What lead to quitting after 9 years

Comments

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Member Posts: 1,580 ★★★★
    edited September 30
    Can’t wait wha they say.

You gave out for personal information lol, buying,selling that account will do that for you.

You can always just buy your account again

Or just start a new one.

You wont be missed that’s for sure, and I been playing since this game came out myself.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,828 ★★★★★

Man, forum people can’t wait for confirmation before letting your nasty personalities out. Nice.

We’ll see what the game team says about this tomorrow. Good luck OP

What confirmation is needed? Read both posts and it's fairly easy to see that OP has left a great deal of info out.

Ask yourself, how would a "hacker" know what email address OP has for the forums? How would they get the password to even login to the forums?

I hate to break it to you but real life isn't like the movies. There's no sophisticated "hacking program " one can use to get your forum login or mcoc login.
  • LimejuiceLimejuice Member Posts: 48

Hasibullahfida is your previous forum account?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/profile/discussions/Hasibullahfida

In September,21 you asked about to change password.

It was you or the other guy?

From what I could tell just from these posts (not any data from Kabam itself), is that LimeJuice (here) yes, used to be Halibul… forum account, which they had been posting as for years.
    Person who stole (acquired, or however, etc), this person's actual Microsoft email login/password (which might have been same used for game), so was also able to then login to that game account and forum acct using same info.

So that other person started using that Halibul.. forum account just this month (as login was probably same) starting with those (“how do I change email / password” posts up here).
    Definite change in writing/post style starting with this month.
    Prior to that, that forum account posts were likely indeed this “LimeJuice” original poster here (who couldn’t get at their Halibul.. forum account anymore, or game acct too, after the “breach”).

Wonder if Kabam has disabled the Halibul.. forum account now too (that person hadn’t been back since Kabam responded in one of them).
    Finally someone understood my situation, indeed Hasibullahfida is my forum and LimeJuice1 account (created limejuice forum to post). But i got hacked and lost everything, 9 years of playing. Yet majority here saying i shouldnt have shared my password or hired merc ot selling account, like why the he k would i do that? And that too 9 years account. I aint restarting. Its just sad that the person knew my sensitive info BUT not all information and provided kabam with proof, yet nothing was done

From what I could tell just from these posts (not any data from Kabam itself), is that LimeJuice (here) yes, used to be Halibul… forum account, which they had been posting as for years.
    Person who stole (acquired, or however, etc), this person's actual Microsoft email login/password (which might have been same used for game), so was also able to then login to that game account and forum acct using same info.

So that other person started using that Halibul.. forum account just this month (as login was probably same) starting with those (“how do I change email / password” posts up here).
    Prior to that, that forum account posts were likely indeed this “LimeJuice” original poster here (who couldn’t get at their Halibul.. forum account anymore, or game acct too, after the “breach”).

Wonder if Kabam has disabled the Halibul.. forum account now too (that person hadn’t been back since Kabam responded in one of them).

Doesn't explain how the "hacker" managed to pull info from the apple account. Like date of creation, purchases. All this without triggering a verification from hotmail or apple.
    This really seems like an account sale gone bad. Glad the account is closed.
    Every info was the same for me, i did get notification on my phone from Microsoft that my account info has been changed but i was a sleep that time so it was too late

Man, forum people can’t wait for confirmation before letting your nasty personalities out. Nice.

Game team alteady closed a thread by OP, customer service closed the account. I'm pretty sure this thread will be closed too.
    It was nice that they left him his (new) forum account though.
    Just make a different one lmao
    DNA3000 said:

There’s really nothing to say in this case. As the ticket states, two different parties were able to give complete account verification information. When that happens, policy states the account should be considered compromised, and thus closed.

Complete account verification is, as many people who have lost control of their account will attest to, not something a “hacker” can glean from the game account itself, because not even the account owner can retrieve that information from the game account itself. This is by design.. The questions that must be answered are (last i checked):

Date of account creation
    Geographic location of the device at account creation
    Original account in-game name
    Kabam ID (if created and associated) or email associated with game account
    First two purchases from in-game store, if any

If two different people possess all of this information, then by policy it is impossible for customer service to validate who the original owner is. They aren’t allowed to make up their own criteria, which is why they can’t negotiate with the dueling players to see who has more information. Things like screenshots or videos can be faked, and they can also be acquired (since people often post that stuff). Customer support cannot decide, on their own, that yes, only the account owner could have that screen shot of that war.

The only way for a “hacker” to somehow gain access to all of the account verification information is to hack the player’s email and Apple/Google accounts. And if a hacker did that to someone, they would not be spending tons of time here trying to regain access to the game account. Or at least they shouldn’t, because they have much bigger problems. Like full scale identity theft problems.

Also, as any security professional will tell you, there’s no such thing as stealing “a” password. When someone compromises the security of a system, if they get anyone’s passwords, they get everyone’s passwords. Stealing one guy’s password is Hollywood fiction. If someone has your password and no one else’s, you gave it to them.

Or literally everyone has super strong passwords and yours is the name of your cat and that’s the only one they’ve cracked so far.
    As soon as that happened, i changed my password on Apple id right away because that was priority number 1 because of other valuable infos. I even changef bank card. Kabam needs to check IP ADDRESS. Ask the person (either hack or me) for all purchases of every year to actually see who is the real owner.

What confirmation is needed? Read both posts and it's fairly easy to see that OP has left a great deal of info out.

Ask yourself, how would a "hacker" know what email address OP has for the forums? How would they get the password to even login to the forums?

I hate to break it to you but real life isn't like the movies. There's no sophisticated "hacking program " one can use to get your forum login or mcoc login.
    It all came from my apple ID, its all connected cos easier for me to remember.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Member Posts: 315 ★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Limejuice said:

Well Yeah most have known by now my account got hacked etc and some saying you got scammed by Selling or hiring merc etc. Think what you want. I provided everything to kabam, including all purchases every year, only thing hacker knew was my original email and name so it was compromised. Even my forums got hacked. F u hacker(period)

You can’t prove ownership with only original email and name.
    You didn’t quit. Kabam deleted you.

This is like saying I quit from a job after beinf fired, lol

He can easily start up a new account. Many players do that. But he choose not to. He quit MCOC. Simple.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Member Posts: 315 ★★★

Some people still use same e-mail and password for everything, so it does not matter where the hack has been done as long as somneone got hold of your e-mail and password.
  • HalleyHalley Member Posts: 451 ★★

Game team alteady closed a thread by OP, customer service closed the account. I'm pretty sure this thread will be closed too.
    No, please no, this forum is only thing he can play now 😄 he connected with this game for 7/9 years by now, you all so merciless, hard hearted... Nooooo... 😂
  • HalleyHalley Member Posts: 451 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

... The questions that must be answered are (last i checked):

Date of account creation
    Geographic location of the device at account creation
    Original account in-game name
    Kabam ID (if created and associated) or email associated with game account
    First two purchases from in-game store, if any

Damn, if they asked me these things, I fail 😂
    Halley said:

No, please no, this forum is only thing he can play now 😄 he connected with this game for 7/9 years by now, you all so merciless, hard hearted... Nooooo... 😂
    Lmao its stupid that they consider ”hacking” as violating TOS which i never did, just got hacked, probably quit forums too
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Member Posts: 369 ★★★
    Mate, you have been set free. Move on and enjoy your life
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 916 ★★★★

Unlike you I pop in here maybe once or twice since days. I don’t have to be here to read every thread and comment, ready to defend.

Some people still use same e-mail and password for everything, so it does not matter where the hack has been done as long as somneone got hold of your e-mail and password.
    You're not understanding what's happening. As DNA said, it would be plausible if someone "hacked" Apples database for that information but that didn't happen since OP is the only one to have it happen.

That means this "hacker's targeted this account specifically and this forum account specifically. But why pick OP out of everyone? If the "hacker" has intimate knowledge of MCOC, why go for OPs account? There's nothing special of it. Why not a super strong account?

There's never been any known cases of actual "hacking " in terms of how it's being used here. What usually happens is that the person claiming they got hacked is always someone who shared their account with their friends or a merc and it was stolen from them.

OP already admitted his friend knew his account info. That's not hacking. It's more likely that OP bought the account or shared info and it was taken from them.
    Limejuice said:

So you're saying that someone got into Apple's database and stole your MCOC account info. Didn't touch anything else like take over any other accounts? All they were interested in was taking your sweet, sweet MCOC account?

That's the hill you want to die on?

Unlike you I pop in here maybe once or twice since days. I don’t have to be here to read every thread and comment, ready to defend.
    Maybe catch up with everything else before making assumptions. You won't because you live to call us employees and defenders. Any excuse to use that like it actually means something.

Limejuice said:

So you're saying that someone got into Apple's database and stole your MCOC account info. Didn't touch anything else like take over any other accounts? All they were interested in was taking your sweet, sweet MCOC account?

As for as i know, i only play mcoc account, as i said he got through my apple id snd removed my hotmail account (received text on my phone someone logged in and changed it). If you are a pro hacker you can hack anything,
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,414 ★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Or literally everyone has super strong passwords and yours is the name of your cat and that’s the only one they’ve cracked so far.
    Good thing no one will guess my password. It's my favorite sled, not the name of my cat.
    rosebud?
    Nope. I'd say that's the most famous, not my favorite.
    Jamaica18. Now plz don't hack me.

Amazing frame you created haha
  • houndogακιhoundogακι Member Posts: 263 ★★
    Limejuice said:

Doesn't explain how the "hacker" managed to pull info from the apple account. Like date of creation, purchases. All this without triggering a verification from hotmail or apple.
    Every info was the same for me, i did get notification on my phone from Microsoft that my account info has been changed but i was a sleep that time so it was too late

But i was a sleep that time do it was too late..🤡
    Limejuice said:

Limejuice said:

As for as i know, i only play mcoc account, as i said he got through my apple id snd removed my hotmail account (received text on my phone someone logged in and changed it). If you are a pro hacker you can hack anything,
    My guy, "pro hackers" aren't wasting their time with mobile games. Even more so, targeting your account. I have a bigger account than you so what is it about your account that would make a "pro hacker" break into Apple's database, look for your info specifically and then want to take over your account? Why would that "pro hacker" then rank 3 your falcon?

Please make some sense of this.

Limejuice said:

But i was a sleep that time do it was too late..🤡
    You hoyo is a clown
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,815 ★★★★★
    As the game history suggests.
    It's joever.

Make a new id if you wanna play mcoc again, otherwise move on, because it's Joever!
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,169 ★★★★★

As the game history suggests.
    It's joever.

Make a new id if you wanna play mcoc again, otherwise move on, because it's Joever!

Maybe it's not Joever. Maybe he's hoping for
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,598 ★★★★★
    I still find it funny that the "Hacker" got into his apple account and all he worries about is an MCoC account....

I still find it funny that the "Hacker" got into his apple account and all he worries about is an MCoC account....

Whats more funny is that first priority was to control my apple ID and anything related, i took care of that as it took 1-2 days, changed bank card. Now looking into my mcoc account to fix, Whats the problem??
This discussion has been closed.