Options

Who’s the best Kabam DLL champion?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,499 ★★★★
edited May 16 in General Discussion
So Kabam DLL is the designer of Photon, Kate Bishop, Absorbing Man, Kushala and Serpent. We’ll probably see more champs designs by him but for now who is the overall best in your opinion (in both offense and defense)?

Mine is probably Photon or Kushala, but all of them are so good

Who’s the best Kabam DLL champion? 190 votes

Absorbing Man
25%
BigPoppaCBONEMagicBentonTalha305RajabuffajrRagnarok13Vegeta9001yossCupidSandeepSGaudyGMoneyAleorBugmat78gash228Ewell65SSS69ErcarretGardoshRenaxqqOYCJefechutaRiptide 48 votes
Kate Bishop
50%
BashlordVaniteliaHeinz11RaganatorSecondSkriller7abo2aFeeney234BigTuna_2054NescioThatGuyYouSaw235MasterduxGghyde4321__KerneasDRTOLiquidkoldRockyshockyColinwhitworth69NeoDazarasRockypantherxLaksh1995 95 votes
Photon
14%
KeltanubiquitousWindGarloHerbal_TaxmanIamnike10or_StrongJustcause102Sagacious0wlPowerofpain1001ItsClobberinTimeDeadpoolmercs88TerminatrixBeastDadhoundogακιDeepworldAntzRodzMrMojo_Riznwillrun4adonutWonderfulloser1948Zoolander29 28 votes
Kushala
6%
SIlverProfessordfmoore26anggafkThe_Doctor_24_1Musha27MiniMFJoSpidey_10hyp3r05SamanunJMC2007JRQueenMcocSlayerOfGodsChildish_Almino 13 votes
Serpent
3%
Rayven5220SchnoodleBaron427Potatoslice500ArmageddønVictor_Timely1 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,889 ★★★★★
    Hes designed way more than those already
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 159
    Kate Bishop
    Love them all but Kate it's just soo good
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 174 ★★
    Photon
    If “best” equates to breadth and depth of impact, gotta be Photon. Premier defender and attacker.
  • Options
    Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Posts: 206
    Absorbing Man
    Well, design wise it's kushala, but i think abs man is better than kate
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,188 ★★★★★
    Absorbing Man
    I just love Abs Man's versatility as an attacker, and he can be a pain on defence at times (see Winter of Woe lol)
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,871 ★★★★★
    Kate Bishop
    Kate is the perfect champ design imo. Not broken, but seriously busted and rewards skilled gameplay. She is literally a "Busted yet balanced champ" lol.
  • Options
    Photon
    Bugmat78 said:

I just love Abs Man's versatility as an attacker, and he can be a pain on defence at times (see Winter of Woe lol)

I’m hoping SoS Onslaught won’t be worse than him
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,210 ★★★★★
    Kate Bishop
    Or Kushala. Use both of them all the time it seems.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,492 ★★★★★
    Photon
    Kate is the better attacker though...
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 189 ★★

Kate is the perfect champ design imo. Not broken, but seriously busted and rewards skilled gameplay. She is literally a "Busted yet balanced champ" lol.

She quite literally the opposite of everything you just said…

I wouldn’t say that she requires “skill” to play. The only thing is perfect release and that not difficult for most competent summoners. Since I see her everywhere.

Most of the work gets done for you, the cold snap damage is insane. Just heavy them into the corner and do nothing. Yes such a balance champ. It’s why we won’t see her as a 7* for a long long time, despite her being in the 7* poll all those months ago.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 907 ★★★
    Absorbing Man

Skilled gameplay? Lol
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 529 ★★★
    Absorbing Man
    Kate or Abs Man are great designs. Kate has taken a very simple mechanic from hawkeye and improved on it really really well without making it broken. Takes a lot of knowledge of the game to be able to get it so right.

Abs man however, is so important in filling a niche. Technically, not as difficult as Kate to design because his comic inspiration was easier to design but they really did well with finding and filling the niche here.

I dont agree with Photon..yes she is an insane champ but i just feel that any champ that disables a mastery should get an automatic negative mark on such polls. It is lazy designing and she really is overloaded with debuffs. Too overpowered in my opinion.

Its more difficult getting a balanced champ then creating an overpowered one. I like Kushala too but just got her as a 6* and using her in alliance events to understand her better. Too early for me to comment. Therefore both Kate and Abs man get my vote.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,723 ★★★★★
    Photon
    Ansh_A said:

Kate or Abs Man are great designs. Kate has taken a very simple mechanic from hawkeye and improved on it really really well without making it broken. Takes a lot of knowledge of the game to be able to get it so right.

Abs man however, is so important in filling a niche. Technically, not as difficult as Kate to design because his comic inspiration was easier to design but they really did well with finding and filling the niche here.

I dont agree with Photon..yes she is an insane champ but i just feel that any champ that disables a mastery should get an automatic negative mark on such polls. It is lazy designing and she really is overloaded with debuffs. Too overpowered in my opinion.

Its more difficult getting a balanced champ then creating an overpowered one. I like Kushala too but just got her as a 6* and using her in alliance events to understand her better. Too early for me to comment. Therefore both Kate and Abs man get my vote.

You realize if she didn't disable willpower she would be a trash defender and you'd be finishing fights at 100% without counters right? In other words, she would be a garbage defender, you want garbage defenders in the game?
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 938 ★★★★
    edited May 17
    Absorbing Man
    Kate might be the strongest, but Absman is my favourite, plus he's got more immunities, a dual threat (in certain scenarios) and high physical and energy resistance. Not to mention he also counters, unstoppable, unblockable, indestructible and immortality
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,056 ★★★★
    Kate Bishop

If “best” equates to breadth and depth of impact, gotta be Photon. Premier defender and attacker.

Photon has had significantly less impact than Kate.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,871 ★★★★★
    Kate Bishop

Ansh_A said:

You realize if she didn't disable willpower she would be a trash defender and you'd be finishing fights at 100% without counters right? In other words, she would be a garbage defender, you want garbage defenders in the game?
    No there reason willpower was disabled, If the defender photon runs on max despair along with her short petrifies, can easily revert your willpower regen in defense, and you just have to take more damage. If she enabled willpower, we would have had more complaints bout her lol.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,847 ★★★★
    Serpent
    They're all great, but this guy is my favourite.
    💪
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,469 ★★★★★
    Kate Bishop
    Kate for Pure Offense

Abs Man for Dual Threat
  • Options
    Photon

They're all great, but this guy is my favourite.
    💪

He's also currently my favorite but I think the best overall here is Kate.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,723 ★★★★★
    Photon

Ansh_A said:

No there reason willpower was disabled, If the defender photon runs on max despair along with her short petrifies, can easily revert your willpower regen in defense, and you just have to take more damage. If she enabled willpower, we would have had more complaints bout her lol.
    That's just another reason, what I said still stands, not everyone runs despair.
    That would definitely be worse though yeah didn't think about that lmao I'll definitely use that as an argument as well next time someone complains about Photon shutting down willpower.
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 136 ★★
    Photon
    if u not running despair then lmao
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,164 ★★★★★
    Kate Bishop
    Skyfaw said:

She quite literally the opposite of everything you just said…

I wouldn’t say that she requires “skill” to play. The only thing is perfect release and that not difficult for most competent summoners. Since I see her everywhere.

Most of the work gets done for you, the cold snap damage is insane. Just heavy them into the corner and do nothing. Yes such a balance champ. It’s why we won’t see her as a 7* for a long long time, despite her being in the 7* poll all those months ago.
    She doesn’t have immunities and can’t take on a lot of the new meta defenders. She’s good for Photon (not the best), not great for Onslaught, not great for bullseye, and bad for serpent. She’s insanely good but it’s not like she’s Herc or Kitty where adding her would break balance
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,526 ★★★★
    edited May 17
    Photon
    PHOTON.
    PHOTON.
    PHOTON.

Was one of the most dangerous and annoying defenders ever when she was released. Her design (going Untouchable when parried, unblockable AND undexable specials in PLF) was unprecedented, and forced many players to change their playstyle, and call for nerfs and rebalancing. If you didn't have the perfect counter for her, you were screwed. She worked as intended and has gotten more bans than any champ I've ever seen, and still gets them. Her utility still makes her a dual threat, and she is one hell of a counter to Mystics, and to falter/miss/untouchable/invisible, power gain, regen, champs who use non-contact attacks, etc..etc...etc.
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 174 ★★
    Photon

Photon has had significantly less impact than Kate.
    Good try, but wrong.
  • Options
    Photon

Close one with Kate Bishop but Photon is one of the most insane two way champs we have ever seen in the game so for that reason alone, Photon.

Agreed 💯
  • Options
    edited May 18
    Photon
    Bugmat78 said:

He was only a pain in WOW because of all of the ridiculous extra node buffs. Other than that, he's cake.

And I've used other champs against him too. They beat him easily.
  • Options
    Photon
    EdisonLaw said:

So Kabam DLL is the designer of Photon, Kate Bishop, Absorbing Man, Kushala and Serpent. We’ll probably see more champs designs by him but for now who is the overall best in your opinion (in both offense and defense)?

Mine is probably Photon or Kushala, but all of them are so good

And let's not forget that Photon was/is so dangerous, that Kabam made a "Ban" emote of her 😂

She's still intimidating to many players.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 805 ★★★
    Absorbing Man
    i like abs man the most. The changing form which alternate his whole resistance, immunity makes him a versatile champ. on top of it he has a lot of damage as well. Other 3 is fun to play as well (f u serpent, nonsense defender creature)