**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

If the titan pool is going to be so meh, we need more opportunities to open them

Comments

• Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,063 ★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

The Titan pool additions are kinda baffling to me because there are plenty of champs that would be perfect 7* for the pool that they haven’t added yet

Why not Medusa instead of Nova? No hood yet, no Cassie (instead of thing), no hit monkey, etc. I think there’s a good balance that the crystal can have that they just refuse to add champs like this instead of thing and nova.

Doesn't cassie need her sig? High sig even? I don't have the 6*, so I'm guessing purely based on her sig description...
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,984 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

The Titan pool additions are kinda baffling to me because there are plenty of champs that would be perfect 7* for the pool that they haven’t added yet

Why not Medusa instead of Nova? No hood yet, no Cassie (instead of thing), no hit monkey, etc. I think there’s a good balance that the crystal can have that they just refuse to add champs like this instead of thing and nova.

Doesn't cassie need her sig? High sig even? I don't have the 6*, so I'm guessing purely based on her sig description...
    The 6* does but a 7* probably wouldn't need it. If you give her special damage stat, the sp2 will probably be overkill for most BGs healthpools.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,841 ★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Not required but nice to have
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,841 ★★★★
    edited June 19
    @ItsClobberinTime @Polygon
    Symbiote Supreme is still super good against anyone with buffs and who can bleed. Nova, needs high sig on attack but can still be good on defense (unless they have a mystic)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,372 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Joker1976 said:

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I counted at least 8 really good options off the top of my head in that Crystal.

Respectfully the OP has 47 yea’s to 13 nay’s,.,i can see where he’s coming from.
    He’s not questioning the great champs you can get,..but rather the value of the crystal itself if you have irrelevant or unrealistic champs in it.
    Spinning a Titan crystal shouldn’t be considered a “bonus”,..and it also shouldn’t be a “total loss”.
    Blade,..Thing,..or Nova,..from a Titan,.,is a total waste and loss imo.
    But on the bright side there is an easy solution,…just don’t put garbage in the Titan crystal.
    See how easy that was?
    They stated themselves that the numbers are how they made the Crystal more advantageous, not a Crystal full of OP Champs. We're a decade into this game, and it still puzzles me how people are in denial about the fact that most everything is based on RNG when it comes to Champ acquisition. In that amount of time, I've seen people be hyper critical of Champs all the while, simply because they're comparing all Champs to the ones they think are the best. The reality is, there are a scarce few in comparison that have very little use. Now, this may be exacerbated by the fact that there are a number of very powerful Champs out lately, but the value of the other Champs, in my opinion, has been somewhat understated.
    The point is that the recent pools of the Titan Crystals have substantially declined in value compared to some of the earlier ones.

I got a Bullseye dupe in my last one which has very little value , especially since it's low sig
    That's entirely relative, depending on who's in the Crystal. There is an increased chance at newer 7*s. No one said they'd all be game-changing.

Joker1976 said:

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I counted at least 8 really good options off the top of my head in that Crystal.

Respectfully the OP has 47 yea’s to 13 nay’s,.,i can see where he’s coming from.
    He’s not questioning the great champs you can get,..but rather the value of the crystal itself if you have irrelevant or unrealistic champs in it.
    Spinning a Titan crystal shouldn’t be considered a “bonus”,..and it also shouldn’t be a “total loss”.
    But on the bright side there is an easy solution,…just don’t put garbage in the Titan crystal.
    See how easy that was?
    They stated themselves that the numbers are how they made the Crystal more advantageous, not a Crystal full of OP Champs. We're a decade into this game, and it still puzzles me how people are in denial about the fact that most everything is based on RNG when it comes to Champ acquisition. In that amount of time, I've seen people be hyper critical of Champs all the while, simply because they're comparing all Champs to the ones they think are the best. The reality is, there are a scarce few in comparison that have very little use. Now, this may be exacerbated by the fact that there are a number of very powerful Champs out lately, but the value of the other Champs, in my opinion, has been somewhat understated.
    Why are you talking about crystal RNG when the complaint is about the champs in the pool being meh? Nobody's in denial about the RNG aspect of crystals it's the fact that none of the champs (other than Serpent) that were added to the last pool and this one are meta relevant.
    You've answered your own argument.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 881 ★★★
    You'll get them in a week or so for the low low price of all your money 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    edited June 19

Polygon said:

Joker1976 said:

See how easy that was?
    The point is that the recent pools of the Titan Crystals have substantially declined in value compared to some of the earlier ones.

I got a Bullseye dupe in my last one which has very little value , especially since it's low sig
    That's entirely relative, depending on who's in the Crystal. There is an increased chance at newer 7*s. No one said they'd all be game-changing.

Joker1976 said:

See how easy that was?
    Why are you talking about crystal RNG when the complaint is about the champs in the pool being meh? Nobody's in denial about the RNG aspect of crystals it's the fact that none of the champs (other than Serpent) that were added to the last pool and this one are meta relevant.
    You've answered your own argument.
    I fail to see how RNG is related to the champs Kabam adds to the pool. They have full control over which champs get added.
    You said meta relevant. That's subjective. You're absolutely right. They have full control over the Champs that get added. I don't see how the Titan Crystal was intended to have every pull be the most relevant. I pointed out RNG because that's the purpose of RNG. There are some that are "top prizes" (in terms of what people want the most), some that are middle-of-the-road, and some people don't want at all. That's not a failure. That's good RNG planning.
    They're not all going to be Onslaught calibre.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,130 ★★★★
    This is the first L I have seen DNA3000 take. What a day to be on the forums
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,817 ★★★★
    So, TLDR of all this, Kabam, is either to keep the Titan as it is but make it easier to obtain, or make the rewards more worth the effort. Add more champs that are either good, or don't require high sig to be useful into the 7* pool.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,063 ★★★★
    "Oh but titan crystal is only meant to be a way to try to get the latest champs as 7*s."

Well, with how these 50+ day rotations work, it's not exactly foolproof. Like how we got arcade and northstar this month, but they didn't make the cutoff for this recent titan update. It'll take almost 2 months for them to get into the titan, and almost a month for the champs coming in july. Even then, you're barely getting more than 1 try at this.

So won't it just be better to wait for the 6* featured instead? Which will take a month or so longer to arrive, yet almost guarantees the champ (through the sheer volume of 6* featureds we valiants/ paragons open).

Then r5ing and ascending them would be just as good, if not better than r2ing the 7* (considering awakening/ high sig and 7* r3s still being rare).
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Joker1976 said:

See how easy that was?
    The value of the champs is a matter of opinion, but both the thread title and the discussion has revolved around a presumption that because the crystal is hard to get, the pulls people get from it should always be as valuable as they want.

That’s specifically contrary to the design intent of the crystal. Titans were explicitly intended to *break* that notion. If you think that, the Titan is supposed to convince you otherwise. The original intent of the featured crystals was to be a crystal where some players got some of the things that they were targeting in the crystal, but the players twice broke the crystal by simply trading basic pulls for featured pulls, practically guaranteeing that they would pull at least some of, if not all of their targets.

The Titan crystal simultaneously is supposed to be hard to get and have a sufficiently diverse pool that players would not just get whatever they want. The idea that it should either be easy to get or have every champ be what the player wants implies the player should always have full control over at least some aspect of their drops. The game does not allow for that level of player agency in champion pulls.

In other words, the devs *intend* for players to think the crystal is either too rare or insufficiently curated. Players want a lot of things, but the devs explicitly avoid giving all of those things. This is one of those things the devs want players to have, but they will not give. Ironically, this thread is positive feedback.

Yeah I know. Economic design reality is very unpopular. Flag away.
    For BGs it isn't a matter of opinion, the kits are what they are, they're either good mid or bad.

I didn't say we need op champs only, neither did I say that because of the value of the crystal only good champs should be in there or else they should be easy to acquire these are all assumptions that you just pulled out of nowhere basically. However, currently most of the stuff in there is mid garbage (at least for BGs purposes, can guarantee you most Celestial players will agree) and personally I think there should be a little bit more balance when it comes to older champs.
    So you want a Crystal designed for what you personally need? That's interesting.