IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DR. STRANGE!!!

13»

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    @Wicket329 it’s a full rework, new animations and everything as confirmed by DLL!
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

@Wicket329 it’s a full rework, new animations and everything as confirmed by DLL!

So he’s getting the OG Ironman treatment then. Let’s gooo

Can we ban this dude again Kabam?

Yeah not sure how he returned
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,331 ★★★★★
    Mystic already stacked so Cyclops makes more sense
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,818 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Not even a Miike thing, Cyclops has just been THE meme champion for the better part of this game's lifespan. Made sense to give him a chance to get a good kit for the first time ever

Groot also, but he wasn’t on the poll
    To be fair they had to keep Groot out of the poll cause he would wipe the floor with everyone else easily if he was in it, no contest.
    Groot will most likely get buffed eventually regardless just a matter of time, cosmic class is still the best class at the moment so they're probably just waiting for the right time so they can do him justice and actually make him a very strong cosmic.
    Time god he wasn't there in the poll. He would've easily sweeped the poll if he was included.

EdisonLaw said:

Not even a Miike thing, Cyclops has just been THE meme champion for the better part of this game's lifespan. Made sense to give him a chance to get a good kit for the first time ever

To be fair they had to keep Groot out of the poll cause he would wipe the floor with everyone else easily if he was in it, no contest.
    Groot will most likely get buffed eventually regardless just a matter of time, cosmic class is still the best class at the moment so they're probably just waiting for the right time so they can do him justice and actually make him a very strong cosmic.
    Yes before buffed Superior Iron Man, he was considered to be not only the worst cosmic, but also worst champion in the game, period.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Time god he wasn't there in the poll. He would've easily sweeped the poll if he was included.
    100% Groot is the most requested rework in the entire game, he's such a big meme I've seen multiple people r5 dust him just for the laughs, neither Cyclops not Strange have received that treatment for the most part. Also, I know for a fact almost everyone cried when he died on the first Guardian's movie so there's a lot of sentimental value there as well lmao.
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Yes before buffed Superior Iron Man, he was considered to be not only the worst cosmic, but also worst champion in the game, period.
    Even compared to pre-buff SIM, I think he's still the worst in the game by far. He has a bunch of buffs that basically do nothing cause his damage is still terrible, worse than pre-buff SIM, the buffs are literally there just to turn him into MD food nothing else.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,818 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Even compared to pre-buff SIM, I think he's still the worst in the game by far. He has a bunch of buffs that basically do nothing cause his damage is still terrible, worse than pre-buff SIM, the buffs are literally there just to turn him into MD food nothing else.
    You won't believe how many time I got caught up by his unblockable sp2. Yes his buffs make him mystic food but atleast it gave him more utility and bleed immunity is great as well. I'll say SIM sucks more.

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

You won't believe how many time I got caught up by his unblockable sp2. Yes his buffs make him mystic food but atleast it gave him more utility and bleed immunity is great as well. I'll say SIM sucks more.
    Yeah but SIM still had more damage with the armor breaks, nothing crazy but he definitely had more damage, and as a defender at least he was able to stall longer than Groot cause of the fat regen. Not that anyone ever placed both on defense but I'd argue SIM was better just cause of the regen lol Groot sp2 is easy to dex cause he always throws it immediately.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Member Posts: 307 ★★★

I personally wanted Blackbolt, but seeing the options I resigned myself to the fact that was never meant to be.

Oh yeah, from the start I wanted it to be Elektra, but I knew she's was one of the least popular choices so I was resigned to not get it. Hopefully one day.
    Same. But I'm happy to see she was up for consideration. Historically champs in the pool have also turned up at a later time.

It's why I find all the meltdown over who lost kinda funny.
  • AzureAzure Member Posts: 121
    edited August 20
    Now, thinking about the early days of the game,when was DR.Strange was a beast, and then kabam decided to turn him down "A BIT", it was a disastrous nerf. If they are giving us an option like this, and obviously people can be upset if the things did not turn out like they wanted. But the only reasonable thing about this, they are both going to be buffed eventually. And as a fan of both of the characters and a long time player of this game, i would personally want dr strange's buff to be well designed and well thought. Also, almost everyone has both of these characters lying in their roasters.. What we can expect from Kabam is, when the time has come, give dr strange the right kit or design or whatever you call it and redeem the past mistake they've done. What's done is done. Cyclops won. Get over it.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 950 ★★★★

Why would someone vote for cyclops?

Because everyone have their opinions and view points.

I didn't vote as I'm not sign up to another social online platform just because Kabam want me too.

However if I were to vote, I would of voted to Cyclops, X Men 92 was my first introduction to the Marvel Universe, and I like Cyclop.

We are not talking about politics or human right issue, we talking about comic characters. The vote might not go your way, but you still have that right to you opinion about Dr Strange and at the same time also it doesn't make everyone that vote for Cyclops opinion invalid.

Posting with all CAP LOCK isn't helpful for anyone, even yourself.
  • CROSSHAIRSCROSSHAIRS Member Posts: 114
    The real "X-man" is wolverine

The real "X-man" is wolverine

You probably haven’t watched Xmen97 haven’t you
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 432 ★★★
    I voted for DS. Never been a fan of Cyclops but excited to see what they do with him. Most of the MCOC X-Men need attention. Rogue, Beast, OG Wolverine, and Cable all could use reworks or major value updates. Would be nice to have Jean Grey in the game. Gambit, Jubilee, Storm (already been buffed), same with NC, Professor X all have their uses. Hopefully Cyclops is just the first in a long line of needed X-Men love.
  • The_losttierThe_losttier Member Posts: 128 ★★

Because he's been a meme since release and his animations will be peak!!

Dr.Strange is far more powerful character than Cyclops though. He literally deserved the buff. Who the f cares about a boring Cyclops? Dr.Strange is interesting and fun. Cyclops isn't.
    I hope you got that guy 6* R5 with dust my dude
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,012 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

People talking about animation updates, are we sure that will happen? Last time we did this vote it was for Guillotine and her animations didn’t get changed at all.

It's an iron man level rework
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,012 ★★★
    Drake2078 said:

With there being so many multiple version champions, they should make a more powerful version of Doctor Strange....what if version.

That would be a great consolation prize for not winning the rework vote

What if strange is no where near as powerful as comic strange lmao
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,274 Guardian

Drake2078 said:

With there being so many multiple version champions, they should make a more powerful version of Doctor Strange....what if version.

There have been a lot of iterations of Dr. Strange in the comics, but Dr. Strange Supreme from the What If series would be among the strongest of them, if not the most powerful.

If I could design an MCOC character today, I’d probably choose Strange Supreme. All kinds of interesting possibilities there, and Dr. Strange was my favorite Marvel character when I was a young comic book reader.
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 396 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Drake2078 said:

There have been a lot of iterations of Dr. Strange in the comics, but Dr. Strange Supreme from the What If series would be among the strongest of them, if not the most powerful.

If I could design an MCOC character today, I’d probably choose Strange Supreme. All kinds of interesting possibilities there, and Dr. Strange was my favorite Marvel character when I was a young comic book reader.
    @DNA3000, would you be so kind as to present me with the honor of designing Strange Supreme?