Options

I am torn on this rankup choice.

TerraTerra Posts: 8,069 ★★★★★
I don't take the game 100% ultra seriously.
I rankup exotic and unusual champions.
I'm very torn here. DDHK lifts so much for me in War, but Hawkeye is a power control king

I am torn on this rankup choice. 104 votes

You won't miss with Daredevil tbh
38%
Sw0rdMasterLogan00Sachhyam257AleorsxlbstverliebtAyden_noah1ZuroAnnihilator13_ItsClobberinTimeWolf911Dfour24SpideyFunkoXguard77Blueline_10dee_jay5JinxEternityThe_Nemesis_1998Sceptilemaniac2SirGamesBondBaker999 40 votes
You'll hit the mark with Hawkeye.
61%
DrZolabuffajrJets44Feeney234TheVyrusbm3eppsFoxhero007NojokejaymThatGuyYouSaw235CupidLmaoMoosetiptronicMysterioRayven5220JChanceH9ButtehrsDart1981AngusMac279Dose_ResponsiveKRANꓘ 64 votes

Comments

• Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Dam I didn't see that Hawkeye was a 7 star. I switch to Hawkeye, future proof the game.
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 460 ★★★

Dam I didn't see that Hawkeye was a 7 star. I switch to Hawkeye, future proof the game.

Bro I didn’t see that either! Def Hawkeye
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,486 ★★★★★
    7*
  • Options

Future proofing with 7*s.... Is Valiant really worth it?
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,047 ★★★★★
    DDHK is so strong that he’s not a 7*
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,633 ★★★★★
    Hawkeye is the most underrated champ in game. He’s no Kate, but the guy has strong utility and a synergy list a mile long.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 870 ★★★★
    edited April 27
    Both have their uses. Hawkeye has the perfect release mechanic that needs to be executed right to get the best out of him but at least he doesn't have the general issues that DDHK does (very specific rotations, Regen Rate, dependency on synergies).

There is also Carina's Challenges to consider if you still need to do it and if a 7*R2 Hawkeye would help. I've just noticed that he's awakened too.

Head says Hawkeye, heart says DDHK.

Do you need to make the decision now? Is there anything in the Spring Cleaning store which could change the decision?
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    dunno if I have the cahones to rank 7* Hawkeye up.. lol..

I'm sure you have idea what champion I have in my roster.. I have rank up resources for tech rank 1to2 and generic 7* 1to2.. awaken Rocket Racoon might stay rank1.. the option are Shuri or Warlock both undupe or duped Lady Deathstrike.. just got Guardian too..

If you have generic rank 4to5.. 6* might be nice but if you need to use rank up resources.. I guess save for 7* (stat focus is really nice).
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,347 ★★★★★
    If you are capable with his perfect release. I'm not.
  • Options

If you are capable with his perfect release. I'm not.

It's always come naturally to me, so it is no issue 🤔.
  • Options
    Chobbly said:

Both have their uses. Hawkeye has the perfect release mechanic that needs to be executed right to get the best out of him but at least he doesn't have the general issues that DDHK does (very specific rotations, Regen Rate, dependency on synergies).

There is also Carina's Challenges to consider if you still need to do it and if a 7*R2 Hawkeye would help. I've just noticed that he's awakened too.

Head says Hawkeye, heart says DDHK.

Do you need to make the decision now? Is there anything in the Spring Cleaning store which could change the decision?

It is not a decision right now, but my hands itch seeing the rankup button suchly.
    Heart and head are in disagreement for me 🥲
    Have not dabbled much in Carinas, only a rare few of them.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,735 ★★★★
    6* < 7*
    Always
  • Options

6* < 7*
    Always

But what if say, it's a champion copy vs situation? Some of them do benefit from sigs
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,735 ★★★★
    Terra said:

6* < 7*
    Always

But what if say, it's a champion copy vs situation? Some of them do benefit from sigs
    Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Still, ranking that 7* Hawkeye gets you one step closer to Valiant.
  • Options

Terra said:

6* < 7*
    Always

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. Still, ranking that 7* Hawkeye gets you one step closer to Valiant.
    Hm... I have 2 r2 7*s right now, Hulk and Sunspot.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Future proofing with 7*s.... Is Valiant really worth it?
    Valiant has access to more T4 alphas so it's worth it. WOW gave out better rewards, daily crystals are better, BG store are cheaper to purchase and offers are better overall. Once you reach Valiant it's easier to get more higher rank rewards so I would definitely say it's worth it. Paragon are grouped with TB so that's never good for Paragon players.
  • Options
    So, @Terra and in the interests of science (and mainly because my 6* Onslaught is going to R5 next probably so this event won't be a total loss) I did this. I'm now the owner (not particularly proud) of a R5 6* DDHK.

The jump from rank 4 to 5 isn't as much as going from rank 4 to a rank 4 ascended was for me. To get a feel for it, I'd recommend you slap a 15% champion boost on first with the R4 and see how it feels because that's about the closest you can get short of properly ranking him up to R5.

My R4 was healing about 81 per Willpower tick. Now it's 92 at R5 so don't assume the Regen problem will go away with the increased health pool; a difference of 11 points in the modern game is largely irrelevant. I still maintain that an increase to Base Regen Rate is needed and the numbers clearly show this.

My advice, for whatever it may be worth, is don't rank him up unless you feel really, really sure. His damage output is still lacking even though he's a raw damage champion and his utility is arguably as useful as rank 4 as it is as a rank 5. He needs a numbers tweak or a small buff to make him anything other than a niche rank up choice. I do regret the rank up to some extent so perhaps that's the cautionary point to end this post on.
  • Options
    I have made a decision.
    And.... my heart won out over my mind.

• Options
    edited April 29
    Terra said:

I have made a decision.

In that case, welcome to the Max DDHK club, @Terra. I'm assuming that @Rookiie is already a member.

We hold our Support Group meetings every third Thursday, 7:30 prompt, and after the mandatory ten minutes of time complaining about the kit, the rest of the meeting alternates between talking about how good the Netflix series was, how perfect the main cast were in their roles and also for swapping cooking recipes.

That nonsense aside (and for more literal readers, that previous paragraph was a joke), let's hope we get a nice relic or a minor buff that helps him out. I get there may be a worry about creating another Kingpin but the current kit is a long way from that.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

Terra said:

I have made a decision.

In that case, welcome to the Max DDHK club, @Terra. I'm assuming that @Rookiie is already a member.

We hold our Support Group meetings every third Thursday, 7:30 prompt, and after the mandatory ten minutes of time complaining about the kit, the rest of the meeting alternates between talking about how good the Netflix series was, how perfect the main cast were in their roles and also for swapping cooking recipes.

That nonsense aside (and for more literal readers, that previous paragraph was a joke), let's hope we get a nice relic or a minor buff that helps him out. I get there may be a worry about creating another Kingpin but the current kit is a long way from that.

The support campaign never dies! Long live the DDHK Support Group ✊🏼
    I have not yet max ranked my DDHK, but that’s because of limited resources ++ me being a scrub. But I will get there sooner rather than later.

Also how excited are we for the MCU series to be released next year?
  • Options
    DeadManWadeDeadManWade Posts: 275
    Hey there, fellow Marvel misfit! So you're stuck between ranking up Daredevil or Hawkeye, huh? Well, let me tell ya, it's like choosing between chimichangas and tacos. Both are awesome in their own special way, but it ultimately boils down to your play style and who tickles your fancy more.

Daredevil, ol' red suit himself, he's got that sixth sense thing going on, making him as slippery as a greased-up weasel in a bouncy castle. Plus, who doesn't love a blind ninja flipping around kicking butt?

Now, Hawkeye, he's got that sharpshooter vibe, hitting targets with pinpoint accuracy like Cupid on steroids. His arrows pack a punch, and let's face it, those trick shots are cooler than a polar bear's toenails.

So, my advice? Trust your gut, or flip a coin. Or better yet, let fate decide with a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors with yourself. Whatever you do, just remember to have fun! Chimichangas for life, baby!
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Chobbly said:

Terra said:

I have made a decision.

The support campaign never dies! Long live the DDHK Support Group ✊🏼
    I have not yet max ranked my DDHK, but that’s because of limited resources ++ me being a scrub. But I will get there sooner rather than later.

Also how excited are we for the MCU series to be released next year?
    As far as the new series, since they hit the pause and certain key actors were confirmed to be returning, I'm massively looking forward to Daredevil: Born Again. I'm hoping that when it happens we get some acknowledgement in game, maybe an event or something. Or maybe a buff to DDHK and a release as a 7* (wouldn't it be nice).
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,392 ★★★★
    Hawkeye is much more useful. Yes DDHK cannot miss but we have a better version of that with Bullseye. Hawkeye has Slow, good bleed damage when duped, power control

https://youtu.be/GvpXMGbnXqY?si=eTfLf9t9j_qR1qVj

https://youtu.be/oFNznJS7Fm8?si=IP7IDO_gfIm1i0wJ

https://youtu.be/Se_-wEDXAlY?si=UCftINSMkCi1EJqb
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,392 ★★★★
    Terra said:

I have made a decision.

Good choice though, he isn’t a 7* yet
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Terra said:

I have made a decision.

Good choice though, he isn’t a 7* yet
    I'd honestly love a 7* DDHK.
    But I'd also love a 7* Doctor Strange, and that's unlikely to occur 😁, considering the trend of what champs are added as 7*s.