. Set it once and it's done. (sort of like we had before). And second, if we need to fully overhaul our masteries, all 3 trees, for like arena grinding, or even a specific fight that requires suicides, we just switch to the Slot (loadout) that has those masteries. It will save time and units. But that Slot might not have the exact masteries you want, so you might still need to tinker with it a bit.
    Anyway, this is my understanding and expectation of how it will work. (if there are no bugs)
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 953 ★★★★
    There is no way you put a 35 unit cost everytime you want to switch loadouts @Kabam Miike

This is a dumb stupid thing.
  • Options
    AgenteMagnusAgenteMagnus Posts: 32

I was so excited when I read that Mastery Loadouts were coming to the game, until the end of the post. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good news for sure, but having a cost for switching them is ridiculous. Unlocking masteries is very costly as is, and the big complaint on switching them was exactly the unit cost. Please consider removing the cost, or at least making that we can mark a loadout for arena, just as it appears that we can mark one for AW defense.

I wish there were no loadout cost as well. It is, however, a significant decrease to the 100+ (150?) units it was costing me to rebuild them each time I went into necropolis.
    It is an improvement for sure. But as always, Kabam put a big turd on top of the cake, then wonders why people hate on them so much. Guess this will never change.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,483 ★★★★
    If this is delivered as advertised this is the greatest thing kabaam has ever done. And it's not even close.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,043 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I’m theory crafting some efficient ways to handle the three loadouts, and here’s what I got:

For your primary, day to day loadout, save it with everything you would normally use EXCEPT willpower. Just leave those points unspent and save the loadout. I’d say leave dexterity of too, but that means missing an entire tree and that defeats the purpose.

After saving, then put your willpower points in. That way when you have to fight a beefy Warlock or some other fight where you need to turn willpower off, you just swap to the loadout and don’t need to redo the entire defense tree. And when you’re done with that fight, you only need to spend the handful of units for willpower and not the ones you’d need for every other defensive mastery.

Forgive my lack of T1-ness, but, is this a common thing for people to do? Think the only Warlock I've ever turned Willpower off for has been that EOP one back in the day.
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

Forgive my lack of T1-ness, but, is this a common thing for people to do? Think the only Warlock I've ever turned Willpower off for has been that EOP one back in the day.
    There are a couple fights that you can come across in war where you’ll want to turn off willpower. Not super frequent, but if you have a base mastery setup you really like and don’t swap often, it might make sense to make your loadout just a slight tweak from that.
  • Options
    ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Posts: 152

@Kabam Miike pls clarify this like for example In my loadout 3 I run 2 points in deep wounds and just after sometime I want to add 3 more points in the deep wounds mastery will the units cost of 8 and 10 or whatever will it still be there or it is free?

I am asking about this

Did anyone read my comment as well?
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 476 ★★★
    KyrinMcH said:

well this means max limber on every one of the fights in war now

And probably max stand your ground as well
  • Options

@Kabam Miike pls clarify this like for example In my loadout 3 I run 2 points in deep wounds and just after sometime I want to add 3 more points in the deep wounds mastery will the units cost of 8 and 10 or whatever will it still be there or it is free?

I am asking about this

Did anyone read my comment as well?
    Mate, we see what you said, we just don’t have a response to it.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 476 ★★★
    I would prefer for arena to have a separate mastery system similar to the BG loadout, where you can have your main masteries set to story or whatever, and when you play in that game mode it applies the suicides just in that mode.

Means you set and forget and don't have to make any changes or 35 unit swaps.