8* when do you think they will come out, we are approaching 10 year anniversary for mcoc

2Β»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    obsidiman said:

obsidiman said:

Gogi said:

obsidiman said:

With 8* approaching do you think we will eventually get to 10* πŸ˜…

This particular line has me curious...
    What insider knowledge do you have or what can you reference us to that shows/says 8* ARE approaching?
    8* might be closer then we think.
    I remember Kam saying 7* were supposed to be released around 2019 but because of covid they paused(?) introduction of 7* with that info they must have had 8* planned around 2021/22. When they finally got released it went fast with acquiring/ranking them up, sure they slowed down a bit as they said but I think the reason was because they had Necropolis in mind. My guess is they have "caught up" with what was planned, so 8* might be around the corner maybe within 12-18 months?
    Pushing 7* longer then two years will be same as they did with 6*, players got bored and had nothing to do.
    Do you have tangible evidence to back these assertions up or is this just your own hypothesis and conjecture?

Key word in your first sentence is "might".

Also question on the last sentence. You're saying that players had no content to do because 7* weren't released? Please explain to me how releasing a higher rarity of champ correlates to content in the game.

All I’m saying is that we will eventually get there
    Please cite your sources. The use of the word "will" by itself is pretty absolute.

For consideration...
    "All I'm saying is that we WILL eventually get there" vs "All I'm saying is that I THINK we will eventually get there". The first statement leads more toward fact with some insider knowledge. The second statement is an opinion, quite possibly a hope or a wish.
    It is actually kind of amusing to me that this is a thing people still discuss after all these years. Like they think the developers are sitting in a room saying we made one star rarity, then two, then three, then four, then five, then six, then seven. Let's discuss what comes next. Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone? How about banana? Yeah, maybe banana comes after seven. And while we are at it, we're going to need new ranks for banana. Rank one, rank potato, rank mauve, rank asparagus, rank slingshot, rank informal, and finally rank scroll-lock.

Or maybe even that is too linear. After all, just like with Book 2, people just decided to call it Act 7. People will just call banana star "eight star" and we've accomplished nothing. Instead, we can project rarity and ranks into the complex plane. After 7* champs, we have (3-5i) star champs. And we rank them exponentially, from (3-5i) ^ (2+i) to (3-7i) ^ (4+2i).

Now that DS is back, I'm sure he could update the calculators in Auntm.ai to deal with imaginary prestige.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Member Posts: 1,202 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Crazy to think I been playing since 2014. Growing old with this game is insane.

Do you think the game will survive another 3,5 or even 10 years down the line?

What more can be done for this game? We reach peak pvp with battlegrounds.

We seen so many marvel and mobile games fail and don’t last this long,Do you think the state of the game is built for how many more years?

Too soon my dude
  • Warren_painWarren_pain Member Posts: 31 β˜…
    Wow I remember December 2014 wow it's been a minute.......hey all of us that have been here since day one should get SOMETHING
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 463 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    We just got 7*, and people already want 8*?
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,615 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

We haven't even started working on them yet, so if they are coming, we're still a ways out yet.

In all seriousness though, as I said in another thread, I would bet a fair bit of money this game will see its 20th Anniversary. We are reinvesting heavily into the game right now, players will start to see some of the exciting things we have been working on in the second half of this year, including something that might be the biggest game changer since the game was launched.

A new game engine?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,939 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Bendy said:

We haven't even started working on them yet, so if they are coming, we're still a ways out yet.

In all seriousness though, as I said in another thread, I would bet a fair bit of money this game will see its 20th Anniversary. We are reinvesting heavily into the game right now, players will start to see some of the exciting things we have been working on in the second half of this year, including something that might be the biggest game changer since the game was launched.

Can we get a hint about this game changer?
    Skipping 8* and going straight to 9*
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Bendy said:

Can we get a hint about this game changer?
    Skipping 8* and going straight to 9*
    Ill take it
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,346 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I don't doubt that tiered ascensions will exist before 8*s.
    Only being able to ascend once seems a mechanic waste.
    Plus, there is a 1 on the ascended icon, just begging for more numbers.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Member Posts: 1,584 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Feeney234 said:

We seen so many marvel and mobile games fail and don’t last this long,Do you think the state of the game is built for how many more years?

Too soon my dude
    What’s to soon? The game is is reaching 10 years old, with the same mechanics, if anything they did hint something game changing. If you continued to read.

That’s why I’m saying will we still be playing the same game 15,20 in mcoc anniversary.

Looks like the game has plans to live that long.

You remember marvel future revolution, that game only lasted for 2 years.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,314 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Feeney234 said:

Too soon my dude
    What’s to soon? The game is is reaching 10 years old, with the same mechanics, if anything they did hint something game changing. If you continued to read.

That’s why I’m saying will we still be playing the same game 15,20 in mcoc anniversary.

Looks like the game has plans to live that long.

You remember marvel future revolution, that game only lasted for 2 years.
    The game have to live right? That's why one mustn't think about 8*s atleast 2029. Releasing them early do more harm than gut