We don't hoard because we are hoarders.....

PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,045 ★★★★
edited September 4 in General Discussion
Ya. No chance I have the most crystals to open. Idk about others with 10k+ crystals to open but I'm waiting until the contents are actually relevant in game or there is a way to mass sell the items inside that aren't of value to the gamestate. Hbu? 1000 and done? And the idea is super cool. I love the community contribution events in po go and such. But crystal cleanup? Meh. I'll wait some more hahaha. How lame would it be if they update arena and solo event crystals after this event?

Comments

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    There was a trade in a while back and I’m just accumulating in case we ever get another.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 366 ★★★
    We'll never see a trade-in store again in this game's lifetime that was as good as the first one offered.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★

There was a trade in a while back and I’m just accumulating in case we ever get another.

They stopped doing this, the Caps Comissary was the last if I recall.

The result is that some got hit with the X gene for Hoarding

• DorkyDorky Member Posts: 346
    Polygon said:

Lots of iso bricks lol what to do with all that iso that will be accumulated lol
  • GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 589 ★★★
    edited September 4
    Dorky said:

Polygon said:

Lots of iso bricks lol what to do with all that iso that will be accumulated lol
    Sell it and never be short on gold again.

I don’t think I could stand all the red notifications everywhere. I like a tidy Home Screen 😂
  • PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,045 ★★★★
    Glassback said:

Dorky said:

Polygon said:

I don’t think I could stand all the red notifications everywhere. I like a tidy Home Screen 😂
    Ummm. I'm already at....494,900,000 gold...😅
    I AM curious to see what happens at 999,999,999
  • Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Member Posts: 186 ★★
    Great point on the solo crystal buff right after all these stuff have to be sold or used. I'm kind of doing just gold crystals and the T4CC shards.
    Bigfoot33 said:

Great point on the solo crystal buff right after all these stuff have to be sold or used. I'm kind of doing just gold crystals and the T4CC shards.

I think I have like 8000 of those t4cc shard ones lol and like 3000 something of the quest crystal things
    Glassback said:

Dorky said:

Polygon said:

Right 😆 I'm still trying to use my iso stash first 😆
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,091 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

Ya. No chance I have the most crystals to open. Idk about others with 10k+ crystals to open but I'm waiting until the contents are actually relevant in game or there is a way to mass sell the items inside that aren't of value to the gamestate. Hbu? 1000 and done? And the idea is super cool. I love the community contribution events in po go and such. But crystal cleanup? Meh. I'll wait some more hahaha. How lame would it be if they update arena and solo event crystals after this event?

Pop 1000 gold crystals and call it good. Free dust and no real harm to the stash
  • YodaKajYodaKaj Member Posts: 114
    Hoard... Hoard... Hodor!
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,963 ★★★★
    Bigfoot33 said:

Same, I'm also saving all my valuable crystals. I'm just selling the AQ map crystals and 4* and 5* sig stone crystals
  • Twist1298Twist1298 Member Posts: 182
    I don't hoard crystals much, and I only started saving up the day of the stream and I'm already at close to 500 crystals open, this event is definitely not going to dent anyone's stash tbh. Solid rewards for minimal effort.
  • Adrianz1Adrianz1 Member Posts: 64
    Does the game have 1 million active players that will open 1000 crystals each?
    Adrianz1 said:

Honestly I'm not to sure. Some like me will probably have to help out along the way. I got like 23000 which some I don't want to open tbh. But I know it will probably help clear up the lag issues maybe or that's just something totally different lol
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    Adrianz1 said:

This is what I want to find out... I open my 1k but my other 60k crystals will still be hoarded for a rainy day 👀
    Polygon said:

Oh I'm the apocalypse of that gene and ever other stash hiding gene.
    BigBlueOx said:

Pandingo said:

Pop 1000 gold crystals and call it good. Free dust and no real harm to the stash
    That's exactly what I did. Nothing to bash the event. Love these things. But no chance I feel comfy popping anything other than arena crystals for the cause beyond that.
    Adrianz1 said:

I mean. I'll contribute at the VERY end if we be close. Buuut I'm not gunna risk a year plus of waiting for a sneaky snow plow from Quebec
    Arena crystals, arena and greater arena boost crystals, quest crystals, tier 3 and 4 class catalist fragment crystals, solo/greater/supreme crystals,theres so many useless hoarded crystals, every gold type crystals, we can do this we died and revived through Necropolis that many times, this should be easy
    Adrianz1 said:

Arena crystals, arena and greater arena boost crystals, quest crystals, tier 3 and 4 class catalist fragment crystals, solo/greater/supreme crystals,theres so many useless hoarded crystals, every gold type crystals, we can do this we died and revived through Necropolis that many times, this should be easy

Try telling BG that his universal egg might be opened lol.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,329 ★★★★★
    My conspiracy theory is that Kabam wants to lessen the weight on their servers, so instead of doing a forced reset of all crystals like they did back then, they try and encourage with rewards this time.
    Really should have been better rewards tbh.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,578 ★★★★★
    I honestly don't think we will hit the last milestone...
    Terra said:

My conspiracy theory is that Kabam wants to lessen the weight on their servers, so instead of doing a forced reset of all crystals like they did back then, they try and encourage with rewards this time.

I agree. The rewards should be better. Nerco was nice. But this one is like meh. Add more units and I will be happy lol. It's a win win. They want us hoarders to try to empty our stash, well give us some more options to make us want to clear some. I did manage to save up like 8k something t4cc crystals tho lol
    @Dorky i did not think anyone would remmeber that😂😂😂😂
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,369 ★★★★
    Pandingo said:

SAME!! I missed the trade in for cap store!! I know it's tin foil hat but I just straight up don't trust kabam. I know in like 2 months there will either be an update to arena cryatals/solo crystals/ new relics. It's just the kind of stunt they'd pull.
    see there is the also the problem too.
    they will never update solo crystal whilst people have huge stashes.
    there is no way to give them relevant rewards and make them viable without flooding the game with the resources and devaluing everything inside.
    for them to consider updating to anything useful it would require people having minimal stash.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Open the quest crystals. Think I have around 7-8k of them.
    Terra said:

Tinfoil hat club!!!