Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

F2P Valiant Speedrun

Comments

• Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    Just started reading this post today and it's very interesting. You are kicking butt so far @Cantona59 , keep up the good work. I haven't have time to watch the videos or check out your youtube channel yet, but I will definitely check it out. Good luck the rest of the way.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 646 ★★★

Seeing a 1* Steve go through act 7 & most likely act 8, one of the coolest mcoc things I've ever seen. So glad this thread/accomplishment is getting the attention it deserves. @Cantona59 thanks for do this. It's really awesome to be along for the quest...

I don’t understand how Steven can even go in act 8.
    Cantona59 said:

Day 7 recap!
    So that’s the first week of the challenge done! Once again have to say thank you for all the support on the thread, on YouTube, and Ingame, it really does help propel me forward and encourages me to keep playing on even when I essentially have no counter for a fight.

So I started the day by picking up the 7.3 deal from yesterday, I was debating between mystic and skill t5cc, and decided to go with skill for cheelith and then use the generic 2-3 from act 7 completion on Chavez.

Then I dived into 7.4, and with the major rankups from yesterday it was so much faster and felt so much easier. Also around this chapter and into act 8 was when they started doing a lot of class based lanes (eg: use mutant champs, get this boost), so any skill, tech or mystic lanes was essentially a free path.

7.4.1 (invisible woman lane) 0 revives, skill path so Kate and cheelith destroyed it

7.4.2, ok here I did something a bit funky, basically the quest is layed out in a way where u can do the 1st and last fight on the unit path (which is difficult), but the other 4 fights on a different lane that was much easier. So I struggled through those 2 fights as I didn’t have a true counter, but then ripped through the other 4 fights. Overall it cost 1 revive to get 90 units so good trade.

7.4.3 (symbiote spidey lane) 0 revives, this quest is a bit of a slog, lots of dashing back to keep the disorients up and then doing bursts of damage
    7.4.4 (Spidey lane) 0 revives, also a bit of a slog, but Kate did well against the fights she got superiority for to stack the fury’s with coldsnap
    7.4.5 (Stark Spidey lane) 0 revives, 5/6 opponents on this path are metal, so magneto cleaned up with a couple potions
    7.4.6 (Mr sinister lane) 0 revives, tech lane, so r3 guardian crushed most fights and brought omega sentinel for havok

Then it was Superior Kang. Now if I’m being honest I don’t really like this boss, in past Speedruns I’ve never been able to get a good run going on him and it usually costs me a couple team revives to get through him. But this time I decided to play very well against him 😅. I used 1 revive on him, which stunned me tbh cause I was expecting a lot more.

(Quick note that from 7.4 onwards all end of chapter unit deals are still at their release price, so from this point all those deals will be ignored and not bought)

Anyone who randomly remembers the path rewards for 7.4 may realise that I managed to take every unit path in this chapter! So that was a nice 540 units back to keep it topped up.

So that was the end of act 7, and the completion rewards was … tbh not great. Even the 6 star nexus didn’t really give me anything I could get excited about, so the best stuff from it was the generic 1-2 and 2-3 gems and the 6* awakening gem. The awakening gem happened to be tech, so decided to use it on guardian and take him to sig 60 for some extra tankiness.

At this point I decided to take chavez to r3 lvl 45 to help me in act 8 (used the iso from the 5th shooting stars quest), and then decided to jump straight into act 8.

8.1.1 (Blade lane) 0 revives, this is where the weapon nodes was added to the game, and this path had +400% sp2 damage when deactivated. So Chavez did some stuff that was not safe for viewing.
    8.1.2 (Sentry lane) 0 revives, skill wrath lane so once again Kate and cheelith destroyed it, Chavez also helped for the Medusa at the end of the path
    8.1.3 (cap marvel lane) 1 revive, another weapon node but this time with damaging debuffs getting a buff, so Cheelith was pumping some crazy damage.
    8.1.4 (Hulk lane) 1 revive, skill lane once again, giving Kate and cheelith up to 350% more attack
    8.1.5 (Jane Foster lane) 0 revives, this is the most fun lane in act 8 imo, if u stack up a lot of intercepts then the opponent has loads of petrify and tries to heal. They just melt themselves.
    8.1.6 (Heimdall lane) 0 revives, a repeat of the first quest, 400% sp2 damage and a lane with mostly science and cosmic champs is perfect for my roster.

Then it was time for Scytalis. I think the majority of people will agree that she is the easiest out of the act 8 bosses, but she is very fun. Cheelith got her down to the final phase on her own, and Kate finished the job with coldsnap slowly ticking her down. 0 revives used.

Once again, 8.1 rewards was very meh, apart from getting a 2-3 skill gem which is quite nice, as it saves catalysts on cheelith, so I took her to r3 straight away.

I was getting a bit tired, but decided I had a bit left in the tank, so let’s see how 8.2 went (well up to quest 4):

8.2.1 (Aegon lane) 0 revives, power shield lane so really simple to start off with
    8.2.2 (Mr Negative lane) 1 revive, this is actually a tricky weapon node, it requires an intercept and if opponent hits your block you get staggered which can deal a lot of damage. Cheelith mvp for cleanse.
    8.2.3 (Sentry lane) 0 revives, bleed vulnerability on this lane, so cheelith made quick work of this.
    8.2.4 (Void lane) 1 revive, another skill lane (there’s so many of them for some reason), but a bit trickier than usual and with some scary defenders. Tiredness hit me here.

And that’s where I stopped, I was getting tired and didn’t want to be burnt out for the next day so that I could hopefully push paragon.

Tomorrow I hope to get all the way to glykhan, as completing act 8 would get me all the resources and gems needed for paragon. I have a feeling glykhan is going to do some serious damage to me, as I don’t have a great counter as it stands.

Upload for today is showcasing Superior Kang and Scytalis bosses, link below:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QBcKcEuS1i8

Final note: I am going to attempt to do a stream on either YouTube or Twitch on what would be Day 9 (Saturday Evening or Sunday morning depending on your time zone). I have never streamed before, so it may take some time to set up, a bit of troubleshooting etc, but hopefully I can be live to start a bit of act 8 exploration with me talking as well. Hopefully anyone can turn up if they have the time 😁.

Damn you caught Up to me.
  • Options
    I’m on 8.2.6
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 330 ★★
    Cantona59 said:

So Chavez did some stuff that was not safe for viewing.

🤔
    Awesome job man!! You have just flown through this so fast. I wouldn’t doubt if u get valiant in a week!!
  • Options
    I do have 1 r3 7* and 1 and half t4a. So all I need to do is finish woe and 100% 8.4
  • Options
    Cantona59Cantona59 Posts: 184 ★★★
    Deder80 said:

Seeing a 1* Steve go through act 7 & most likely act 8, one of the coolest mcoc things I've ever seen. So glad this thread/accomplishment is getting the attention it deserves. @Cantona59 thanks for do this. It's really awesome to be along for the quest...

I don’t understand how Steven can even go in act 8.

They changed the 5 star and above restriction for act 6 and 7, but not for act 8. Sadly he can’t enter act 8

• Options

Cantona59 said:

🤔
    Awesome job man!! You have just flown through this so fast. I wouldn’t doubt if u get valiant in a week!!
    Chavez + dimensions up + 400% sp2 damage = opponent gets one shot 😭
    I should have recorded, I might hop back into that quest and record 1 or 2 fights
  • Options
    Cantona59 said:

Cantona59 said:

🤔
    Chavez + dimensions up + 400% sp2 damage = opponent gets one shot 😭
    I should have recorded, I might hop back into that quest and record 1 or 2 fights
    That would be awesome to see! But not during the challenge, u need all the time u got.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,824 ★★★★★
    Does your account still have the 14 days login shards?

1/ New Summoner Supply Drop ☑️
    2/ April (login calendar) ☑️
    3/ Progression based (14 day) ❌

My account don’t have 3/.
  • Options
    @Cantona59 do you have a YouTube channel? I wanted to to check you Bahamet fight if you have one
  • Options
    On any account
  • Options
    Deder80 said:

@Cantona59 do you have a YouTube channel? I wanted to to check you Bahamet fight if you have one

I do, YouTube : Cant0na~1, it’s also the channel in all the recap vids.
    Bahamet will only be uploaded today in a few hours though
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★
    Ok it's day 7. Is there any chance for ya to become paragon by today(day8)? That will beat your previous record of 9 days.
  • Options

Ok it's day 7. Is there any chance for ya to become paragon by today(day8)? That will beat your previous record of 9 days.

• Options
    XedXed Posts: 32
    Nice one. All the best. I did a similar thing when Necropolis came out. I did initial completion and spent the rest of the time since then doing Act 8 exploration. Today I’m finishing my final exploration path of 8.4.6! It was enjoyable. Have fun!
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,245 ★★★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Well I’m about to fight glykhan sooooo 😁😁😁

Gl i know u can do it
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 51
    That’s amazing… looking forward to seeing what your approach is to the Necropolis completion!
  • Options
    doggydoggy Posts: 843 ★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Well I’m about to fight glykhan sooooo 😁😁😁

So fast 🤩
  • Options
    BadahBadah Posts: 247 ★★

I believe he already did it :) but let's wait for his official communication
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 576 ★★★
    I stand by my previous comment.

What do you study btw?
  • Options
    ErrangErrang Posts: 67
    Damn dude, nice job :)
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★
    Cantona59 said:

I stand by my previous comment.

What do you study btw?

I study maths and doing a minor in physics atm. I’m only a 1st year student so I’m not too deep into my course yet.
    Maths major woww. Life is tough
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 575 ★★★
    @Cantona59 congrats, nice read, keep going 😊
  • Options
    doggydoggy Posts: 843 ★★★
    Next necropolis 🎯
  • Options
    Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Posts: 215 ★★
    I have been playing this game for almost 3 years and I am still not Valiant 🙃