**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Why no Father’s Day event?

WillyWWillyW Posts: 36
edited June 17 in General Discussion
If you can do a pride event why not do a Father’s Day event? If you wanna include everybody include everybody.
Post edited by Kabam Crashed on

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    Huh?
  • Options
    kus234kus234 Posts: 223 ★★
    How about Monday Day.. Sunday Day.. And so on..1 free 7 every DAY...
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 629 ★★★
    Fathers day is first Sunday of September
  • Options
    WillyWWillyW Posts: 36

As was pointed out when the same question was asked about Mother's Day last month..

(ok, not the SAME question, I think then just asked about Mother's Day itself, and didn’t tie it in with showing that they don’t like the phenomenon of sunlight reflecting off of the back of water droplets in the atmosphere at different angles for different frequencies of light that makes up the sun's rays. And btw, if anyone is curious about double, triple, or even more, reflections of the rays within the water droplets before exiting back out, resulting in further angular displacements for each successive reflection, it is an interesting read)

Mother's + Father's Days in the U.S. are not necessarily the same day as elsewhere around the world (it is probably different all over the place).

Might read about that but I wasn’t on forum when Mother’s Day happened so I didn’t see that post. In Canada Father’s Day is still today though.
  • Options
    Sirius0130Sirius0130 Posts: 112

WillyW said:

Instant trigger on a google warrior. Kinda like fishing a stocked pond. Sure I can catch a fish but the satisfaction just isn't there

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★
    WillyW said:

DNA3000 said:

WillyW said:

They can’t run events for every holiday. And not everyone is a Father, either…

But why should they pick and choose what holidays are more important than others? All holidays should be equally important
    Where were you when they didn't do anything for mother's day? Grandparents day? Boxing day? You aren't complaining about Juneteenth? Today is also national fudge day. Why aren't you complaining about that?

Oh you just wanted to complain about pride. Careful, your homophobia was almost showing.
    You almost had a good point till your last line then you lost credibility. Just because you think someone is complaining about "pride" does not mean they fear it. Homophobia = fear of ..... ( out of mild respect I'll not use the descriptive) There is a distinct difference between disagreeing, not believing, thinking it is morally wrong, and down right being abusive against... can not lump it all under a single definition to suit a narrative.
    This is a semantic quibble, and not even a proper one. The term "homophobia" was originally coined in the 1960s, and while it was originally used in a clinical setting it was quickly adopted both in and out of the LGBTQ+ community to refer to people who have either an fear of, or aversion to, homosexuals, or more generally to people with an anti-LGBTQ+ bias.

The idea that the word must mean what its component base fragments means has no basis in reality. Words mean what their common usage implies. The Oxford English Dictionary describes the meaning of the word homophobe to be "a person who is hostile towards, prejudiced against, or (less commonly) fearful of homosexual people or homosexuality."

(emphasis mine)
    My main point was just that why does kabam pick and chose what holidays are more important and it was just that today was Father’s Day when I posted this so I said something. Like June is also men’s mental awareness month but that gets overshadowed by pride month.
    Overshadowed by Pride Month? Come on. You know this isn't true at all. We get it, you think Pride Month is taking away from everything else. Go back to Reddit.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,375 ★★★★★
    WillyW said:

Huh?

I’m just saying if they can do a pride event why not do something similar for Father’s Day. Just like a few free crystals by using champs that are dads
    There are a number of responses to that question, but the simple response is it's something near and dear to their hearts. There are a number of staff members who are a part of that community.
    It's also worth pointing out that Pride is about much more than a holiday. It's about showing support and solidarity so that a marginalized and abused part of society can heal and know the world can be safe for them. I'm not aware of people being rejected on that level for being fathers.
    There are a plethora of calendar acknowledgments and days/weeks/months. It would be impossible to celebrate them all with Events in the game.
    If this is a genuine question, fair enough. You may find some of the reactions are because it sounds vaguely like asking why there isn't a "Straight Pride". I cannot say for certain if that was your point, so I'll not assume. While we're on the subject, there's no Straight Pride for the same reason there are no wheelchairs for people that can walk.
This discussion has been closed.