**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does anyone miss the older simpler MCOC days?

DarknessFallsDarknessFalls Posts: 131 ★★
edited April 2 in General Discussion
I miss the older MCOC days, the champs were so much easier to use, these days every new champ have to complex rotation where you have to manage so many things not only on your champs but the AI as well. I prefer the focus being on the defender and having simpler champs not having these perfect complex rotations. Just what I felt, these days you gotta do thesis on every champ, like we didn't had enough of that with defenders, nodes and different events.

Comments

• Options
    Nacho98Nacho98 Posts: 115
    Nah
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Do I miss champs having 2 lines of text and not being as creative? No, no I don’t. I like new champ designs (champs like Kate are some of my favorites) and if they kept releasing simple champs the game would get boring fast

Also there are still champ rotations now that are straightforward af. Hit the opponent and use the right special for the fight isn’t complicated lmao

Emilia90 said:

Do I miss champs having 2 lines of text and not being as creative? No, no I don’t. I like new champ designs (champs like Kate are some of my favorites) and if they kept releasing simple champs the game would get boring fast

Also there are still champ rotations now that are straightforward af. Hit the opponent and use the right special for the fight isn’t complicated lmao

You mean Dani Moonstar,s rotation?
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,843 ★★★★★

JAYIRI said:

Y'all complain about everything

And you complaining that others complains...
    The MCOC community does complain about everything and that’s a valid complaint to have about their complaints (hilarious I know)

If y’all are so pressed about the game then stop playing. There’s criticism that I have too but “old game good new game bad” is silly. Plus new rotations aren’t nearly as stringent or complicated as people make them out to be. White Tiger has a special spamming rotation that’s easy af to understand and Onslaught is just heavy + sp1 + sp2. Can’t get any easier than that
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★

I miss the older MCOC days, the champs were so much easier to use, these days every new champ have to complex rotation where you have to manage so many things not only on your champs but the AI as well. I prefer the focus being on the defender and having simpler champs not having these perfect complex rotations. Just what I felt, these days you gotta do thesis on every champ, like we didn't had enough of that with defenders, nodes and different events.

I quit 3 times because it was boring and tedious. It's still extremely tedious but at least it's not boring. I used to be able to win fights without even watching the screen, yes when there were only 4 stars and under it was that predictable. And one or two champs were all I ever used. Not anymore. Everybody complains about herc being the go to answer but if you're actually competitive he isn't used hardly at all. If you want something boring and easy there are plenty of afk games. Go get em tiger
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Yes and no. I miss being able to just read a description and understand what that character could do. At the same time they could not do a whole lot and over time the game would probably get boring and participation would drop.

I have been around since beta and, I remember all the changes ie mastery introduced, dupes being added, that is how I got an awaken 2* punisher, as he was given for free to see what awaken actucally does. Introduction of allainces, the arguments of who opened a crystal when crystal or dupe event wasn't running. I look back at that time with fond memories but I would not want to play that way anymore.

You remove all the changes and what not that were added over time and the game would be dead. Champs doing more is because game does more to keep up the interest.

Kabam catches a lot of flack and deservedly so at times but overall they have to be doing something right with all the added things or game would have shut down years ago.
  • Options
    LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 165

JAYIRI said:

I don’t mean to complain, but all of you are complaining about complaining.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 565 ★★★★
    i think i heard a dev say something like they can't add more power or else we get hercules so they do it through complexity instead.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 377 ★★★
    The complexity is what keeps things interesting...
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    LexSavi said:

JAYIRI said:

I don’t mean to complain, but all of you are complaining about complaining.
    It’s actually my biggest trigger when i see someone complaining about a complaint of someone else complaining
  • Options
    I meant to say the counters these days have to perform complex moves to even counter. Even though complexity and new style is not an issue, that I agree since it keeps the game interesting. The issue is with complexity of performing certain rotation to counter a defender and node, plus now AI being the way it is who doesn't comply, just doesn't complement the gameplay in that sense.

The other day I had to keep baiting more than 60 seconds for sp1 in battleground. Seemed it's all on AI if it wants to you win you can else just suffer.

Like these days with silk gameplay, I can not able to finish combo with heavy since AI instantly dashes back and you aren't able to stun and get countered.

Or be it kushala where I wanna keep the blessings up for unblockable but AI doesn't comply and becomes passive.

These days champion deep dives also have moved to show champ at 7*r3, not sure it shows a champs potential if it has to be above 30k rating.

I like when they showed a champion countered things at avg rating, it showed potential as the counter so it will be at least avg in general matchups.
  • Options
    Pandingo said:

I quit 3 times because it was boring and tedious. It's still extremely tedious but at least it's not boring. I used to be able to win fights without even watching the screen, yes when there were only 4 stars and under it was that predictable. And one or two champs were all I ever used. Not anymore. Everybody complains about herc being the go to answer but if you're actually competitive he isn't used hardly at all. If you want something boring and easy there are plenty of afk games. Go get em tiger
    It's more of an AI issue I suppose with the complexity to be able to perform the required rotations, as it's becoming more.of an rng, you just hope AI behaves.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,796 ★★★★★
    Older simpler like pre 12.0 nerf?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

There is a middle ground between the first few champions ever in the contest and whatever we're getting now.
  • Options
    Rick_1Rick_1 Posts: 62
    I do miss how nodes were more varied. There is a ton of nodes available in the game, would be nice to see a few more used than protection, unblockable, miss and root.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,824 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Sometimes I miss the days where the only things you could do on the internet was read USENET, browse gopher servers, and read email. It was simpler time.
    sometimes I miss the old days before the internet when you had to watch shows when they aired or you were SOOL, when you had to arrange to meet a friend and then wait for them to show up and if they didn't, you had no clue why, or when you had to write actual letters and send to people and wait days, or even weeks, for a reply. The days when you had to just wait for a movie to have a trailer in the cinema before you knew about it...

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU KIDS!!!!!
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,697 ★★★★★
    I miss 5000 dollar Monaros.

Old MCOC, notsomuch.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,695 Guardian
    I don't miss not having parry or dex not exist in the game
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

I don't miss not having parry or dex not exist in the game

Lol not that back hahaha 🤣
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    I miss the days when I knew the champs 90 pct of the new champs, now they have no nostalgic (childhood) meaning to me.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,052 ★★★★★
    Good ol days where game is just parry 5 hit parry 5 hit parry 5 hit parry 5 hit sp2 - repeat until opponent dies.
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 201 ★★
    Yeah I love the days of no crystal shards or catalyst fragments, 6 iso at a time, 3 months to get a 4 star crystal, every single fight playing out the exact same and parry block damage being the deciding factor of whether a fight was easy or hard, champs with basically the same kits and animations, terrible rewards etc etc /s
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,973 ★★★★
    I miss the days when Doctor Strange, Thor and Scarlet Witch were dominating the contest (unfortunately I wasn’t around at that time)
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 656 ★★★
    It depends on the player, I don’t mind it at all. I enjoy the complexity and the unique playstyles for different champions. But my Dad used to play this game and he’s how I got into it. The game got too complex for him and he eventually stopped playing because he didn’t like having to read a short story of nodes in order to know what’s happening with the nodes or champions kits.