Our first look at Enchantress

Comments

• HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 230 ★★

Definitely looks like a solid Serpent counter but I'm not impressed with the damage, if you ramp fully in a long fight it looks good but on that same rank Galan fight it did not look good. One sp2 barely got him down to 50%, I'm already a little concerned to be honest lol.
    Edit: they just said she's meant for long form content and primarily a defender @Emilia90 I told you it was too good to be true.

Kabam trying to make meta relavent champion (impossible). BTW why are they obsessed with making Everest champs. She looks cool though, lets see how she fares in war and bgs.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★

Definitely looks like a solid Serpent counter but I'm not impressed with the damage, if you ramp fully in a long fight it looks good but on that same rank Galan fight it did not look good. One sp2 barely got him down to 50%, I'm already a little concerned to be honest lol.
    Edit: they just said she's meant for long form content and primarily a defender @Emilia90 I told you it was too good to be true.

Kabam trying to make meta relavent champion (impossible). BTW why are they obsessed with making Everest champs. She looks cool though, lets see how she fares in war and bgs.
    Because Necro dropped last November and they want more new options for Necro to help players. I wouldn’t say obsessed because we’ve only had a few Necro options this year which I can respect since there are many players who haven’t done Necro fully yet
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,763 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Here’s the rotation video for those who didn’t see it

https://youtu.be/Kqe-orkT8_M?si=FyFRwivCNNbziA90

My opinion, she looks complicated with all the spells

That damage in short fights really doesn't look good. Sp1 sp2 with class advantage and that same rank Galan still wasn't dead, I'm seriously not excited about Enchantress, I get everyone is down bad for the visuals lol but she really looks like another Negasonic in terms of damage for short fights.
    They did she she’s gonna have atrophy (Maestro counter) + neutralize, so she’s basically gonna shut down most meta cosmic threats
    She will but at what cost? Turtle speed like Negasonic seems to be the cost, personally I've zero interest in that.
    Not every champ ur gonna play anyway its like people can bash beta if they want to because his rotation but no one cares but saying he looks awesome she has stuff that makes her interesting so what honestly this negative needs to stop as not every champ has to be quick when they have to think of counters of fights they clearly intended her to be defender long form content while countering maestro and serpent with her spells as she heals the energy hits and with neutralise she negates any buffs so stops his power gain and true focus
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,763 ★★★★★
    Like seriously lets just go back to what we enjoy which is they look awesome animations are awesome the feel is great art team design doesnt mss why does everything get judged by damage
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

Probably won't fare too well in BGs based on the rotation on that Galan, she looks a bit slow like Negasonic, and again their own words not mine: "Enchantress is primarily meant for long form content and defense". Nowhere in there did they mention anything offense related for short fights so I'm just gonna call it another dud for now. If I'm wrong when she comes out then good, I want to be wrong but I've already lost all hope after the Ironheart fiasco.
    I agree though, what's up with all the long form content champs, nobody is asking for those.
    Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Here’s the rotation video for those who didn’t see it

https://youtu.be/Kqe-orkT8_M?si=FyFRwivCNNbziA90

My opinion, she looks complicated with all the spells

That damage in short fights really doesn't look good. Sp1 sp2 with class advantage and that same rank Galan still wasn't dead, I'm seriously not excited about Enchantress, I get everyone is down bad for the visuals lol but she really looks like another Negasonic in terms of damage for short fights.
    They did she she’s gonna have atrophy (Maestro counter) + neutralize, so she’s basically gonna shut down most meta cosmic threats
    She will but at what cost? Turtle speed like Negasonic seems to be the cost, personally I've zero interest in that.
    Not every champ ur gonna play anyway its like people can bash beta if they want to because his rotation but no one cares but saying he looks awesome she has stuff that makes her interesting so what honestly this negative needs to stop as not every champ has to be quick when they have to think of counters of fights they clearly intended her to be defender long form content while countering maestro and serpent with her spells as she heals the energy hits and with neutralise she negates any buffs so stops his power gain and true focus
    You're not gonna tell me what I can or can't say in a forum lol I think she's a dud and if you disagree you're free to do so but I'm free to say what I think as much as I want cause that's what the forums are for.

As for the "not every champ has to be quick" yes I agree but that has been the case for nearly a year now. It's about time we got someone who's quick yet we keep getting champs that are all utility mid damage. Tell me when was the last time we got a champ that's quick on attack? Lmao
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,082 ★★★★★

Probably won't fare too well in BGs based on the rotation on that Galan, she looks a bit slow like Negasonic, and again their own words not mine: "Enchantress is primarily meant for long form content and defense". Nowhere in there did they mention anything offense related for short fights so I'm just gonna call it another dud for now. If I'm wrong when she comes out then good, I want to be wrong but I've already lost all hope after the Ironheart fiasco.
    I agree though, what's up with all the long form content champs, nobody is asking for those.
    Well if she’s gonna be a tough defender, she might have value still
    Bendy said:

Like seriously lets just go back to what we enjoy which is they look awesome animations are awesome the feel is great art team design doesnt mss why does everything get judged by damage

Because nearly every single BGs attacker this year has been mid and while some people like you only care about visuals, some of us actually care about the kits and the damage, and want to use them but we can't because they're not good enough to compete in BGs. It's really not that deep, you're just mad that I'm calling Enchantress mid based on the rotations and what Dave said himself on the stream lol
    EdisonLaw said:

Well if she’s gonna be a tough defender, she might have value still
    That could potentially be the only saving grace so we'll see.
    Emilia90 said:

Because Necro dropped last November and they want more new options for Necro to help players. I wouldn’t say obsessed because we’ve only had a few Necro options this year which I can respect since there are many players who haven’t done Necro fully yet
    Can't we have it both ways, make an everest champ who is also good for short and medium fights like Kate. Or is it only resevered for DLL champs.

Emilia90 said:

Can't we have it both ways, make an everest champ who is also good for short and medium fights like Kate. Or is it only resevered for DLL champs.
    Beta Ray Bill looks like exactly that. Good for both
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

This I definitely agree with, BRB looks VERY promising and apparently I'm the king of negativity around here so if I'm saying he looks promising it's because he does 💀

Well for several reasons
    1. Many players haven't done Necro or if they have, they haven't explored Necro yet, so they are providing more options besides the usual.
    2. There's new Everest content such as the upcoming Crucible and Summer of whatever that may require these long form content champions
    Really like the new Reunion crucible. Allows for more versatility.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

This I definitely agree with, BRB looks VERY promising and apparently I'm the king of negativity around here so if I'm saying he looks promising it's because he does 💀
    Yea I thought he looked great as well. I think the kicker will be what's locked in his sig though. Could be something that's nice to have but not needed, or could be something crucial. I'm hoping if it's something tied to his burst damage potential that it can potentially be offset if he's at r3 or something. Would soften the blow until you could initially awaken him from the Titan when the time comes.

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Plus we finally have a glancing counter. Glancing is probably one of the top 3 worst mechanics in the game so I'm glad we can counter it
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    Her damage is terrible
    KABAM PLEASE STOP DESIGNING CHAMPS with 7* r3 as the standard
    What did I just see??
    JAYIRI said:

Her damage is terrible
    What did I just see??

She's obviously meant to be a defender + long form content champ.
    EdisonLaw said:

JAYIRI said:

Her damage is terrible
    What did I just see??

Leader might be very good against her reversing power gain
    edited August 2

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Don't want to be negative but, for a 7* r3 he's on the same level as someone like prowler. Decent-Good for an attacker. But that's just based on first impressions we're somewhat glad he's decent because everyone else this year has been terrible
    We'll see how his damage hangs as a 6* r5 or even any other rank. Cos that's where kabam seems to be going with these champs "bearable at r3 and terrible at any rank below" damage wise at the very least. And it's pissing me off. 7* r3 are now the standard for all of these new champs and I fear it will only continue. I don't want to have to r5 a champ to get the same damage I was getting from a 6* r3 2 years ago.
    This is not specifically directed to BRB but to kabam themselves and their champion design goals. This is just atrocious
    EdisonLaw said:

JAYIRI said:

Her damage is terrible
    What did I just see??

Okay but when will we get a good attacker?
    Dazzler is probably the only reason keeping me in the game because she's not confirmed but hearing and hoping she's coming this year gives me vitality. And since I saw negasonic I just know she will be terrible as well offensively. That will most likely be my final straw
    Was going to spend to get NTW till I saw those depressing red numbers
    JAYIRI said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Don't want to be negative but, for a 7* r3 he's on the same level as someone like prowler. Decent-Good for an attacker. But that's just based on first impressions we're somewhat glad he's decent because everyone else this year has been terrible
    We'll see how his damage hangs as a 6* r5 or even any other rank. Cos that's where kabam seems to be going with these champs "bearable at r3 and terrible at any rank below" damage wise at the very least. And it's pissing me off. 7* r3 are now the standard for all of these new champs and I fear it will only continue. I don't want to have to r5 a champ to get the same damage I was getting from a 6* r3 2 years ago.
    This is not specifically directed to BRB but to kabam themselves and their champion design goals. This is just atrocious
    Nah he looks way better than prowler and he has a ton of utility. 7* r3 doesn’t mean much here, he still has insane burst and fury potential. I’m sure a 6* A will slap. I have a lot of faith in him, and his utility also looks very relevant as opposed to a few other champs. But yeah we’ll wait for the release. I’m not jumping the gun on Enchantress either but I know a few people are more cynical on her for bgs

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Yea I thought he looked great as well. I think the kicker will be what's locked in his sig though. Could be something that's nice to have but not needed, or could be something crucial. I'm hoping if it's something tied to his burst damage potential that it can potentially be offset if he's at r3 or something. Would soften the blow until you could initially awaken him from the Titan when the time comes.
    I think they learned that lesson after Morbius was released (or at least I hope they did) so perhaps not, fingers crossed.
    Also that’s a good point on r3. I do think they may try to backtrack and make r3 the new standard but the issue is that some champs are already so broken as 6* that it doesn’t really work. Like CGR and Juggs at r5 can put up 7* r3 level numbers pretty easily but that’s more so than being very very broken (they do have counters but they also steamroll a lot). I can see why cause of power creep but they also kinda did themselves dirty by making champs that strong in the first place

My guess is that once r3’s and r4’s and commonplace, the 6* meta champs will be phased out more and more and they won’t be coming for a while. Hulkling and CGR and stuff will start to slow down too when that happens
    JAYIRI said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Nah that was better than Prowler. If you look at the rotation that Red Skull (which was essentially like a r3 Red Skull in BGs so same rank) was already down to 50% before BRB even threw a single special, and after the sp1 the burst damage was nearly 100k, that's on the same level as r5 ascended Red Guardian sp2. Anything even remotely close to a fully maxed Red Guardian in terms of damage is imo a massive W and definitely way better damage than Prowler.
    I can easily see BRB punching a rank above based on the damage on the clip alone.
    JAYIRI said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

He looks better than Prowler but we will see
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 437 ★★★
    She reminds me of a cross between Wong and Claire. Wong takes some time to ramp but, once you have your spells up, fights are pretty much locked up. Claire has the utility. Depending on the matchup, you can focus on defense/offense/utility. Neat concept to combine the two.
    Vanitelia said:

She reminds me of a cross between Wong and Claire. Wong takes some time to ramp but, once you have your spells up, fights are pretty much locked up. Claire has the utility. Depending on the matchup, you can focus on defense/offense/utility. Neat concept to combine the two.

Wiccan also
    edited August 2
    @ItsClobberinTime I went back and watched the deep dive segment and it does seem like she gains a lot of power through steal. They said a lot of about her having increased power generation so she might not be as slow as we think but once again, they did say she’s more long form content oriented. Even without MD she was gaining a ton of power back so she could be a WT type of champ where you can spam specials
    Emilia90 said:

@ItsClobberinTime I went back and watched the deep dive segment and it does seem like she gains a lot of power through steal. They said a lot of about her having increased power generation so she might not be as slow as we think but once again, they did say she’s more long form content oriented. Even without MD she was gaining a ton of power back so she could be a WT type of champ where you can spam specials

That would help with her ramp as she spams SP1 to build her spells then SP2 nuke.